Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!

Go down 
+2
ChocklitKiss
Sugah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! Empty
PostSubject: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 am

Added November 21, 2013:

This update on downloading at Sugah's Place brings some good news and not so good news!

I am happy to say that the adf.ly ads still do not appear when Box is used to share our downloads.
However, many of our older files are shared using Mediafire.
The adf.ly ads have returned with those unfortunately.

* Please know that adf.ly was added by Forumotion and NOT my doing! *
Whether this is a temporary reappearance or if the annoying ads are here to stay, I know not.  UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 62525

For now, you will be able to click on any Box download link and will not have to deal with adf.ly ads.
Not so with our older Mediafire ones sadly.

FYI:

I have asked that my creative team continue to post the following:

If you'd prefer to bypass the ad, simply open a new browser & copy/paste: mediafire.com/nameoffile

below each regular download button.

This way, you'll have the option to bypass the pesky adf.ly ads still, when mediafire links are used.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience.

ThankUHearts

Last edited by Sugah on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated downloading information)
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ChocklitKiss

ChocklitKiss

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 pm

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 683951

Sugah, please..........I would go through much more than some ads for the priviledge of downloading the incredible talent of you and your merry band of associates. All of us Simmers know that quality downloads that are safe, easy to use and so lovingly presented are few and far between. Your concern for your loyal fans is just another reason we all stay and support your site.

That said.......I await your next update. Ads and all.

Chocklit
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:18 pm

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 357604 so agree!!

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 765640
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh, Miss Kiss, what you have shared almost brought tears to my eyes! UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 888294
Thank you so much for saying what you did.
You can not know how much it means to me that you feel that way.
I do hope that others will feel the same. UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 266736

And Ulli, thank you, as always for your kind support.
I am so grateful to have you here with us at Sugah's Place. UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 762448

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 154182

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm sure many of us feel that way. UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 678648
Back to top Go down
Ms Simmer

Ms Simmer

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm

The download thing is not a problem --it took a few seconds to figure it out then it was ok

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 243713 for your consideration
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 am

I noticed the change when I downloaded one of your most recent sets. It took me a minute to figure out how to skip the ad and get to the download link, but after that it was no problem. Thanks for the info about how to bypass it. That's helpful. I agree that it's not a big problem.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!   UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:28 am

Thank you, all, for your positive, encouraging feedback.
I am so grateful for it and especially to know you will not be discouraged from downloading here, when faced with ads.

bluwhew!

There are a couple ways to get around the new problem.
I have found the easiest, personally, is to just delete the adf.ly in the new browser addy box.
It takes only a couple of seconds.
I then hit "enter" and voila! The Mediafire download page comes through quick as a wink. UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 262201

If anyone has any questions, whatsoever, please feel free to ask them here.

Again, I truly appreciate the support, my friends.

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP! 558785

Back to top Go down

UPDATED 11.21.13: READ before downloading at SP!
Page 1 of 1