Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Beware the landings!

Go down 
+4
AvisSims
Twoyys4me
Sugah
mac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Beware the landings! Empty
PostSubject: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:08 pm

You need to beware of stairs with landings like in the picture below...
Beware the landings! Snapshot_3c28703a_dd31625a

If one sim is heading up and one is heading down, and they meet on the landing, they will be stalemated and will keep trying to get past each other without success. All you can do is exit without saving and reloading the previous save Beware the landings! 971462 (You do save, don't you?)

This example is from "Mile End" on MTS2 (but I've had it happen on other lots). "Mile End" is by devagirl2 - but don't get me wrong! My 'hoods are full of "7 Dove Rd" and "Headland" - both absolutely brilliant creations of hers. (I grew up in a house with just such a stairway).

So if you're a creator, think twice before putting something like this in your house. If you're playing a house like this, either go into the build mode and change the stairway or else be very very careful of where your sims and their guests are and where they are going. I think that having a party in a house with stairs like this would just be asking for trouble.

(BTW, that's Robert Downey, Jr. having a solitary narf. It does look like he might just be hooking up with She Ra! wow! )
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Quote :
You need to beware of stairs with landings like in the picture below...

If one sim is heading up and one is heading down, and they meet on the landing, they will be stalemated and will keep trying to get past each other without success...

If you're playing a house like this, either go into the build mode and change the stairway...

This is excellent information, Mac.
I was certainly not aware of the trouble with landings (as in the picture you provided).
Thank you for the heads up, my good man.

ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Twoyys4me

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Yes I remember this happening to me too! It's such a shame because I love using the stairs this way- I get around it now by adding an extra tile to extend the 'landing'.
Another thing to note if you are building this yourself is to build a room first, then add the staircases. You can't put the foundation step next to a wall so build one tile from the wall and once complete you can then delete and move your walls to suit. At least that's what I've found. Also you need to add decor to your foundation step (if you want it) before you add rails/half walls.

I admit that I do tend to keep these types of staircases for my single sims but I've had them in college homes too with no problems.
Back to top Go down
AvisSims

AvisSims

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello! For my first post, I'm going to be contentious and contradict you, mac. ;) But only kind of. I just wanted to point out that as we were discussing on MTS2, these kinds of landings don't have to be disastrous. I've never had a problem with them myself (I tested it with 9 people in the house, and was able to get 4 Sims walking up and down the stairs at once without any problems), but I am pretty sure that it can be solved by turning on moveobjects and picking up one of the Sims. No need to exit without saving.

I like this style of stair for my tiny houses, and I hope this solution works. If anyone does run into this kind of standoff and wouldn't mind testing it, I'd love to know if moveobjects on is indeed a solution.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Avis, welcome & thank you for your contribution to this thread.
Good to know! Beware the landings! 687310
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 11:52 pm

If your Sims can Teleport, there isn't a problem.
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:26 am

There's no issue if your sims can teleport or if you pause the game and move the sim out of the way of the other. If your sim needs to be reset because of this, you can simply either delete the sim, who returns when you reload the lot or you can click on the mailbox and reset. Ever had a sim get stuck in bed? When I first started playing, my first married couple got stuck and of course I thought they were dead! lol Well, my daughter in law asked me if the grim reaper showed up and I said, there's a grim reaper!!??? What kind of game is this?? lol I had to tell her no. She said she had no clue what the issue was. So, being a complete idiot at this point with my new toy, I killed my entire neighborhood!!!! Deleted the entire thing and all my hard work. All I had to do was delete them in buy mode and they would have been by the mailbox! UGG! lol

bluwhew!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplysimfulcreations.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Just had a "cornfield meet" with the burglar, the cop, and my sim couple - not even on a landing. Took your advice and used Sim Manipulator to teleport the couple out of the impasse! Beware the landings! 367799
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:30 pm

While I do realize it can't be done in all houses... But it does seem to limit traffic jams if You double the width of the stairs (two stairs side by side).
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Mac that is awesome! Works like a charm doesn't it??? lol How did the fight turn out??? Beware the landings! 28795
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Simply Simful wrote:
Mac that is awesome! Works like a charm doesn't it??? lol How did the fight turn out??? Beware the landings! 28795

Cop won this time. Not always. There is a hack which will allow a resident sim to fight the burglar fightinpirate (but you can't have a burglar alarm on the lot). Let me know if you're interested in this hack.
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 8:35 pm

I have that hack Mac. lol I have over 200 hacks and they are working in harmony. Lets hope it stays that way. lol Glad the cop won! I have a pose box that allows the cops to arrest the villian!!! lol
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:21 am

Aaroneous wrote:
While I do realize it can't be done in all houses... But it does seem to limit traffic jams if You double the width of the stairs (two stairs side by side).

This is what I was going to suggest. When I want to build a staircase like the one pictured, I make it a double, then there is no issue with anyone getting stuck and no need for a hack/mod if you are not into them.

Mac, I am glad you found a solution that works for you!

Nice to see you here, Simply Simful! Beware the landings! 837249
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 am

Thank you so much!!!

Beware the landings! 130744
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware the landings!   Beware the landings! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beware the landings!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Sugah's Community Square :: Tutorials & Helpful Hints-