Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads

Go down 
+16
ilikefishfood
Astral Faery
Nonni
Pierre
LabCat
CallyDreaming
Hunter
juicyjudith
Ullwera
MARTHA!
bdhfsbp23
L.J
Angelsways1
SimEm
andrewplay599
Sugah
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads Empty
PostSubject: Sugah's Place Grand Opening!   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 10:30 am

If all goes as planned, the grand opening of this little forum will be on Saturday, August 1st.
Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads 981739
My friends & I have been working on some fabulous all new creations for our Sugah's Place members.

So, stay tuned ... mark your calendars ... and in the meantime, have a look around.
You might see something you missed over at the old place. ;)
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Update on our Grand Opening ...   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 pm

It looks like we're on schedule for August 1st, folks. I'm getting so excited!
(Well, provided my puter doesn't blow up between now and then. Let us pray. :praying1: )

I'm hoping my friends and I can have all of our newest creations posted no later than Friday morning, 7/31.
Then, later in the day, I'll go around to the usual forums announcing the Grand Opening
(so those folks a day ahead of us will know about it in time). I love you

A special thank you to everyone who has so generously donated something fabulous for this special occasion.
I can not tell you how appreciative & grateful I am of your lovely gifts ALWAYS. :hug4u:
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Three's a Crowd ... Our First Group Project at Sugah's Place   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 am

Coming up in the not-too-distant future ... A group project by Andrew, Ed and Sugah ...
We're calling our little building/decorating trio "Three's a Crowd". laughin

I am absolutely thrilled to announce that Andrew has agreed to build a beach house for Ed and I to decorate!
We have been discussing it for a few days now and are all pretty excited about our new endeavor together.

For those of you who are not familiar with Andrew's work, please stop by his "Andrew's Playhouse" thread here.
He is a gifted builder and we are honored he has agreed to do this project with us.

Most of you know Ed from SIMply Edward. He as an eye for detail and is a superb decorator and recolorist. I am so happy to be working with him on Sugah's Place's very first group project, too.

So...
Stay tuned, folks. We are in the beginning stages, but will soon have an update on our progress for you.

Last edited by Sugah on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:45 am

I am honored to be a part in this group effort thanks for having me on the team. Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads 344738
Back to top Go down
http://simsplayhouse.forumotion.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 am

Welcome to the team, Andrew!

We're glad to have you.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am

There's no doubt in my mind, Ed, that Andrew is working dilligently to build a house as close to the one we chose for this project.
He's really trying to insure it resembles the original bungalow photo and floor plan as much as possible.

I am excited to see the finished abode and see what you and I can then do with the inside! :wigglypig:

Thank you, Andrew, for all of your creative input, hard work and patience in making this happen for us.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Update on our TaC abode   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Well, the beach house project that Ed, Andrew and I are working on is still a go, but will probably take some time to complete.

Andy is done with his part. The house is built and it's totally cool. Looks great!

Ed and I have been discussing colors & decor, and have been busy doing the recolors and sharing ideas. Definitely a work in progress, but it may take a little while to pull it all together.

Perhaps I'll post a little sneak peek screenshot later this week, so stay tuned...
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Good luck with it! Sounds like a fun project and I can't wait to see the results.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 4:58 pm

:thanx:
Back to top Go down
Angelsways1

Angelsways1

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 pm

OH that sounds awesome !
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelsways1.weebly.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Furnished Version on Hold!   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:11 am

Due to our having too many coals in the fire, the furnished, decorated version of our Three's Company project has been put on hold.

However, Andy has generously agreed to make his unfurnished beach house available to our members here within a week or so.
He's done a fabulous job with it, as always.

So, stay tuned for that in our Gifts from Treasured Friends thread ... :wigglypig:
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Ongoing Project ... Indexes for Each Download Category   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I have been wanting very much to make navigating through my downloads a lot easier for everyone.
I realize it is not fun to have to click on every single thread to see what's inside.
Forumotion does not have the ability to give "sneak peek" thumbnail prints in the subject headings like, say, BPS and many other Sims forums do.
I really like that feature, as it enables Simmers to "window shop", if you will.
We can peruse the download section of a site with preview thumbnails in the subject heading and simply click on the one we'd like to see better, right?

Since Forumotion does not offer such a thing, Hunter of Basic suggested I do indexes for each download category, as that has worked @ her forum.
I liked that idea and decided to run with it. (Thank you, Lady H.)

So, I am in the process of creating thumbnails and indexes for all of my download threads.
It is definitely going to be a work in progress, as it is a rather tedious and time consuming project, but...
I DO like the results thus far AND it should be of great help to those of you who would like to window shop before you "buy". ;)

I invite you all to take a gander at the indexes I've completed already for The Modeling Agency, Share a Family, Gallerie d'Arte, and AF's Sim of the Month Club.

I hope you will find this new addition to Sugah's Place an easier way to find and select the goodies I offer here.
Any and all feedback is welcome, as always. Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads 881668

Happy downloading!

Last edited by Sugah on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
L.J

L.J

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:25 am

This is a great idea Sugah!
I was over at Hunters site yesterday, I hadn't been there since about Christmas of last year, and I found the indexes a great way to see through all her stuff and snag what I liked. :) It looks great here too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simtopia.net
bdhfsbp23

bdhfsbp23

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:45 am

Very useful feature sugah it takes a long time to search through all the threads in hope you will like something and this will certainly help speed up the process, big thanks to you and hunter ;)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Quote :
Very useful feature, Sugah. It takes a long time to search through all the threads in hope you will like something and this will certainly help speed up the process.

Exactly what I had hoped for! Good deal!

Thank you, LJ and bdh, for your feedback on this. It is greatly appreciated.
I'm glad you both like the idea and approve. Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads 687310
Back to top Go down
bdhfsbp23

bdhfsbp23

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

well i figured as i download here mostly, i better get my two cents in :giggling2:

It's a great idea sugah thanks for making your forum even better hon!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm so glad you find goodies here for your game that you like, bdh. That's music to my ears. :dancinkitty2:

Quote :
It's a great idea, sugah. thanks for making your forum even better, hon!

I strive to improve upon not only the quality of my downloads as I continue to recolor, but also, make this a forum folks look forward to visiting...
One that is easy to navigate through and, hopefully, fun to hang out in. :praying1:
Back to top Go down
MARTHA!

MARTHA!

PostSubject: Great Work   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 am

It is great work, Sugah. Easier, and cleaner looking, as well. I know it will take you a while to get caught up with all the back log, but then it will all be worth it. Thanks for your hard work.
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:13 am

Wooww it´s looking gooood!!!

It makes you find stuff easier and it sure looks more inviting.
I saw a model I haven´t seen before I have to go back and check her out.

Good work Sugah!! I love you
Back to top Go down
juicyjudith

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:48 am

It's a brilliant idea what Hunter gave you, congratulations to you Sugah, for all the hard work you're doing, congratulations to Hunter for giving it to you.
It's certainly going to make the site so easy for us all. A Big thankyou and hugs judith.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:51 am

Excellent work My Friend. It is very hard work - but as is everything we do - it's very worth it.

See all the feedback you're getting already? Thanks everyone for your kind words in appreciation of our Dear Sugah's hard work. And thanks for your kind words about me too.

I find that the world can be such a nasty, competitive place. I REFUSE to do it in the Sim's world. Sugah has shared more than a wealth of knowledge with me over the last year - more than a year - and anything I have learned that I can share with her I am willing to share.

That's what I love about our forums and our friends that frequent them - it really is such sense of community. Thanks to everyone here that posted.

Sugah - this forum has come so far so fast and you continue to offer such awesome creations for everyone. I'm more happy for you than you can know. Thank you for sharing your work with us and more than that - sharing YOU.

I love you
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: WOW!!!   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you ALL for the wonderful feedback.
I was wondering how many had actually seen my "Coming Soon - Indexes for Each Download Category " post, cause I rarely post in this section.
This is great!

Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads Spongebob

You know, once I get rolling on indexing the larger categories (CC recolors, Maxis recolors, etc., etc), I'm hoping I find my cadence and get into a rhythm with it.
I know it'll be worth it, once done, and your positive feedback has confirmed this.
I want so much for Sugah's Place to be a neat looking/non-busy, fun, comfortable, organized and easy-to-navigate-through place for all of my members.
Hang in there with me and hopefully, soon, I'll have everything indexed for your "window shopping" pleasure. ;)

Speaking of being "neat looking & organized"...

I am sorry for the mess you may or may not be seeing right now here.
I sent out a newsletter this weekend, but I don't believe that feature (at least at Sugah's Place) is working currently.
Some of you may be seeing a lot of Xs where emoticons used to be.

With the server changes and Forumotion upgrades, there have been a few issues and kinks.
Sometimes, when trying to visit Sugah's Place, SIMply Edward's or Hunter's Basic...for Sims, the site might not even pull up!
We're hoping these problems will be worked out soon and that everything will be back to normal and hopefully, better than ever.

So, if you get a "maintenance mode" or "error screen" or even a blank, white page...just try again.
It's a temporary thing and our sites will always return after a bit (let us pray, lol).

As far as the missing emoticons and messiness, I'm hoping to resolve the issue soon.

Some of you may have to use a Photobucket URL to replace your missing avvys, btw. I had to do that myself.
Not sure if we can upload them here any longer or if we must use a link from our photo host site.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and will have this place looking decent and more organized again SOON.

On a personal note...
Hunter, for your generous, gracious ways & words and the help you have always offered me, I am most grateful.
I agree with everything you've said in your post from this morning and appreciate your kindness and encouragement, as always.

Your compliments and positive feedback are priceless as is your support and friendship.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you do and are.

Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads Thankssmileys
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:22 pm

I saw this post awhile ago, but I forgot to come back and comment. I think the indexes are an excellent idea! One of the things I dislike about downloading from a lot of forums is that you have to go into each thread to see what is offered. It takes a long time to browse that way and you might miss some excellent downloads just because the title does catch your attention. I thought it was a great idea when I saw Hunter doing it and I think it's a great idea for Sugah's Place as well.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:55 pm

My sentiments, exactly, Em.
Everything you have said is precisely why I am adding the indexes to Sugah's Place.
Thank you for your feedback and comments. I am appreciative of it. Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads Thanks

Update from Mr. Mario over at the Forumotion Support Forum:

MrMario wrote:

It looks like the emotions are disabled till the techs fix it.
They are disabled till the servers are working the way the company wants it.

Perhaps all my emoticons be back on their own afterall.
Thank you all for your patience as Forumotion works through some of the kinks.
Hopefully, everything will be restored and even better than before SOON.

A QUESTION:

I sent out a Sugah's Place update newsletter about the current Forumotion issues this weekend.
Did anyone receive it?
There's a possibility that feature in our admin panel has been disabled til the issues are settled with the server, too.
Just curious to know, though. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
L.J

L.J

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:03 pm

I got the Update Email.
But I didn't get a Newsletter. I just read in the recent update that Forumotion's been having issues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simtopia.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads   Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived "What's Up Ahead" Threads
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Welcome to Sugah's Place :: What's up ahead?-
Jump to: