Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cher64

Cher64

Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia Empty
PostSubject: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Is there a way to make the game use some other names besides Adalia and Adam??? laughin Actually, I have multiples of some other names as well, such as Abigail and Abraham, but I have over a dozen each of Adalia and Adam. I've googled it several times, but either it doesn't exist or I don't know the proper search terms to use.

I started my game without the noregen mods because I wanted some game-generated townies and dormies. I've added them now, but I'd say there's still an 85% chance any game-generated character is going be named either Adalia or Adam.

I looked at how to rename them and saw that I shouldn't use SimPE because it would break references. I used Sim Blender, one of the two suggested ways that wouldn't cause errors, but I think it still caused enough errors to corrupt my game. I had to go back to an earlier backup and things are running smoothly again, so I'm sure it was related to the renaming of too many characters. The batbox was the other suggested method, but now I'm a little afraid to try it. laughin
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 2:41 pm

If You haven't done so already I would remove the groups.cache file when changing out mods. It will regenerate when the game starts back up. It keeps track of custom content and sometimes get corrupted.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that the custom name mod your using wasn't made properly.

I myself have not used the Batbox for renaming sims, I have used it for other things and it works fine for me.

Finally the Sim Blender shouldn't corrupt the neighborhood. If by some strange reason it is, You always try my Sim manipulator here.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 10:18 pm

Thanks, Aaron.

I actually remove the groups.cache and accessories.cache every time I get out of the game because I used to have problems launching the game when I left them in.

I created the live file using a string file that was then imported into SimPe. I used the process described by Jordi at MTS in the comments section of this download: https://modthesims.info/d/110889/altered-default-npc-and-townie-names.html. I did notice, looking back at it, that someone in comment #77 describes a similar experience with the names being clustered around the A section of the alphabet. Nearly all my dupes are A names. I have 6 Abigails, 6 Abrahams, 4 Adaras, 12 Adalias, and 14 Adams. laughin So the naming glitch is probably a function of the process by which I made the file. I also noticed tonight that I have a Prof. Anson Hanson! I will never change his name; it's awesome.  Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia 598258

I've never had a problem with the Batbox before, or with Sim Manipulator, which I do have. This is my first time using Sim Blender in my game, but I don't think it's the mod itself that caused the corruption that was kicking me out of my game. I've been playing this particular game for over a year and not had a problem after using any of those mods.

The corruption happened in a Uni lot I was playing, a lot I have played in more than one game with no problems. There are two things I did that I think may have caused the corruption, but I'm not sure. One was to use Sim Blender to change about a dozen names, and maybe it was too many changes at one time. Supposedly using Sim Blender changes the references associated with the name being changed while changing the names in SimPE does not. Would Sim Manipulator change the references as well?

The only other thing I did that I don't usually do was use MATY's College Timer and leave it on the lot. I usually only use it to sync schedules and then delete it, but this time I left it in the dorm while I sent my sims off to community lots.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 2:21 am

Yes the Sim Manipulator updates name references as well.

I just thought of something else You may wish to try. As I am sure You're aware sometimes the random generator for the game is not so random. Usually it's only when You first boot the game up. It's mostly associated with the first born issue(later siblings look alike and have the same personality as the first born). The easiest way to see if that is the issue is to go into CAS and create a few random sims(the sims do not have to be kept). Just be aware this only affects newly created townies, NPC, and ETC.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 12:07 pm

Ooh, great idea on the random generator. I never thought of that. I only do it when I have a sim close to giving birth. I'll try that. It may be a while before I know if it works; it depends on how often my game generates new sims. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 2:12 pm

I was going to say you must have a custom name mod, because I don't think I've ever seen those names in my game before. I tend to get a lot of Amins and Alons in my neighborhood, especially in empty apartments. That fits with the abundance of A names.

I can't comment on corruption. I think at some point or another I have done all of the things you are not supposed to do. It's a miracle my game is functional. laughin
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 3:48 pm

Em, I have so many mods and hacks in my game I'm like you, amazed my game still works!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia   Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia Empty

Back to top Go down

Adalia and Adam, Adam and Adalia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Welcome to Sugah's Place :: Questions & Comments-
Jump to: