Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... Empty
PostSubject: Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...   Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:50 pm

While searching for something else in the game I happen to stumble upon some new cheats and shortcuts, Or at least I think they are new. I couldn't find any information for them online.

Here are the shortcuts:
Control + Shift + M   Subtracts 10,000 from current family's funds, If held down will continue to do this.
Control + Alt + M      Adds 10,000 to current family's funds, If held down will continue to do this.
Control + U              User Interface browser, Will allow you to see what UI elements the game is currently using. It's also used for debugging all controls(like the Save button) and basically allows you to set whether a certain control can be used at the time. It will not make any permanent changes to the UI, Will reset when entering or exiting lots.
Control + Shift + W   Will display all objects on current lot as wireframe(except roofs, walls, floors, and UI)
Shift + W                   Similar to wireframe but is different.
Control + Shift + L     Will cause the current lot to be reloaded from last save(As if you clicked on house from neighborhood)
Control + Shift + S     Displays a frame rate tracker at top left of screen.

Here are the cheats:
allMenus On/Off        If on will cause all menus to appear at all times, Off disables this cheat. Will also disable Autonomy.
debugSocial On/Off   If on will cause a yes or no dialog to appear when two sims socialize. The dialog is for deciding whether the interaction is accepted(yes) or rejected(no).
FBA 1/2  Is for setting how sims calculate autonomous interactions. 1 is the default setting, 2 is an alternate version of the idea.
simDNA (sim's first name)  Will show the DNA values of the named sim(both reccessive and expressed DNA).
simOutfit    Will output a sim's outfit data to file or print it on screen.
Switches for the simOutfit cheat:
-name (sim's first name)
-nid (sim's neighbor ID) Can be used in place of "-name", If both are used "-nid" will be used.
-work  Unknown
-category (sim's outfit category name)
category Names:Casual, Casual1, Casual2, Casual3, Swim, Sleep, Formal, Underwear, Naked, Maternity, Gym, TryOn, NakedOverlay, Outerwear, Current, All
-part (sim's body part name)
bodypart names:Hair, Face, Top, Body, Bottom, Accessory, TailLong, EarsUp, TailShort, EarsDown, BrushTailLong, BrushTailShort, SpitzTail, BrushSpitzTail
-overlay (instance number for overlay's collection) (On/Off) applies(on) or removes(off) special outfit identified by the instance number. The instance number must be an integer in either decimal or hex format. Overlay is mostly used for giving creature special skins(like Vampires).
-output (filePath) output requested information to a file. Like the is for example "-output C:\Outfitdata.txt". Which would create a file called Outfitdata.txt in the root direcory of you C drive. If not used the data will be shown on the screen.

Here is an example of how the simOutfit cheat works "simOutfit -name Aaroneous -category Casual -part body -output C:\Outfitdata.txt". In case I am looking for a sim named Aaroneous then looking at his clothing category(in the case casual) and then looking for a certain part of the body(hair, lower body, upper boddy, etc). in this case I am looking for the body, Which means to look at all of the body. And last but not least I tell the game to output the data found to a txt file.

Also something to be aware of with these cheats, In order for these cheats to work the line in the image below needs to be added to "\Program Files\EA GAMES\lastest EP or SP\TSData\Res\Config\globalProps.xml"
Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... TestingCheats_zps6769f8a9
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...   Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 pm

These are excellent, Aaroneous! I've been playing for years and I've never seen most of these, before. Thanks for shaing this! I'll be trying them out later, today.

Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... 28795 Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... 534790 wow! ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...   Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Thank you Aaron! Do you need to change that file for the anyboolean command if you just want to use the short cuts? I'm thinking ctrl-U might help with my 'research'. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...   Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Yes that line has to be in the globalProps.xml file for any of this to work. I tried putting it in the userStartup.cheat in My Documents, But that didn't work. I also tried typing it in the console and that didn't work either. I suspect that's where EA placed the Boolean command when they were testing the game. I mean the Boolean command actually worked and everything, But those shortcuts and cheats wouldn't function unless that line was in the globalProps.xml file.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...   Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:45 pm

kk Made the change and will check it out, thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...   Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Interesting Debug Shortcuts and Cheats...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Sugah's Community Square :: Tutorials & Helpful Hints-
Jump to: