Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Changing Community Lots To Residential

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

Changing Community Lots To Residential Empty
PostSubject: Changing Community Lots To Residential   Changing Community Lots To Residential EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 9:27 am

I found these on another website and thought I'd post them here and yes these work because I tried it out last night in my story hood and they worked just fine!

1. Open the cheat window - ctrl + alt + c

2. type in 'changeLotZoning residential'

3. save and exit to the neighborhood view

4. Re-enter the lot and open the cheat window once more only this time type in 'moveObjects on'

5. delete the community pay phone and community trash can and replace them with the residential trash can and mailbox

6. Open the cheat window once more and type in 'moveObjects off'

7. save and exit to the neighborhood view

8. Now when you point the arrow over the building, it'll give you a regular price like a regular house and it'll tell you 'For Sale' instead of telling you that it's a community lot

If anyone needs screenshots of how this is done, let me know and I'll be happy to make some! :)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Changing Community Lots To Residential   Changing Community Lots To Residential EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 5:36 pm

If you hadn't tried this yourself successfully, Jean, I'd be worried about step 5: Delete the community pay phone and community trash can and replace them with the residential trash can and mailbox.

It's actually safe to delete the community pay phone and trash can?
I always get worried about doing things like this.
Seems I remember hearing horror stories about removing them.

Would love to see images, if you'd care to post a few.

ThankUforSharing

Last edited by Sugah on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Changing Community Lots To Residential   Changing Community Lots To Residential EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Sugah wrote:
If you hadn't tried this yourself successfully, Jean, I'd be worried about step 5: Delete the community pay phone and community trash can and replace them with the residential trash can and mailbox.

It's actually safe to delete the community pay phone and trash can?
I always get worried about doing things like this.

Would love to see images, if you'd care to share!

Hello madam. Yes, it's safe. All you need to do is make sure you have a replacement box and trash can, which you can get from here: http://daydream.etowns.net/ Just click on their "Sims 2" button b/c it defaults to sims 3 stuff when you first look at it and then click on where it says "Hacks/Mods" and it's the 2nd item down.

I'll do some images later; just got in the door after a hectic, hectic day, whew! Changing Community Lots To Residential 214265
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Visual Tutorial Time!   Changing Community Lots To Residential EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 am

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool1
This is the building that'll be used to demonstrate the change from commercial to residential

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool2
As you can see, it is commercial currently - as it should be

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool3
Here's another defining factor to let you know a lot is commercial - the trash can and lot phone. This is part of what you need to change, but we'll get to that soon.

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool4
First though, do Ctrl + Alt + C to bring up the cheat dialogue box at the bop of your screen and input the following cheat

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool17
Save the lot and return to the neighborhood view

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool8
If you touch your arrow to the lot this time, you'll notice that it's changed to a price instead of telling the lot name like it did before, and it says that the lot is for sale as if it's regular real estate. Re-enter the lot.

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool10
Remember what I said before about changing the phone and trash can? Now is the time. First things first, open up the cheat dialogue box again and input this cheat.

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool11
I'm sure you're wondering what purpose this has. Well, remember - you've changed the lot to a RESIDENTIAL and what do residential lots usually have on them? A mailbox and a trashcan! However, we need to get rid of the current items. Select the phone and delete it. Yes, it's perfectly OK to do this :) Repeat the action with the trashcan.

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool12
Next, go to your misc/misc category in your catelog until you see a replaceable trashcan and mailbox

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool14
As you can see from the picture of the mailbox, there's a website listed there where I obtained these. These are not part of the default game.

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool13

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool15

Now place them on the front of the lot about where the others were. Save and exit out to the neighborhood view again. Now to test this out that it is really residential, I have some test subjects selected...

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool16a

Changing Community Lots To Residential Tutorialctrschool18

As you can see, it's fully functional as a residential lot as if it were a house for your sims. This is especially helpful to storytellers like it did me like so:

Changing Community Lots To Residential Ep2schoolscene110a

Changing Community Lots To Residential Ep2schoolscene11a

Changing Community Lots To Residential Ep2schoolscene15a

Changing Community Lots To Residential Ep2schoolscene21a

Changing Community Lots To Residential Ep2schoolscene24a

It was much easier for me to shoot those scenes with the lot being this way :) There are other purposes for doing this, but what those are is up to you. I just gave you a little nudge ^_~* Have fun!

Last edited by butterflyunion on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : broken images)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Changing Community Lots To Residential   Changing Community Lots To Residential EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:30 pm

wow!

Isn't this something?!?
The lot plays perfectly with no glitches?
How neat that our Sims can live on any community lot!

Changing Community Lots To Residential 534790

Thank you so much for posting a step by step version with images, Jean.
I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Quote :
Oh look! I already have a group picked out! How convenient.

Changing Community Lots To Residential 683951
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Changing Community Lots To Residential   Changing Community Lots To Residential EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Sugah wrote:
wow!

Isn't this something?!?
The lot plays perfectly with no glitches?
How neat that our Sims can live on any community lot!

Changing Community Lots To Residential 534790

Thank you so much for posting a step by step version with images, Jean.
I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Quote :
Oh look! I already have a group picked out! How convenient.

Changing Community Lots To Residential 683951

Mind you these lots are for storytelling purposes only so no actual playing outside of that but yes they seem to work fine other wise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing Community Lots To Residential   Changing Community Lots To Residential Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing Community Lots To Residential
Page 1 of 1