Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? Empty
PostSubject: Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?   Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 3:14 pm

To our SP Members:

It has been brought to my attention that some of you are getting security alerts when logging into Sugah's Place using Google Chrome, in particular.
(Thank you, Karen, aka Twerplina, for the heads up on this matter.  Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? 940149 )

I have since done a bit of research and have learned this at Forumotion's website:

Dear users,

Since 2016, Google has decided to accelerate the transition to a more secure web by imposing the HTTPS standard.
This is a good thing for Internet users but is really complex to set up technically on big services like Forumotion!  Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? 62525

Google Chrome will display an alert for HTTP pages

Note that since January 2017, Google Chrome browser (version 56) could display a security alert on HTTP pages including a "Password" field. This will be a discrete indication with "Not secure" message that will be displayed in the address bar.

How does this affect Forumotion Forums?

On the discussion forums, members must log in by entering their username and password. This alert will not affect all HTTP pages, but only those that display a "password" field.

For Forumotion forums, this could typically occur on pages with a field asking to enter a password (eg Login widget, Quick login display).

Don't be afraid Having this alert does not mean that your forum is not secure. This is a simple indication dictated by the new standards imposed by the use of a secure connection protocol between the web server that hosts your forum and your web browser.

I hope this bit of information helps.
I am looking into seeing if there is anything in particular that I can do with our forum settings.

Thank you for being here at SP, as always,
Sugah
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?   Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 8:24 pm

I use Chrome, but have not (so far) had an issue like that... bluwhew!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?   Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:54 pm

I haven't had it happen, either. Thanks for letting us know. If it does happen, I won't worry about it!
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?   Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 10:01 am

As you know, I did get this message, but I use Firefox. It's interesting to read the message that Forumotion provided, as it does differ in tone from the one FF gave.

Thanks very much for looking into this, Sugah.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?   Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 6:43 pm

I use firefox, too, and am getting a message. Seems to be no problem, though. I don't use my forumotion PW for any critical sites, anyway.

Word to all: Don't use the same PW for every site, vary them and now and then change them. Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? 898330
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?   Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you receiving security alerts when logging in using Google Chrome?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Welcome to Sugah's Place :: In the News-
Jump to: