Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Hosting of photos?

Go down 
+5
ilikefishfood
mac
Aaroneous
Cher64
Sugah
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Hosting of photos? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:37 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
We will get through this!!! Hosting of photos? - Page 2 12612 Hosting of photos? - Page 2 344738
Hosting of photos? - Page 2 898330
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:50 pm

Quote :

I'm not going to try to move my photos in my game threads, so those will just be gone.

That was my thought for my game threads too. Luckily a lot of my game thread pictures weren't on photobucket anyway, so those are okay for now.

I went through my few download gifts here and updated the pictures, so they're good. My biggest task was updating my blogs, but I got into a routine that made it go pretty smoothly. It was tedious, but I got it done.

Yes, we will get through this! We can do it! Hosting of photos? - Page 2 687310 Hosting of photos? - Page 2 940149
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 1:05 pm

What file-share service are you using on your blogs Em? My pictures are miraculously still displaying on my LJ.  I suspect it's because LJ uses the direct URL to the picture rather than the IMG imbed code, but I suppose it's only a matter of time.

I don't know if I'll ever update my game thread here.  I'll just use a different service going forward.  Most of it is my story which I reproduced on my LJ anyway.

I was thinking of paying for PB for a month while I sort everything out, but it's the principle for me.  I've not gone all out and closed my accounts in protest, like you did Em...but I don't think I want to give them even the smallest amount of money. Hosting of photos? - Page 2 971462
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm just going to do the last page of two threads: What's going on...\Mac's Hood[7] and Offspring\Mac's Families[8].

I've actually completed Mac's Hood[7]

I'll also redo a sequence I'm really proud of: Where Sugah encourages pregnant Crystal, then helps raise Parker - lots of warm fuzzies!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm using servimg which is a hosting service I've used through the forums. There doesn't seem to be a way to sign up for it on their site but you should be able to sign up for it through the forum by clicking on the icon that looks like a photo with a save disc that's at the top of any post or reply you make. I've been uploading most of my game play pics that way for awhile, because it was easier than logging into photobucket. (Some of my challenge threads and probably some of my posts were through pb though.)

My Arrendale Heights Archives blog I ended up moving off of blogger and to a regular website. I'd already had the pages made from before I moved it to blogger, so I was able to just upload everything in bulk and use ctrl+H in notepad to change the links.

I don't think my images ever stopped showing up either. I wonder if it's just random that some accounts haven't been converted yet or if they're giving a longer grace period to older services. Hopefully yours will still work for awhile so you don't have to give them any money. I didn't even want to log into my account and give them ad revenue, that's how much I didn't want to give them any money. laughin The best part about deleting my accounts was that they ask why you're deleting your account, so I wrote them a nice long reply both times. Muahaha
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm also using servimg. I just cancelled my account at Photobucket - and gave them quite a piece of my mind! Hosting of photos? - Page 2 885966 The real tragedy is that the pictures of all the creations by retired creators - Ari and Jen (and Ulli and Elle???) are all gone. Poor super creator Toni certainly has her work cut out for her! bluwhew!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 11:02 pm

I used the servimg this, and it worked! dancintrio Thanks guys! It is a lot quicker than uploading to a third party share site.

I do believe LJ has something similar. Hopefully, my story photos will keep displaying for a while so I can sort out all my DLs here first. Many thanks for the heads up! Hosting of photos? - Page 2 367799
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 am

I finally got around to replacing the pictures on my other gifts. I used servimg and yes, it is so much easier than 3rd party hosting!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 6:45 pm

I'm not sure when I started using Servimg to host photos here, maybe one time when I was having an issue with photobucket, but I too found it easier for sharing photos on the forum rather than having to log into photobucket also.

Now that I had to move, I found that you can also use it separately to host photos elsewhere. There doesn't seem to be a way to sign-up outside of the forum, but if you search for their site you can log in directly to see the photos that you've uploaded, get the links, or upload more.

I think LJ does have a way to upload your photos there. It's been such a long time since I've used it that I don't remember what it's like now.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 3:58 pm

Whew, boy!  verklempt

I am just now learning this!
I logged into Photobucket and all of my images seem to still be there, but of course, they are no longer showing up here.
Jeez, folks. I don't think I have it in me to replace every single one of my creations' images.
I can't imagine how long that would take or if I'd EVER be up to the task...
Not to mention my game thread pics.  No
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 pm

Yeah, I'm not bothering with my game thread pictures. It makes me tired just thinking of it!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 pm

I hear ya, Cher!
I KNOW I'm going to inevitably replace my download images, which, in itself, is an overwhelming undertaking.
I will definitely have to do it as time and energy and motivation allows... Baby steps!
But just the thought of finding my images in this puter, uploading all to a photo storage site and then go through each download thread and replace the photo URL and fix the download link???
Oy vey! I need a nap just thinking of it!!!
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Hang in there Sugah! I posted a bit about my updating experience in the Java Hut. Hopefully reading about my experience will help you feel less overwhelmed Hosting of photos? - Page 2 12612
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Hey guys...is it just me or are photobucket pictures showing up again?  

I know someone found a solution where forums could apply a fix and the pictures would display.  I'm wondering if 'forumotion' has automatically applied it to all it's sites.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 pm

I just looked at a few pages on my game thread, and the pictures have reappeared. Hosting of photos? - Page 2 74257
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Toni, Forumotion applied a fix to all their hosted sites last year. In the settings there is a option to decide whether or not photobucket images will appear on the forum. By default it had them disable, But I am starting to wonder if they changed that recently.

Also with some images starting to appear again makes me also wonder if Photobucket had a change of heart. Since they had quite a bit of backlash last year from them forcing people to pay for their service.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 pm

I switched photo host to servimg.com. I've been dismayed to see all photobucket's - ugly - notices on my posts again! Just go away!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 7:10 am

Cher64 wrote:
I just looked at a few pages on my game thread, and the pictures have reappeared.

Oh...that's great news!   dancintrio

Aaroneous wrote:
Toni, Forumotion applied a fix to all their hosted sites last year. In the settings there is a option to decide whether or not photobucket images will appear on the forum. By default it had them disable, But I am starting to wonder if they changed that recently.

That's what I was thinking.

Aaroneous wrote:
Also with some images starting to appear again makes me also wonder if Photobucket had a change of heart. Since they had quite a bit of backlash last year from them forcing people to pay for their service.

I hope so!  I imagine they had a mass exodus of users.
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2018 9:00 am

sooooo... Do you have to use a 3rd party site for your photos?
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2018 12:56 am

In an email from Photobucket:

We've taken your feedback and are now offering lower priced plans!

For a limited time all of your 3rd Party Hosted Images have been restored. Please login to choose the plan that best fits your needs in order to continue hosting your images.

$2.49 a month ($26.99/year) for 2Gb of storage

$6.49 a month ($69.99/year) for 20Gb of storage
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2018 7:20 am

No thanks. Hosting of photos? - Page 2 971462
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2018 1:26 pm

mac wrote:
No thanks. Hosting of photos? - Page 2 971462

laughin Hosting of photos? - Page 2 637989 Hosting of photos? - Page 2 357604
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Hosting of photos? - Page 2 971462
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2018 11:12 pm

Hosting of photos? - Page 2 971462
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hosting of photos?   Hosting of photos? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hosting of photos?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2