Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow! thanks for the great links! I really like the True Lady Gamer, she's funny and has a great attitude! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 598258 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 pm

I feel I must take exception to the video... Graphics do matter! We could have the same game play with (copyright permitting, but not likely) Disney characters. The game play would not be affected one bit, but it would feel wrong. Computer games are about creating illusions, and appearances do matter!

Graphics do matter! Consider the popularity of the Sims 2 sims created on this site and others. I have yet to see sims in the MTS Sims 3 downloads that compare with the Sims 2 sims by the creators in this site.  Also, consider all of the wonderful clothing created on the many Sims 2 sites including this one.

In Sims 3 CAS, the first thing to overcome is the pudding faces, and even with expertly created sims in Sims 3, the townies will not have changed. It does appear, however, that EA has taken these criticisms to heart. Certainly the sims in the demo footage look a lot better.

All of the goal-oriented collecting in Sims 3 also put me off. Maybe it wasn't essential to the game and could be safely ignored.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:49 am

Just went up on the Sims 4 thread on Wikipedia. It seems now that Sims 4 will be delayed until the autumn of 2014. It also said that while Sims 3 was developed by The Sims Studio, Sims 4 is being developed by The Sims Studio and Maxis (Maxis is back in the game!) This makes me more hopeful! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 12612

Meanwhile, back to Sims 2 and Sugah's! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 366915
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:48 pm

SimEm wrote:

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 Y4s92f10

Hey, I just wanna make it clear that I highly respect anyone that is still playing SIMS 2...my hat is off to you! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 578473 

BUT-- My main and first reason for putting it aside, however, stems from the fact that Origin/EA Games no longer supports the game...and they probably will cut support on Sims 3 in about 2 years, so for myself---and I realize that I can only speak for myself-----why not be practical and cut the apron strings to what is old and obsolete NOW and embrace the new?

Just a thought!SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 921735 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm hoping that Sims 4 is a winner. As far as support for Sims 2 goes, I haven't either used it or needed it in years.  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 898330  There's a lot of 3rd party help that goes way beyond what EA/Maxis ever offered. Toni on this site has been a wonderful source, as has Russ. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 940149 

Still, I will undoubtedly spring for some version of Sims 4 (looks like a year from now - unless they postpone again - better to get it right the first time!). There are 2 special editions: Limited Edition and Digital Deluxe. Do you have any idea of what the bonuses "Life of the Party" or "Up All Night"  involve? SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 553217
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:50 pm

When I shared that picture I wasn't intending to make an anti-TS4 statement. I just take some pride in the fact that I'm still playing TS2, still getting enjoyment out of it and finding new ways to play with it, even now that the peak of TS3 is passing and they're coming out with TS4. I feel like I got my money's worth out of it. laughin 

I don't worry about the game not being supported. I've never needed game support from the company before, so I doubt I will at this point. If it becomes obsolete with newer computer systems or something like that and it becomes no longer playable, well, then it's had a good run. But it's not giving me any problems with being old and obsolete now and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, so I see no need to chuck it now in anticipation of problems that may or may not arise. If that day comes maybe then I'll switch to something newer.

I need to check out those videos you posted recently sometime. I haven't had a chance to yet. I find TS4 interesting, but I haven't seen enough that's new yet that has me yearning to switch. I like the adjustments that can be made for sims appearances and the varying body types a lot, but I have yet to see anything like the major changes that had be excited to upgrade from TS1 to TS2 and anxious for when TS2 first came out. I may look into it more someday, but for now, based on where I am in my life right now, I don't think I need or want to invest the money and especially the time into a new game. I feel like I should be focusing on other things right now and in the near future. Maybe if things change later on I might take an interest in looking in to it.

If any of you do get TS4 after it comes out. I would LOVE to hear about what it's like and what your impressions are on it. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 940149 
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Em wrote:
I just take some pride in the fact that I'm still playing TS2, still getting enjoyment out of it and finding new ways to play with it, even now that the peak of TS3 is passing and they're coming out with TS4. I feel like I got my money's worth out of it.
SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 637989

Well said, Emily! We totally got our money's worth with Sims 2 and most of us are still discovering new things and finding fun, new ways to play the game.

Sir Mac wrote:
Meanwhile, back to Sims 2 and Sugah's!
 Yaaaay, Mac!!! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 357604 

I'm probably going to sit back, observe and listen to what the Sims community says about TS4, once it's released for quite awhile.
I didn't get on the band wagon with TS2 straight away. I hung on with the original Sims for a couple of years, I believe, before I invested in the newer version. And I haven't looked back since! girlwinkin 

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Just to let everyone interested know, I've updated my "what's going on in your hood" thread yesterday  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 97206 
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 pm

I just happen to bump into this interview, It's certainly has somethings mentioned I hadn't heard about. Though it is unfortunate that the Moodlets will make a comeback from TS3 and don't get me started on the Comfort and environment motives not returning(yet again).

http://www.simified.com/2013/09/22/sims-4-simifieds-qa-simgurugrant/

Last edited by Aaroneous on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks, Aaroneous, for the heads-up.

I felt badly burned by Sims 3 No  and am hopeful, but wary, regarding Sims 4. It is a good sign at least that they got Will Wright involved again. When Sims 3 came out, I rushed to get it, all enthusiasm, installed it, tried it, then uninstalled it. I'll be adopting a wait and see attitude about Sims 4.  thinkin\' At the very least, it does seem that the sims people no longer look like cabbage patch kids.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:25 pm

That's about how I feel right now. Sadly Will Wright won't be apart of this, He left Maxis and started the group "Stupid Fun Club" after Spore didn't sell well.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Aaroneous wrote:
I just happen to bump into this interview, It's certainly has somethings mentioned I hadn't heard about. Though it is unfortunate that the Moodlets will make a comeback from TS3 and don't get me started on the Comfort and environment motives not returning(yet again).

I saw a clip of how moods/emotions will affect the sims and how much constant work was required to maintain or change a mood. Ugh. I mostly ignore my sims' wants as it is, unless they coincide with what I want to do. The only thing I ever do with aspiration points is buy smart milk and rejuvenation dispensers, and I seem to have plenty of points for those. The control freak in me wants to tell my simmies what to do, not have them tell me what to do!

I don't do a lot of fancy building, and I don't design sims for upload, so I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to spend the money on TS4. I still have lots to do in TS2; even more now that I've read some of the threads about what others are doing in their games.

My SIL does a lot of building, and a bit of sim creating, so I'm sure she'll try it out and tell me all about it.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Cher wrote:
I mostly ignore my sims' wants as it is, unless they coincide with what I want to do ... The control freak in me wants to tell my simmies what to do, not have them tell me what to do!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 683951 

Too funny, Cher! I love hearing little tidbits about how differently or alike we all play the game.

Quote :
I still have lots to do in TS2; even more now that I've read some of the threads about what others are doing in their games.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 147390 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 4322 

I feel the same, Lady C!
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Of course I will probably buy S4 since I am a Sim-Freak  laughin  But! From everything I am seeing it is more like S3 than 2. The photo's of the Sims just don't do it for me :( Call me picky I guess  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Cher wrote:

I mostly ignore my sims' wants as it is, unless they coincide with what I want to do ... The control freak in me wants to tell my simmies what to do, not have them tell me what to do!
Sugah wrote:
Too funny, Cher! I love hearing little tidbits about how differently or alike we all play the game.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 97206  Isn't it interesting how we all play this same game each in our own unique ways?  It's funny, because I am the exact opposite in my game play.  I do want to have my sims tell me what to do and what they want.  I want them to make their decisions and I get a little annoyed when they don't want anything interesting and won't make their opinions known.  I like the randomness.

I usually don't play attention to the aspiration points at all.  I used to use smart milk all of the time (and that was about it), but I haven't even bothered with that in a long, long time.

Cher wrote:
I still have lots to do in TS2;

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 637989 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 357604 Me too!

Sandy wrote:
The photo's of the Sims just don't do it for me :( Call me picky I guess  Rolling Eyes

I don't think you're the only one around here that feels that way. If that's picky, you're in good company.   laughin
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:33 am

SandySimmer wrote:
The photo's of the Sims just  don't do it for me

The ones in Sims 3 looked like cabbage patch kids... That was enough for me!  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 46579 
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Personally I think TS4's graphics looks fine so far. But since most of images we have seen for it so far are renders and not actual in game pictures, The sims could look completely different. The deciding factor for me will probably be what the game play and the genetic system is like.

On interesting note it certainly looks like TS4 will be a prequel again(at least with neighborhood that ships with the game). A new render was posted online today with adult versions of Mortimer and Bella Goth and a new trailer coming next Wednesday with them in it. You can find the image here.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Yep!! I will reserve final judgement until I actually play the game  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 262201 
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:44 am

Hello all. Just thought I'd drop in here. I see you're already talking about Sims 4. We've been talking about it between the IRC chat I'm in #sims2chat fyi, on tumblr and just in general. A few (feminist) simmers got pissed off about the whole 'bro' trait thing and one simmer constantly ranted about it making up silly things that should happen with it. I could understand their concern about it because both women and men play this. You can't put that sort of term in a game and think it's going to be alright. No. You have to be thoughtful of how people would want traits to be categorized and if you're not sure, do a GENDER NEUTRAL trait that won't offend ANYONE! Or...leave it out. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 553217 Have common sense and courtesy why don't you?

I never played Sims 3; I've just heard people gripe about it (yet they're still playing it) and I can understand their concern because they said there wasn't much exposure about it before the game came out and when it came, and believe it or not when it was released was when I started getting into Sims 2  laughin 

Sims 4 does look good, and they claim they're trying to make it to where people won't have to go out and buy completely new systems to run it, but Hmm...I dunno. If you have the interactions that they've shown that's been created for this game I would think that would require quite a task specific computer to run it. It looks a lot better than Sims 3, that's for certain. Sims 3 was quite ugly to a point, even though I follow quite a number of sims 3 players and some of them have some very hawt simmies they've made *clears throat* Anyways...um, the day the Bella & Moritimer video came out, next thing I know, one of well known sims 2 cc creators - Skell - went and made the dress they showed her in, even going so far as to making a formal gown in that same design! XD And one of my other friends created the house that they showed at the end of one of the videos.

Yeah I'm like most of you and I announced on Tumblr the moment I heard they were making another sims game is that I won't buy it until I see the reviews and one other simmer said they'd be happy to test it out and report back to me  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 99672 That was very nice of them although I think they're gone now. Oh well, I'll see it one way or another.

I'm also waiting for the price to go down and I WON'T be getting digital. I attempted getting digital once, but the thing is is that you can't download it to your computer like you do regular files so you'll always have it in case something goes wrong and that's annoying to me, I'm sorry. I'm not wasting money re-buying a game if it doesn't work when you first try it or if you lose the file somewhere.  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 885966 

Ok...I'm done discussing/ranting about it :) Just thought I'd give my 5 cents on the matter. Later skaters SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 989890 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:51 am

Well said BFU! Must agree with you also. I won't buy digital either.  I love you 
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm still waiting on the spec lists for TS4...yes it has a lot of cool ideas/features...And yes they claim it will run on low end machines...but they've lied about things before! lol SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 99672 
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Yeah I know, Tim, and also I'm wondering if they'll really bring it out for Mac because Mac's really aren't meant for gaming. That's probably why they didn't bother doing any of sims 3, but sims 3 was done so horribly it probably would've completely destroyed them and Macs are heckova expensive!

I just wish people would calm the heck down and not want to see EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the game. Let them surprise us a little bit my gosh!  Rolling Eyes Everyone's gripin about swimming pools, the age stages, being able to make a family in CAS and all sorts of stupid things. I'm sorry, but what game shows you EVERYTHING about it? I haven't seen any. you get a sneak peek and that's that! I understand the worry after the disaster that's sims 3 came about, but hopefully this time around we'll get a better product. I'm impressed so far, and I'm going to probably wait til about 3 months after it comes out before I buy a copy of it.

One of my friends in IRC chat was wondering if the Gallery was going to be like TSR and I  Rolling Eyes and said "Why the heck would it be like TSR?!" And of course then they talked about the store - which I can't remember any discussion about that? I don't know - there's been SO MUCH talked about over the last few days, I've not been able to retain a lot of it. Information overload! Halp!  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 259558 

I dunno...I dunno...I myself would just prefer to let the chips fall where they may and just pray for the best.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:46 am

Forgive me, while I deviate from the topic of Sims 4 (which I have, in all honesty thus far, no more interest in than I did Sims 3).
Hell, I've barely gotten to discover all of the wonderful, fun, interesting facets of Sims 2 yet after all these years!  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 97206 

Some of you (now, which thread WAS it ... hmmm ... Em's game antics, I believe ...  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 584675 ) were curious about my (recently decided upon) method of keeping track of my new Tres Lagos 'hood and all the Sims that will be inhabiting it.
The aforementioned color coding (via my fun new Paper Mate InkJoy ballpoints) to designate an image I want to share, objects that need recoloring, general progress & accomplishments of my Sims (and so on and so on) takes place on separate note paper as I play.
Confused yet?  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 85797 

This is my whimsical new .25 cent tin box that contains index cards (spread out for your perusal) which holds important information on each resident of the 'hood: their addresses, pets, families, aspirations, careers & hobbies, etc., etc.
I am bound and determined to keep track of every pixel person who graces my Sims neighborhoods in my newly established game (including their pixel pets).  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 940149 

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 Sims2TinIndexBox-TresLagosCards_zps84325641

Sing this beloved old Sesame Street song with me, folks.
Come on! YOU know it!

Oh, who are the people in your neighborhood?
In your neighborhood?
In your neighborhood?
Say, who are the people in your neighborhood?
The people that you meet each day ...

Well, they're the people that you meet
When you're walking down the street
They're the people that you meet each daaaaaay !!!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:54 am

Sugah

Love the tin box  sunny 

If I had a card for each of my sims, I don't think they make a box big enough and I couldn't lift it anyway!  verklempt
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Wow...great penmanship! And a cool tin box for your records! I really need to get back into my game one of these days.

I've been playing the Sims Medieval the last few days and I got to say...*yuck*

It's aggravating to navigate...A lot of the animations look like they pulled them from Sims 2 and reused them. The Sims walking in dresses and robes looks totally stewpud...and don't get me started on a pregnant Sim walk...The quests are ok...but can be frustrating when you are trying to do your daily quests for your Sim's job. The CAS was okay...but I felt no matter what I did, all the Sims I tried creating for various positions all seemed to end up looking a lot alike, without even trying. So I got to say, I don't care for it and I can't see me continuing playing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next