Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Life in Christophe Harbour

Go down 
+14
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
clc
mac
Grykon
Caleb_71
Hunter
Ullwera
soloaris
WittyKitty
Sugah
Astral Faery
autumnelle
AdriannaSimmie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 122582

Love you guys! And thanks for the cold shower Jen! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 422794

"Mask" - awesome movie Grykon~ Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 12612

Btw, I love Marco's face in the top right hand corner of the montage. Can you say 'passion?!' droolin Phew! Jen, turn on the shower again! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 97206
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:39 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 508493 At last!!!!!

They are a perfect match!

This is for Kyle Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 364885 Comon then I show you what a "Hakkapelitta" can do.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Woo hoo! I agree that was a smoking hot chapter and a long time coming. Now Carolyn just needs to get Kyle off the phone. Tell him he'll be alright, that you've moved on and he can too. (Like it's that easy). I like the montage, sultry, yet tastefully done.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Run Kyle! Run! The Swedes are coming! The Swedes are coming! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 364885 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 99672

Well, my dear Em'....let's hope our Carolyn does the right thing. Rolling Eyes *cough*

You guys totally rock! dancintrio

Oh, and by the way...Carolyn's brother Marc proposed to his girlfriend Kana, when she graduated. They'll get married once he's finished his medical internship.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_bacf368a

And seeing as I've shared photos of my other two favourite big families. I thought I'd also share Marco's family, the D'Angelos. In my first install of TS2, I created them as a test family, to play without cheats and to test new (and in those days, dodgey) mods. they were supposed to be dispensable, but I got attached. lol! Marco and Vinnie were my first set of twins born in game (In later incarnations of my hood, they were CAS created). Joey was a toddler who hadn't learned anything when the twins were born, and their parents were passing out from exhaustion all over the place. By time Teresa came along, I had to use a motive cheat to keep them from dying! laughin

Anywho...meet the D'Angelos...starting with the youngest - 13-year old Salvatore - first.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 DAngelo3

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 DAngelo2

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 DAngelo1
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:52 am

ilikefishfood wrote:

they were supposed to be dispensable, but I got attached. lol!

Uh-huh, uh-huh - see? I'm not the only one. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 738528

My my what a gorgeous family! They are all stunning, but Vinnie is definitely my favorite. I also think Teresa and Sal are quite beautiful, too. And what a pretty montage to show them all off. I love you

By the way, do you have a mod that tells you how old a sim is? I mean, you often refer to them in human age, I just wondered how you figured that out.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:15 am

[quote="Astral Faery"]
ilikefishfood wrote:

By the way, do you have a mod that tells you how old a sim is? I mean, you often refer to them in human age, I just wondered how you figured that out.

Naw! I write it all down! I rotate aaaaaall my families using each semester as a time marker. I play a semester, then go back to the regular hoods, and play my families for what I figure is about four months. Then have my uni sims do their mid year exams, and play them til the end of he next semester. Back to the hood for another imagined 4 months. Then to uni to sit year-end exams. THEN I play everybody a little bit to create what I think of as 'summer memories.' That's a year! I then go to my trusty notebook, and update all the ages!

I have annual groups for all toddlers children and teens. And I keep the adults in groupings of: 22-25 (post uni), 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49. Then I start using middle-aged wrinkles here and there for 50-54 and 55-60...Then I age them to elders. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 774807

OKAY, OKAY! I'm obsessive about these things! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 97206 I also age my townies and social groups. Haven't figured out what to do with my adult NPCs for whom I've created family connections. Some should be getting ready to age. I'll probably just use some serious aging makeup so they look right, and eventually when I figure it's time for them to die, I'll do the deed, and let the game regenerate some new ones.

WHAT?! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 99672 YOU asked!!!! sunny

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Mon May 09, 2011 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:18 am

Oh my the D'Angelos are a gorgeous family sweetie :)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:16 am

Lady A wrote:
Forget the glass of cold water - I think we'll need a cold shower! It may be a short chapter - but I'm sure everyone else will agree with me when I say, "HOORAY! It's about time. But mostly hooray!"
And a nice clinch at the end - great suspense - and beautiful pictures! The montage is lovely, and that last photo is, too. Excellent!!

Lady T wrote:
These two waited so long for the big event, I thought they deserved more than the traditional Maxis-wrestling-under-the-covers...and so did WE!
I just love these two together!

Lady J wrote:
I love,love, love it!!! Oh my goodness I can't believe they finally gave into their passion and it's about flipping time too...
Now if that bozo Kyle messes this up I am gonna be so mad...

Lady E wrote:
I agree that was a smoking hot chapter and a long time coming. Now Carolyn just needs to get Kyle off the phone. Tell him he'll be alright, that you've moved on and he can too.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 357604 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 28795 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 637989

Awesome, Toni ... A SIMply beautiful, touching & tastefully done presentation of Marco and Carolyn's long awaited consumation of their strong feelings for one another.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 692371

The DeMarco and Garcia families are both so gorgeous! Love the Garcia family pic, especially.

Thank you, as always, for sharing your incredibly well written, beautifully photographed Sim tale with us, m'lady.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 302407 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 846508

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:31 am

Thank you all so much for your generous feedback! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 461171 sunny

Weeeellllll....it's time to see how that whole phone call from Kyle in the wee hours of the morning played out. Ready? Are ya? You sure? Okaaaaaay.......

---
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_1ac6a3e3
"That's not fair!" She said, her voice trembling. She stood up and slipped into the bathroom with the phone.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_fac6a5fc
He could hear her talking softly. She sounded like she was crying. Marco sat up on the edge of the bed. He was sweating.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_3ac6a849
Even in the air conditioning, his skin was prickling and he could actually feel his blood rushing through his veins. He leaned over, pulling his clothes from the tangle of garments on the floor.

He was reaching for his shirt when she came out of the bathroom a towel wrapped around her, the phone in her hand, her face streaked with tears.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_9ac6a925
"Marco...he's very upset..."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_dac6a9e7
"I don't want to hear it." His voice sounded hard.

More tears spilled down her cheeks.

"It's just so complicated!" she cried, her voice shaking as she wiped at her cheeks and runny nose.

He continued to get dressed.

"I...I...He's coming back from France...to...to...to..talk to me...just to ta..."

"Stop," he said harshly, cutting her off. He realized his fists were clenched.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_1ac6ab73
"I don't want to know. I can't go through this with you. You're on your own."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_9ac6b3c3
He didn't recognize his own voice. It sounded so hard. He didn't understand this horrible sensation he was feeling.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_1ac6b3f9
"Don't look at me like that!" She cried descending into sobs.

Marco glanced at himself in the mirror and was startled. His face was dark and his eyes glowered. It was rage.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_7ac6aed9

For the first time in his 24-years, Marco felt rage, and it shook him to the core.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_3ac6ac10
"I have to get out of here."

"Marco!" She cried as he strode to the bedroom door.

"No. Don't follow me. I don't like who I am right now. You need to figure out what you want. Let me know when you do."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_1ac6aac3
He swung open the bedroom door, darting through the living room...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_7ac7c293
...He threw open the front door and dashed out slamming it behind him.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_bac7c2e4
He didn't wait for the elevator but ran down the steps just needing to get outside into the fresh air.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_7ac7c3c2
The sky was just beginning to get light when he jogged across the parking lot to his new Mercedes Benz.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 2
His hand shook as he fit his keys into the door.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 4
He suddenly turned away bent over, and heaved.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 3
He felt like he was throwing up everything he had ever eaten in his life. When there was nothing left, he leaned back against his car and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

He groaned. When he stopped shaking he opened the trunk and finding a big bottle of windshield washer fluid, used it to wash away the mess he had made. He tossed the empty bottle into a dumpster, and slipped behind the wheel.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 1

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 5
He looked at his cell phone. She had called and sent a text asking him to call. He turned if off and tossed it into the glove compartment.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 6
He turned on the ignition, slid the car into gear pulled out of the parking lot and drove across the city...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_facfb8c0
...Heading for the highway

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_fa3f5afd_5acfba0a

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:22 am

*blink....blink blink*

Well. First of all - your shots are just gorgeous. All the car pix are awesome! And the bedroom scenes are tasteful and pretty.

Marco is quite the gentleman to clean up the mess he made Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 738528 . I have to say that I agree with him. It does appear that Carolyn is conflicted and she needs to figure out what she wants. Although I don't know the circumstances behind her relationship with Kyle, I know that he's hurt her more than once, and I can think of little he can do now to upset her new relationship, unless she was already willing to let him. I think she needs to stand by her resolve, and really mean it when she says it's over. I'm hoping she'll realize that.

Great update! I love you
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:56 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 259558 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 873892

OMG!!! Seriously?!?! ugh!!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 266736 Oh I am so hoping Carolyn will come to her senses about this whole mess.
I know she is torn between wanting to help butt head (oops Kyle) and exploring the possibilities with Marco but dang girl you just CANNOT have your cake and eat it too.....

Your screenshots are absolutely beautiful and gorgeous my dear...

OH the suspense is killing me as much as I would like to kill Kyle.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:44 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 319331 *flings self at Ari and Jen! I totally love you guys! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 12612 dancintrio

You're so emotionally involved in this mixed-up affair. verklempt

Ari, Marco really, really is a nice guy. It's those little things...like his being horrified with himself for being angry. I love him! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 503793 Why, oh why, is he being made to suffer so?! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 729422

Because the author of this sordid tale is a fiendish drama queen! :muahaha: Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 363286

But I totally do love Marco, even if I confess to having a soft spot for bad-boy Kyle. I don't know why! I guess in RL, I've been in situations where I've had to choose between the bad-boy and the nice guy (not to these kind of extremes, but...), and it's quite confusing! But I must say, though Kyle was a bit ahead in my favour going into this story, Marco has completely won my heart! It's a good thing I made a perfect sim match for my sim-self or Ms Garcia would have some competition! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:57 am

Ari wrote:
Well. First of all - your shots are just gorgeous. All the car pix are awesome! And the bedroom scenes are tasteful and pretty.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Lady A.
I was thinking "that's one pretty bedroom" and "that's one gorgeous, shiny set of wheels" myself! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 940149

Carolyn has a serious decision to make.
What I don't understand is, it's obvious what she and Marco feel for one another.

Of course, I don't know what the dealio is with Kyle and why she is so hard-pressed to end it once and for all with him, but...
She's going to lose that darling Marco, if she doesn't figure it out SOON.
I felt so badly for him, that he was so upset he puked his guts out (Then, cleaned it up? ... What a guy! laughin ).
I don't blame him for feeling enraged.
Just when he thought his beloved Carolyn had figured it out...that Marco was the one she loved and wanted...She gets a call from Kyle.
UGH! GRRRR! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 971462

WHY? WHY???

Toni wrote:
Because the author of this sordid tale is a fiendish drama queen!

You got that right, chica! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 99672

Stunning screenshots & settings, as always, Lady T and another awesome update.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 461171 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 302407
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Now I´m on my way Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 364885 (I just have to figure out how to use this helmet....)

Kyle go to a very hot place will you!!!!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 912276 Marco you ROCK!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 912276

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 912276 Toni You ROCK!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 912276

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Ohhhhhh noooooooo. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 657259

Quote :
I think she needs to stand by her resolve, and really mean it when she says it's over. I'm hoping she'll realize that.

Quote :
Oh I am so hoping Carolyn will come to her senses about this whole mess.
I know she is torn between wanting to help butt head (oops Kyle) and exploring the possibilities with Marco but dang girl you just CANNOT have your cake and eat it too.....

AMEN to that! I just hope she doesn't let Marco's reaction weaken her resolve to stay separated from Kyle. I'm afraid it might.

Quote :
I felt so badly for him, that he was so upset he puked his guts out (Then, cleaned it up? ... What a guy! ).

laughin When you said he went for the Windex. I was not expecting him to use it on the puke. I was scared he was going to do something desperate. affraid Hopefully he doesn't do something desperate and further damaging to what he could have going on with Carolyn as he takes off down the highway. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 266736
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Ullwera wrote:
Now I´m on my way Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 364885 (I just have to figure out how to use this helmet....)

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 804361

Ullwera wrote:
Kyle go to a very hot place will you!!!!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 97206

Ullwera wrote:
Marco you ROCK!!!

He sure does! And he's cute too! droolin

Ullwera wrote:
Toni You ROCK!!!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 678648

SimEm wrote:
Ohhhhhh noooooooo. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 657259

I just hope she doesn't let Marco's reaction weaken her resolve to stay separated from Kyle. I'm afraid it might....Hopefully he doesn't do something desperate and further damaging to what he could have going on with Carolyn as he takes off down the highway. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 266736

affraid You THINK?! Oh geez...I hope not! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 363286

You guys are killing me! sunny

And folks! Our thread has officially passed the 5000-views mark!!!! I daresay a celebration is in order!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 912276 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 247485 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 687310 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 7255 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 247485

I'll put on the popcorn! Who's bringing the soda?

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Flourish2

Of course, while we're celebrating, poor Marco is driving out of town listening to some of the most heartbreaking songs EVAH! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 729422

Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm

OMG Warwick Avenue is the ulitmate heartbreak song....
I believe you and I are musical sisters ...lol

Poor Marco I could just see him playing that on his Ipod shuffle verklempt

Dang girl, you are killing all of us but you have us hook, line and sinker......You're an awesome storyteller Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 12612

Here are a couple more heartbreak songs he could listen to..

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySun May 15, 2011 7:10 am

verklempt Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 729422

Well I just love Adele! Didn't know much by Jeff Buckley! What an awesome voice, and what an incredible song! "She's a tear that hangs inside my soul forever..." Well, I"m just a mess! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 503793 Poooooooor Marco! No

But there are some happy things going on in my game. Marco's sister Teresa just graduated from university and before she and her boyfriend Patrick Benoit (Cassie and Maxine's brother) headed home to Christophe Harbour, he proposed!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_b9e8fd11_3adb0294
These two are going to make some pretty babies!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Patrickteresa

Beau Brookes (Broke), Brandi's son graduated and also proposed to his girlfriend Audrey (a fromer NPC paper girl) before they moved back home. Yes, he had a little plastic surgery. Come ooooon, for such a pretty woman, Brandi's first two boys are...well...Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 46579

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_b9e8fd11_7adb0068
While on the subject of Maxis families. Alexander Goth (also heavily plastic-surgeried. What was Maxis thinking?!) graduated with a degree in Astronomy, and is heading straight from the Academie to Pleasantview where he's taking up an internship at the Observatory there. With a last name like Goth...well, it's inevitable that he be a 'goth' right? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 12612

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_d9ea0318_3adb1005
And Mortimer and Dina Goth's first daughter Rachel grew into a pretty girl. Here she is with her brother Jacob. No tweaking required! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 247485

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_da321059_badbabb8

...And their 'nephews' the Lothario twins (Cassandra and Don's kids).

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Snapshot_adae8020_1adbe56b
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:20 am

What a bunch of gorgeous kidlets! I can't wait to see them all grown up. And Teresa and Patrick are sooo pretty together. Bring on the spawn! Can you tell I just love breeding sims in my game, LOL!

Yes - I totally agree with you. I don't get Dustin and Beau - Skip Broke wasn't that bad, and Brandi is drop dead gorgeous, what's up with these two? And the Goth kids - seriously, - Morty is a pretty dang nice looking guy and Bella is pretty hot...why are their kids so...not? I had to plastic surgery mine, as well.

ilikefishfood wrote:

Naw! I write it all down! I rotate aaaaaall my families using each semester as a time marker. I play a semester, then go back to the regular hoods, and play my families for what I figure is about four months. Then have my uni sims do their mid year exams, and play them til the end of he next semester. Back to the hood for another imagined 4 months. Then to uni to sit year-end exams. THEN I play everybody a little bit to create what I think of as 'summer memories.' That's a year! I then go to my trusty notebook, and update all the ages!

I was laughing myself silly over this whole post of yours, but I forgot to comment on it. So you are a teensy bit obsessive about aging, and I'm having the darndest time figuring out how long to play uni vs. how long to do a hood rotation. In my royal kingdom, I usually play each household for an entire season, then when the kids went off to uni I just played them straight through. It worked, but probably isn't the best way to approach the neighborhood if you want chronological aging. Especially since I want different levels of teens and uni students. So...what do you imagine 4 months to be (and a summer) when you return to your hood? Given your experience in the matter, I figure you're the best person to ask. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 774807
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Jen wrote:
Poor Marco I could just see him playing that on his Ipod shuffle.

No kidding! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 503793
I had never heard any of those songs before, ladies.

Toni wrote:
These two are going to make some pretty babies!

That's a serious understatement, m'lady.
They are an absolutely STUNNING couple. I love their screenshots.

Honey, Alexander Goth has never looked so cool.
Look at that ensemble he's wearing!
Who'da thunk old Al would turn out lookin' so handsome & stylin'?
Is Astonomy a Uni thing? Or did you download that career?

Ari wrote:
What a bunch of gorgeous kidlets! I can't wait to see them all grown up.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 357604 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 637989

Thank you for sharing, as always, Toni.
I am so grateful for all of our passionate, devoted Sims 2 players, who continue to share their game antics with us so often. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 405831
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:38 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 243713 Ari and Sugah!

Sugah I have an astronomy custom career. I particularly like it, because the first couple of levels are graduate school, which I think is most realistic.

Now Ms Ari...about my imagined four months of time. I use a semester of uni as roughly four: Sept - Dec and the next (2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th) Jan - May. Most unis break around May.

Now, I suppose for the summer months I should say something sensible like 'play your simmies for 4 sim days' but....Toni doesn't play that way. Do you want to get a coffee? This might take a while laughin

Well see, I like to read my simmies' stories in their memory panels, which is why I'm so obsessive about chronology. 'Met x,' 'saw first snow,' 'learned to cook whatever'....you get the picture? So....for my imagined summer, I play all simmies (note wording here. I play ALL simmies. I'll get back to that in a moment) long enough to create at least two or three memories in their panels, even if it's just meeting a few new simmies...to suggest a passage of time.

If a uni simmie gets a new boyfriend or girlfriend during the school year, I'll have them meet the parents and siblings 'in the summer.' Uni simmies will meet new partners of family members back home, or new babies (though if they're immediate family, I usually teleport them to the home lot soon after the birth to meet the new baby right away. Wouldn't you go home from uni for the weekend, to meet a new brother or sister or niece or nephew?

I also usually have my simmies marry 'in the summer'...it's also quite realistic and it immediately creates a nice 'summer' memory for the whole family whether they attend or not.

Now, back to my note about creating summer memories for ALL simmies: *ahem*

1. This does not necessarily involve playing every lot (we all have boring households)...I will usually just teleport in simmies to a lot I'm playing make the visitor selectable and make sure they get a memory or two.

2. As you know I've used SimPe and TwoJeffs' simBlender to create family ties and make some NPCs and townies related to each other and even playable simmies. Soooo........well, I teleport them into lots I'm playing too, and give them a 'summer memory' or two. This is not always necessary, as things like marriages, and a-pluses, dean's lists, deaths, break-ups etc, are automatically created as memories for all family members.

3. With households I don't enjoy playing and just want to race through and get on to a fun family...I use a new mod (a small, stable, conflicts-with-nothing new and improved version of inSIM) called the Sim Manipulator which with a click, allows a simmie to make the acquaintance of any simmie on the lot, make best friends, enemies or even BFFs...and it creates the memory. You can set an A+, get a kid into private school, teach toddler skills, learn FT skills (fire safety, parenting etc) even vacation skills (hula dancing, local gesture etc) all with the click on the mod...no queuing required (you can do it while they're sleeping even!) and they GET the memory and the want fulfilled! And family members will get the appropriate memory for stuff like A-pluses, private school etc.

So there you have it! 'Summer' = making sure that most simmies get a coupla memories in their memory panels to suggest some sort of passage of time.

And that my dear, is how obsessive simmers sim! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 85797 sunny Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 99672
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:36 am

Wow...you're quite...detailed. Thank you so much for your in depth description of how you play your 'hood. I appreciate the time you took to type that all out. But for me, that is way too much work because I'm lazy, lol. Townies in the hood that I'm not interested in, I'd rather kill than make a life for, ha ha. And that was my original plan when I started making over Pleasantview. But I'm satisfied enough for now to just give them makeovers. And I created a new batch so I could have some decent looking folks for marrying and such.

As far as time rotations for me go, I guess I'll just have to find what works for me best. I love you
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:20 am

indeed! :-)
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm

It's really interesting to hear about how you play, Toni. I never even pay attention to my sims' memories. I do try to keep track of their ages though and keep everyone the same and have experimented with different ways of doing that. But like, Ari, I'm kind of lazy about it. laughin I think it's neat that you're so detailed and organized with it.

By the way, cute kids. And Teresa and Patrick make a very pretty couple.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:10 am

WOAH! I can not believe how "detailed" (as Ari so aptly put it) your Simming technique is, Toni. Holy Rigatoni! affraid
Like Em, I never even pay much attention to my Sims' memories.

Your game is so well organized. My gameplay is quite dull in comparison! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 100574

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life in Christophe Harbour
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next