Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

So you think your game's corrupted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

So you think your game's corrupted  Empty
PostSubject: So you think your game's corrupted    So you think your game's corrupted  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:12 pm

This is not new information, Toni has posted it on her 'hood thread, but it's such good advice that I thought a summary here would be useful since this is the place where people who are having problems might look. So you think your game's corrupted  898330 

First of all, the symptoms - which led me to think there was something seriously wrong with my game: affraid 

My sims were no longer behaving themselves. I'd set them a task and it would just disappear from the activities lineup (upper left corner) and the sim would just stand there.
I like to queue up actions. E.g. Use toilet/take a shower/sleep in pajamas. If the whole sequence didn't disappear, often the first action did.
Starting cooking, then not completing the action, no matter how many times I ordered the sim to resume cooking.
Starting to make a 'phone call, then hanging up before even getting started. Very maddening when you're trying to get the repairman to fix your computer!
The sim would quit most actions (studying Mechanical from the bookcase, for example) and just stand there, or in a flash, turn around with a different image.

Now the advice (and believe me, when you need tech advice, Toni's the one to go to) So you think your game's corrupted  940149 

1) Don't reinstall - there's some good advice here (Miros in woodensimolean.com)

2) I didn't think this would fix it, but it did! You will need this in addition if you don't have it already. It's needed by the No Sim Loaded hack. You just install these two DBPF packages into your downloads folder (I actually have a subfolder named "Hacks", where I put my...  Doh!)

These hacks (and they are hacks) may not solve every problem but they're worth a try. They certainly worked for me! bluwhew! And, Toni...  So you think your game's corrupted  558785
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: So you think your game's corrupted    So you think your game's corrupted  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Good stuff Mac!  

I don't want to jinx things, so I'll whisper ***lowers voice***  I've been playing the same hood for nearly four years.  Mind you, I'm a slow player...in that time, I've covered about 25 years in my simmies' lives...and my hood has grown to nearly 700 characters.  I'm convinced following Miros' tips, and using NoSimLoaded (with the Smater EP check) and Pescado's Bat Box has made a huuuuuge difference!

So pleased to hear you've resolved some of your buggies Mac! So you think your game's corrupted  12612 dancintrio
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: So you think your game's corrupted    So you think your game's corrupted  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:54 pm

My 'hood has over 1000 sims (not all playable). The playable number of sims is probably around 350 or so. (I had 150 households in May). I was afraid I was starting to push the limits of sims and households - and was seriously thinking about cutting back.

Now I know from your post, Toni, at least for the moment, that I don't have to. I do limit the number of different kinds of houses - use a lot of duplication of my favorites - since (I think) this helps loading time. And I'm maxing out my "Retirement Homes" at 8 sims per house. Not very playable, but saves on households. My retired sims are mainly those maxed in their careers etc. Sometimes I just get tired of playing them. I do keep singles active forever, though, hoping eventually to match 'em up! blinkinhearts 

I'll be putting back a hack or so that I installed just before the troubles began. Now I don't think they were the problem. Probably adding another sim, too (Miss Scarlet from Cluedo) So you think your game's corrupted  97206 wow!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So you think your game's corrupted    So you think your game's corrupted  EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Good advice, mac! Glad you posted this. It sounds like you had the ol' Debug Super Duper Hug Bug which is almost impossible to fix except with the No Sims Loaded fix, which I put in my game a long time ago (because I had to! I have almost fifty gigs of custom content in my game and I'm not about to go searching through all of that to find some buggy stuff! LOL!)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So you think your game's corrupted    So you think your game's corrupted  Empty

Back to top Go down

So you think your game's corrupted
Page 1 of 1