Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Miscellaneous Archived News

Go down 
+34
beckylynn2109
mac
ilikefishfood
Riverwillows
clc
soloaris
Christa
AdriannaSimmie
xLqdDrmsx
Nonni
Nancy01905
VaDixiegal
ChocklitKiss
Patrick
Pierre
Ullwera
wulfpaw248
Astral Faery
Hobbes
LabCat
MARTHA!
debra
SimEm
Fitzie
autumnelle
juicyjudith
CallyDreaming
andrewplay599
tinhouse
irisheyz
L.J
Caleb_71
Hunter
Sugah
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Grykon

Grykon

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks Toni! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 678648 I totally spaced reporting on this yesterday! (Yes, pun is intended) hehe
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Paegin Sims has closed.   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 pm

Dear members,

I just received a PM from BeckyLynn letting me know Paegin Sims has shut down.
BeckyLynn has been a creator @ PS for awhile now.
Upon discussing the future of Paegin Sims with Deb (RiverWillows, the admin there), BL has learned the forum will not be reopening.

It is always sad to see Sims sites close down, isn't it?
Here's hoping BeckyLynn will continue to be an important part of our little forum.

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 765640
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Oh no...I hate that...especially since I didn't know about it...are they offering their items up to be hosted by other sites? I've been trying to get back into the creative side of the game again, still waiting to hear if any texturers would like to work on a project with me...also working on some Victorian tile patterns...Took me like 8 hours to get this one tile done...I was almost ready to say forget it.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 pm

So sad about Paegin. That's why I appreciate this little home we've got here so much. There're still a looooot of folks playing TS2.

Sugah, sounds to me like you need to have a little chit chat with our Tim about offering his creations around these parts. I'm jus' sayin!' Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 226245
Back to top Go down
beckylynn2109

beckylynn2109

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Sorry about the site guys. Other than myself and RiverWillows there was only 2 other artists at the site. I am looking into getting my stuff back up online for people to download. Thinking of actually getting my own place up and running but not 100% sure about that yet or at least find a home for my creations. I know Vanessa will be the first to go back up because she is most loved! For those that haven't seen Vanessa she is my avatar pic. River passed on admin to another staff artist on the site and not sure what happened after that everything just kinda slowed down. River doesn't create anymore. And as far as the other 2 artists I have only seen a few things posted. As soon as I figure out what to do with my stuff all of my friends here at Sugah's will be the first to know.

Last edited by beckylynn2109 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
https://beckylynnsims.freeforums.net/
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks Beckylynn, I hate to see people leaving our community. So pleased that you're thinking of reposting your work. All you really need is a livejournal or dreamwidth account or something like that. Please do keep us posted....and Happy New Year to you and the family!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:10 pm

beckylynn2109 wrote:
I know Vanessa will be the first to go back up because she is most loved! For those that haven't seen Vanessa she is my avatar pic.

Vanessa is one of my favorite sims in my 'hood! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 508493 She's engaged to and living with Harry Potter. She's a knowledge sim in an I.T. career. (Geeky guys and gorgeous women!) wow! I also have Penny and Sofia! Looking forward to more of your creations - keep in touch! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 12612
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:26 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
So sad about Paegin. That's why I appreciate this little home we've got here so much. There're still a looooot of folks playing TS2.

Sugah, sounds to me like you need to have a little chit chat with our Tim about offering his creations around these parts. I'm jus' sayin!' Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 226245

hehe Well that was the plan, as I posted in my game thread...hehe Just waiting to see if any texturers want to work with me on it...lol
Back to top Go down
beckylynn2109

beckylynn2109

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 pm

ok um it seems that it was just a server problem and we are back up but the site it a zombie so if you wanted anything from the other artists go ahead and jump on over to the site and get it. I think I am gonna start up my own site by next week or so.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 pm

beckylynn2109 wrote:
ok um it seems that it was just a server problem and we are back up but the site it a zombie so if you wanted anything from the other artists go ahead and jump on over to the site and get it. I think I am gonna start up my own site by next week or so.

Maybe you should consider making a home here Becky!!! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 344738
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Toni wrote:
Sugah, sounds to me like you need to have a little chit chat with our Tim about offering his creations around these parts. I'm jus' sayin!'
Tim wrote:
hehe Well that was the plan, as I posted in my game thread...hehe Just waiting to see if any texturers want to work with me on it...lol

Great minds!
I have been PMing with Tim, as I was very impressed with his interior AND exterior Victorian walls.
I'd love for him to offer them here and he has already agreed to do so. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 262201

BeckyLynn wrote:
I think I am gonna start up my own site by next week or so.

It's very challenging to start up new Sims 2 forums at this time, but if you DO decide to do so, BL, I wish you all the best with it. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 55638

Tim wrote:
Maybe you should consider making a home here Becky!!!

That notion is definitely worth discussing, provided BL is interested, of course. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 12612

If we have enough loyal members wanting to offer their creations on a part time basis (rather than join our full time Mod Squad),
I just might start up a new section for them to showcase their offerings, apart from our "Gifts from Treasured Friends".
In fact, it might be worth revamping that whole section (?).
Would need to put some thought into it, of course, but for example:
Tim, BeckyLynn and say, Em, would like to offer their creations on a semi-regular basis.
We could have a special section just for them (and any other creator who is willing to commit to more than just a once in a blue moon donation to Sugah's Place.
The Gifts from Treasured Friends could stay "as is" and would be there for those who offer just from time to time.

I'm just thinkin' out loud here.
What say you, folks?

Last edited by Sugah on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm

Sugah wrote:

Tim wrote:
Maybe you should consider making a home here Becky!!!

That notion is definitely worth discussing, provided BL is interested, of course. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 12612

If we have enough loyal members wanting to offer their creations on a part time basis (rather than join our full time Mod Squad),
I just might start up a new section for them to showcase their offerings, apart from our "Gifts from Treasured Friends".
In fact, it might be worth revamping that whole section (?).
Would need to put some thought into it, of course, but for example:
Tim, BeckyLynn and say, Em, would like to offer their creations on a semi-regular basis.
We could have a special section just for them (and any other creator who is willing to commit to more than just a once in a blue moon donation to Sugah's Place.
The Gifts from Treasured Friends could stay "as is" and would be there for those who offer just from time to time.

I'm just thinkin' out loud here.
What say you, folks?

Well I don't need a special area for myself...I'm a feast and famine kind of creator...sometimes I flood a bunch of stuff and sometimes the cobwebs grow abundantly around me...lol So it might not make a lot of sense in my case. But I can see where it would be a good thing for other creators who work on things at least with regular intervals, might even serve as an incentive to stay creative for them...speaking of which, would you like to check out my Milkshape tutorial to see if you want to provide it on site Sugah?
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Tim wrote:
Well I don't need a special area for myself...I'm a feast and famine kind of creator...sometimes I flood a bunch of stuff and sometimes the cobwebs grow abundantly around me...

I understand completely.
If our Guest Creators (like yourself and perhaps, BeckyLynn & Emily) are willing to share your gift submissions in our Gifts from Treasured Friends section, then I have absolutely no problem with that.
Inevitably, I will be doing an index like I have in most of our other download sections.
But that is down the road a piece. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 226245
It WILL make it easier to browse through all the lovely creations that are available in the GfTF area, once done.

Sir Tim wrote:
Speaking of which, would you like to check out my Milkshape tutorial to see if you want to provide it on site Sugah?

We have a special area for tutorials HERE, if you are interested in sharing yours exclusively, Tim.
Where are you featuring it currently?
Back to top Go down
beckylynn2109

beckylynn2109

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Sugah I would definitely be interested in hosting my stuff here. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 12612 It would probably be easier this way instead of starting a site since my time will be limited after Gavin is born. I was looking around online at starting a small site and it looked a little confusing lol. I am most active in the community here at Sugah's anyway. So if the option is open I am definitely interested!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:51 pm

BL wrote:
Sugah I would definitely be interested in hosting my stuff here ... So if the option is open I am definitely interested!

How wonderful, BeckyLynn! Let's start the dialog going on this through PMs. We can work out the details together.
I need a bit of time before I am officially online again, but I should be returning full time to the forum less than a week from today. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 266736

BL wrote:
I am most active in the community here at Sugah's anyway.

Yaaaay! I love hearing that! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 817176

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:19 pm

beckylynn2109 wrote:
Sugah I would definitely be interested in hosting my stuff here... So if the option is open I am definitely interested!

I know that really only one vote counts (Sugah's). But if you put it to a vote, I'd vote Yea Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 12612 and Yay! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 366915
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 pm

beckylynn2109 wrote:
Sugah I would definitely be interested in hosting my stuff here. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 12612 It would probably be easier this way instead of starting a site since my time will be limited after Gavin is born. I was looking around online at starting a small site and it looked a little confusing lol. I am most active in the community here at Sugah's anyway. So if the option is open I am definitely interested!

