Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach

Go down 
+8
butterflyunion
Caleb_71
SimEm
Sugah
ilikefishfood
AdriannaSimmie
mac
Jayce
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jayce

Jayce

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:20 am

Just a small post, compared to my usual epics!

These two photos gave me a chuckle. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 99672

The look of total mistrust on Jessica's face as Daniel's talking to her! Even Mike is clenching his teeth and looking like he wants to take a swing at him...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 DanielandJessicaYouIdiot

Daniel doesn't exactly endear himself to Jessica by, apparently, complimenting certain aspects of her appearance...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Danielbehave
Jessica is a swimsuit model and used to male attention but I think Daniel had just stepped over the line!
You can almost hear her thinking, "If he says one more thing..."
And Courtney, who has tasted the sweet and the bitter of love, is commiserating with Jessica in her disbelief at just what an idiot this guy Daniel is!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:33 am

Jayce wrote:
Haha, my sims spend more time practicing than making babies! laughin

Indeed! It's all mine seem to think about! Even the non-romance simmies. I notice Fortune sims seem to want to 'practice' all the time. I wonder if the game has coded babies as an asset. laughin Hmmmmm....

Now Anthony is just all hotness! Sweet tatt...and a nice sprinkling of manly hair on the pecs! hubbahubba

I have such a masochistic weakness for tham thar bad boys! Heeeellllooooooo Mr. D'Orlando! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 883392

[ASIDE: And don't think I didn't notice the similarity in name and profession to a certain Italian pop singer laughin ]

Owen! wow! Those freckles and deep-set smoldering eyes are to die for! Wake up Brooke! Wake up! Not that Chris and David aren't cute, they really are....but Own is a total dreamboat! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 508493

Okay Scott is totally working for me too! Love those strong, manly eyebrows...and I quite like his tendency to stroll around in his skivvies! laughin

Love your pool party pix. Poor Eddie. Some girls just don't like the bad boys (that's okay...more for me!). Georgia is breathtaking!

Have I asked you this before Jayce...do you make your own simmies? 'Cause if you do, you should think about sharing them. They are GORGEOUS!!! Oooooo.......I see you've been directly accordingly. Thanks Jen! Anxiously awaiting your contributions to my hood! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 330104

I love that surfing mod so much. I'm toying with putting it in my game, but my game is so mod laden already, that I'm worried about upsetting the balance. Perhaps I'll test it in a virgin (custom content free) game, and gradually add all my mods and see if the game breaks.

Jayce, Mac....you guys are my heros! I love that you love the game as much as I do. I'm totally addicted. I've been playing since it was released in September of 2004, and I play or do something sim-related (download, prune my download folder, play, download, prune...) every single day except when I'm travelling or something. Like you guys, I'm totally attached to my simmies, and keep track of every single one of them...even my townies and NPCs. lol! Your love of the game is awesome! Can I get a group hug?!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 701517

As to the aging matter. I have aging make-up and graying hair and facial hair for adults. That gently allow me to add shadows and a few lines to older adult simmies, and gray the hair....usually of the men. Women have the remarkable ability to 'keep' from graying! sunny

I do this until I figure simmies are in their late 60's or so...and then even when I do age them up, I use hair and eyebrows that are coloured (not gray) so that they can starve off a few more years if they like. I also have tons of fashionable clothes for elder simmies. I hate that just because a simmie is aging they have to suddenly get dowdy. What's that all about Maxis?!

Hey Robert's cute! Lovin' that hair and that tattoo is boss!

Poor Courtney verklempt

But thanks for the piccies of Eddie in his swimsuit! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 883392

Hmmmmm.......where did that little dish Brad come from?! Hello there, handsome.

Angelina and Mike's house totally rocks! Is it yours? Did yo build it? Will you share it?! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 266736

Angelina and Mike are fabulous looking. Especially love his eyes, and her mouth! Wow! And they are soooooo cute together! What a totally great couple! They can absolutely give Sarah and Ethan competition in the 'favourite couple' competition! laughin

mac wrote:
I have seen the careers on MTS by lientebollemeis, tried them, then stopped using them all. Unless the author has made modifications, these careers make no changes at all to hunger-bladder-cleanliness-fun-social-rest. The sim comes home with the same values in these as when he left. I would love to have a job like that! I just felt this was too unrealistic to play.

Mac, I use a lot of custom careers without any problems, though I must say, I've not come across lientebollemeis.

Love those pix of Daniel and Jessica's exchange! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 99672 Awesome!

Okay...now I'm finally caught up! MORE PLEASE!!!! laughin
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Toni

sunny How awesome to see you! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 262201 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 678648

It's great to see you're back on the dance-floor! laughin I'm hoping this means we'll get to visit the Harbour soon... Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 266736

Thank you for all your lovely comments! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 881668 I'm always inspired by everyone's reactions.

I'm so glad you like the guys and girls from my hood! Haha, I had a feeling you might take a shine to Anthony... You're right, he may have a distant cousin in Italy by that name!

I like my male sims to have some body-hair, it looks great when they're toned and tend to wander around in their dacks and boardies half the time! Hey, it's a beach suburb and I'm just trying to be realistic... laughin

I'll rug them up when there's a chill in the air. But it is a real mystery that somehow my ladies end up in their bikinis and lingerie for no apparent reason! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 553217

I've always thought Owen had that "certain something" about him. I think Brooke wants to go there! blinkinhearts
Scott, you will be seeing a lot more of (he's fallen seriously for one of Georgia's journalist colleagues).
Robert (Sarah's rockabilly brother) has started getting ideas about marrying his girlfriend, Freya! (I just dished out a few Family secondary aspirations to some long-term couples and he was the first to pop that "wedding-rings" thought-bubble!)
Anthony's guitarist, Brad, you will see more of, too, as he's involved in Courtney's storyline now...

I'm just tracing and documenting all the content on my simmies at the moment. I'm certainly not a creator and never planned on sharing my sims, I just played! Unfortunately, what I'm finding is many of the features I've used (eyes and skins) are from TSR, where I had a subscription for my very first batches of CC. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 729422

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 804361

I haven't finished all my documentation yet, though, and I'll keep you posted...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 55638 with testing out the surfing mod! Just how many mods do you have???!!

Without that mod, my hood just wouldn't be what it is! It's so central to my housing and community beaches and so many male friendships (and, of course, my stories!). I really hope you can get it smoothly into your game. It is so much fun!! laughin

Jessica (the gorgeous model far from impressed with Daniel!) has just ventured out and caught her first wave. She's annoyed with the gender-bias of surfing in Pacific Beach, the same way she's annoyed at men ogling her! Let me tell you, she has been cutting it up out there. She is going to put those boys to shame when she gets out on the coral reef! laughin

Hopefully, Jessica will inspire some sistas out on the water. I think once they see the beautiful designs of the girls' boards, some of these ladies are going to at least give it a try!

I'm really intrigued about your sims' "aging process" and I did notice, well before you mentioned this, how gracefully and subtly the characters in the Harbour are getting older (and some wiser!). I'm going to really experiment with make-up and changing looks when the time comes. Thanks for sharing your great elders tips. I love how you've let them reclaim their dignity! laughin

All of my beach houses are from the "coral" collection (keef71 at MTS). I love how these houses have a uniform look. Mac recently moved the MacCartneys into one of them in his hood! I kept the same street numbers, so Mike and Angelina's must be number 10.

I wanted my hood to look as if all the houses were built in the same era (I tend to use similar floors, kitchen counters, bathroom tiles etc.. to suggest this, except when certain sims evoke a different decorating theme, even just a wall finish). I use the good old Maxis weathered corrugated steel on the roofs, it just completes it perfectly. My building skills are atrociously-basic! I'm OK if it's supposed to look like a box laughin I much prefer landscaping, interior decorating and lighting....

So much more to come! sunny

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
I use a lot of custom careers without any problems, though I must say, I've not come across lientebollemeis.

Toni... Hugs of all flavors (or flavours if you prefer) to you! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 765640 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 70330 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 678648

Regarding the careers by lientebollemeis, there must be several dozen of them on MTS. The creator has some template which creates quick and easy careers by request. The only problem is that I have observed (and Jayce has not) that needs don't decay while at work. We're still looking into this.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Jayce wrote:
Hi Toni sunny How awesome to see you! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 262201 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 678648

It's great to see you're back on the dance-floor! laughin I'm hoping this means we'll get to visit the Harbour soon... Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 266736

Well nooooow, THAT's what I call a welcome back! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 678648 Woot!

And yes, I have posted an update. You can go and get your fix. sunny

Jayce wrote:
I had a feeling you might take a shine to Anthony

He is soooo dishy! Or as our Sugah likes to say, "Snacky." laughin

Jayce wrote:
I like my male sims to have some body-hair,

There's a mod for that! Well...I have a mod that lets you add hair to existing simmies. I know, I know...I have a mod for everything! lol! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 85797

Jayce wrote:
... it looks great when they're toned and tend to wander around in their dacks and boardies half the time!

Yes, yes...it does look great! I completely approve hubbahubba

Jayce wrote:
But it is a real mystery that somehow my ladies end up in their bikinis and lingerie for no apparent reason!

Yeeeeees......I've noticed that. Very strange indeed. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 99672

Jayce wrote:
I've always thought Owen had that "certain something" about him. I think Brooke wants to go there!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 266736

Jayce wrote:
Scott, you will be seeing a lot more of (he's fallen seriously for one of Georgia's journalist colleagues).
Robert (Sarah's rockabilly brother) has started getting ideas about marrying his girlfriend, Freya! (I just dished out a few Family secondary aspirations to some long-term couples and he was the first to pop that "wedding-rings" thought-bubble!)
Anthony's guitarist, Brad, you will see more of, too, as he's involved in Courtney's storyline now...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 366915 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 247485 dancintrio

Jayce wrote:
I'm just tracing and documenting all the content on my simmies at the moment. I'm certainly not a creator and never planned on sharing my sims, I just played! Unfortunately, what I'm finding is many of the features I've used (eyes and skins) are from TSR, where I had a subscription for my very first batches of CC. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 729422

There, there Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 665781 Don't worry...most of us have been there. I had a paid sub back in my TS1 days, and renewed a couple times in the early days of TS2. I still download the freebie stuff, but even that you're not allowed to share.

However, once you package your simmies, you can view them in bodyshop and change their skins and other genetics to free stuff. We also do sometimes, when we just HAVE to use a pay hair, just not include it in the package file, and provide a link to it in the post.

When you're ready I can hold your hand through the process Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612

Jayce wrote:
Just how many mods do you have???!!

Ummmm....*hangs head in shame*

Not including default clothing and hiders to hide some of Maxis' weirder clothing and hair from showing up....bearing in mind that some mods have several files, and including hacked objects.....

hundreds

What?! Doesn't everyone have lots and lots of mods?

Of course there're the two essentials, the Blender and the Sim Manipulator.

But I also use mods to make them stop doing annoying things, like clapping every time you buy them a new object, or crying when you get rid of something, or autonomously playing with their handheld games until they faint from hunger.

I have mods that allow them to wear their regular clothes to work (I hate most of Maxis' work clothes), and ones that let you choose if they bring home friends from work/school. Mods that completely disable work and school without penalties. It can be switched on and off if you want your family to have a vacation at home, and it still allows simmies to drive or walk to school or work if you want to get rid of some members of the household.

Then there're mods to fix glitches, make gameplay more realistic, to disable vampire biting and stop simmies from bursting into flames if hit by lightening and all that stuff etc. etc....and of course the more 'grown up mods.' Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 226245

Love that Jessica is showing the lads how its done. Girl power!

Happy to share my 'aging' tips.

I know what you mean about a themed hood. The main part of Christophe Harbour has a 'look' to it too. That kinda old world, French Quarter inspired look. Simmiewood is more modern, with a former industrial area where old factories have been converted to homes.

Love Seraphina's dress by the way. Niiiiice! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612

Mac, some of my careers I've had for ages, but I'd happily zip up my careers folder and upload it to mediafire for you if you like. All the files are clearly labelled so you can delete the ones you don't want.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:26 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
I have mods that allow them to wear their regular clothes to work (I hate most of Maxis' work clothes), and ones that let you choose if they bring home friends from work/school. Mods that completely disable work and school without penalties. It can be switched on and off if you want your family to have a vacation at home, and it still allows simmies to drive or walk to school or work if you want to get rid of some members of the household.

I'm interested in the work clothes mod - hate the powder-blue frumpy femme work suit! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 885966 Do you know of any mod that turns off the call inviting the sim to go to the city? Every time I get a whole bunch of activities stacked up for a sim, some idiot always calls inviting him to the city. Noooo I still don't want to go to the city!

ilikefishfood wrote:

Mac, some of my careers I've had for ages, but I'd happily zip up my careers folder and upload it to mediafire for you if you like. All the files are clearly labelled so you can delete the ones you don't want.

Thanks Toni, I already have lots of careers - just have had trouble with those from the one creator - lientebollemeis - for some reason. Hope to get it sorted out with Jayce. If it's ever sorted out, I'll request a Silly Walks Career. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 97206 I already have John Cleese in my hood!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Mac, Squinge made the original 'Casual Dress for work,' which was updated for AL by Chaavik.

If you check out his mod section HERE, just go to the thread for the highest EP you have. Chaavik's updates are in this section so it's just for you to find the one for your highest EP.

About the phone calls, CJ has a number of options HERE.

I use Pescado's PHONE HACK which allows you to set the number of times a phone rings, or (my choice) turn it off all together. It only rings when someone writes a novel and it's been sold. Otherwise, I control who my simmies speak with on the phone, thank you very much! laughin
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:03 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
Mac, Squinge made the original 'Casual Dress for work,' which was updated for AL by Chaavik.

If you check out his mod section HERE, just go to the thread for the highest EP you have. Chaavik's updates are in this section so it's just for you to find the one for your highest EP.

About the phone calls, CJ has a number of options HERE.

I use Pescado's PHONE HACK which allows you to set the number of times a phone rings, or (my choice) turn it off all together. It only rings when someone writes a novel and it's been sold. Otherwise, I control who my simmies speak with on the phone, thank you very much! laughin

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 130744
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Mac,
I know exactly what you mean about the work uniforms! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 971462
I seriously doubt my girls would ever leave the house looking like that!

I've been changing my sims out of the atrocities and into something more appropriate with the SimManipulator (thanks again, Toni, for putting me onto that mod, it has changed my life, erm, I mean my sims' lives!) laughin

Speaking of work, (theirs' not mine!) I've still not found anyone in the hood whose custom career effects their needs out of the normal range. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 62525
I've still got a couple more houses to visit to take the full inventory...

I saw John Cleese when he toured Australia earlier this year. My stomach literally hurt the next day from laughing so much! He is so hilarious! laughin

Wow, I have to say I'm adoring the SimBlender! Thanks for steering me in that direction, Mac. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 940149

I've done a few things you advised about their LTW's. I can see my game starting to develop to another level. That teleport option has allowed a whole different style of play for me. It's so exciting! I like how you can use it in conjunction with the Manipulator, too.

You guys have really opened my game to so many possibilities! Thank you! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 247485

Toni,
I love your world of multiple mods! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 21650

I also use a couple you mentioned, especially those that fix those more irritating and illogical behaviours. They make it feel less like a "kids game" and more intelligent and relaxed to play.

The "adult version" mods really add the spice! They're not only a scale of unimaginable fun for my sims (who I'm sure thanked me, when they could finally keep their hands off each other!) but they really give relationships that intimacy and comfort, which made them feel less robotic in the game sense and, for me, far more natural and realistic with each other.

I can't wait to go to the Harbour now! dancintrio

[left]
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:48 am

Instead of teleporting, this is a bit more "honest". You look up the sim you want to contact, then you must get it touch by telephone, but then you can email.

Yes, Harry Potter's in my 'hood, too. Also Servius Snape (aka Alan Rickman). He, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all have wizardry related careers - here is the link.

I'm going to have to look at the lientebollemeis careers again. Maybe I have some hack which disables the needs modification during work.
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi Mac,

Thanks for the link to the wizardry careers. Fascinating! The creator has put a great deal of thought and imagination (and hard work!) into this.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 21650

The icons are great and I love the job-title "Unspeakable" in the Ministry one. I've had a few jobs like that in my time! laughin

I use that telephone book, it's been so helpful to get friendships started. Some people in the modding community really hit on the simple, obvious tweaks like that. I played the game for so long without any CC or mods (I couldn't get internet access where I was living) that these things still amaze me! laughin

Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi everyone sunny

I thought I'd show you some other parts of Pacific Beach. Not everyone can live in one of those beach houses (though I'm sure they'd like to!). In fact, most of the residents live in the rows of adjoining terraces, some within sight of the beach.

Here's Owen returning from surfing at Coral Bay to the house where he lives with Brooke and Connor.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Owencominghome-2
All those fences you see down the street divide the terraces. This particular house was designed as a corner block and faces a different direction to the neighbouring terraces. I love that beautiful afternoon light, such a contrast to the morning...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Connormail-1
... like when Connor takes the rubbish out while Brooke's cooking breakfast. I can almost few the morning dew under Connor's feet!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Brigittebutterflies
Further down the street, Brigitte (Courtney's housemate) seems to attract the butterflies!

This is Georgia and Chris' house. Another corner terrace, except I faced this one to the street.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 ChrisandGeorgias

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Chrispool
Chris has more fun than anyone in the pool!

Around the other side of the lighthouse, Brad (the guitarist in Anthony's band) lives in another terrace row with his girlfriend, Jane, and their friend, Drew.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Bradlighthouse

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 BradView
These guys have a great view to the beach where the more daring surfers like Chris challenge the coral reef.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Bradmail
The front gardens of these smaller terraces haven't got much space, so I had to be slightly more modest with my landscaping!

Not out the back, though!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Bradbackyard
I like the feeling that just over the back fence...

... it's a jungle out there!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Junglefence

In houses like Lauren and Erin's, the view of the trees give an ambience and serenity to the upstairs rooms.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Laurenyogaupstairs

Lauren is a model. Having to keep toned for her photo shoots, she sometimes takes her yoga-mat outside.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Laurengardenyoga

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Laurenyogaoverview

There's Lauren's housemate, Erin, coming back from the beach with Scott.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 ScottandErin-3

Erin cooking schnitzels for Lauren, Scott and Freya.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Erindinner
Erin is normally very shy. Moving in with Lauren, who recently split up with Jack, her boyfriend from uni, has really opened Erin's world. Her and Scott have been slowly getting to know each other...

Scott calls her the next day. Is this the start of something??
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Erinbackporch

Courtney and Brigitte.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 CourtneyandBrigittenight

Brad and Jane.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 BradandJaneEggsBenedict-1

Jane and Lauren.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 JaneandLauren

Jane and Brad's housemate, Drew.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Drewsoserious

And, finally, Daniel has given up trying to chat up models in bars...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 DanielandBrigitte
... and found love with Brigitte.

Hope you enjoyed the visit! laughin

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 am

Well I just totally love your neighbourhood, and I agree that the idea of building them in the same style creates a beautiful and realistic feel. Of course, I am lovin' all the foliage! I'm all about tropical climes! sunny

Your simmies are so pretty!!! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612 I especially like that pic of Jane and Lauren. You've got quite the directorial eye there Jayce. I'm loving the angles on your shots. Just beautiful.

So Daniel found himself a girl eh? laughin Good for him!

I'm giving your neighbourhood a biiiig thumbs up! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 954246
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:45 am

Wow, Toni, that's so nice of you to say! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 881668

I've always documented my sims' lives with lots of photos. I do spend a ridiculous amount of time adjusting the angles and framing to get that photo I know is there somewhere in that moment! Having said that, some of ones that turn out best are those I put no effort into at all! laughin

Having a good camera mod and photogenic sims undoubtedly helps! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Indeed! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612 laughin

So what's the dirt on Lauren and Jack? Why did they split up? Was it Jayce-chestrated...or did they really grow apart? sunny
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 pm

That's quite trippy you mentioned Lauren and Jack, I was just over at Jack's place last night! laughin

A totally Jayce-chestrated manouever on my part. Many of my long-term couples have been living together since uni and I figured there would be at least one pair who just wouldn't go the distance. I agonised over this decision Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 729422 because I get sentimental about their relationships! verklempt

It did seem to me that Jack and Lauren were, indeed, drifting apart, though. Something that used to be there wasn't there anymore, if that makes sense. I could see a subtle change in their attention to each other, a lack of animated conversation and affection. Strange, all my other uni couples remain crazy about each other. If I leave them alone for two seconds, they start mauling each other! laughin

Fortunately, it was an amicable seperation. On reflection, this difficult decision ended up creating quite different storylines for Lauren and Jack and certain, shall we say?... "developments" in both of their lives have added another layer to them and Pacific Beach! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 422794

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 364821

I'm organising my photos and narrative. So much has been happening! I even dusted off the pose boxes and started adding a few touches to the decor. laughin

Having discovered the wonderous applications of "teleport" on the recently-installed SimBlender (what a gem!), opportunities for stories and photos (bringing sims from far and wide into a scene, woot!) have made my game seem a bit more cinematic... well, afternoon soap-opera, at least! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 97206
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:24 am

wow! wow! wow!

Jayce, Pacific Beach is absolutely AMAZING!
I love your 'hood and all of the gorgeous Sims that live in it.
Your snapshots are SIMply incredible! You have a great directorial eye, as Toni has said.
And I, too, am lovin' the realistic feel of your land where many palm trees sway.

Fan - freakin' - tastic!!!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 846508 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 461171

Most of all, I love your passion and enthusiasm for our favorite Sims game.
I truly enjoyed looking at all of your beautiful pics and lovely pixel people.
The surfin' mod is so cool. I am definitely going to download that when I set up my beach hood.
Those pics ROCK!!!

I am also lovin' all the sharing your Pacific Beach thread has been generating. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 21650

Again, I thank you for being here and for making Sugah's Place your TS2 home.
You are such a fabulous addition to our little family.

Now, about sharing your gorgeous Sims with our members here ...
Let's get the dialogue going on that so we can offer a few of them when next we update this month!
I'd be honored if you'd like to share them exclusively at Sugah's Place.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 122582
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Sugah,
Thank you so much! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 881668

It means so much to me that you've enjoyed seeing Pacific Beach and my little sim-pals! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 262201

Honestly, I'd gotten so used to purposely not discussing my addiction to the game and the absolute pleasure I get from playing - not to mention the time I devote, which utterly horrifies my friends and family laughin - that I find it downright "homely" here!

Pacific Beach was a labour of love to create. I knew I wanted a certain look and feel to the place but the way it turned out, and the way the residents there live, was beyond what I imagined. As for those residents... each and everyone of them is individual and special to me.

I'd be delighted to share some of my guys and girls, Sugah. I'm still in the process of documenting the what's and where's. I'll PM you in the next couple of days (no doubt with some questions!)... laughin
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Quote :
It means so much to me that you've enjoyed seeing Pacific Beach and my little sim-pals!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 4322

Quote :
Honestly, I'd gotten so used to purposely not discussing my addiction to the game and the absolute pleasure I get from playing - not to mention the time I devote, which utterly horrifies my friends and family ...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 683951

I think several of us can relate to that statement, Jayce. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612

Quote :
I'd be delighted to share some of my guys and girls, Sugah. I'm still in the process of documenting the what's and where's. I'll PM you in the next couple of days (no doubt with some questions!)...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 648375

Your timing couldn't be better and I thank you in advance.
With some of our regular creative staff on a small hiatus due to summer break/family & personal matters/busy real lives...
We may very well be in need of another contributor to help out with some of our upcoming updates the next month or two, especially.

I believe I've already pointed you to Important Rules for Donating Gifts, which should answer most of your questions.

Here are some examples of the head/body/cc images and the basic template we use to post our Sim models:

Reid Michael

Thea

Anya

Meadow

Robin

The more close up you can get, the better. Having a really cool backdrop doesn't hurt either.
I'd be happy to email you the posting template & size images we use. You'd only have to fill in the blanks!

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Jayce wrote:
A totally Jayce-chestrated manouever on my part. Many of my long-term couples have been living together since uni and I figured there would be at least one pair who just wouldn't go the distance. I agonised over this decision Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 729422 because I get sentimental about their relationships!

I totally get that. But you it's most realistic. I'm all for realism. Hence my obsession with making all simmies (including non playables) have a past. It's all about the details! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612

Jayce wrote:
I even dusted off the pose boxes

You talkin' to the pose box Queen here! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 99672 My pose box folder is over 60MB!!! affraid

Jayce wrote:
Having discovered the wonderous applications of "teleport" on the recently-installed SimBlender (what a gem!)

Can't live without a teleporter. My simmies never have to invite people over and then wait for them to arrive!

Jayce wrote:
... well, afternoon soap-opera, at least!

Bring it oooon. I'm quite hooked!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Oh, Jayce...
Where arrrre you?

Hope you are okay, mate.
Miss you around here lately.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 0019

Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:44 pm

I know I'm late in discovering this little gem of a thread, Jayce, dear, you have done an IMMENSE job with your sims and the lovely community that they live in. I hope you're still playing with them and hopefully they've given you some adorable babies. I did happen to snatc up a couple of mod links you'd posted, so thanks for those.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 262201 ThanksforSharing Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 648375 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 646549 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 846508 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 692371
Back to top Go down
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Jean, your visit here is so timely, I was actually getting a collage of photos together to post tonight when I discovered you'd visited! That's just spooky-ooky... laughin

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 881668 Thanks for your lovely comments!

I spend so much time with my sims, I flickered on the edges of a total meltdown when my computer crashed recently and I couldn't get it fixed "immediately." Is it unreasonable to wish your tech-nerd would "hurry the hell up" from his honeymoon in Bali? laughin

Quote :
I hope you're still playing with them and hopefully they've given you some adorable babies.

I've returned to my game with an increased "intensity", I guess you could call it. I lost a couple of weeks play in the time between my last back-up and last session. No big deal, you say. Just go back to that point in time and do everything the same, or at least similar. I agree that is more than theoretically possible. But...

thinkin\'

..... what if I go back and play some scenarios differently?

Once again, I've postponed weddings and denied my simmies the joys of child-birth to explore the various dimensions of Sim-relationships. Some of their courtships are ridiculously long, I know, but I find as time goes on, some of these long-term relationships deepen into a level of contentment and understanding, they don't seem too bothered. Particularly as I've been focused on the singles in Pacific Beach.

Like Simon Ridgeway:

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Success

Successful lawyer...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Simonbmw

... with a very casual relationship with another lawyer, Karen...

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 SimonandKaren

... and recently capturing the very-much-expressed interest of Natalie.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Simonandnatalie

Simon has been a victim of my recent clutter and pose-box experiments. For some reason, I can't help indulging him!

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Simonbed

I spent waaay too much time on his room!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Simonbedroom

While sometimes Simon seems kind of smug...
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Simonshaving

....there's a side of him I'm just discovering.
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Simonthoughtful

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Simonshave

While I love playing my surfers and musicians, I really relish the white-collar professionals. The game unleashed a brethren of legal and business aspirants when I first created Pacific Beach, so I just ran with it and incorporated that into my storylines.

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 SimonandConnoroffice

I haven't been neglecting my surfer-dudes, though!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 AidenandJack

Swim-suit model Jessica has shamed those boys in Pacific Beach out of the water!
Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Jessicasurf

Hope you enjoyed the visit! laughin

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Wonderful work - may your computer behave and persist! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 12612

I'm wondering where these story lines (surfers vs business types) will lead. Will they merge? Will they get along? Will the surfers steal the businessmen's girlfriends? Or vice versa? I'll stay tuned!

I do hope that you'll offer some of your sims for the rest of us to enjoy.

BTW, the guy shaking hands looks a lot like David Tennant - the tenth doctor. Can't really tell from the profile, but the hair might be the same compare

Natalie looks snacky! wow! Hope you'll show us Karen's face.

On the joys of childbirth, etc. ... I'm currently having my sims embarking on reproduction. It does take a lot of time, both in the sims' lives and in your real time on the keyboard! Babies' constant demands plus a lot of teaching and interaction with toddlers. Children can at least do a lot for themselves, but can't be left home alone. Makes one look forward to teenagers! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 97206

Cats are sort of fun, I haven't tried dogs yet. Teaching a pet to "play dead" is a total hoot! laughin
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Heya! Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 817176

Tech nerd? Thats one of your simmies right?

As the word has become popular because of either Ulla or Sugah, your hood has several 'snacky' sims I've taken good notice of *swoons* droolin

Aww, well may the odds be in your favor and make your computer behave long enough for you to be able to give us some more fun scenarios :3 I hope to give you guys a photoshoot soon of some of my sims that'll be in my story, but until then...I shall enjoy yours sir Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 508493

I don't mind your variety in giving your sims different jobs and exploring different options. It's nice to see something different than the usual LTW's and whatnot. Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 262201

I recognize the shaving posebox - I've pretty much been through the posebox list about 10x over picking out new ones that'll work for this or that or the other Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 940149

Nahhhh! I think you did a wonderful job on Simon's room. I need to give mine more detail. I tend to be really lazy about them No

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 330104 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 122582 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 3547075637 Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 846508
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach   Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jayce's Hood: Pacific Beach
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next