Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Have you guys heard about Origin giving away free copies of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free as a digital download, because they are no longer supporting the game? Basically it includes all of the EPs and SPs for the game. You can find more information here. The link at the top gives an access code and instructions. I downloaded Origin and entered the code and it now shows up where I can download it, so I can confirm that much of it works. I haven't downloaded yet because I'm backing up first. If you're missing some EPs or SPs this sounds like a good way to get them or I also heard that some people are using it as a back-up in case something happens to their discs. I don't know exactly how it's going to be once it's downloaded and installed, but it sounds like something that might be worth checking out, so I though I'd share in case anyone else was interested.  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 940149 
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes, I actually read about this today at Sim Fans UK, Em, but I am glad you posted about the offer here.
It's good to know that by registering and entering a code, a link IS provided as to where the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection can be downloaded.

Em wrote:
...it sounds like something that might be worth checking out, so I though I'd share in case anyone else was interested.  

Absolutely worth checking out!!! Thank you for sharing this with us!!!  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 687310
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 9:53 pm

I am may have to look into that. Since I do not have any of the stuff packs it would certainly be something worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 am

I read though, that once you receive it on your Origin it automatically downloads it and thus destroys your current game?
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:17 am

I don't have any of the SPs either and I had no intention of ever buying them. I had been wanting to get AL though since it's the only EP I don't have, but I hadn't found a good deal on it and mostly I want it for the ceilings.  laughin  So it sounds like a good deal, as long as it doesn't, as Sandy said destroy my game.

I don't think it started downloading automatically for me. I think I had to choose download manually before it started. If it does start automatically, you can always pause it. And it doesn't download immediately. I started downloading yesterday evening, paused during the night, and restarted it this morning and it's still only at 35%.

I don't know exactly what you mean exactly by "destroying your current game." Always back up. I moved my entire "The Sims" folder to my desktop and copied it to my external drive before I did anything. I'm hoping there's not anything important that I might lose from my Programs folder that I should have copied. I know I had some blank templates and I had disabled the videos that play at start up. I am a little nervous, but worst case scenario is that it doesn't work right or I don't like the new configuration and I have to reinstall and use my backups, right?
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:30 pm

The wife downloaded it all last night and installed it. She said it didn't remove her old game, or ask her to remove it and it added it's own folder to the ea games folder...I haven't tried to d/l it yet, I'm still trying to decide if I want it...I went ahead and claimed it...lol can't pass up free I guess...Just wish they were all separate so I wouldn't have to install certain eps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:24 pm

The info I read was obviously not correct :) Good to know. I love you 
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:02 pm

Oh, maybe your info wasn't incorrect, Sandy. I found this page. about installing the Ultimate Collection. Apparently it can mess up your original installation of the game if you don't uninstall it before downloading the new version. Maybe it's a good thing mine still hasn't finished downloading yet.  affraid 

I agree, it would be nice if they were separate or if it gave you some way to pick and choose which EPs you want or don't want.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 12:13 am

Thanks for the link. I got the UC in my Origins account but did not/will not download it. I'm going to save it for "someday"  laughin 

I have all EP's and SP's, and things are working great  I love you 
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 am

Sounds like a good plan!  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 940149  If I had all the SPs and EPs already I wouldn't bother downloading it either.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 5:07 pm

I Just downloaded the entire thing last night. It's about twelve gig and took about 4 hours to download. So far everything is acting as it should and all the mods I have installed seem to be compatible with it. I Will say though that I definitely need to install the mod that prevents sims from covering their eyes, That's going to get old fast.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Wow!! That's a big file and time consuming! Glad to hear that it is working good for you :) Did you already have a version on your pc or no?
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 pm

I had the cd versions of them already, But uninstalled them when I installed the Ultimate Collection.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Well we ran into a problem with it...the wife didn't uninstall first...then she went back and tried uninstalling...now it doesn't recognize that Seasons and another pack are not installed...so probably going to have to uninstall everything and redo it...we had hoped it would just install what wasn't installed over the original...nope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 am

I think I'll pass... I have all the EP (and none of the SP) but I think I can live w/o the SP.

BTW, today is moving day, the truck from MA arrives in about 2 hours!  affraid 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:59 am

Good luck with the move Mac!!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:35 pm

I have all of the SPs and EPs. I may register the link as a backup, but I don't see any reason to download and install.

Mac, if you do decide you want the SPs, you might check half.com. I've bought a lot of Sims 1 and Sims 2 SPs and EPs that way; I don't think I've ever paid more than $5 for anything.

Have fun moving!
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 11:12 pm

A word of warning if one uses SimPe with the Ultimate Collection that SimPe can not properly detect the expansion and stuff packs. The base game is detected properly though. I am looking into fixing that if possible.

Edit to add: I found a fix for it. For those interested here is the file http://www.mediafire.com/download/to38hu5oc82rbqg/ExpansionsXREG_UpdatedForUC.zip . To update SimPe's file go to it's install folder then to the Data folder, In the Data folder there should be a file called expansions.xreg. I would first back up the original file then place my edited file in the same directory. After that SimPe should detect that the expansions are installed.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm

For those that don't know the Sims 4 CAS demo was released this week. Out of curiosity I downloaded it and played with it. I have to say in regards to actually editing the body with CAS does a good job, But on the other hand editing the face was a bit too simplified. Also I really didn't see the point of the point and dragging system to alter the sim, In most cases it's just a prettied up version of sliders.

For those curious about the demo can read about it here http://simsvip.com/2014/08/12/the-sims-4-create-a-sim-demo-now-available/ .
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 pm

I've been playing with the demo, just for fun. I won't be buying TS4. It's kind of fun, but it's not easy to figure out how to use. Like when trying to make facial adjustments, I know what I want to change, but it's hard to tell where to click and how to drag and it's difficult to find what options are possible. I agree that it seems a bit simplified, but I did find there was more there than I initially thought because I wasn't clicking in the right spot. It seems like it could be better. It does seem pretty easy to make a decent looking sim without too much tweaking though.

One cool feature I did find was expanded aspirations. There are some new ones and subsets of the pre-existing ones. Like for romance you can choose between a having a sim who wants to have lots of lovers or one who wants a soul mater or for family you can chose between having a sim who wants a legacy and one who wants to have a large family.

I made a couple of my Arrendale Heights families, the Arrendale and the Stuarts. The demo only lets you make adults, so I had to make parents and children in my families the same age group.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 Arrend10

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 Stuart10
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks for the info Aaron!

Em, they look great! I tried the demo also-fail!! lol, I glitched the aspiration or the demo wouldn't allow it to
stick" not sure what happened. Why did you decide not to get it? I think I will be ok with the game if I look at it as completely different than my fav Sims2. The sims in 4 just look so cartoony to me, dunno! I'm sure I'll give it a try though at some point, not pre-ordering though  laughin 
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Quote :
Why did you decide not to get it?

Mostly because I don't have a lot of time to devote to playing anymore and even if I did, I still have a lot I'd like to do with TS2 still. Plus, so far, I haven't really heard anything about TS4 that's caught my attention enough to make me want to switch, except for the variation in body shapes, but that alone isn't enough for me. I've mostly been hearing about features that were left out, more than about anything new that's been added. Basically, I'm just content with TS2.  I love you 

That's odd that the aspirations didn't stick. I think I had some physical changes to my sims that didn't stick, but then again maybe I just didn't save properly.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 7:10 pm

I hear you about the time crunch and sticking with a favorite! I love Sims2 and not ready at all to "move on" as I see some people write, makes me cringe  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 598258 
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 8:14 am

Your sims look great, Em!

I, too, was curious and downloaded the Sims 4 CAS demo.  I had a lot of fun building me.  I think I have to disagree, though, with everyone so far.  I enjoyed the new features, particularly the body shape adjusters.  Finally, you can have a wide variety of shapes.  I didn't have any problems with aspirations, traits, or features 'sticking'.  And as far as cartoony goes, it is still just a vanilla game.  Let's not forget how ridiculously cartoony sims 2 looks without cc.  I think for vanilla, it's looking nice and has a wide variety of faces to choose from.  I was pleased that when I changed the nose, it didn't ruin the whole face, as in TS2 - I can't remember how many times I'd simply change the nose and lose the balance of the face, then be stuck trying to readjust everything around it.  If I could complain about one thing, it would be that I didn't seem to be able to adjust the thinness of the lips, unless I was just missing it - I could pick a different mouth, but everytime I clicked on the lips to try to thin out the top, it just moved the mouth up and down, instead.  Other than that, I am very pleased with the creation process.  I don't know if I'll be interested in playing the game, though, due to the changes they've made.  I admit I am a control freak and really like to control every aspect of my sims' lives, but also like the random possibilities, as well.  I don't know if I'd have enough to do if I wasn't telling my sims when to eat, sleep, and bathe.  I'll have to see after it comes out how it plays.

Meet Ari Fae

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 AriFaeface_zpsb7dfb0bd

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 AriFae2_zps58a364c2
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 am

Wow!! she's beautiful Ari!! The demo IS fun!! I do agree with you about the vanilla aspect of it. I do admit to not being able to play the sims themselves "vanilla" at all anymore! haha And to think I did it for so long happily!  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 97206  I am a control freak too! Well only time will tell now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next