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 147390

Sugah wrote:

We have a special area for tutorials HERE, if you are interested in sharing yours exclusively, Tim.
Where are you featuring it currently?

Actually at this time, there is only 1 place I think it is still available...but they are not a sims 2 place some of their creators just wanted a simple Milkshape tutorial...Needful things went into hibernation(not sure if or when they are coming back), I haven't seen it on the InSim forum for a long time...I'll send you a copy, you can look it over and if you want it here and you don't mind it being at the other place, I would be happy to post it up.

Sugah wrote:

Inevitably, I will be doing an index like I have in most of our other download sections.
But that is down the road a piece.
It WILL make it easier to browse through all the lovely creations that are available in the GfTF area, once done.

One of the things I went through this past week was searching for some Sims clothes and something I noticed was, so many places are now forums and almost none of the ones I went to have a way to look at say "adult-male-athletic", you have to look through everything so an index would (to me) be just the most awesome win! lol

Okay, I was just going through my tutorial and I am going to have to update it...it still uses the old wavefront obj way of importing meshes, and they also since writing it, changed how the x,y,z works in SimPE. Can't be giving out bad info...something else on my to do list. lol
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm

I am just now seeing this and did not know EA's official Sims 2 site is closing, Toni.
Thank you for sharing this information with us.
I appreciate the heads up as I know our members here do.

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Toni. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 367799

But what a shame... Closing down a winner and continuing on with Sims3 - fill in your own description Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 971462
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Tim wrote:
Okay, I was just going through my tutorial and I am going to have to update it...it still uses the old wavefront obj way of importing meshes, and they also since writing it, changed how the x,y,z works in SimPE. Can't be giving out bad info...something else on my to do list. lol

I would be honored to host your tutorial exclusively here, Tim.
Looking forward to your updated version.
No rush! Whenever you can get to it will be fine! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 687310
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:36 am

@Grykon

Milkshape is the easy part, working out things like the UV Mapping, I won't say much about bone assignments, learning SimPE to add extra groups and a whole lot of other things, then the texturing from scratch which is what I do, as I like to not use other creator's work.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Some people would disagree with you Caleb...lol But I try to do what I am strongest in, which would be using Milkshape verses any of the other steps you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: TSR is now offering ALL premium downloads FREE!!!   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 1:01 pm

wow! 

This just in & copied from TSR's front page ...

The Sims Resource has evolved - Welcome to the NEW TSR!

We have gone through many changes in our 14 years of being the biggest Sims community website, and now we are going through one of our biggest and most challenging changes to date. For many years now, TSR has existed with a subscription model, allowing Sims players to pay for access to our premium content, created by our paid staff of Featured Artists who excel in Custom Content for The Sims games.

All premium downloads are now free

All 852,000+ creations are now entirely free with no downloading restrictions. You now have full, unlimited access to tens of thousands of premium Custom Content creations from our Featured Artists which were previously exclusive to subscribers.

A refreshing and efficient new site design

Advertising will be paying for the site in the future so we have redesigned the site to make better use of ad placements. We have also streamlined the design and backend process to make the site more efficient for the massive increase in traffic we are expecting as a result of changing to a "freemium" model.

No account or login required to download

You no longer need to share any details with the site to get access to our downloads. Just visit, browse and download with no login required (you will need to log in if you choose to post comments on creations, in guestbooks or on the forums).

VIP Member opportunity

Our Subscribers used to benefit from browsing the site without advertising, and having access to our powerful Download Basket feature giving a faster, cleaner and more efficient experience of gathering Custom Content for their game. Although all of the content is now free we appreciate that some people are happy to contribute to the cost of running this enormous resource in return for removing the ads which will pay for our existence. This opportunity is now available for the meager price of just $2.99 per month!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Added Note:

TSR's ToU is such that we are still not allowed to include their CC with our Sims or meshes with our recolors.

Since we, here at SP, have been trying very hard to honor creators' policies, this means we still will not be using TSR creations until their ToU becomes share-friendly. No 

Let's hope it'll be next on TSR's list of changes for the good of the community! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 266736
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Buggybooz hanging up her hat   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Buggybooz is so talented...I use her kitchens in nearly every house in my game.  I’m so saddened by this news, even more so by her reasons for leaving the community   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 729422 

Message at Buggybooz Retreat: "Adieu, the time has come to say goodbye"

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Archived News
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next