Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Hi from NYC

Go down 
+12
soloaris
CallyDreaming
Hobbes
ressydm
clc
Ullwera
LabCat
Vera
deekitty31
Hunter
Sugah
autumnelle
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Hi from NYC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 am

Hi from NYC - Page 2 243713 Another big thank you and congrats goes out to Elle Baby for her dedication and participation here at Sugah's. Hi from NYC - Page 2 790471

I don't know how we ever got so lucky as to have you stick around and play with us, my friend, but I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915 Congrats on 700 posts! WOW! Awesome! Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:05 am

Hi from NYC - Page 2 Blush

Thanks so much, Sugah. I am glad you like having me around because I plan to be here for as long as I am able. I just love it here; you have created a forum that makes everyone feel like #1.

Hi from NYC - Page 2 154182
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 8:10 am

Awww...thank you, my friend. Music to my ears.

Last edited by Sugah on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:52 pm

If I haven't said this to you in all of our joking and my Egomaniac game posts -

I'm glad you're here. You make this place so joyful and fun Elle. The best thing is brains behind humor and you just ooze it Girl.

Hi from NYC - Page 2 319331 Hi from NYC - Page 2 508493 Hi from NYC - Page 2 284699

Now.......about having approximately 100 more posts than me......... Hi from NYC - Page 2 971462 Don't make me go all Jackie Chan on you! Hi from NYC - Page 2 128862
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Hunter, I have never told you this, but you played a big part in me coming out of my forum shell, particularly with this:

Hunter from Hunter's Den wrote:
I even encountered notable site owners that weren't very nice. One in
particular riducled my pictures (I used the in-game camera). I was
feeling a bit discouraged when I came across Planet the Sims. They
offered me hosting for my site and a community with other Simmers that
were kind, encouraging and helpful. In particular, one whom I met I
found to be a kindred spirit. I'm happy and proud to say that person is
Sugah.

I felt like I was reading my own experiences. Although I never created, I always seemed to run across people with bad attitudes, people that ridiculed you just for asking questions, and made mean comments for no reason. It just made the forums an unpleasant place to go. After a while I would just download, perhaps thank the creator and leave; basically keep my distance. It was really frustrating for me; everyone I know in real life are either academics with no interest in anything technological or into other games and stuff all together; I longed to have other simmers to talk to and connect with.

When I read your post, and coupled that with Sugah's spirit I decided to take a chance. In doing so, I not only found one place to hang out and yak about sims, but three. Between Sugah's Place, Simply Edward and Basic...for Sims, I have found the nurturing community that I have always searched for. Thanks so much!
Hi from NYC - Page 2 405831

Hunter wrote:
Now.......about having approximately 100 more posts than me......... Hi from NYC - Page 2 971462 Don't make me go all Jackie Chan on you!

Hi from NYC - Page 2 27Hi from NYC - Page 2 27Hi from NYC - Page 2 27Hi from NYC - Page 2 27Hi from NYC - Page 2 27
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Okay now I'm done freaking crying Elle!

Hi from NYC - Page 2 678648

Thank you for telling me you joined partly because of me. That touches me so much Elle. I'm also touched that you'd gone through similar experiences with other forums. I'm not happy that you went through that - but I'm beginning to think it was meant to happen. Maybe it was a series of events to bring us all together. Hi from NYC - Page 2 12612

I never took part in forums until Planet the Sims and meeting Sugah. I had ran into the same things - rude people, cattyness, ridicule. I found it all unnecessary but sad, because I love the creations so much. It often made me wonder if some of those uber creators EVER messed anything up or had taken poor quality screen shots. Some acted as if they were born with Sms 2 and Photoshop and meshing abilities in hand. It drove me nuts so I stayed away.

Sugah was creative and warm and funny - so smart and welcoming. I kept coming back to PTS because of her.

Somewhere along the line I decided to start my forum, but I vowed to never have a place where people were uncomfortable to go. I don't understand cruelty, meanness or intolerance. Everyone is welcomed to my forum and everyone is entitled to feel safe and happy there. Everyone. If one person violates that - they'll be gone faster than they can sneeze a pepper flake. I won't tolerate it. There's enough hate out in the world and the Sims 2 is supposed to be about fun. I prefer to be around like-minded people and I've been blessed - especially with Sugah. Through her I've met Ed, Em, Ulli and Ari who are also marvellous friends of our forums and of us.

Now I know this isn't my forum, but I think Sugah and I feel the same about the way we choose to run our forums. They're fun places, comfy places - nurturing as you said - places where no one needs to worry about being hurt or ridiculed.

You are an amazing addition to this forum and through it I'm so happy and blessed to have met you. When you came over to Basic I was so happy and your presence there has just reaffirmed by initial thoughts of you.

Thanks for making me tear up in the good way. Hi from NYC - Page 2 70330
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 11:09 pm

Oh, for crying outloud! It's a damn good thing I am NOT wearing mascara tonight, let me tell you both.
Jeez!!!

Thank you, Elle and Hunter, for what you have said in your posts.
I do not even need to elaborate, only to say I have felt what both of you have endured in the Sims community.
I do not understand such attitudes and have most assuredly read my share of posts by rude, insensitive, pompous Simmers and/or creators.

For the gracious, thoughtful, lovely words you have bestowed upon me, I am most grateful and appreciative.
It has always been my intention to create a place of comfort and pleasantness, where people are treated with kindness and consideration,
just as Hunter has said.

Back in the 90s, I had a very successful Yahoo Group in which women from all walks of life would share their worries and pain, problems and woes.
I welcomed all, but like Hunter stated, would not tolerate inconsideration or rudeness.
What did Lady H say? ... They'd be gone faster than they can sneeze a pepper flake. laughin I love it!
It was crucial to me then as it is now, to maintain a place of comfort and solace, as I have said.
And if we have a blast schmoozing about our beloved Sims along the way ... WOO HOO! Jackpot!!!

I am blessed to have several warm, loyal, devoted, bright, beautiful, fun members here and always, always, grateful for your wonderful presence.

Thank you for all you contribute to my little place. I am more appreciative than you could ever know.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915 A big congrats to our own dear Elle for over 1000 posts! Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915
Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaa!!!
I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again...
Your presence here is such a blessing, my friend. I am grateful for your devotion to Sugah's Place and all that you bring to our little forum.
Thank you so much for becoming such an important, special part of this little family. I am so very appreciative and most thankful for you, dear lady.
Hi from NYC - Page 2 790471 Hi from NYC - Page 2 981739 Hi from NYC - Page 2 790471
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:59 am

Thank you so much, Sugah. You have really made my day!

Hi from NYC - Page 2 713947 Hi from NYC - Page 2 154182 Hi from NYC - Page 2 713947
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Everyday I find you in here, you have made MY day, Elle. I mean that, my friend. Hi from NYC - Page 2 284699
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:30 am

Hi from NYC - Page 2 145303
Back to top Go down
CallyDreaming

CallyDreaming

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915 Hi from NYC - Page 2 981739 Hi from NYC - Page 2 790471 Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915

Wow elle hon, congrats on 1000 posts!!! Hope i keep seeing you here. you help make sugah's a fun, active place here!
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Thank you, Cally! You are such a doll. Hi from NYC - Page 2 678648
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi from NYC - Page 2 Moonprincess

Happy Birthday my Ella! Hi from NYC - Page 2 817176

Hi from NYC - Page 2 247485 Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915 Hi from NYC - Page 2 981739 Hi from NYC - Page 2 366915 Hi from NYC - Page 2 247485

Have the best of all days, and may all your wishes come true!
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:51 am

Congratulations on the little prince! Hi from NYC - Page 2 912276

Hi from NYC - Page 2 436911f244495a62_67993097

I'm so happy you made it, What a treasure!

Good Luck to both you and the baby, my girl!

Hi from NYC - Page 2 Blomma1
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:20 pm

How lovely of you to remember our dear Elle's birthday AND leave such warm congrats on her brand new baby boy, Jackie!
You are truly a dear and I know she'll appreciate the well wishes here as well as the baby congrats in the "What's Goin' on in Your World" thread by our other forum friends.
Thank you, good sir. You are a true gem. Hi from NYC - Page 2 817176

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:51 am

Happy Birthday to both you and new baby, Elle! Hope you are both doing splendidly. Hi from NYC - Page 2 578473
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 am

Jackie, you are so sweet. Thank you for recognizing both my birthday and Cole's arrival. It really made my morning.

Ari wrote:
Happy Birthday to both you and new baby, Elle! Hope you are both doing splendidly. Hi from NYC - Page 2 578473

Hi from NYC - Page 2 243713

I have signed on several times during the past week only to have to have to abandon it in lieu of household duties. I am glad to finally be able to post my appreciation for all the good wishes I have received from you all.

Hi from NYC - Page 2 367799
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Welcome back, dear one. I've missed your presence here terribly! Hi from NYC - Page 2 284699
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi from NYC - Page 2 678648
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 am

Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Elle Belle

Hi from NYC - Page 2 B_day026
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 am

You beat me to it, Jen! I was just logging on to wish our Elle the same...

---

Hi from NYC - Page 2 HbbfByYankee

I am wishing you every good thing and all the joy and love your heart can hold, dear lady.
I don't need to tell you how special you are and how much our relationship means to me.
I remain honored to know you and call you "my friend".

Have a wonderful birthday!!!

blinkinhearts Much love, big hugs & sloppy smooches
blinkinhearts

Hi from NYC - Page 2 338947 Hi from NYC - Page 2 338947 Hi from NYC - Page 2 338947

Back to top Go down
Nonni

Nonni

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 am

Happy Birthday to Autumnelle!

Hi from NYC - Page 2 022
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi from NYC - Page 2 Images4-1

Hi from NYC - Page 2 159351 Elle!!! Hi from NYC - Page 2 981739
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Thank you so much, guys! Hi from NYC - Page 2 701517

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NYC   Hi from NYC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from NYC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Welcome to Sugah's Place :: Getting to know you-
Jump to: