Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's 'Hood

Go down 
+20
Sugah
Cher64
Aaroneous
MaAlet
eliseluong
Lightheart
Nonni
Simply Simful
beckylynn2109
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
SimEm
Caleb_71
autumnelle
Ullwera
Hunter
Astral Faery
AdriannaSimmie
soloaris
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:27 am

I never gamble on those chance cards ... ever!

Quote :
Financial Wizardry - it's not Really Magic.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 683951

Thank you for sharing, Mac.
Did you have any trouble finding the larger size snapshots this last time?
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:49 am

Sugah wrote:
I never gamble on those chance cards ... ever!

Using "Business Acumen" you can increase your chance of success to 80%. I use the chance cards occasionally at a lower level when my poor sim has much to gain and little to lose. This time it was a mistake Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 657259

I did figure out the difference between snapshot and thumbnail. No problem here or in the future. I also corrected the Malkovich post.

:thanx:
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:58 am

Okay, I confess, I HAVE gambled with the chance card when my Sim's chances were increased (due to the Business Acumen, as you put it).
I think I ended up being in that "you lose" 20%, Mac!
No luck of the Irish here, my good man. laughin

Even from the back/side, that looks like Jon Malkovich! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 21650

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Dilyana   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 pm

I have Dilyana Popova in my neighborhood now. Popularity/Pisces with a Model career and (I couldn't resist the pun, sorry laughin ) a culinary hobby.

She had an early fling with James Dean, and they are now friends, but since he is already otherwise committed, it will stop there
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_79b78e38_f9b7ba03

The big news for her is that I teleported Marcello Genni (a new hunky male sim from this site) to meet her. They struck it off very well - she had him for dinner and toasted him, but was staying up rather late with unfortunate results (maybe it was the champagne)
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_79b78e38_59b7be29
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_79b78e38_79b7be93

She invited him over the next day. I really can't imagine an Italian Stallion saying that he'll "gussy up" and be over. Sims 2 has certainly contributed to the spread of a rather archaic, probably midwestern idiom!

Anyway, they have become verrry good friends and would seem to have a future together.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_79b78e38_f9b8cd7d

Many thanks to Sugah and Jen for Marcello and to Caleb_71 for Dilyana :thanx:

I got Sid Meier's Civilization V for my 70th birthday - so I may be taking a brief sabbatical from the sims while I get into it. Don't worry, I can't stay away for long!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:14 am

Quote :
I really can't imagine an Italian Stallion saying that he'll "gussy up" and be over. Sims 2 has certainly contributed to the spread of a rather archaic, probably midwestern idiom!

Dilyana and Marcello look very happy together.
Things are really coming together for the gorgeous couple.
What sign & aspiration did you make Jen's Marcello, Mac?

Quote :
Many thanks to Sugah and Jen for Marcello and to Caleb_71 for Dilyana.

I can't take credit, unfortunately, for that snackolicious male Sim.
Jen is the creative talent behind your Italian Stallion. Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 226245
I CAN tell you, I've recently learned he has a brother.
So stay tuned for that. Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 940149

I hope you enjoy your new game. Don't stay away too long.

Happy 70th today!!!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 366915 Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 159351 Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 366915

I hope your birthday is a good one, Mac!
Enjoy your special day.

Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 pm

A fling for James Dean! and now they are only friends?

Well ..mr Italian Stallion does look hot...

Anyway....

:BirthdayBunch:

I hope you have a great day!!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 981739 Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 981739
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Marcello   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Marcello is a Fortune/Aries sim.

Wy wife would say that he's a "handsome doggie-woggie of a man", so I think he will probably be an Adventurer with a hobby of fitness.

I have yet to run him, and will probably run Hunter's new creation (so good to see her back) as Jolie Huntley - no idea yet of aspiration or sign - open to suggestion - I do tend to make my sims very serious, somewhat nice, and a little bit neat, seldom lazy and sometimes a bit shy.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Jolie   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm

I was so happy to see Hunter contributing again that I had to download and run one of her creations immediately!

Here is Jolie Huntley. She's an Aries/Knowledge sim with a LTW of 20 Best Friends. A veterinarian career (she's only at the second level) and a hobby of science. She really needs to be a knowledge sim since she really needs to study a lot of abilities. (I always use two benefits - for everybody - to get to "Business Instinct" in the work track, and in this case three to get to"Eureka" in the knowledge track - makes getting abilities much faster).

She's living in a 7 Dove Rd house - see Shanti at the top of this thread. Great house for a starting sim!

Several welcomed her to the neighborhood, including Simply Edward's Ari Linares - who appeared as a Dread Pirate in his adventurer career. He did enjoy her joke and is somewhat attracted to her, but he does have all sorts of ladies after him.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_19bdac02_19bf55f4

Another wimpier sim, Adrian Brody, was really infatuated with her, and she with him - they are really hitting it off!
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_19bdac02_99bf57f6

Again, many thanks to you, Hunter. So good to see you creating again! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 765640 Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 243713
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:35 am

I concur. It was great seeing Hunter back again. She's had such a rough time of it, unfortunately.
Jolie is particularly beautiful...one of my new favorite's of Hunter's, actually.

Quote :
Another wimpier sim, Adrian Brody, was really infatuated with her...

"Another wimpier Sim" ... I love it! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 598258

Thank you for sharing what's been going on in your game with us.
I was afraid, after you'd received Civilization V for your birthday, we wouldn't be seeing you as much here, Mac. No
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: More on Jolie   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:57 pm

It struck me that all of the pics I posted of Jolie showed her back! So here's one of her working out to increase her strength.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_19bdac02_79c23f47

Actually, strength is required for the vet career, as well as for a vet in real life. Stella (see Java Hut September 15) has a heart murmur and we took her in to Angell Memorial (a superb veterinary hospital in Boston) for an echocardiogram. A 12 pound kitty - it took a tech and two residents to hold her down, and that with a cone around her head! Now THAT'S a tough kittycat! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 912276
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm so lovin' that hair on Jolie!

I don't have the vet career in my game.
I'm imagining it came with Uni or Seasons (EPs I don't have).

Woah! Now THAT'S one big old tough kitty!
How is Stella doing? When will you get the results back?
I hope all goes well and that Stella is okay, Mac.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:04 am

Sugah wrote:

I don't have the vet career in my game.
I'm imagining it came with Uni or Seasons (EPs I don't have).

Woah! Now THAT'S one big old tough kitty!
How is Stella doing? When will you get the results back?
I hope all goes well and that Stella is okay, Mac.

I'm doing this from work, so I don't have access to my sims (otherwise I'd get no work done at all!)
The vet career is not a Maxis one. When I get home, I'll try to find the reference. There is one on MTS, but it is not the one I use - the careers by this creator are interesting and varied, but don't do a good job of decreasing or increasing needs.

Regarding Stella, that was her first echocardiogram - when she was about 1.5 years old about 2 years ago. We schedule one every year or so, longer now since there's been no change. Really precautionary - she's OK and one feisty critter! :dancinkitty1:
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:02 am

Oh wow! Hunter's Jolie is such a beautiful girl!

It's so nice to see you post pics of everyone's creations and even more so that you like playing them so much Mac. Thank you kind sir.

I am so glad to hear Stella is doing well and it was only a routine checkup.

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:38 am

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 357604

Quote :
The vet career is not a Maxis one. When I get home, I'll try to find the reference.

:thanx:
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Vet   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:59 pm

The file is something named Career_vet.package - dated 2007. I would guess that it might have been MTS (I don't recall downloading careers from anywhere else) but may have been purged as old. It is a bit bizarre, though, the standard uniform for many of the levels is the Dr. Strangelove top of the science career lab outfit complete with scary mechanical hand!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Marcello   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 4:58 pm

I've barely gotten in to Civ 5 - there's so much to learn - I read the Civ 5 strategy guide while the sims is loading...

Marcello - what is he doing here???

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_b9c4f562

Give yourself full marks if you say that he is "Gussying up". Pity he can't comb his hair. Oh well... Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 97206

He had some visitors to welcome him to the neighborhood and really hit it off well with Carmen Electra. REALLY hit it off well... Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 508493

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_39c591e7

It never hurts a guy to know how to do a really good backrub!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_59c5934b

Anyway, he has two lightning bolts with Carmen and only one with Dilyana. On the other hand, Carmen is a romance sim so don't look for any lasting relationship, and Dilyana is an aspiring model who will undoubtedly be getting more and more buff - just what Marcello likes.

On his first day at work (as an Adventurer - hobby Fitness) he met and brought Ari Linares home. They weren't an instant hit with each other, but did enjoy a good joke. laughin
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_79c5eee7

Marcello needed some charisma for job advancement, so he practiced some romance when he got up in the morning.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_b9c5f167
He also worked out to get more body.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_99c5fa09
While he was working out, along came Dilyana Popova - walking in the rain - she is one of the loveliest creatures to appear in my sims recently! He and she immediately became best friends.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_99c5faf0
and even more than that...
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_b9c5fb0d

What's a poor hunk like Marcello to do???? verklempt

Well, among other things, off to work as a spelunker
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_b9b63d1d_b9c5fc52

He has since been promoted to 'Multiregional Sim of Some Question' whatever that is, and BFF with Dilyana. But now spring is turning into summer. Seldom have I been more tempted to play a sim just one more season rather than going on to the next. But we'll have to wait as I play through spring with all of my other sims.

Just one final note. Thank you Thank you Thank you to the creators of Marcello, Dilyana, and Ari. I have brought them to life, but YOU created them! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 846508
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Some of Edward's creations - downloaded pre-hack   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Just a quick update. I ran a couple of Edward's guys last week: Ashton Redfield and Devin Briggs share a house. Ashton is Fortune/Cancer, career City Planning, hobby Science. Devin is Popularity/Scorpio, career Architecture, hobby Arts.

They were welcomed by two women who lived nearby: Julia Roberts and Rachel McAdams. They soon paired up - Julia with Devin and Rachel with Ashton.

Here they are having lunch
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_19a7b81a_f9c8aef2

I still have downloaded but yet to run: Edward's Geoff Webster (Popularity/Pisces)and Janek Piotrowski (Knowledge/Pisces).

And then there's Marcello's brother Nico (Knowledge/Aries). Stay 'tooned.
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:26 am

Hello Mac! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 578473

This is great pictures, and I like the surroundings in your neighborhood, you seams like to make good story's about your sims, so its very interesting to read and look Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 12612 Marcello seams to enjoy him self with the lady's he meet, and who would not, those girls are great! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 912276 Thanks for show your sim's and your hood!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Mac, thank you so much for sharing your Sim antics with us.
I'm still tickled by all the celeb Sims who are so much a part of your hood.
You never know who you might live next door to!

I enjoyed reading about scrumptious Marcello and seeing all of your screenshots.
Fun stuff!

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 692371

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:17 pm

And if you have a sim avatar, I can put you into the 'hood. I already have the superb clothing designer Milano (who is married to Viggo Mortensen in my game - and they have a son in college).

I correspond somewhat regularly with her, supported her website - and exchange pics of spouses/significantothers, pics of kitties, Christmas greetings, etc.
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Mac, your a great guy, full of surprises, It is a joy to read your posts! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:24 pm

I hope Milano is well. She was a true talent in the Sims community.
Her fabulous ensembles will forever be missed, Mac.
I think it's great that you are still corresponding with her. Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 21650

I'd like you to meet Sugah Sim.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 SugahSim

And if you are interested, you can download Sugah HERE, good sir.

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Sugah Sim   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

Downloaded!

I would defer to your choices for aspiration,zodiac, likes and dislikes, career etc.

Note that that there is a "Sims Creator" career: Delphy, Hysterical, and (of course) Will Wright already have this career.

BTW, Sugah Sim is verrry pretty Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 508493
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Sugah Sim is a Family Sim. Second aspiration is Knowledge.

Her astrological sign is Cancer.
Her likes are employed and hmmm... I'll let you choose the other.
Her dislike is unemployed (go figure laughin ).
I don't have all the EPs, but the career path that sounds really neat to me is Paranormal.
Do you have the EP with that career, Mac?
I'd love to be Scully to the X-Files Mulder, if you please. Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 598258

Have I missed anything?

Quote :
BTW, Sugah Sim is verrry pretty Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 508493

Awww...YOU!
If only I truly looked that good. Sigh.
But I do thank you for the compliment. Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 319331

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:47 pm

I've imported Sugah into my neighborhood. She's a Family/Cancer sim, as Sugah requested. I did move her two more points toward serious and two away from shy - still a Cancer. Her likes are Hard Worker and Creative, her dislike is unemployed.

She is at level 2 in the paranormal career (this is a University career). Unfortunately the hacks I have to set LTW do not include the University careers. For careers not covered, I sometimes use: Max out all 7 abilities - a real bear to do, earn 100000 - easier at higher job levels, have 20 lovers or woohoo - really for romance sims. For sugah I set her LTW to 20 best friends - probably the easiest and least controversal.

Her hobby is Arts - a perfect fit for a paranormal career which requires 10 creativity. She lives at one of my many instances of 7 Dove Rd. - one of my favorite starters. See the beginning of this thread for a reference. (My other favorite starters are the Queens Brook Blvd series (See my post in Sims Schmoozathon\Simply Schmoozin'\Page 7.

Her clothing - Everyday as shown in the picture above, PJs - Africa Black from this site (I really like this one and Mariposa Brown), Undies by Bruno (who else!), Formal - see below, Gym - a crop top and sweats, Swim - a reasonably sedate tankini - won't get her arrested Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 128862

Sugah had visitors from the neighborhood: Adrian Brodie (again) who seems quite smitten with her and vice versa Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 508493 , Geoff Webster (a creation of Edward's) who is smitten with her but not vice versa Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 497514 , and Queen Titania (from Midsummer Night's Dream) who brought a case of flu Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 690717
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_f9d5e754_19d5ef6c

She later had to dress up in her formal outfit to impress Queen Titania and get the friendship.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_f9d5e754_39d860d9

By the magic of teleportation, she invited Delphy, Hysterical Paroxysm and Will Wright over
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_f9d5e754_99d80ceb

and she visited that paragon of clothing design, Milano
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_167a7bb1_d9d873ff
Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Snapshot_167a7bb1_79d8755a

Her career progress has only been so-so. The unsocial hours plus she took a wrong choice on a chance card and had to start over. Plus getting over the flu (she did invest a point on Grandma's soup which helped). When I next activate her - she should be moving up to level 3 in the paranormal career.

A note or so about my neighborhood (in addition to its being huge). I don't do winter, it's just too much for my graphic card. My seasons are Spring,Summer,Autumn, and Summer. I am also slowly getting rid of all of my apartments. Just too much trouble with the ghosts of sims who have moved out. Even the advice on this site didn't help.

Many thanks to all of the creators (too numerous to mention) and a special thank you to Sugah for entrusting me with her alter ego, I will take good care of her! Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 243713
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's 'Hood
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next