Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects

Go down 
+16
Nonni
SandySimmer
twerplina
ilikefishfood
Caleb_71
clc
WittyKitty
Astral Faery
soloaris
AdriannaSimmie
debra
Hunter
Ullwera
autumnelle
Sugah
Meilyn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:11 pm

Thanks, everyone. I have been enjoying it so far. Ulli, I have far too many unfinished challenges on my computer too, but once in awhile one idea takes a hold of me and I just can't seem to wait until my others are finished. If I remember, I usually end up going back to the challenges I left behind sooner or later.

I checked my game to see how each of my groups were fairing. At the end of one simyear (12 simdays) I had 6 aliens, 11 vampires, 11 werewolves, 11 plant sims, 9 zombies, and 4 servos. When I started to check the founders' ages I realized I forgot a rule about plantsims which I added above. Sometime soon I'll try to sort my pictures and share some more.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 pm

Em wrote:
Chase is interested in everything I'm doing lately.  "What are you writing?" "What are you doing on the computer?"  I told him one day I was looking for carnival downloads for The Sims, so then of course he wanted to play too.

Awww! I love it! Such a bright, curious boy!
I was thrilled when Baylee became interested in Sims 2.
How is he these days, Em? Your little man doing well, I hope?

Quote :
I had 20 girls and 21 boys born in the second generation.
I wish I had taken family pictures, but I did make a family tree to try to keep them all straight.

That family tree was a cool idea. I've never seen Family Echo before.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 21650 

Have I asked you whose hair Colin's is? Cute style.

All that Jay & Ray stuff...
My eyes were crossing after awhile.
Those fellas have got an enormous schnoz on them, doesn't they?  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 598258 
Let's hope they don't pass it down to the next generation.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 266736 

Quote :
One of the downsides of not having regular toilets is that sick and pregnant sims throw up where ever they happen to be, even if it's on their romantic partner's feet.

Ewww!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 46579 

Quote :
I was inspired by this challenge I saw on tumblr.  The premise sounds interesting, but the specifics didn't really suit me, so I made my own guidelines.

Cool! I'm diggin' the hood you have to use with it.
Em, have you ever thought about offering one of your challenges here, even if it's a renovated/revamped one?
Elle has a special area in The Challenge Arena:

Remakes & Retakes
Some old favorites unchanged or redone for your simming pleasure

It's just a thought. You could work with Elle to share your version of the World Domination Challenge at SP.
No pressure, of course!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 584675 

I, for one, LOVE the idea of doing a challenge with supernatural creatures.
I only play with NL, BV, FT, AL (some SPs) and in this new puter, I've installed Pets.
So, does this mean I am limited to vampires, werewolves and aliens?

Quote :
I like the idea of stealing members from other groups...

In a challenge of world domination, if it were genetically (or scientifically) possible, I would think there would be stealing of and/or mating with other species.
If they were stolen, would they be used as slaves though as a hated enemy?
If one was inadvertently changed, would they seek to find a cure to get their own species back?
If they mated, would it be for love or purposes of improving (rather than diluting) the new race with the strength/positive qualities gained from each species?
What would most benefit the new world order?
Just some stuff to think about as you decide which direction to take with it, m'lady.
(I've watched too many sci-fi movies in my day obviously.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 598258 )

Quote :
At the end of one simyear (12 simdays) I had 6 aliens, 11 vampires, 11 werewolves, 11 plant sims, 9 zombies, and 4 servos.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 534790 

Can't wait to see some more snapshots! This is a fascinating challenge.
I've no doubt you're having fun with it so far.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 262201 

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 461171  ThankUforSharing

PS I finally had a chance to catch up last month with your Black Heart Challenge HERE.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 940149
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Quote :
How is he these days, Em? Your little man doing well, I hope?

He's doing better now, but he's had a rough couple of months at school with a lot of behavior problems in class, but he's doing better lately and has had a much better attitude. His teacher sends home a chart with either a smiley face or a frowney face for the day. So far this month he's gotten all smileys and one frowney. I'm hoping he can keep up the better behavior and good attitude.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 266736 

Quote :
Have I asked you whose hair Colin's is? Cute style.

No, I don't think so. I'll try to look it up sometime.

Quote :
Em, have you ever thought about offering one of your challenges here, even if it's a renovated/revamped one?
Elle has a special area in The Challenge Arena:

I might do that sometime, if I can get the kinks worked out.

Quote :
I only play with NL, BV, FT, AL (some SPs) and in this new puter, I've installed Pets.
So, does this mean I am limited to vampires, werewolves and aliens?

I think you could do Servos since you have FT and witches came with AL, didn't they? I don't have AL and don't know anything about sim witches, so I couldn't comment on how they might work. I would imagine you would need Uni to make zombies even when using mods to make a sim a zombie.

Quote :
If they were stolen, would they be used as slaves though as a hated enemy?

I didn't mean literally steal, but turn a sim from one creature to another so that they count towards another side. It gets kind of tricky though since you can't turn a sim into an alien or a servo, so they can't convert others to their kind and even if they get turned into something else they still will be an alien or a servo. I have to think about it.

Quote :
If one was inadvertently changed, would they seek to find a cure to get their own species back?
If they mated, would it be for love or purposes of improving (rather than diluting) the new race with the strength/positive qualities gained from each species?
What would most benefit the new world order?

Good questions! I've had some mating occuring, mostly within species, but I did have two of my founders fall in love, so I let them get married and have babies together. I think for all types, except aliens and plantsim babies that are spawned from a single plantsim, their offspring are regular sims, until they get bitten or savaged or whatever.

Thanks for reminding me about your comments to my Black Heart challenge. I'm sure I saw them at the time but forgot to come back and comment.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 am

Quote :
...he's had a rough couple of months at school with a lot of behavior problems in class, but he's doing better lately and has had a much better attitude.

I am glad to hear it, Em.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 12612 

Quote :
I might do that sometime, if I can get the kinks worked out.

That'd be great!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 21650 

Quote :
I think you could do Servos since you have FT and witches came with AL, didn't they?

I think Servos came with OFB, but don't quote me on that.
I've never seen one in game.
And yes, witches came with AL.
I need to find that mod that gets rid of witches' aura when I start playing again.
It's annoying and distracting to me.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 85797 

Quote :
Good questions!

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 881668

Quote :
I think for all types, except aliens and plantsim babies that are spawned from a single plantsim, their offspring are regular sims, until they get bitten or savaged or whatever.

Interesting! How is your challenge going of late, Em?

ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Sugah wrote:
[quoteI need to find that mod that gets rid of witches' aura when I start playing again.
It's annoying and distracting to me.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 85797 

Luckily, I recently found it myself! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=299567
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Sugah wrote:
I need to find that mod that gets rid of witches' aura when I start playing again.
It's annoying and distracting to me.

I don't actually mind it, it adds to the  Muahaha atmosphere...

But then, I'm  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 85797
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Thank you, Cher! I went to the link and that's it! Yaaay!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 687310 
Elle found it for me about a year ago but I never had a change to download it before my puter died.
I even commented @ MTS2 on how much I appreciated Black_Spirit's mod last March.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 243713 

Mac wrote:

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 357604  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 774807 

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptySun May 04, 2014 10:01 pm

mac wrote:
Sugah wrote:
It's annoying and distracting to me.

I don't actually mind it, it adds to the  Muahaha atmosphere...

I used to not mind it, but when I took the picture of my sim sticking a pool cue through his arm, I noticed his housemate being all glowy and distracting in the background. I thought I'd play for a while without it and see how I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:30 am

Cher wrote:
...but when I took the picture of my sim sticking a pool cue through his arm...

OUCH!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Sugah wrote:
I think Servos came with OFB, but don't quote me on that.
I've never seen one in game.

You might be right about that. I'm not sure.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 62525  I guess I was thinking FT since you build them from the electronics/ robotics (I think) crafting bench, but only after your sim has a gold talent badge. I haven't seen any running around in my game either, but I tend to delete the premade neighborhoods after exploring them briefly, so there may be one in the hood that came with whatever expansion they were introduced in. Otherwise they have to be built.

Sugah wrote:
Interesting! How is your challenge going of late, Em?

I haven't played much at all lately. I thought about working on a story update the other night, but barely got past loading up my game. I'll get back to it sooner or later, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Not much has been going on in my game lately, well, until this week. I really wanted to get my stories updated before Chase got out of school and summer semester started. I actually got the pictures taken, but then I couldn't find the notebook (or rather the place in the notebook) where I had written the text, so I didn't get an update in. But at least I got some pictures taken.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 49210

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh10

I thought I'd shared pics of the decorating I did on Andrew and Shayna's bedroom (in the pic above), but I guess I posted that on tumblr instead.

This week my game has been taken over by my son. Apparently he either saw me browsing here or on tumblr or just noticed the icon on my desktop and decided he wanted to play the sims. I set up my second (mostly hack free, ACR free) game folder for him and started up the game for him. He had been looking over my shoulder one time when I scrolled past a pic of Sugah's "otherworldly sims" and as the game was loading asked if I could make those sims for him. Since the game was already loading it was too late for me to download them for right then, but I told him I knew how to make vampires and werewolves and zombies in the game. So he's been making lots of pets and I've turned some sims into supernatural creatures for him. I forgot I had the zombie apocalypse mod installed in that game, so I ha to go back and remove it once his zombie started attacking her roommates and turning his werewolf and plantsim into zombies.

One day he decided to play on his own while I was at work, despite my suggestion that he wait until I got back so that I could help him. Awhile later (fortunately my class was on a break, getting settled between activities) he calls me and I ask him what's going on, then there's a long pause and he says, "Um, I kind of have an emergency . . . my guy is all green and stinky, but I can't get him to go in the bath and the cat is starving . . ." Later, after I was home, maybe it was the next day he told me he was stuck on the sims and that's what he wants to go to when he goes on the computer and that it's the best game.  laughin  He's planning on giving my parents computer lessons next week, I think primarily because he wants someone to help him play the sims when I'm not home to help him.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 99672 

I visited my supernatural character challenge hood last night. I have a lot of households now as I've been moving the new recruits into the primary households and then moving them into their own places as the households get too crowded. I decided I'm only doing the original households as part of the challenge and only making them recruit new individuals. I'm only playing the other households for fun, but I'm still going to play them and try to keep them caught up with the main households. I've been focusing on playing more than taking pictures this time, so I don't have a lot to share. Most of the pictures I took are really similar, someone getting bitten/savaged/attacked or pictures documenting the budding romances between sims. I can introduce you to some of the characters though.

Here's my neighborhood at the start. The houses in order are alien, vampire, werewolf, plantsim zombie, a blank community lot, and my servo lot (around the corner). I since added some prebuilt community lots for my vamps and I now have households that have branched off, filled up the empty lots on the side street and the other side of the street across from the original houses.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh11

My alien is Ursula Starseeker. (In hindsight it probably would have made more sense to have a male alien, so I wouldn't have to cheat so much for pregnancies) She has a career in politics, either as an ambassador from her own world or maybe she's trying to rule over the Earth from within the political system.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh12

She spends a lot of her time pregnant as she's trying to bring more of her own kind to this world.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh13

Her first pregnancy results in boy/girl twins, Quark and Nebula.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh14

Everything was going according to plan at first, but what she didn't expect to find on her mission to this planet was love . . .

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh15

My vampire founder is Contessa Bloodrose.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh16

I discovered a new interaction with her. I think it's called "smooth talk" and it's available to romance sims by using their aspiration points. It reminds me of this downloaded object I had for TS1. It was a flower vase that you could put on a lot. Autonomously sims would give another sim a flower, sometimes resulting in the sims falling in love, other times the receiving sim would toss the flowers on the floor and stomp on them. It was a really fun object.  laughin  Anyway, Contessa can be seen around town after dark seducing innocent bystanders.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh17

Her first victim is Aiden Chan.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh18

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh19

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh20

He moves in with her and becomes her main man.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh21

Though, of course, there are others. They need to keep spreading the vampirism through the land. Vampires through awesome parties to lure in unsuspecting sims.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh22

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh23

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh24

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh25

Some sims are able to resist the vampires charms at least for a little while.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh26

Contessa and Aiden have a baby together. I don't think I took a picture of him when he was born (or at least I'm not finding it) but it's a baby boy named Vladimir.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Snapsh27

(I'll share more about the others later as this is getting long.)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Em wrote:
This week my game has been taken over by my son...
I scrolled past a pic of Sugah's "otherworldly sims" and as the game was loading asked if I could make those sims for him ...
he's been making lots of pets and I've turned some sims into supernatural creatures for him ...
I ask him what's going on, then there's a long pause and he says, "Um, I kind of have an emergency . . . my guy is all green and stinky, but I can't get him to go in the bath and the cat is starving ..."
...the next day he told me he was stuck on the sims and that's what he wants to go to when he goes on the computer and that it's the best game.  laughin  He's planning on giving my parents computer lessons next week, I think primarily because he wants someone to help him play the sims when I'm not home to help him.  

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 683951 

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 598258 That kid kills me!!!  He is really something, Em!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 598258 

Quote :
Her first pregnancy results in boy/girl twins, Quark and Nebula.

Love those names (Quark and Nebula). I like the wallpaper you chose for that room, too.
I am lovin' that little plant Sim. I have never seen a wee one before.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 21650

Quote :
I think it's called "smooth talk" and it's available to romance sims by using their aspiration points.

Yes, I noticed that as one of the talents Romance Sims can earn if they get enough aspiration points.
I haven't had one get that far yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it in action!
(I just now started playing a couple of Romance Sims this time around.)
Contessa Bloodrose is a beautiful blood sucker. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Vampirebatsmiley_zps1145f74e

I enjoyed catching up with your Supernatural Character challenge, Em.
Fun stuff!

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
Nonni

Nonni

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:04 pm

What fun! You have a Simmer in the making, too. How sweet, wish I could get my grandchildren interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Em wrote:
I wish I had taken family pictures, but I did make a family tree to try to keep them all straight.

That's cool. I've never done it that way, but after a couple of generations I do end up keeping a sheet of paper with the particulars of each household on it for reference. I play my lots in rotation, so I also use it to keep track of where I am in the rotation.

Quote :
(She may or may not have just been in that bed that Ray is now making up while his brother is flirting with her.)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 99672 

Quote :
Raya is the first to go and James takes it pretty hard.

Awww.  verklempt

You have some very interesting challenges going on. So far, I've only done an asylum challenge and that was tough enough!

Quote :
then there's a long pause and he says, "Um, I kind of have an emergency . . . my guy is all green and stinky, but I can't get him to go in the bath and the cat is starving . . ."

Oh yeah, I've been in similar situations a time or two.  laughin 

Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:29 am

Andrew and Shayna are such a cute couple!
Love your supernatural Sims, they look like fun!!  Muahaha 
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Quote :
Love those names (Quark and Nebula)

Those tend to be my go to names for aliens for some reason.

Quote :
I am lovin' that little plant Sim. I have never seen a wee one before.

I'll have some more pictures of little ones running around when I get to my plantsim household.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 940149 

Quote :
Yes, I noticed that as one of the talents Romance Sims can earn if they get enough aspiration points.
I haven't had one get that far yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it in action!

I noticed the talent before too, but I guess I didn't know what it was or how it worked.

Quote :
What fun! You have a Simmer in the making, too. How sweet, wish I could get my grandchildren interested.

But now we have to compete for computer time.  laughin 

Quote :
That's cool. I've never done it that way, but after a couple of generations I do end up keeping a sheet of paper with the particulars of each household on it for reference. I play my lots in rotation, so I also use it to keep track of where I am in the rotation.

I've done that too. For one of my neighborhoods I took a lot of time going back after the fact and trying to sort out what sims ages should be in relationship to each other, making a sheet to keep track of how many days I played each household and then later details about each sim. I haven't played that neighborhood in a year or two, but I still have my papers around somewhere.

Thanks for all of the comments, everyone!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 687310 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:20 am

Cher wrote:
...but after a couple of generations I do end up keeping a sheet of paper with the particulars of each household on it for reference. I play my lots in rotation, so I also use it to keep track of where I am in the rotation.
Em wrote:
...making a sheet to keep track of how many days I played each household and then later details about each sim.

Great minds, ladies! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 687310 
I was tired of trying to recall details of Sims in my newest (Tres Lagos) hood.
I recently found a cute tin box in clearance for .25 cents.
I'm using it to hold index cards with all the important info & progress of my Sims.
I meant to take a snapshot of it last week, when I had all the index cards spread out by the tin!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 97206

Anyhoo, it's really coming in handy so far! I refer to the cards a LOT!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 85797
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:32 am

Sugah wrote:
I recently found a cute tin box in clearance for .25 cents.
I'm using it to hold index cards with all the important info & progress of my Sims.

Looking forward to the pic of the tin box... and its contents!

As many of you know, I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my sims. It's actually much easier than it sounds.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 364821 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 am

Spreadsheet is a great idea, too, Mac.
I keep a couple of notepads by my desk to record things as they're happening, including which pics I take of my Sims, their career advancements, what I need to recolor for their individual abodes, interesting game antics to share here, etc., etc.
This weekend, I bought some "InkJoy" pens in multiple colors on sale.
I'm going to designate certain colors when recording on my notepads for quick reference (for example, orange might be for snapshots taken. Pink might be for objects I need to recolor, etc.).
I'm hoping to stay really organized this time around.
I still have to go through a ton of old downloads that need sorting from my old puter's game, but that's a whole different (ongoing, never-ending, tedious & very boring) project!!!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 85797
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 7:24 pm

You all have no idea how much joy it brings me to hear about all this note-taking and office-supply-purchasing.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 99672 
I can't wait to see pictures of that expensive tin box, Sugah!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Awesome! You should definitely share pics of your cute tin box and color coded system, Sugah!

I downloaded a program one time, I think I found it through MATY, that was a spreadsheet type of program for the sims. If I'm recalling correctly, I think it could actually extract info from the game or from Simpe for you. I only checked it out once or twice. I don't even see it on my computer, so I might have it stored just on my external drive.

I just use random, not-so-organized notebooks. I made a word file once with sim data that I printed out for reference. Before I knew about playing in windowed mode I had trouble tabbing in and out of the game easily, so something offline that I could look at while play was better for me.

I probably kept the most info for my original hood Eden (and it's remake New Eden). I even had a website once with information and I made graphs to chart population and genetics information. That's still on my external drive, I'm sure. The website is gone, because the host shut down, but I still have a blog that I haven't updated in more than a year.

In my more current hoods the only thing I keep track of is family relations. In my two hood where I'm trying to start a civilization from scratch starting with 8 sims and I have to keep track of which sims aren't too closely related to pair up. In my supernatural creature challenge hood I started a notepad file to keep track of how many of each type of creature I have in the hood and how many days left in adult hood each founder has.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 5:58 am

SimEm wrote:
Before I knew about playing in windowed mode I had trouble tabbing in and out of the game easily, so something offline that I could look at while play was better for me.

I use WindowsKey-M, to minimize my Sims screen to check email, surf the web, peek at my spreadsheet, whatever... Then just click on the icon in the toolbar to restore the game. My usual operating procedure is to load up the Sims first thing in the morning (about half an hour), then minimize it to do other things (via Windows-M) and restore when I want to play.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Em, I shared an image of my whimsical tin box and current index cards (w/ info on my Tres Lago folk) HERE back on June 26, if you're interested.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 940149 

Em wrote:
I just use random, not-so-organized notebooks.

That was my previous method of trying to keep track of my Sims and all that was going on in their lives.
But when I needed to look up something, I had a helluva time finding the info with that way of record keeping.
So, I'm hoping the color coded notes and the index cards will allow me to reference Sim/'hood data more efficiently.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 266736 

How is your supernatural hood coming along? Do you enjoy the concept?
I really like that idea. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Alien
Once I establish and make more progress in my Tres Lagos hood, I'm going to have some fun with supernaturals, Em.
We've got some really cool ones available for download here now, just waiting to populate their own Strangetown. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 AlienAlphaosiris

Mac wrote:
I use WindowsKey-M, to minimize my Sims screen...

I use the (hold down) Alt-Shift-Tab method to minimize my game, Mac.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Mac wrote:
I use WindowsKey-M, to minimize my Sims screen to check email, surf the web, peek at my spreadsheet, whatever... Then just click on the icon in the toolbar to restore the game.

Does that work differently than pressing Tab or ALt-Shift-Tab to minimize the game? I could probably use either of those methods now and be alright, but on my previous computer I would be stuck with a blue screen forever when I tried to maximize the game again. I might try it sometime instead of playing in a window, because the window cuts off part of the top of my game. I don't notice it while playing, but when taking screenshots, plumbbobs, thought and speech bubbles, and open ceilings show up in my pictures that I was careful to have out of frame when I take pictures, so I end up having to edit them out later.

My laptop (even my current one) could not handle having the game loaded all day. A few weeks ago we had a few hot days and my laptop was getting hot and lagging just using the internet.  verklempt 

Oh, sorry, Sugah. I saw your box and index cards when you posted them, but haven't taken the time to post any replies since. I dropped a note in that thread today.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 584675 

I hope your new organization works out for you. Lack of organization kept me from updating Arrendale Heights before the summer semester started. I couldn't find where I'd written out the text when I had time to work on it. I have a multiple subject notebook that I tried to use different sections for different stories and purposes, but parts ended up overlapping as some sections were used up faster than others.

I do enjoy the concept of the supernatural hood. I decided that I'm only going to play the original household for each supernatural type as part of the challenge, but I'm still playing some of the other households of recruits that had moved out for fun and because I like to have equal aging. I don't know if I'll do all of them though. Zombies and servos who don't age and don't reproduce might get a bit tedious on their own. But my extra zombie households did have some major romance drama that was kind of entertaining. When I get some freetime, maybe this weekend if Chase is at his dad's I might post about my other supernatural households.

Sugah wrote:
We've got some really cool ones available for download here now, just waiting to populate their own Strangetown.

Yes, I know! Did I tell you that Chase saw your pics of some of them and wanted to play with them? I didn't realize that's what he wanted when he asked to play, so I didn't have the downloaded ones for him to choose from. Instead I made him sims of the default supernaturals in the game. Later we came back to the site and I asked him which ones he wanted to download. I think he ended up just wanting one since we already had a zombie and a werewolf and a vampire. It was one of yours a goldish, fairy type creature with wings and horns. I've been meaning to find that thread again and leave you a comment because the wings and the horns didn't show up with the download. I may be missing the meshes . . . or maybe the right EPs or SPs.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Em wrote:
I saw your box and index cards when you posted them ... I dropped a note in that thread today.

I saw your post and I thank you for responding, Em.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 584675 

Quote :
Does that work differently than pressing ALt-Shift-Tab to minimize the game?

I was wondering the same.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 12612 

Quote :
I hope your new organization works out for you.

You and me BOTH, sista.
Though I wish I had started sooner with the color coded notes.
Now I have a crapload of pages with all kinds of scribble on them and have lost track of the images I took a few weeks back when I was able to play.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 993625099
I'm such a goob! I need to sift back through a stack of notes the size of the pecos AND sort through my "Let us Play" pictures in My Documents.
This could take awhile...  Rolling Eyes 

Quote :
I couldn't find where I'd written out the text when I had time to work on it....

I feel your pain, my friend.  laughin 

Quote :
I do enjoy the concept of the supernatural hood. I decided that I'm only going to play the original household for each supernatural type as part of the challenge, but I'm still playing some of the other households of recruits that had moved out for fun ...

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 534790 

I'd love to see some of your zombie romance drama images and learn more about your other supernatural households when you have a chance to post the snapshots, Em.

Quote :
Did I tell you that Chase saw your pics of some of them and wanted to play with them? ...
It was one of yours a goldish, fairy type creature with wings and horns.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 692371 

Do you mean my Libellula of Atholla Odonata?

If so, thank you for letting me know about the wings and horns not showing up.
I will double check that and correct the issue, if necessary.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 940149 

ThankUforSharing

Added later @ 5:05pm:

Em, I am so glad you alerted me about Libellula's wings and horn meshes not being packaged up with the zip file.
I found them and added them below her downloads link.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 922586 

Thank you so much for the heads up on that!!!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 319331 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects
Page 14 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next