Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Toddlers without tears

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Toddlers without tears Empty
PostSubject: Toddlers without tears   Toddlers without tears EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 9:41 am

With the offspring project having our favorite sims procreating like mad, I thought I'd offer some tips about getting through the toddler stage:

This is a must! It's a toddler bed that the toddler can get into and out of without help. No more shaking the crib rail and shrieking like a banshee! affraid

Now for the three things a toddler needs to learn: Use the potty, talk, and walk:

Ideally, the toddler wakes up with a lot of energy, hungry, and with a somewhat full bladder (not overfull, because then the toddler might just go in his/her diaper). Have the parent sim with the best mood - platinum is best - teach the child. Essential are "Smart Milk" and  "Thinking Cap". Make smart milk for the toddler. While the toddler's drinking it empty the potty and put on the thinking cap. Then take the toddler to the potty. When the toddler is done, he may not have learned to use the potty just yet. Go on to teach talking and walking. By now the toddler probably has a little bit in the bladder. Empty the potty and take the toddler back to it. The smart milk effect might have gone away but the thinking cap should still be working. Taking the toddler back to the potty should be enough for her to learn to use the potty.

All three skills learned in a few hours   Toddlers without tears 12612  - one dose of smart milk and the thinking cap. Put the smart milk into the parent's inventory and get whatever use the parent can out of the thinking cap.

For the rest of toddlerhood, fix ordinary milk for the toddler as needed, bathe as needed, etc. The toddler will go to bed and awaken (usually) without any trouble. I'm inclined to have the toddler concentrate on logic and charisma, mechanical can eventually be learned from the bookshelf, and creativity from the easel.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Toddlers without tears   Toddlers without tears EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Some great tips here, thanks Mac!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Toddlers without tears   Toddlers without tears EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks for the tips, Mac. I tend to have my toddlers work almost exclusively on charisma, because this is the only time they will have fun doing it. Unless their parents have one of the work rewards that builds charisma.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Toddlers without tears   Toddlers without tears EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Timing is everything! I didn't get the toddler to the potty on time! Oops! Toddlers without tears 46579 (Among other things, I have autonomy set on, which does create some funny occasions but also can drive the neighborhood administrator nuts! Toddlers without tears 971462 )
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Toddlers without tears   Toddlers without tears EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 am

All really good advice. Thanks, mac.

I have to admit, I save myself tears by usually forgoing the toddler training all together. Once I found it makes no difference in their overall life as to whether they've been taught to walk or talk, I decided not to bother, unless I was doing it to fulfill wants. Sometimes I do potty training just to avoid changing diapers, but only if it's convenient. I want to catch them when their bladders are full to more efficient, but wait too long and they'll throw a fit if you put them on the potty with an empty bladder.

I like to have my toddlers work on charisma too. For me it's because when they're older they can gain creativity and logic autonomously. I hate having to direct them to practice at the mirror. It's so boring (for me as well as for the sim). I think I would mind it less if it was autonomous, but that might just be me.

I've noticed in households that have pets, my toddlers with autonomously sleep in pet beds (and get themselves up) and eat pet food. So if you want to make life any easier and if you can do so without feeling completely negligent (and personally, I think I would) you can let your toddler use the pet items. laughin
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toddlers without tears   Toddlers without tears Empty

Back to top Go down

Toddlers without tears
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Sugah's Community Square :: Sims Schmoozathon-
Jump to: