Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Miscellaneous Archived News

Go down 
+34
beckylynn2109
mac
ilikefishfood
Riverwillows
clc
soloaris
Christa
AdriannaSimmie
xLqdDrmsx
Nonni
Nancy01905
VaDixiegal
ChocklitKiss
Patrick
Pierre
Ullwera
wulfpaw248
Astral Faery
Hobbes
LabCat
MARTHA!
debra
SimEm
Fitzie
autumnelle
juicyjudith
CallyDreaming
andrewplay599
tinhouse
irisheyz
L.J
Caleb_71
Hunter
Sugah
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
wulfpaw248

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Whoa, just heard about this Sugah. You should check your comp for trojans or spyware, you may have picked something up that let your passwords out. Hey Hobbes! Good to see you again, how you been doin'? Sugah does anyone else have access to your admin account here?
Back to top Go down
CallyDreaming

CallyDreaming

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Ive just pm'ed you but i wanted to say again how sorry i am this happened sugah, im glad you had so much support from everyone!

And i wish nothing but bad things to the horrible, spiteful person who clearly needs to get a life!

Positive thoughts for you and your little site sugah! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm

I've recently sent an email to my good friend who is a computer expert.
He sent me a list of several different things to do to help protect my site and puter, which I fully intend on looking into SOON.

Hi, Sam! I run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Spybot Search and Destroy, in addition to AVG Anti-Virus.
No one else is an admin here, but me.

Thank you for the advice, Russ & Sam.

Cally, dear, I have received your thoughtful PM and will respond this weekend.
Thank you so much for all of your kind words and positive well wishes. I appreciate them and YOU so much.
You are a gem, my friend.
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
wulfpaw248

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Hmm, do you use a laptop, maybe in a wireless zone like a coffeeshop? I've heard there are specific settings that need to be done to keep your connection secure in such places.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 pm

I use a desktop and I, too, have heard about security issues in wireless zones (aka coffee shops).
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 pm

How frightening! I can only imagine how awful it must have been for you. I'm very happy that more damage wasn't done, and that you're up and running again. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 284699
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 pm

I think it's just sad that someone would do such a cruel and senseless thing. But I am so glad you were able to get back up and running so quickly Sugah. I definitely felt a void online for the short time your forum was gone.

Hey Sam, you wouldn't happen to know offhand where I could find that info about the settings for wireless networking, would you? I have wireless internet on my laptop at home now, so it would be good to double check that I'm doing everything right now.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:50 am

It´s good to have you back running again Sugah Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 366915

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 284699
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:38 am

Thank you, Ari, Em and Ulli, for taking the time to leave such warm, & caring comments.
I appreciate you all so much. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 70330

I, too, am happy and grateful Sugah's downtime was not too long. I was quite impressed with the Forumotion techs.
They came to my rescue almost immediately with instructions. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 922586
The fact that I only lost a week's worth of PMs & posts (plus some avvys that disappeared) was such a blessing.
It could have been so much worse. I shudder to think!

I can not tell you how much all of the private messages and emails have meant to me during this time.
I had no idea so many thoughtful, concerned Simmers would contact me! I am completely blown away by the outpouring of responses to the hijacking. blinkinhearts
We really do have some wonderful, caring folks in this community, don't we?

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 701517
Back to top Go down
L.J

L.J

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I've talked to you a few times during this week about all of this, but I felt I should say it again.

It's really sad and depressing to know that someone has nothing better in their life to be doing but going around hacking and messing with Sims 2 Websites. It's a game.
I mean, I know we all spend a lot of time talking about and playing it, but it's not a way of life. It's just a way of showing our creativity and enjoyment of playing with pixels. Someone really does need to get a life-check if this is all they bother doing.

But I was really happy and surprised at the short downtime you had Sugah, I know there have been sites that have taken ages to get back after these types of things, You had luck on your side. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 Herz

Hope this doesn't happen again! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 687310
Back to top Go down
http://www.simtopia.net
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I couldn't agree more with you, LJ, and I know others feel the same. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 637989

It IS just a game, for as much as we love playing it, creating for it, and talking about the Sims 2.
Such malice, esp. over a recreational activity, is incomprehensible to me.
It's supposed to be FUN!!!

I know that you have had issues in the past with hackers and spammers.
There is no doubt you know exactly how I felt this week, when I found my site had been hijacked. verklempt

Once again, I credit Sugah's Place brief downtime with the quick responses I received from Mr.Mario and Typlo over at Forumotion.
They are to be commended for helping me to get back up in very little time.
In addition, I am grateful Forumotion backs up our sites regularly, as I've said. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 922586

Thank you for your kind regards and also, for posting the news of SP's hijacking on your front page at Simtopia.
I appreciate you, good sir. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 319331
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:01 pm

You're right, Sugah. Whoever hacked this forum clearly has nothing better to do. People can be such morons sometimes. I'm glad you were able to get this forum up and running in such a short time though. It would be terrible if the hacker did more damage than he had already done.

wulfpaw248 wrote:
Whoa, just heard about this Sugah. You should check your comp for trojans or spyware, you may have picked something up that let your passwords out. Hey Hobbes! Good to see you again, how you been doin'? Sugah does anyone else have access to your admin account here?

Yo Samgyver!! I've been doing fine, opening up an Irish bar in downtown Chicago, slated to open on St. Patrick's Day, other than that I'm slowly getting back into simming! How have you been?!
Back to top Go down
http://hobbes.forumotion.com/
LabCat

LabCat

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:09 am

I know I been talking to you before, but I just wanted to say I'm glad you're back and they didn't win! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276
Back to top Go down
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 5:47 pm

I am so glad thjat you are back up and running agian Sugah my friend. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 74257 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 495953 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 578473 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 277694 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 408427 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 8117 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 7255 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 344738 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 687310 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 981739 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 366915 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 247485 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 658139 Here is my little party for you my friend. Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
http://simsplayhouse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
CallyDreaming

CallyDreaming

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 637989 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 981739 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 790471 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 981739 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 366915 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 981739 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 366915 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 701517 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 277694 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 495953 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 981739 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 701517 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 950802 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 940149 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 247485 Has party with andy.

It's great to see you back in business me lady. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 678648
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:34 pm

I'll have to join this party. I was so excited to stop by and see you were back instead of the maintenance notice.

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 495953 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 621122 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 277694 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 578473 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 74257 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 204654

Because "you can't keep a good gal down!"

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 8117 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 8117 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 8117

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 7255 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 344738 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 366915 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 262201 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 262201 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 262201
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Hobbes

Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 495953 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 277694 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 578473 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 621122 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 224318 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 204654 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 408427 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 74257 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 8117

Dear Andrew, I love your avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://hobbes.forumotion.com/
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:19 pm

I downloaded my avi from the mass effect site. There are 7 or 8 of them this one is my fav. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 74257
Back to top Go down
http://simsplayhouse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
LabCat

LabCat

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 Herz Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 Herz Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 981739 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 790471 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 955951 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 508493 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 284699 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 888294 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 678648 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 701517 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 94220 She's back! Nothing will get this girl down! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 154182 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 846508 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276
Back to top Go down
Fitzie

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:02 pm

I couldn't believe this site was hacked/hijacked or whatever it's called so soon again after the first time. Like Laurie said - this is just a game....

Just glad to see you're back again so quickly, Sugah!
Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 422794 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 940149 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 284699
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:20 am

Sugah -

I know I don't need to elaborate to you my feelings on this topic.

I hope you know how sick I was right along with you. I firstly, could not imagine why anyone would do such a thing - but to do it to you? Then I was sickened by the thought of someone being able to break you down enough that you would leave our community. And then I thought about the fabulous creator that you are, and how the world would be robbed of your gift.

I started off not wanting to elaborate because I think I'm finally coming down from my very angry place that this incident took me.

I will elaborate though because you are my friend and I respect what you do and how you do it. Sugah's Place is a warm, comfortable and beautiful place to be. The fact that some infinitesimal rat bastard (excuse me) could try to destroy it in a matter of minutes disturbs me to no end.

The Sims 2 is a game. It is meant to be fun, to bring joy, to relax, to escape. I think 95% of Sim's site owners feel this way and create their sites as an extension of the game. They create homes away from homes. Places of beauty and creativity and joy. Your site is no exception to that. I feel so at home here and know many others feel the same.

What happened to you was no short an act of terrorism. It was online terrorism. The fact that you've gotten up, dusted yourself off and are powering forward shows who the winner was in this war that was waged. Any loser can destroy something - but a winner, a hero, a champion, a worthwhile human being creates, builds, nurtures, loves and cares. You are such a champion Sugah. I hope you know that, and I'm very proud that you didn't let a loser terrorist destroy the beautiful place you've created.

We all just love you Sugah. I think by reading the previous posts and knowing what I've read at my site and a few others that that is obvious.

Thank You for staying with us and continuing to offer Sugah's Place as a warm home away from home. Thank you most for being a fabulous friend.

If you need anything My Friend - I'm merely a phone call, a text or a smoke signal away.

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 642848
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:44 am

Sugah -

I am so glad to see you are up and running again, my friend. You know that if you need anything at all from me to ease your transition and get your site back to its original glory, you don't need to do anything but ask. Congrats on getting the site back so soon.

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 204654 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 578473 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 74257 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 495953 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 74257 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 578473 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 204654 Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 912276

Last edited by Autumnelle on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:56 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 701517

I was so overwhelmed when I came in here last night to check on things and saw the festivities going on.
Truth be told, I was going to keep Sugah's Place under construction for awhile longer til I could replace a bunch more images and download files.
Most pic and file links are no longer any good, so I am having to repair all the damage that was done, both with my Photobucket and Mediafire accounts being compromised.

I didn't get here soon enough to renew the under construction message last night.
Some of you had already logged in and started a "welcome back" party for me.
I almost wept from the outpouring of kindness, jubilation and support.
How did I ever get so blessed as to have so many wonderful folks in the Simming community encouraging me through all of this mess? Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 508493

I don't know what I've ever done to deserve such kindness and consideration.
But I CAN tell you, I don't know what I would've done without it this past week or so.

Thank you for the well wishes and encouragement, good people.
I also want to say thank you for your offers of help.

Hunter, I know how ill you've been over all of this, too.
The words you've posted here mean the world to me. I could elaborate, but I'm afraid I'll start getting all weepy, if I do. verklempt
Just know I am forever grateful and appreciative of your ongoing friendship and support.
I can not tell you how much you have helped me through all of this.
I am so very blessed and thankful to have you in my life. I love you

*~*

Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 37797 That being said...

Please have patience with me, as I try to repair all the broken image and download links.
I will send a newsletter with an update explaining the situation here soon.
Also, for those of you who have offered such generous gifts for Sugah's 1000 Member Celebration (I'm thinking of tacking "You can't keep a good gal down" on there, too. laughin ),
please hang on to your submissions.
I'm moving the date of the celebration into February, until I can restore a few more urls around here AND get to creating something for it myself!
With all that's been going on, I haven't been able to create a thing for the big update yet.

I hope you understand, and again, thank you for everything, my friends. Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 284699
Back to top Go down
MARTHA!

MARTHA!

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 am

Amen, and welcome Home! Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 621122
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 2:03 am

Sorry you are now going through the same ordeal Hunter, keep a stiff upper lip.

I know I don't get any Forum Updates, just blank emails, so I am guesing the above was the reason for the latest one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Archived News
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next