Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Hello from an "old" new member!

Go down 
+2
mac
Chicklet45368
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chicklet45368

Hello from an "old" new member! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 11:39 am

Hiya all! I'm TJ, AKA Chicklet! I'm from USA, Ohio to be exact.

It's so very nice to find out you're still open and very much an active Sims 2 site! There's not many TS2 left. Now all there are is blogs and tumbler for TS4 pretty much. That gets boring, I enjoy some interaction with other players.

I used to hang out here years ago but never introduced myself. And I think I downloaded every single beautiful sim that was offered here. Even thru-out the years when I'd get a hankering to play the sims and would re-install my games, I'd always come back here to grab all the pretty ladies you have!

A little about me: I am not new to playing The Sims. I was a creator (well more of a recolor-er, is that even a word? lol) way back when it was just TS1 and had several Yahoo groups with my creations available for downloading. I used to hang out and be an avid contributor at Neighborhood 99 (for those old players who may remember that forum).

I bought all the TS2 games, stuff packs, and expansion packs when they came out and played the game and really liked it, loved owning businesses! And, of course I downloaded all the wonderful CC that was available, but I never learned to recolor, as I was busy with school and working full time.

I played TS3 but it was never my favorite, I didn't like the look of the sims or how laggy it got with the design tool, but I loved that aspect of the game, as well as being able to pick and choose different shoes for different outfits. But, I lost interest in it quick.

I bought TS4 when it came out and hated it! Hated the look of it, it was too cartoonish or something, the worlds were too small, no beaches, the shadows are horrible in the rooms, the windows don't light up a room, the furniture is very blockish (and not only that, there's hardly anybody that creates "new objects" anymore, how it's just conversions basically ... I could go on and on!

LOL I slowly got used to it because there was no lag compared to TS3 and it loaded fast. I learned to recolor TS4 items, do conversions, and even started doing very simple meshing of objects but I found myself converting TS2 things and didn't realize how much I actually missed playing it until I loaded my game up again. So, I decided to quit torturing myself trying to convert things to make TS4 more enjoyable and just to recolor and design TS2 things instead!

Anyway, I'm hoping to find a "home" here that I can interact, get to know everybody, and share my creations with anybody who wants them.

Happy Simming!

- Chicklet
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello from an "old" new member! 231655984

And... TS2 forever! I looked forward to TS3, bought it, installed it, tried it, hated it, uninstalled it, and only have a plumb-bob data stick to show for it. Burned once, I didn't even buy TS4, just got the Prima (or whatever) hint book and that was enough!

Welcome, or welcome back. I do agree with you about all of the beautiful (and a few handsome) simmies that have been contributed to this site. That plus it's a great non-flaming social site as well. Nice people - family! Posting about both Sims and RL. For beautiful simfemmes, you should also check out http://lowi-sims2stuff.blogspot.com/

(I was born in Cincinnati but left at the age of 2, then spent ages 5-7 in Cleveland. Most of my life in MA, but now in MN)
Back to top Go down
Chicklet45368

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Nice to meet you, Mac! And, ty for the warm welcome! I'm sure I'll talk to you more as I get to know everybody Hello from an "old" new member! 12612
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptyFri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Hiiiiiiiiii Chicklet!!! Hello from an "old" new member! 692765 Hello from an "old" new member! 3584432080

I'm Toni!

That is the best 'come back to TS2' story evah!!!! laughin sunny

I dabbled in TS4 but I didn't like the no proper individual memories thing, and there were too many things to get done.  I felt really harried playing.  

I was an original Sims player and then started playing TS2 when it first came out.  I have been playing the same families since the beginning (though I did have to re-do my hood from scratch a few times.  I just re-created them).  I am so attached!!! Hello from an "old" new member! 508493

I recently started dabbling with recolouring, but my main thing is sharing lots and simmies.  So pleased you like our stuff!  Please feel free to jump into any of the ongoing conversations and contests and other games...and you can share pix and stories of what's going on in your game in THIS section.

Looking forward to seeing you around these parts!!!  Hello from an "old" new member! 12612

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Welcome back, Chicklet! I'm always excited to find another person who loves TS2 as much I do, and Sugah's Place is the best group of people! I liked hearing about how you came back to TS2. I started with TS1, and had barely learned about custom content and how to download it when 2 came out and I was hooked.

Hello from an "old" new member! 442241
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Hey Chicklet! Welcome Hello from an "old" new member! 837249

Its great here -you will Looooooove it im sure.
Fair warning - Toni is the Max! She will have you strung out on downloading - everytime I sign up for rehab... smh... kidding girlwinkin

see ya 'round!
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi Chicklet. Welcome to SP! While I live in Canada now, I did live in Dayton for 4 years as a kid. I loved it!

I'm a die-hard TS2 player, although I've had periods where the game has sat idle. I always try to clean up my downloads, organize the clothing etc., but then I just stop and play the game, and play and play. As a result, I've never finished organizing any of it. But I really enjoy it.

I look forward to seeing you around the site.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptyThu May 18, 2017 6:49 am

twerplina wrote:
I always try to clean up my downloads, organize the clothing etc., but then I just stop and play the game, and play and play. As a result, I've never finished organizing any of it.

Story of my life! laughin
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! EmptyThu May 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Mine, too! To make it worse, I just keep downloading more. laughin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from an "old" new member!   Hello from an "old" new member! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from an "old" new member!
Page 1 of 1