Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Its a Joy to be here

Go down 
+4
Ullwera
Astral Faery
mac
joyousjoy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joyousjoy

joyousjoy

Its a Joy to be here Empty
PostSubject: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi all, dancintrio

I am Jöy from the UK and I thought it about time that I introduced myself and said Hello and thank you to all of the talented people on here who create so many wonderful sim creations.
I have been lurking in the shadows of this site since August 2011 which is the last time that I played the Sims - unfortunately due to my computer breaking I lost all of my sims 2 downloads (over 10gb worth) plus all of my houses and simmies etc etc - very annoying as most of the sites that I got the content from seems to have disappeared. verklempt
I was that disheartened by this that I have boycotted the game since then and have only just decided to come back - the decision to do this was due to Sugah sending me the most recent email and me seeing the beautiful sims made by ilikefishfood - gorgeous!

I have to say that I have been tempted with sims 3, the body shaping tool really appeals but until now, I haven't been very impressed with the look of the sims in the game - the faces don't appear very realistic. Maybe there will be some amazing custom content out soon which will knock my socks off but until then I am remaining faithful to the sims 2. Its a Joy to be here 940149

I love to build, most of my time on the sims 2 is used for this, so hopefully I will get some houses made and get them put up on here.
I mostly like mid century modern design including modernist houses.

I am in love with vintage clothes and design - so sad that most of my downloads of vintage 50s/60s stuff have now disappeared. Its a Joy to be here 503793

I have just decided that I will re-upload the game and start to collect some custom content again.

So, thanks again for all of your wonderful custom content and I will hopefully become a talker and not a lurker in the future.

Jöy Its a Joy to be here 762448
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Joy,

Welcome to the site (as a login member, anyway). Sorry to hear about your losing so much. As old computer hands say (and I qualify - wrote my first program in 1961) it's not if your hard disk dies, but when. If you feel icy fingers closing around your heart, you should. Backup, backup, backup!

Having stated the obvious, I'll give you a list of a lot of Sims2 (and sometimes Sims1 and Sims3 as well) sites that I have used for content since 2006. Many of them prune older stuff, but still...

www.modthesims.info - Among the best of them all, although it was much better before Sims3 arrived.
www.milanosims2.com - Her site is still up. She was an immensely talented clothing designer but has left the sims for web design. I can only imagine the web pages she designs! wow!

www.parsimonious.org/sims2.html - lots of clothing etc. tends toward the fantastic

www.annamariasims2.com/index.php - lots of great clothing, including some of Milano's designs as well, also sims

www.simstr.net - a Turkish site. I've used it mainly to download pre-made sims.

www.sugahsplace.forumotion.net/t136-the-link-exchange-affiliates-and-friends - from this site here!

www.sims2graveyard.com - don't know much about this site, but it might include some of the sites you used to visit.

Most of us on this site have given up on Sims3, for a variety of reasons, including some of those you mentioned. It looked so good, but...

Welcome, anyway, to this site. You will find that in addition to great downloads (primarily sims and lots) that it is a lively and loving social site.
Its a Joy to be here 34872

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Welcome, Joy! We are glad to have you aboard.

I am glad you came back to Sims 2, it is such a great game because there are so many different ways to play it - or not play it - some people use it for creating things only. I, myself, have almost completely converted my game to a medieval setting, with replacements for just about everything in the game.

I think you'll find that many of us here agree with you about Sims 3. For me, none of the new features and perks can make up for the way Sims 3 sims look - like you said, unrealistic; I find them doughy and uninspiring. I'll be sticking with Sims 2 until Sims 4 comes out - if there is such a thing - and even then, it depends on how it's done. laughin
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 am

Its a Joy to be here 231655984 Joy!

I do like to play, it seems that the most of my time goes for recolouring stuff. That is fun.
I do some building too. I think I have much to learn still, I´m improving.

I hope you will enjoy your game again and have fun like we have here att Sugah´s.

blinkinhearts Ulli
Back to top Go down
joyousjoy

joyousjoy

PostSubject: Thanks   Its a Joy to be here EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the links.

I have started my downloading of custom content again so fingers crossed I can find most of the things that I lost.

Its a Joy to be here 765640

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Its a Joy to be here 442241 Its a Joy to be here 231655984 Its a Joy to be here 34872 Its a Joy to be here 247485
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:56 am

Its a Joy to be here 5ce2f806
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 am

Its a Joy to be here 954479 Its a Joy to be here 442241 Its a Joy to be here 34872
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Jöy, please forgive my delay in responding to your post.
Thank you for introducing yourself. It's nice to meet you. Its a Joy to be here 868736

Quote :
...thank you to all of the talented people on here who create so many wonderful sim creations.

You are most welcome and thank you for the lovely compliment.
I am blessed to have such a talented creative team and could never do this without them.

Jöy wrote:
...most of the sites that I got the content from seems to have disappeared.
I was that disheartened by this that I have boycotted the game since then and have only just decided to come back - the decision to do this was due to Sugah sending me the most recent email and me seeing the beautiful sims made by ilikefishfood - gorgeous!

Yes, it is a shame that many Sims sites have disappeared through the years.
Keep in mind, there are still sites out there like The Sims 2 Graveyard that continue to host downloads from closed sites.
I am thinking you may be able to recover some of your lost items there, provided you remember the name of the site where you first found the downloads.

I am most grateful that Toni's (aka ilikfishfood) gorgeous Sims inspired you to return the wonderful world of TS2, That's awesome and I have no doubt, Toni is pleased to have her lovely models prompt your return.

Ari wrote:
For me, none of the new features and perks can make up for the way Sims 3 sims look - like you said, unrealistic; I find them doughy and uninspiring.

Its a Joy to be here 4322 Its a Joy to be here 147390

Jöy wrote:
I love to build, most of my time on the sims 2 is used for this, so hopefully I will get some houses made and get them put up on here.
I mostly like mid century modern design including modernist houses.

I am always appreciative of gifts from members.
To learn more about submitting your creations, please check out THIS thread.

BTW, I do not offer much (if any at all) vintage stuff here.
However, if that is your preference, and you have trouble finding it elsewhere, I DO take requests
HERE.
And HERE are the guidelines.
I will be happy to oblige, if it is within my power. Its a Joy to be here 940149

Quote :
I have just decided that I will re-upload the game and start to collect some custom content again.

So, thanks again for all of your wonderful custom content and I will hopefully become a talker and not a lurker in the future.

YAY!!! dancintrio
That's wonderful, Jöy, and we are happy to have you here with us.
We'd LOVE it if you'd become more of a talker and not just a lurker moving forward. Its a Joy to be here 687310

FYI:
To make downloading easy for our members here at Sugah's, I have been diligently working on updating all of our indexes.
Soon, in every download category, you will be able to see a preview image of all our creations.
This will enable you to browse through our "catalogs" much more quickly, easily and efficiently.
It should make for a far better downloading experience.

For example, looking for a living room set? Check out our current selection HERE
Wish to find an ethnic beauty from some far off, exotic land? See what's available HERE.

In each download section, you will find the indexes stickied to the top of that section.
I am currently working on The Modeling Agency ones and have not started the Maxis recolors indexes yet. But the rest should be completely updated for your perusal. Its a Joy to be here 940149

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Thank you for being here with us at Sugah's Place.

Its a Joy to be here 954479
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its a Joy to be here   Its a Joy to be here Empty

Back to top Go down

Its a Joy to be here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Welcome to Sugah's Place :: Getting to know you-
Jump to: