Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Sims Medieval

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Sims Medieval Empty
PostSubject: Sims Medieval   Sims Medieval EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 2:57 pm

Anyone had any experience with Sims Medieval? It seems to use the Sims 3 engine and be more RPG oriented.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Sims Medieval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sims Medieval   Sims Medieval EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Sorry. Not I. I think Ari might have tried it out.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

Sims Medieval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sims Medieval   Sims Medieval EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 8:14 pm

I have done some of it...I'm not a big fan of it. If the interface was more Sims 2 or even Sims 3 it might be better...but you have to do things at a distance, very little zooming in and sometimes the camera angles are really weird and sometimes the quests are not well defined I guess would be the word...You almost need a 2nd computer so you can look up the quests to see what you need to do for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Sims Medieval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sims Medieval   Sims Medieval EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 am

I have it, but have only invested about 20 hours in it.  Sucks, since I bought it full price.  At first I loved it for its differences, and a lot of things were really fun, like the pit monster and collecting leeches for the medical profession.  But after only a mere 17 hours I had 'solved' my kingdom and there was nothing to do but take one of my favorite sims and start a new one.  You unlock more kingdoms with specific problems as you go - each time you solve the problem of a kingdom, a couple more options unlock so you can start new kingdoms and solve new problems.  Ok, I was down for that, until I got my new monarch in the new kingdom and every person was the same as the last kingdom.  Including the woman I was supposed to marry.  Same name, same look, same clothes - my guy just came from a kingdom where his queen is the exact same person as he's supposed to marry now??  And every kingdom I play will have that exact woman?

They tried to blend sims play into RPG play - I love both genres, but there wasn't enough of either to satisfy me.  Having kids was disappointing because you can only control your monarch, so your wife and kids (I think you're only allowed 2) wander around all over the place so there's no sense of a family unit.  Most of the time I couldn't even find them.  Hunting was cool, but sims disappeared into a rabbit hole and you didn't really get to participate.  I loved that the game added a fatal flaw for every hero because that made each sim feel well rounded.  The houses and castle are pre-built, which I liked at first, but you can't do much to modify it, and playing in the castle is like playing sims in a doll house - you get a full one-angle view of the house and can't just play in each room as you can in the other games.  I think your only choices were to zoom in to get a close up view of your sim, or zoom out so you saw the whole house at the same time, with all the rooms missing the wall facing you, like a doll house.  Overall, it just didn't do it for me.  It now collects dust, but I'm thankful that modders have taken so many clothes, furniture, and items from it so I can use them in my Sims 2 game.  So, there's that. Sims Medieval 85797

Oh - also I took a bunch of pics when I played and posted them in my thread - but it's buried in the archive somewhere.

Oh hey, I found them - along with all of my thoughts as I went through it:  https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/t3131p250-old-archived-dead-threads-graveyard-3 Just scroll about 2/3 way down the page.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Sims Medieval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sims Medieval   Sims Medieval EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 10:31 am

Thanks for the heads-up. I got a game guide, which at least makes interesting reading, and the game (used) for a song.

It appears to be a clone of Sims 3, with all sorts of preset story lines. (That's also a problem with Sims 3.) I'll take open-ended Sims 2 anyday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sims Medieval Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sims Medieval   Sims Medieval Empty

Back to top Go down

Sims Medieval
Page 1 of 1