Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Windows 10

Go down 
+6
SandySimmer
Cher64
Funny Clever Sims
mac
Sugah
okiedokieihooked
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

Windows 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 4:25 pm

If anyone finds out anything definitive about Win 10 and TS, please share. I'd like to know too. I specifically bought my new desktop with Win 7 so it would play TS2 and I've been getting the messages about reserving a free upgrade too. (I really wish the option would show up on my laptop, that's junky and I don't use anymore, so I could test it out there first, but the option hasn't come up.) I've personally had no problems running TS2 with Windows 7 (both from disks and the Ultimate Collection) without any special tweaking at all. I was under the impression that it was possible to play with Windows 8, but it took A LOT of tweaking. Wasn't it more of a graphic card issue? I'm playing with the UC now, so I can have the NL expansion stuff, so if it works with that, I guess I would be good to go. I'm still a little too wary to even reserve a copy until I know more.

Oh, my virtual reality sims . . . I can't imagine. My thought was along Cher's sentiment, I'm afraid I might get too caught up to bother with real life at all.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:13 pm

I have heard mixed reviews as well about how well TS2 and Win 10 work together. Part of the problem is with each new version of Windows Microsoft drops more and more support for older apps and games. For instance 16 bit programs will not run with Windows Vista and newer OSs.

I can't say I will be doing anything with Windows 10 anytime soon, The mere mention of tiles scares me away. I dealt with them in Windows 8 and just plain disliked them.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Funny Clever Sims

PostSubject: Updates   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:52 pm

My husband downloaded the UC and opened it in WIndows 10 and the graphics were terrible, but I was convinced it may have been due to Intel Hd graphics, but I still can't wrap my head around the idea of a newer made hd graphic card not being able to run a 10 year old game, but I know I had issues with my own so it could have been the case, so after a couple days of annoying graphic issues I decided to bite the bullet and take the chance and use the graphic rule maker program and see if it would work, and I figured worst result is another 3 long days of waiting to redownload and install. Well, low and behold it worked and by just choosing the intel graphic option and it looks great and so far so good.

But, I still think holding off for Windows 10 is worth it for them to work out the bugs and that critical error issue, that seems to be an ongoing issue for some folks.
Back to top Go down
http://funnycleversims.tumblr.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:34 pm

lovey626 wrote:
graphic rule maker program

??? Windows 10 - Page 2 553217
Back to top Go down
Funny Clever Sims

PostSubject: added another link for graphics help    Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 pm

I sorry here is the link for the Graphics program I mentioned.

I also found this as I was searching about the issues, rather older, but still might help folks out

http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Last edited by lovey626 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://funnycleversims.tumblr.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:38 am

Lovey Windows 10 - Page 2 243713
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 10:53 am

yeah thanks Lovey! I found a fix to an issue I was having on my laptop there - The black shadow box thing! That was helpful info! I will save for later.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Actually, I think some of the newer graphics cards sometimes do have problems with Sims 2 because they're don't bother to support it any more. My graphics card worked perfectly until one of the updates. I couldn't finish loading Sims 2 and got some kind of graphics error message until I rolled back the driver. I've bookmarked your link, Lovey. Windows 10 - Page 2 243713
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:05 pm

To install Sims 2 on Win 8 you need to use Grumpy Loader found here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4051458#post4051458

For Win 10 have a read of http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/microsoft/windows/11782807/windows-10-privacy.html

Even though, I will install Win 10 on one of my computers to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 9:23 am

Windows 10 - Page 2 503793 I really need help! Any suggestions or even just tell me if i am in denial.

So in a diff thread I just happened to mention that I had win 10 somewhere in the background of my computer and I was concerned that maybe it would self install like it did to others - still i didnt do anything about it. my rl is so twisted and connected that one story just leads to another but Someone came to my place while I wasnt there messing around on my desktop and then i I ended up with win10 instead of win7 - I am not ready yet to put sims back on im still playing around with downloads on my lap top and trying things out 1st. anyway I have geeksquad protection offered by best buy and my subscription auto renews - which also happened around the same time at one point my computer said that neither kaspersky nor windows security were running and my computer became v e r y s l o w until finally wouldnt move at all and i called the geeks made my appt and took my baby to the hospital. the above things happened in a time frame of about 5-7 days. and in that order. when it froze completely, i had to unplug it to turn it off and i gave it to them on fri. now today i got an email at work saying it is my hard drive and i need a new hard drive or new computer - but even though it is win 7 it is only like 3 yrs old. should i take it somewhere else for a 2nd opinion? ro is this possibly just coincidence? it worked fine not 2 weeks ago. Im wondering if they are trying to make me spend money i do not have to spare right now - and just when the Harbour seasons re started! Windows 10 - Page 2 971462
well if anyone needs this info - one of the things geek squad told me when I dropped off is that the win 10 auto install is not the end of the world because it can be rolled back to your previous operating system if you do it within 30 days of the install. it takes a picture of what your system was and hides it somewhere on your computer and if you dont like new you can have old back - only people who know this stuff can find it. i guess people who work on computers. if you want it after july i believe - you will have to pay for it and of course all new computers come with it
Back to top Go down
redneckw2b

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 3:02 pm

I recently purchased a new laptop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed as the OS. I downloaded the Ultimate Collection of Sims 2 from Origin and it runs perfectly on this pc. It loads fast, the graphics are sharp and best of all, all the custom content I have amassed over the last 10 years work as well.

The PC is a Toshiba Satellite C55t-C
Processor: Intel Core i3-5020U
6 GB memory
64 bit OS Windows 10
930 GB hard drive

I hope this answers you questions about the compatibility of Sims 2 and Windows 10.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:20 am

Thank you for your input on this subject!
We appreciate it!

ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 7:27 am

Microsoft has killed off SecuROM on Win 10, as well as back dating it to win 7 & 8, so only the Digital Sims Ultimate will work. If you already have Sims 2 loaded and have a no CD exe you should be OK.

Link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 10   Windows 10 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 10
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next