Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Malicious link on this site?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jellybellylover

jellybellylover

Malicious link on this site? Empty
PostSubject: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Is anyone else getting a message about malicious links when logging into Sugah's Place? That or new tabs opening? It's been happening to me for a couple of months including just now. Luckily my virus software blocks it all.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Unfortunately it's something the host decided to do. Basically Forumotion has decided that if Your forum is considered inactive(no posts on it for a certain amount of time) that it sends a popup once a day to every person who visits any forums associated with Forumotion. People have complained about it to them, But they just don't seem to care.

I myself have a site that is on Forumotion, I am hoping to get away from them by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 12:47 am

Thanks for the explanation Aaron. So if something is posted everyday or every couple of days, will that help? We can even revive some of our games to keep the site 'active.'
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 1:24 am

From my understanding that should clear it up.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 6:52 am

Alrighty then. Let's revitalize some of those games to keep things active while I work on some stuff to share. Malicious link on this site? 12612

Thanks for raising the issue jellybellylover Malicious link on this site? 243713

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 9:48 am

That's crazy. Such a weird decision for the host to make. At least I know what to do if I start seeing the pop-ups again. Everyone's recent posts did the trick for getting rid of them.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 6:10 pm

Just to let everyone know. It seems for the time being Forumotion has abandoned the idea of inactives forums.
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi everyone!!! Ive been popping in and out... Well if its games you want... Im on it

I cant create but games... That I Can DO!!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? EmptySat Oct 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Aaroneous wrote:
Just to let everyone know. It seems for the time being Forumotion has abandoned the idea of inactives forums.

Well at least their temporary foray into the world of spamming 'inactive' sites, has got us hanging out together again, so yaaaaaaay for Forumotion's wacky ideas! dancintrio Malicious link on this site? 99672
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malicious link on this site?   Malicious link on this site? Empty

Back to top Go down

Malicious link on this site?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Welcome to Sugah's Place :: Questions & Comments-
Jump to: