Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...

Go down 
+8
Astral Faery
twerplina
autumnelle
Ullwera
Sugah
ilikefishfood
Caleb_71
Jayce
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jayce

Jayce

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:22 pm

What a great site, Sugah! Everyone is so friendly and supportive and, of course, crazily addicted to Sims 2. I love the game, I play every day and suffer withdrawal symptoms if I don't get to visit my hood and my little mates! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 85797
I was quite amazed when I first visited the site and read some forums about how so many of us started "simming" when we were kids, long before the game was invented. For me, it was Star Wars figures, though I never played them as the characters from the films. I would change their names, put them in a modern context and interact them as friends and write stories about their lives. Sound familiar?
I only discovered mods and CC about a year ago (living in a remote area, I didn't have access to internet until I moved to the big smoke) and after imploding a neighbourhood doing just about everything you're not supposed to do (OH, you can't just delete those creepy townies, I get it now!) I had my computer rebuilt from scratch to handle the direction my game was heading: BIG!
I play my custom hood, Palm Beach, with 13 residences and 32 characters. I've installed some great mods (surfing, casual romance, no getting fat/burning food/random visitors etc...) and amazing CC (hair, clothes, food, furniture, houses, plants) and a couple of sims I've tweaked so they don't exactly resemble a celebrity, just to supplement my own. Palm Beach is tropical and lush, summery, friendly and just about everyone knows everyone! I play the game fairly safely: most of my sims who hooked up in uni are still together but there's a few committment-phobic singles who "casually romance" other like-minded singles they meet at Velvet (the nightclub) or Pagoda and Mariners' Tavern (restaurants) or at Pacific Beach and the Coral Bay surf break. I just ignore the townies, though laughin They wave and try to gate-crash the conversation or pool-game but my sims just give them the cold shoulder!
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:07 pm

G'day Sport, howtheyhangin' and welcome to Sugah's Place.
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Thanks, Caleb!   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:03 am

Nice to meet you. That's my middle name BTW! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 408427 I love these smiley animations. The dancing kitty looks like my cat when she watches the nature docos on TV: Hey, where did that little critter go??
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:14 am

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 34872
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:35 am

Welcome, Jayce, and thank you for the great introduction!
I enjoyed reading about your passion for our beloved Sims 2. Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 687310

Glad to meet you and have you here with us at Sugah's Place.

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 442241
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:07 am

By the way Jayce...your foray into the wild world of simming, sounds very much like mine! For me it was Barbie dolls, and like you, I wrote out their stories: bios, physical descriptions, their likes and dislikes...the works! sunny
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 954479 to Sugah´s Place!

Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Nice to meet you all!   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's wonderful to meet people who play our game with such devotion and imagination. Believe it or not, only one of my friends is into simming (nowhere even near the extent I am!) and the rest think I'm a bit strange, so you can imagine how elated I feel that people, at last, get what I'm talking about! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 99672
The few gamers in my social group prefer those war games like "Call Of Duty" etc, which I've never enjoyed playing. I find the violence, which you're supposed to be somehow disassociated from, kinda disturbing. It's funny, I didn't realise this when I started playing about 3 years ago (I was just trying to get the hang of the game at that point) but Sims 2 is completely open-ended. There are no limits to the depth and scope of the game. Sometimes I've been shocked at how authentic my sims' feelings are about something particular to them. I had to remind myself they were "computer-programming." Or were they? How can I feel this attachment to them and be this involved in their lives? Why does it make me happy to see them happy in that joyful over-the-moon way they get?
Yes, I feel a deep affection for my sims. Sometimes when you close in for a photo-op, you catch them with a look. Not just in their face, but in their eyes. I think you all know what I'm talking about...
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:03 am

AB-solutely! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 357604 I totally get what you're saying Jayce! Ditto! Ditto! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 637989
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:51 am

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 5ce2f806
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 692765 Welcome, Jayce! As a relative newcomer, I can guarantee that you'll like it here.

Now, can someone direct me to the thread where I can read about how you guys played with dolls and such before the sims?
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: The pre-Sims active imagination thread   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks for the cheery welcomes, gang! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 868736 I'd love to direct you to the thread but I was so busy reading everything that night, I can't remember! I think there may have been some references in ilikefishfood's "Christophe Harbour" story - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
My family still make a joke of me apparently sitting in my high-chair making a couple of spoons talk to each other so maybe I started way back then! I did spend a lot of time in my room as a kid playing with Lego, creating neighbourhoods and families who lived there. It wasn't really until the Star Wars figures that my imagination went into overdrive and I actually began to invent lives: little bios in a notebook. I keep a notebook now for my sims to keep a track of what they're doing (careers, skills, those friendships starting to blossom etc), it helps me feel organized.
And on the subject of Christophe Harbour Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 367799 to ilikefishfood for taking me into your world. It was amazing. I can't wait to start on your next chapter!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:01 am

Jayce, you totally rock! dancintrio

Twerplina...there isn't a specific thread for how we graduated from dolls and figurines into the sims. There's a multiple-page thread where I share the goings on in my game (and where my Christophe Harbour story got it's start) and in it, I shared my tales of writing bios for my Barbies. There's even a picture of a page from one of my notebooks that I scanned and shared! Yes...30 years later, I still have all these old notebooks crammed with detailed biographies. sunny I think I may've mentioned it as well in the early chappies of my LJ story.

Maybe we should start a "How did you get started playing Sims"?" thread!

Jayce, I'm intrigued by your spoon people. I did that with pencils when I was bored in class! Which was a lot by the way! lol! When I was really, really bored...I'd pretend that the classroom was a busy newsroom, and we were all working on important projects. Too much TV I think.

Interestingly...I actually am now a journalist! Who by the way, is at this moment in the newsroom pretending that she's working on an important story! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 99672
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: I'd love to hear how everyone got started!   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:56 am

I think we all had the Sims in us somewhere. I love that the game re-awakens the childhood imagination we had to leave behind when we grew up and got all sensible! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 465755 What with jobs and paying the bills and life and all...
I love seeing how everyone at Sugah's brings their sims to life. Some of the sims in the stories and updates are truly breathtaking to look at and knowing that they have such rich, detailed lives in their creators' hoods - with families and jobs and long-standing friendships, passions and ambitions, feelings, opinions - well, sunny you can't tell me that they're not real!
ilikefishfood: i have a day off tomorrow. I'm going to go for a swim down the beach in the morning, do my laundry then make a big cup of coffee and absorb myself in the Harbour!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:15 am

Hi, Jayce, and welcome to Sugah's!

Jayce wrote:
Believe it or not, only one of my friends is into simming (nowhere even near the extent I am!) and the rest think I'm a bit strange

Jayce wrote:
How can I feel this attachment to them and be this involved in their lives? Why does it make me happy to see them happy in that joyful over-the-moon way they get?
Yes, I feel a deep affection for my sims. Sometimes when you close in for a photo-op, you catch them with a look. Not just in their face, but in their eyes. I think you all know what I'm talking about...

Because you're a simmer. We all know what you're talking about. And non-simmer just don't get it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:33 am

Jayce wrote:
I think we all had the Sims in us somewhere. I love that the game re-awakens the childhood imagination we had to leave behind when we grew up and got all sensible!

Speak for yourself! I haven't grown up yet and I'm certainly not sensible! Hee heee!!! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 99672 laughin

Jayce wrote:
I'm going to go for a swim down the beach in the morning, do my laundry then make a big cup of coffee and absorb myself in the Harbour!

Enjoy your swim and your visit to Christophe Harbour.

By the way, I borrowed the name from an undeveloped development here on my island, which due to the economic crisis has been stalled for years. I never expected my little story to gather a following! I think my story is doing better than the real thing! I hope my tale doesn't get so well-known that I get sued! verklempt

Of course, all I 'borrowed' was the name...I imagine my version to be a bit like New Orleans...sub tropical, with a rich and somewhat mysterious multi-cultural history. Here's the real thing: Christophe Harbour, St. Kitts.
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks for the clarification.

The good news is that you have a pile of bios to draw on, should you need one in a hurry Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 99672

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Jayce, I can relate to what you're saying.
I don't have any immediate friends and fam who play TS2.
Two of my daughters did for awhile, but they go in spurts with it and have such busy lives.
My Sissy has played, on occasion, but not of late.

I have never been into those intense action games either.
Too much blood and guts for me, plus all that fast action makes me anxious! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 598258

Jayce wrote:
Sims 2 is completely open-ended. There are no limits to the depth and scope of the game. Sometimes I've been shocked at how authentic my sims' feelings are about something particular to them ... Why does it make me happy to see them happy in that joyful over-the-moon way they get?
Yes, I feel a deep affection for my sims.

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 357604 Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 637989

I can't tell you how many of us can relate to that.
We are SOOOO with you there.

Jayce wrote:
I love seeing how everyone at Sugah's brings their sims to life.

We would love it if you'd start your own thread, Jayce.
Please feel free to share your gameplay with us.
We are thrilled to welcome members who are still passionate about Sims 2 and who love sharing what's been going on in their virtual worlds as well as reading about what's going on in ours.

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 4322 Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 147390

You can read the guidelines for doing so HERE.
Simply start a new thread to share what's been going on with your Simmies in this section. Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 584675
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Hi everyone!   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks for all your comments (Astral Faery, Ullwera, Autumnelle, twerplina, ilikefishfood, Sugah). You guys make me feel so welcome to chat away laughin
Sugah, I'd love to start a thread about my game, so thanks for directing me around the site. I'm a bit Stone Age when it comes to technology (I only just sent my first email last year haha) and this is the first forum I've ever checked into, instead of just reading, so bear with me while I figure out how to upload some pictures!

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Perhaps this little tutorial by Soloaris might help with posting images at Sugah's Place, Jayce.
Click HERE.

Remember, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 940149
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Cool!   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:38 am

Wow, thanks for the advice, Sugah Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 74257

The tutorial by Soloaris was really helpful and easy to understand. I'm really amped to get started on a story now!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:30 am

Yay!!! That's great, Jayce!
So glad Soloaris' image posting tutorial was helpful.

dancintrio

Remember, you don't have to share stories, per se.
Anything that's going on in your game ...
Whether you just want to share your Sim fams' antics, pics of any decorating or building you've done, or just some fun captures of your Sims ...
We'd love to see them all!

Thank you, again, for being here with us. Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 344738

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:39 am

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 442241 Welcome, Jayce. It's always nice to meet someone else who is passionate about their sims. Like you, I don't have anyone in my life outside of the internet who sims. I had a roommate in college who played the sims too. That was the original game, before TS2 came out and my brother played both games briefly. I think we chipped in together to get the first game and he borrowed my copy of TS2 at one point. But he doesn't play now and one time he accused me of talking about the sims too much. laughin It's definitely nice to find other people online who know what you're talking about.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your simming adventures!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:37 am

Sugah, everyone here is just so lovely and Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 817176 ... SIMpatico! How did you collect such a beautiful bunch of people in one place?!
SimEm, thanks for your nice welcome. Every time I saw one of your comments when I was reading ilikefishfood's "Christophe Harbour" story here at Sugah's, your profile picture (the redhead version) reminded me so much of a friend of mine, it was uncanny! I laughed out loud when you said your bro says you talk too much about Sims Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 683951 I've learned to (ahem) curb my enthusiasm.

In my first hood (which ended up a black hole that ate my computer), I finally married off Jack Diamond and Georgia Merriweather, a long-term relationship couple who had Family second-aspirations and, since they were so nesty and in love, I decided to gamble on that option "Try For a Baby" which I'd only done once before (a disaster: twins, so stressful I abandoned the family and returned ages later once I was a better dad). When Georgia and Jack had their baby, Sam, do you think I could talk about anything else for days?! Talk about eyes glazing over and people thinking I was more socially-retarded than normal! Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... 774807
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:42 am

Which profile picture? This one? Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... Judith10

That is Judith from my sim story Arrendale Heights.

The one I had before that with the darker hair was my simself. (I can't find that picture right now.)

It was several years ago when he commented that I talk about the sims a lot. I took it to mean too much, so I pretty much stopped talking about them to other people. I had to tell my husband the other day that his new haircut reminded me of a style from The Sims. I don't think he knew what I was talking about. I'm not sure he knows what sims are. laughin

The first time you get twins in the game is really exciting. I'm not surprised you wanted to talk about it. laughin
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...   Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone! Jayce from Western Australia here...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next