Ok, well, I went into my game last night and worked through BOTH optionsSQUINGE'S COLLEGE MEGA PACK
1. Buy the 'Squinge's YA Birthday Cake'; the teen will walk over towards it, but will not blow it out like they normally do; the candles'll go out and the magic begins...
2. This is how the wants panel should appear...
3. This is the Semester Tester - shift + click ---> spawn ---> semester tester. It helps your YA's college clock to run down from 72-0 per semester; however, in addition if you have it, you can use the College Adjuster which makes things go faster (for myself, I allow my sims to complete the first half of their semester, then have them take their finals and move onto the next "year" (soph/jr/sr)
4. You sim will have a good memory :D
5. Using the 'Semester Tester' you can use it to register, change semesters, etc. Select 'college' --> 'register' and let's register Johnny for his major - Literature
6. All done!
7. And look! He goes to class autonomously! The thing to remember here though is that depending on the number of students you have in the household, you'll need a semester tester PER STUDENT
!BASE GAME UNIVERSITY
1. Find the gold record - which should be located in your 'Decorations' area and put it on a vacant household before moving in the sim you'll be using.
2. If you move a teen out from a family, you'll need the Sim Blender or maybe InSiminator (?) to make them an 'Independent Teen'; however keep in mind that once they move out, they transition right into ADULT - they do not stay a teen! To get them back to their Teen Form, they'll need to be put onto a vacant lot and you'll need to use the Blender to age them BACK DOWN into TEEN! Then make sure they have enough money to move into the lot you've selected. Move them from the vacant lot to the sim bin. Then move them to the designated lot and then the college sendoff movie should play. And they should grow into a YA and their panel should reflect their college semester
3. Once again, to get them through college, use the combination of the 'Semester Tester' / 'College Adjuster'
4. Now if you want a lot to be a dorm, you'll have to change it with the 'changeLotZoning dorm' in order for that to happen and once you do, you can have college peeps move in with you. Also, if you're expecting a chef to come onto the lot like they do in the normal Uni lots, you'll need to use the Shnyny Tyme NPC Anywhere mod.