Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

One Person's Playing Tips by Mac

Go down 
+2
Astral Faery
mac
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Refrigerators in old lots   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:18 am

If, like me, you recycle old lots - moving families out of starter homes into larger homes as they get simoleans or have children - then reusing the now empty starter lot for a new starter family, you should be aware of this.

When you move a new family into the (old) starter lot, of course you'll install a fridge. The good news - whatever leftovers that the old family didn't consume are now in that fridge. The bad news - the "new" fridge won't have its full contents, and could run out at an awkward moment. Some things you should have the new family do right away: 1) Do a "Get Leftovers" even if you aren't eating right away - just to see what's in there. 2)Do a "Check Contents" to see how soon you need to replenish the fridge.

Simply put, the contents of the fridge, both prepared foods, and available contents are stored with the lot, not the fridge.

Alas, no narfing smilies... One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 97206
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Increasing/Decreasing Bolts   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 am

The lightning bolts between two sims can be variable... If a sim likes a good cook and the other gets cooking skill, bolts might increase (I think the critical level is 6).
Likewise, if a sim dislikes fitness and the other gets more body, the bolts might decrease.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:50 am

Yes, it is possible to increase chemistry this way. There are many other factors that affect chemistry as well - Cyjon did an in-depth study on this and it's actually quite interesting.
You can read about it here.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Thanks for the link, Ari One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 243713 Fascinating stuff there!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Just discovered something interesting... As many of you know, I'm married to a dancing girl, so I have a lot of dancing girls in my 'hood. In particular I have Alessandra Ferri and Gillian Murphy sharing a house. (To see them, go to Mac's hood). In point of fact, the dancing girl in my life is also a dancer in my 'hood. One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 508493

Anyway, Alessandra and Gillian started out with 2 "Basic Barre" - in front of a mirror, of course. Then Alessandra got promoted to level 6 and was able to get the "Better Barre" as a career award. It allows not only "warm up" available on the basic barre, but "Ballet Exercises" as well. So I had Alessandra go to her new barre and do ballet exercises. To my surprise, Gillian was able to do ballet exercises on the basic barre! So it seems that the Better Barre passes its bonus on to any barre on the lot. (I've also noticed that a sim completing the highest level in the music and dance hobby can also do ballet exercises on the basic barre - regardless of whether a better barre is there or not.)

So all of you get out there dancing! One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 247485
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Quote :
So it seems that the Better Barre passes its bonus on to any barre on the lot.

That's good information, Mac. One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 21650

ThanksforSharing

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
eliseluong

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:06 pm

How interesting!  I too do not play my sims to torture them, I help them to succeed in life. When they are happy, I am happy.  

I read your post, I also use similar tricks to help them achieve platinum mood.  If you have OFB or BV, it is even easier to help sims to fulfill the life time want of making 100,000 simoleons.  How?  I direct my sims to purchase the cheapest vacation home using the phone, which is about 18,000 (or less I believed), and then immediately sale it, you got a refund back, no depreciation what so ever, the neat thing is that, the game registered in the sims' memory of just making 18,000; my sims then purchase the same property again, and resale it again, this time she has just made a total of 36,000 simoleons (in game terms).  I then repeat the process 4 more times, because every time you buy and sale real estate, the refund was treated as your income (ha..ha..), after completing the number 6th sale, my sims will get her life time permanent platinum mood.  

I used the same trick to help all my new fortune sims, they achieve their life time want in just a few hours immediately after moving into a starter home.  

Did anyone use the same trick?

Last edited by eliseluong on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:43 pm

eliseluong wrote:
If you have OFB or BV, it is even easier to help sims to fulfill the life time want of making 100,000 simoleons.  How?  I direct my sims to purchase the cheapest vacation home using the phone, which is about 18,000 (or less I believed), and then immediately sale it, you got a refund back, no depreciation what so ever, the neat thing is that, the game registered in the sims' memory of just making 18,000; my sims then purchase the same property again, and resale it again, this time she has just made a total of 36,000 simoleons (in game terms).  I then repeat the process 4 more times, because every time you buy and sale real estate, the refund was treated as your income (ha..ha..), after completing the number 6th sale, my sims will get her life time permanent platinum mood.  

I used the same trick to help all my new fortune sims, they achieve their life time want in just a few house immediately after moving into a starter home.  

I think a lot of people were using a trick similar to this around 2008 (not in the sims...) One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 97206
Back to top Go down
eliseluong

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:50 pm

But then a lot of people didn't get their life time permanent platinum mood, and worse, ended up broke in 2010.  Sims game is better, my sims never go broke.

Last edited by eliseluong on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Touche! One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 940149 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for sharing in here, Elise.

Elise wrote:
No, I never have before, but it's a great idea!
Thank you for sharing!

Elise wrote:
But then a lot of people didn't get their life time permanent platinum mood, and worse, ended up broke in 2010.
One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 99672 
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
eliseluong

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:23 pm

mac wrote:
Touche! One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 940149 
Hi mac, I hope my 'no negative investing return mod' is useful in your game, and thanks for more game playing tips.:)

The overall negative investing return has been bothering me for years, to counteract that my sims constantly do job hopping to get the promotion bonus. I also used custom careers that have higher pay and better chance cards than maxis'. I didn't use Monique's Hacked Computer or other financial related mods. If the daily investing return at 4PM was ridiculously negative, I would change the clock back to 3PM and tried again, it often took 3 or 4 attempts to break even.

Before the sims kids moved to college, their parents would stuff tons of expensive sculptures in the kids' backpacks (or inventory), which can be sold for simoleons at college. When they graduated and moved back to the neighborhood, they would have more than enough money to buy any house they want.

When I introduced new sims to the game from CAS, my existing sims would help them by making friends to them (when the new sims are still in the sims bin), then use the give gift action to give each new sim a full set of start up gears, which usually includes 2 jars of elixer of life, career reward skill gaining objects, thinking caps, a genie lamp, and 6 expensive sculptures. New comers get lots of help from the locals, hardly anyone has to start at ground zero anymore. Glad to know your new sims also get similar help from the locals in your neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 6:41 am

Worthwhile knowing about... If you have Freetime installed there are some instances where you can get a double bonus. Here Ari's Miranda Moon (just starting in her career as a pirate - which requires a lot of cooking skill) was fortunate enough to have Gerard Depardieu as a welcoming visitor. He has high cooking skill and "Impart Knowledge" as part of his (secondary) Knowledge Aspiration Benefit. She asked him (Ask\For Knowledge) for instruction in cooking. She gained cooking skill points and relationship points at the same time. By the end, she had both another cooking skill point and a new friend. If the sim is the giver of instruction, then use the (Talk\Impart Knowledge) social.
One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 DepardieuTeachingMoon_zps79d22913
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Person's Playing Tips by Mac   One Person's Playing Tips by Mac - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

One Person's Playing Tips by Mac
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next