Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood

Go down 
+2
Ullwera
butterflyunion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Empty
PostSubject: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:08 pm

My friends on LJ are just amazing! I swear...and they are so various in their creativity with their games and everything too. It's awesome, and this is the latest thing I found out just now and I have kinda been wondering how to do this myself and now I know. I haven't tried it, but I have all the files downloaded now, and I'll try it out soon - not sure when. But here's 2 sites to go to to get everything you should need to make this happen

Squinges Mega College Pack - this one allows your YA's to live more regular lives within the residential neighborhood

Base hood university - this one allows dorms and college type building to be placed in the regular neighborhood

I'm quite excited about this. If anyone does this before I'm able to let you know if it's successful or not, please show us! :D I'd be excited to see your accomplishments!

Last edited by butterflyunion on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 am

This is awesome! dancintrio

I can see the benefits for all storytellers.
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am

Ok, well, I went into my game last night and worked through BOTH options

SQUINGE'S COLLEGE MEGA PACK

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Scmafteryacakeislitnone

1. Buy the 'Squinge's YA Birthday Cake'; the teen will walk over towards it, but will not blow it out like they normally do; the candles'll go out and the magic begins...

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Scmwantspanelchangedtoc

2. This is how the wants panel should appear...

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Scpsemestertester

3. This is the Semester Tester - shift + click ---> spawn ---> semester tester. It helps your YA's college clock to run down from 72-0 per semester; however, in addition if you have it, you can use the College Adjuster which makes things go faster (for myself, I allow my sims to complete the first half of their semester, then have them take their finals and move onto the next "year" (soph/jr/sr)

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Scmaftercollegeregistra

4. You sim will have a good memory :D

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Scmfunctionalityofsemes

5. Using the 'Semester Tester' you can use it to register, change semesters, etc. Select 'college' --> 'register' and let's register Johnny for his major - Literature

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Scmuipanelformat

6. All done!

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Scmgotoclassautomatical

7. And look! He goes to class autonomously! The thing to remember here though is that depending on the number of students you have in the household, you'll need a semester tester PER STUDENT!

BASE GAME UNIVERSITY

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Bhugoldrecordlotchanger

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Bhuplacensave

1. Find the gold record - which should be located in your 'Decorations' area and put it on a vacant household before moving in the sim you'll be using.

2. If you move a teen out from a family, you'll need the Sim Blender or maybe InSiminator (?) to make them an 'Independent Teen'; however keep in mind that once they move out, they transition right into ADULT - they do not stay a teen! To get them back to their Teen Form, they'll need to be put onto a vacant lot and you'll need to use the Blender to age them BACK DOWN into TEEN! Then make sure they have enough money to move into the lot you've selected. Move them from the vacant lot to the sim bin. Then move them to the designated lot and then the college sendoff movie should play. And they should grow into a YA and their panel should reflect their college semester

3. Once again, to get them through college, use the combination of the 'Semester Tester' / 'College Adjuster'

4. Now if you want a lot to be a dorm, you'll have to change it with the 'changeLotZoning dorm' in order for that to happen and once you do, you can have college peeps move in with you. Also, if you're expecting a chef to come onto the lot like they do in the normal Uni lots, you'll need to use the Shnyny Tyme NPC Anywhere mod.

Last edited by butterflyunion on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah94

Savannah94

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:01 am

This should be cool but I have 1 question if anybody can anwser them since I'm kinda new to this mod here...

Does this mean that a young adult sim can have a pet like dog? (sorry if this is a silly question but I just love the pet EP)
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 am

Savannah94 wrote:
This should be cool but I have 1 question if anybody can anwser them since I'm kinda new to this mod here...

Does this mean that a young adult sim can have a pet like dog? (sorry if this is a silly question but I just love the pet EP)

Well...if they're at their home I guess that wouldn't affect that although they'll only have university wants and whatnot; I haven't tried that myself if they're at a off campus house. Give it a try and see if that options available. The only things I know can't happen during united is having a baby and getting married.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:48 pm

Jean, please forgive me for not responding sooner.
I don't know how I missed this helpful tutorial! How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood 62525

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Sign0173

Thank you for taking the time to share "how to have your kids go to uni w/o using a uni hood".
I appreciate you posting all the images, too, so folks can have the visual.

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Adl4b9a0a12a34e2009890179
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:01 pm

If you do have University, you can use College adjuster by twojeffs at simbology.com to get thru college quick.
You just set a major, then use the college adjuster to move to the final semester. (Do not pass go, but do pass your final courses laughin).
The YA sim is actually at university, but not for long!
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 am

My sims are in and out of college in 30 minutes my time.
I have a mod for that and I use the insiminator which has the education adjuster in it so no muss no fuss!!
I get them in and out without them having to really do anything! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplysimfulcreations.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood   How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood Empty

Back to top Go down

How to have your kids go to Uni without using Uni neighborhood
Page 1 of 1