Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects

Go down 
+16
Nonni
SandySimmer
twerplina
ilikefishfood
Caleb_71
clc
WittyKitty
Astral Faery
soloaris
AdriannaSimmie
debra
Hunter
Ullwera
autumnelle
Sugah
Meilyn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Cher64

Cher64

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 9:52 pm

I would keep track of the same things you are, as well as personality traits and interests and what I've decided those mean to that sim. I can look at those things in game, of course, but sometimes I'm unable to play for a long time and it would be nice to easily remind myself of things I've decided about that sim.

I would also like to develop some "rules" for uni. I have some general ideas and have created four subhoods for certain types of higher education.

Another thing I find myself wanting to keep track of is clothing. When I get enough sims, I find it hard to remember who is wearing what, and I also like to change their clothes each season.

I think I won't use that disease mod unless I think my hood is becoming way overpopulated!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 9:47 am

I have a spreadsheet with some personality and genetic information, but I'm not very good at keeping it updated and I don't refer back to it as often as I thought I would.  Here's a small screenshot of it:

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 New-110

What kind of rules are you thinking about for your uni?  That's pretty ambitious and cool to have multiple subhoods for your university.

In this neighborhood, my university is just a single house in the subhood that I used mods to allow for young adults to attend university.  I have a few unofficial noble families that live in this subhood.  They were originally townies that I recruited so that my noble families in my main hood would have a larger marriage pool to avoid inbreeding.  My plan was to send their kids to university with my noble sims, but the house got too crowded and I had to start a second house for a little while.

My main objectives with the university in my kingdom is to give my upper class sims more opportunities to find future spouses (but they often have it figured out before they get to university) and to give them a chance to make some money before the nonheirs start households of their own.  I take whatever stipend they earn from their grades and place something of that same value in their inventories at the end of each semester.  I usually only make them study, earn skill points, or do assignments if they have related wants, so I've ended up with a few of them on academic probation or (in rarer cases) failing out.  If they end up on academic probation I cheat to skip them to the next semester anyway, because I'm more interested in them aging evenly.

Clothing seems like it would be more difficult to keep track of. Maybe you could take pictures of what they're wearing and store the pictures in a folder you can go back and reference.  It would be nice if there was a better in-game method for organizing clothing.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 11:23 am

Thank you for showing me the screenshot. I would probably not keep things as updated as I like to think I would. It's one thing to write notes as I play, another entirely to update spreadsheets. laughin It would be nice to be able to see everything in one place, though, rather than leafing through the pages of my notebook.

I made four uni subhoods. One is a science and technology school, one more fine arts based, one a general university, and one I'm pretending isn't even a university. It's trade schools and things like that. That one is only a two school, so each rotation is four semesters instead of the two I usually do. I have a lot of custom majors and careers and each uni only offers certain majors.

There are two problems I've found with my system. First, the dormies cross over and wander around uni subhoods I don't really want them in. As far as I could find, there's no fix for that. Second, two of them I'm making from scratch and I don't have the patience to get it all set up before playing. There are dorms and maybe a building or two. My plan is to add more buildings as I'm in the mood. It doesn't affect gameplay except there aren't as many places for the students to go, but those hoods sure look empty!

iCad has a whole spreadsheet of rules and points set up for uni and I'd first thought to do something like that. It's awfully involved, though, and I don't think I want to force my teens to all be such achievers before entering uni. I was thinking of some sort of "formula" based on interests, aspirations, true hobby, grades, and activities such as gardening. I haven't made much effort in that direction yet, but I've only got two kids at uni so far.

The clothing pictures are a great idea, thanks. It's probably the easiest way to look and see if a peer already has a certain outfit.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 pm

Quote :
It's one thing to write notes as I play, another entirely to update spreadsheets. laughin It would be nice to be able to see everything in one place, though, rather than leafing through the pages of my notebook.

That's it though.  There's nothing all that special about putting information in a spreadsheet as opposed to writing in a notebook, other than it's all in one place and it's easier to delete, insert, and edit information.  One method isn't all that better than another.  When it comes down to it, it's a matter of preference.

I've seen other people doing things with university similar to what you're describing.  Apple Valley is one that comes to mind.   As I recall, they had different universities with different specializations and a scoring system to see which schools their sims could be accepted to.

I don't think I would have the patience to set up all the lots before hand either.  My "dorm" is just a lot I found in the lots bin that seemed like it would work.  Maybe you could download some lots just to fill the space, especially if your uni students are like mine and don't have time to spend on community lots.

I was going to share more about my Royals before I moved on, but now I've got to thinking about my Merchants and how bad they were at having kids, so I'm going to move on to them first.  I started out with four merchant families originally all named after their businesses/professions: Potter, Farmer, Smith, and Tavern.  I'm going to start with the most successful and go to the most disastrous.  

First are the Potters.  At this point I was tired of just making married couples and started making siblings and roommates, which was probably a mistake.  I ended up cutting most of the sibling ties so everyone wouldn't be related in the second generation, but I ended up keeping the Potters as siblings, because randomly their genetics were pretty similar.  The Potters were originally Tabitha and Andreas.  My plan was to have them make pottery and sell it, but since that is time consuming, they also sold pottery items from the catalogue.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_osh121Yu8I1rwzrw2_500

Andreas ended up marrying and moving out into another household.  Tabitha found live with a townie named Jeff Ternynck.  I can't remember if they actually got married, but he moved in with her and they had a daughter together.  The business has been really successful and reached level 10 a long time ago.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ov05guAT1G1rwzrw2_500

Their daughter, Katrina, is head of the Potter family.  I've been trying to get her to settle down with one of her many suitors, but in spite of being a family sim, she won't commit to just one in particular.  After several failed pregnancies, she recently gave birth to twins, Geoffrey and Talia.  She might not have a spouse, but at least she has an heir.

Since the business she inherited is level 10, I had her start a second business on a community lot.  Keeping with the theme, it's an art studio.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p997ynoizI1rwzrw2_500

All of my founding sims have died from old age at this point, but Jeff is still around.  He became a witch at some point and just recently remarried.  His new wife, Joy Mace, is an old flame of his.  She's one of my unofficial nobles from my subhood, who is widowed and has two grown children and became a plant sim.   She does not get along with her daughter's new husband (who moved into their household), so she finally moved in with Jeff, Katrina, and the babies.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ps0fb3JzkA1rwzrw2_500

The Tavern family was Phaedra and Leopold.  They have the easiest business to run.  It stays open 24/7 and runs itself.  Sims come in play poker or pool or sometimes have a meal.  One of these two rolled the want to get a makeover station, so sometimes, when sims are interested, they give makeovers . . . with mixed results.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_osaidwE4QK1rwzrw2_500

They seemed platonic for a long time, but eventually they started a casually romantic relationship and ended up pregnant.  At the same time, Leopold was having a fling with pizza delivery girl, Chris Fancey, who moved in and also got pregnant.  Phaedra ended up having boy-girl twins while Fancey had a daughter.  

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_oz3wq6xdrt1rwzrw2_500

Three babies at one time was too much to handle for this household and social services showed up.  My rule for social services is that I only take away the child(ren) that were the cause of social services to come and return the others to the family.  The children that are taken away are moved into an orphanage in the subhood run by my simself (mostly because I want to see how they grow up).  Once they grow up, they end up living like townies, for the most part.

I missed which ones needs were low enough to trigger social services this time, so I ended up deciding that Fancey and her daughter, Chloe, would move out and start their own household and Phaedra and Leopold's twins (Pasiphae and Apollo) would go to the orphanage.  Maybe the tavern was no good place for children anyway.

As Phaedra and Leopold were approaching the end of their lifespans, I decided I needed someone to take over the tavern, so I moved an adult Pasiphae in to take over.  She has a baby and married a noble who has just graduated from university.  The tavern is level 10, so Pasiphae started a community lot tavern that my sims can visit when I'm playing other households.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pegcgc7bQp1rwzrw2_500

The Farmer household ended up starting as a family of three, Abigail, Caroline, and Marshal.  They sell farm related items, have a few fruit trees and occasionally sew items to sell.  Caroline (the redhead) got pregnant early on by Andreas Potter and they moved out to start their own household and took on the name Carpenter.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_osy5v3jPvE1rwzrw2_500

Abigail fell in love with a townie named Dickson and had a son with him, named Caleb.  Dickson lived on the Farmers lot for awhile, but once it was clear he wasn't going to commit to Abigail and was more interested in someone else, he moved out.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ov070z87441rwzrw2_500

I kept hoping Abigail and Marshal would become a couple, but they could never get it together so that they were interested in each other at the same time.  He had several love interests during his time though.  I forget exactly how many children he fathered right now, but I think it was three.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p0cid6HMxU1rwzrw2_500

Since Abigail did not have a daughter, Caleb was the heir (and is the current owner) to the business.  He married a townie named Aiyanna Kwa.  They have a son, Gabriel, a daughter that was taken by social services, and a new baby, Clarence.  The business has been struggling for a long time and this family ranks so low on my points system that they really should be demoted to peasants, but I haven't brought myself to do it yet.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pd7kjrKR0Y1rwzrw2_500

Caroline Farmer and Andreas Potter moved into their own household and became the Carpenters.  They have a toy making bench that barely gets used and sell furniture from the catalogue.  They had twin sons, Timothy and Benjamin and a singleton son, Nathaniel.  Benjamin was taken by social services as a toddler and now lives like a townie in one of my apartment buildings.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_owei7cFeUP1rwzrw2_500

Timothy is the current owner of the lot.  He's married to a former townie named Kitty Leong.  The business was really struggling until Kitty contributed to the family funds and they used her money to help the business expand.  So far they have three daughters, twins Andrea and Coraline and baby Benjamina.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ps0e84jNqb1rwzrw2_500

My most struggling merchants though, were the Smiths.  Amalia and Horace had a business where they sold metalwork and crafted items with the robot station.  Or would have if they had the time or energy.  They had four children: Miriam, Pierce, Anton (because I forgot that was also the king's name), and Florence.  Every single one of them was taken by social services.  I don't know why this couple struggled so much.  They refused to take care of their babies and could barely take care of themselves.  Their lot was complete misery all of the time.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_osahk9W8fk1rwzrw2_500

All of the kids grew up in the orphanage.  Miriam and Pierce died while adults from illness (or maybe pregnancy complications in Miriam's case.)  Anton was banished to the sim bin, because he had trouble getting along with other sims.  Florence ended up moving into the old Smith lot after Amalia and Horace died.  She's married to Apollo Tavern who she grew up with as foster siblings at the orphanage.  And so far they have been doing much better than either of their sets of parents.  The business is struggling, but they are doing well at caring for their two young sons, Walter and Roscoe.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pegg98Q7pZ1rwzrw2_500
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am

Wow, you have a busy and energetic neighborhood! So many exciting things are happening in your families - it looks like a joy to play. I'm very curious - how much control do you take of your families? For me, I'm a control freak and I'm always telling everyone to do everything - do you let them fend for themselves a lot? Come to think of it, that sounds like kind of a fun idea - to have a hands off RKC (for the most part - I mean you still have to get them jobs and such). It would be an interesting experiment, for sure.

I like the name Phaedra I love you

It's neat that your self sim runs the orphanage - cool idea. I always love the idea of starting an RKC but fizzle out. My last one, I never got around to sharing pics - never even took that many - I'm into it for a generation or two, then I start losing interest. I don't know if I expand too quickly and have too many sims to manage, or what.

I always liked the OFB ep. Running a business is pretty fun. I like getting the fish and produce packing stations (by Sims Wardrobe) and selling my own crops/fish. I also like other crafting business, too. I used to have a neighborhood where each family specialized in a particular craft - a florist family, pottery family, etc. I always made them sell their wares on shelves, instead of just selling it off the rack - I mean, who's buying those, anyway? Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 598258 I always wanted to run a business where I sold my own homemade food to the neighborhood, but it seemed like I had to buy food all the time and didn't make enough money to offset what I was spending.

I meant to tell you last time I checked in that I have a similar setup for Uni in my game. I use Cyjon's Semester changes, which makes a semester an entire uni year - this shortens uni from 24 days to 8 days. I really hate uni and get so bored with how long it takes and how easy it is to excel. This mod makes me crack down hard on studying, and I usually have my students write term papers for the boost to their grade. In fact, they often need it. It's more fun because some students get lower grades, and combined with his Edukashun Iz Gud mod, my sims are limited to job level by the grades they received. In other words, you can't be a Chief of Hospital Staff if you made D's in school. Keeps it more real and interesting for me.

I ran an open tavern once in an RKC the same way you're doing yours. It was pretty fun, mostly, but I really got sick of people complaining about the one old newspaper on the ground or the fact that they literally just got up from their meal and complained that there was a dirty dish on the table. I mean, you just finished that meal and you're complaining about the plate? Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 971462 I think I have a mod by Sims Wardrobe to stop the whining.

Your RKC is really cool and exciting. It's really making me want to get back into it. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 534790
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Katrina really took after her father. I like her look a lot. Kitty is gorgeous, too.

I haven't done an orphanage yet, but it's on my list of things to try. I've read some great stories involving orphanages. I like only having the problem child removed. IRL, it takes A LOT to get all the kids removed from a home, so why not the same in our games?

The poor Smiths! It's kind of fun to have sims that are not cooperative about certain things, but to have both parents like that must have been quite a challenge. I once did play a family who made their entire living farming (gardening) and it was insane. They slept and worked all hours, and still barely survived.

I'm enjoying your hood; thank you for sharing it.

I have, in the past, been a control freak with my sims and made them achieve everything. I've been learning to let go a bit and have installed a variety of mods and hacks. Now, I like having my sims surprise me. I love the idea of limiting career opportunities based on poor school performance. I'm going to steal that for my game!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Quote :
Wow, you have a busy and energetic neighborhood! So many exciting things are happening in your families - it looks like a joy to play.

Thanks! It has been fun. According to the tumblr posts I pulled my pictures from, some of this I posted 2 years ago, so this is the condensed version.

Quote :
I'm very curious - how much control do you take of your families? For me, I'm a control freak and I'm always telling everyone to do everything - do you let them fend for themselves a lot?

I'm pretty hands off when I play. I hate to micromanage and I like to give them room to let them do things autonomously (or not.) With the Smiths it got to the point that I wanted to see if they would ever take control on their own. I still direct them to do some things, especially when it comes to running businesses and fulfilling their wants. If it's something they want I will make them do it.

Quote :
I like the name Phaedra

I do too. It was randomly generated, but I like that it comes from mythology.

Quote :
I'm into it for a generation or two, then I start losing interest. I don't know if I expand too quickly and have too many sims to manage, or what.

I usually stay involved in a neighborhood for about 3 or 4 generations, then I end up starting something new or want a different set up and forget to ever go back to my older neighborhoods. I've only had time to play sporadically and it seems like there's always something new to look forward to and maybe that's kept me interested this long. I am starting to feel less attached to my peasant class and this neighborhood is starting to get laggy, maybe because of the number of sims, so it's hard to say how much farther I'll carry on.

Quote :
I like getting the fish and produce packing stations (by Sims Wardrobe) and selling my own crops/fish.

I think I have those in my game, but I haven't used them yet. I need to remember to do that sometime. Most of my merchants have a crafting table, which I intended for them to use, but they haven't had the time to do much crafting. I found a tutorial to make objects autonomous and tried it out on the pottery wheel and sewing machine. That's helped a lot with making my sims craft more. I need to find that tutorial again and try it with the other crafting benches. The only homemade food I've had my sim sell was comfort soup and one of my nobles had the lifetime want to have 5 top businesses. They ended up opening a coffee shop that sells soup and pastries.

I actually downloaded the mod that changes the time for university for a previous neighborhood and forgot I'd had it installed, but it works great. Grades are ridiculously easy with the default set up. As long as they have the required skills and go to class (which they do autonomously) they all get A pluses. 48 hours is plenty of time for someone to make good grades if they do an assignment or write a term paper or just barely skate by if all they do is go to class. I only make them write term papers or do assignments if they have the want to do so. I don't even make them get the required skill points unless they want to earn a skill or have college related wants, like if they want to write a term paper and they don't have the required skills I'll take that to mean they want to learn the skills they need for their classes.

24 days is a long time for university when you put it that way. A lot of my students are having babies in university. Those babies would be ready to go to college before their parents even graduated at that rate! That would be a long time to be away from the main neighborhood if you try to play it in sync.

I think I must have downloaded the less whining mod that you mentioned, because sims complaining about newspapers and a dirty dish that's been left for half a second drive me nuts and I haven't had that problem lately. My tavern owners live upstairs, so they can at least lock their customers out of their personal living spaces.

Quote :
Katrina really took after her father. I like her look a lot. Kitty is gorgeous, too.

Thanks! She does! Her face shape shares some resemblance with Tabitha, but her coloration is all Jeff.

Quote :
I like only having the problem child removed. IRL, it takes A LOT to get all the kids removed from a home, so why not the same in our games?

That makes sense. And in this neighborhood there shouldn't be a social services or CPS, so if a baby or toddler's needs drop low enough that the social worker has to come, I decided to pretend that that means their needs were so low that they died (since babies and toddlers can't die from the things other sims can.) But I don't want them to really be dead, so I move them to the orphanage so I can see what they would have looked like as they grew up and then I eventually reintroduce them as new sims. They still have their original names and family ties, but they get a chance at a new life and they aren't completely lost from the dating pool.

Quote :
The poor Smiths! It's kind of fun to have sims that are not cooperative about certain things, but to have both parents like that must have been quite a challenge.

Samantha Burgos was another sim of mine refused to cook when she was hungry, but she was fortunate enough to have a husband and a butler who would cook. It was very unfortunate that both Horace and Amalia would not cook. Life for my merchants is low on fun, so I think the drop in their fun meters also made them uncooperative. I did direct them to cook once in awhile, if for no other reason than to make sure it was possible and not something wrong with their kitchen set up. They just preferred the "stuff face" option that does not raise hunger by enough. I even had them hire an employee for their business and gave him the job of preparing meals so they wouldn't have to cook for themselves. They did not do well. After their last baby was taken away, Horace died of old age and Amalia lived on her own for awhile. I totally forgot until I was looking back through my posts for pictures that she had adopted a dog during her elder years, but it she didn't take care of it either and animal control took it away. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 6:37 pm

I've been adding additional merchant households as I need them.  Here are a few of them.

One of the first new households I added was a business manager for the queen.  I had a few community lots that were supposed to be owned by the crown, but unfortunately the queen, as the owner, was always on the lot, badgering sims to make a sale and it was really harming her relationships with other sims in the kingdom.  So I recruited a townie named Audrey Collin and transferred ownership to her.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_otpr7iG7Uz1rwzrw2_500

The first lot she managed was a beach lot with a fishing pond.  Originally all of my peasants did their fishing there and had to pay a small hourly fee via the ticket machine.  When my second generation grew up I rebuilt new apartments for them that included a fishing pond in the common areas, so the beach lot hasn't been used lately.  The beach lot had some harvestable banana, papaya, and coconut trees, so the lot owner ended up with a lot of produce in their inventory.  I used some of it to stock the royal food stores and started a farmers market it to sell some.  I added a place to buy groceries, so I've been having my sims go there to buy food instead of ordering delivery and I've had Audrey sell comfort soup to help fight the plague.  I also created a church lot that my upper class sims were going to visit on a regular basis, but that's fallen by the wayside.  I have used it for a wedding and a couple of funerals and it has a small graveyard.  It hasn't gotten a lot of use, but Audrey manages it as well.

Audrey never married, but she had several lovers, including Leopold Tavern, Marshal Farmer, Jeff Ternynck (of the Potter's household), and Brendan the dog breeder.  She had one daughter, Mallory, with Marshal.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_phdhnc5Jp41rwzrw2_500

Mallory got pregnant as a teenager by Caleb Farmer and had a daughter, Morgan.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pj6c2kQ0631rwzrw2_500

Then as an adult, Mallory married Nathaniel Carpenter.  So far they have three children, twins Jay and Rodney, and baby Amanda.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ps84pdDWSt1rwzrw2_500

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ps84pzFKdh1rwzrw2_500

Audrey must have wished for the ability to cheat death at some point, because the Grim Reaper keeps coming for her, but she's still hanging in there.

Another household I added early on was Brendan Laughlin, the pet breeder.  My sims sometimes roll wants for puppies and kittens, but had no way to get them directly.  (The adoption pool was empty.)  So I made Brendan and a pair of dogs in CAS and had him breed puppies.  A lot of my families have pets now and have been breeding themselves, so I haven't had a need for Brendan to take on that role lately.  He also owns a pet store that my sims sometimes visit and buy random pets (and pet supplies) on their own.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p5we24iyHM1rwzrw2_500

Brendan is currently an elder in my game, but he's never married.  He's had romances with Audrey Collin and Em the orphanage director.  I think my simself used to drop by his business while I was playing his lot just to flirt with him, but neither one of them seemed that interested in moving in together or getting serious.  They both seemed content to live their own lives.  They had a son together, Garrett, who recently moved in with Brendan after finishing university.  My plan his for Garrett to take over the pet shoppe.  He's also started his own business lot that is pretty empty now, but my plan is for it to be a pet park / pet cemetery.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p5wesx0MNL1rwzrw2_500

Chris Fancey was the pizza delivery girl that had a baby (Chloe) with Leopold Tavern, then moved into her own household.  I thought the perfect business for her would be to run a restaurant, which I called the Fancey restaurant.  (It's not that fancy.)  When I was looking for a wife for Marshal, firefighter Allyn Livingston was a contender.  I really liked her, but she and Marshal never quite got it together.  They did have a baby boy together, named Marlin.  I ended up moving Allyn in with Chris.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ozzv4sqStR1rwzrw2_500

Chris also ended up having a baby with Marshal, named Marissa.  

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ps0hzn8IbW1rwzrw2_500

Then Chris and Allyn fell in love and decided to raise their family together.  One of the mods I have (probably inteen) allows for same sex pregnancy which I'm not a fan of unless I have a reason for it to be possible.  I decided to allow it for supernatural sims, like witches, or if a sim purchases a fertility potion.  But I forgot to disable pregnancy with Chris and Allyn, so they ended up having a daughter together named Alice.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pj69ag7Pqz1rwzrw2_500

Since this family is complicated, I just think of all four kids as Chris and Allyn's.  They did raise them together after all.  They're both elders now.

Even though they were raised as siblings, Chloe (shown below) and Marlin, started a romance.  She ended up pregnant with his baby.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_peghjxbmDF1rwzrw2_500

But Marlin ended up falling in love with and marrying a townie named Renee Guevara while Chloe was pregnant.  The house was getting crowded at this point, so I ended up building a second smaller house on the same lot so the family could stay together but have some space.  

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_phde80RXOQ1rwzrw2_500

Chloe's daughter is Cleo and Renee's daughter with Marlin is Marlene.  

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh13

I thought Chloe was going to move on with Jonathan Durden who was lingering on the university lot, but their engagement was autonomously broken off and he moved on to someone else.  She was already pregnant by him, so now she has a newborn baby boy, Leon.  I'm still trying to find a nice, single guy for her to settle down with.

The restaurant is fun to play.  I usually send whoever has the most full mood bars to go tend to the business and they float between the different jobs that need to be done.  Usually Chris plays hostess while Allyn cooks.  Marlin is a great server and almost always gets extra tips when he serves.  Chloe is pretty poor as a server, so I usually have her host when she's on the lot.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 8:41 pm

Em wrote:
she had adopted a dog during her elder years, but it she didn't take care of it either and animal control took it away

Oh Amalia, are you ever-hopeful or are you just delusional?

Who would have guessed a queen would be high strung and high pressure? Go Audrey! I hope she keeps hanging in there for a good, long time. laughin

Maybe Garrett will be able to reconfigure and revitalize the pet store business. I love the idea of a pet park and pet cemetery, too. One of the sims in my current game is obsessed with animals and visits the pet park daily. If it was sim-owned, that sim would be making a fortune!

I love the complicated families! They're a lot of fun to play, even if they can be challenge. Or maybe because of it.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 8:28 am

I agree with Cher - your families are very complicated. They're also quite realistic, though - and your game amazes me at all the interesting things you have going on in it. I'm really quite envious of your kingdom and wish I had it together enough to play such a huge neighborhood. I love the idea of having a community where life progresses in a realistic fashion. I loved having merchants in my games that had food businesses that sold fish and crops and then their neighbors would buy them. Then that would be less food they'd have to forage for themselves. I never allowed my peasants to have food delivered, either, they had to grow or catch to get by, so having a market was nice. I also love your idea of an orphanage. I used to always have an abbey where unwanted kids were sent. All the sims that lived there always had to study all those extra skills, like couples counseling, lifetime peace (or whatever it's called - I've been away from the game too long), and physiology.

What are your parameters for sims getting married? I remember you saying a long time ago that sometimes you wouldn't let sims have a baby unless both parties wanted one - do you do the same with marriage? Do you roll randomly for aspiration?

Reading your adventures makes me miss having an RKC sooo much. I know I said I'd go back to the one I was playing at some point (and I still will), but I played that 'hood very safe. No one was ever in danger of losing a baby, starving to death, or having anything really bad happen to them. I've always wanted to start a dangerous RKC where I stop taking such good care of them and let them fend for themselves. One complete with an asylum (for sims that go into red aspiration for a long time), a jail (for rolling random crimes like murder and such), a hospital for ailing sims (like with the plague). One of my favorite things to do was to have a leper colony where anyone infected with zombiism lived. I used to also have a lot for supernaturals who weren't accepted into society lived. I really miss doing all that. I'm really thinking of doing it again, but I know in advance that I always jump into a project with both feet, then burn out quick.

Loving your dynamic kingdom - and your ideas. Like Cher, I see so many things I want to steal for my own game. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 968206
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 am

Quote :
Oh Amalia, are you ever-hopeful or are you just delusional?

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 99672 I forgot she'd had a dog until I was going through my post looking for pictures.  I was not surprised later in the same post when I saw the dog being removed from her home.  I'm pretty sure she bought that dog autonomously when I was playing the pet shoppe because I wouldn't put a pet in that situation.  For anyone else it would be good for them to have an animal companion while they're living alone, but I couldn't expect the lady who wouldn't feed herself or her children to feed a dog.

Quote :
Go Audrey! I hope she keeps hanging in there for a good, long time.

I didn't know what to expect from the wish to cheat death.  I didn't think it would do anything for death from old age.  Errol Cade had also made that wish, so I was stunned when he started pleading for his life with the Grim Reaper autonomously.  He ended up surviving to 80 simdays which I think is the maximum lifespan for a sim.  Maybe Audrey will do the same.  When I saw her life bar was full I was getting ready to turn the reins over to Mallory, but Audrey isn't through yet!

Quote :
Maybe Garrett will be able to reconfigure and revitalize the pet store business. I love the idea of a pet park and pet cemetery, too. One of the sims in my current game is obsessed with animals and visits the pet park daily. If it was sim-owned, that sim would be making a fortune!

The pet store does pretty well.  The pet breeding has fallen by the wayside.  Brendan currently has just one dog that's an elder. Garrett grew up with cats, so if they get back into breeding, I don't know if they'll do cats or dogs.  The breeding part is difficult because by the time I have baby pets the sims that wanted them have dropped the want or they just refuse the sale.  Sometimes they refuse to take them if he tries to give them away.  Brendan should be older than he is because I cut playing his lot short because I didn't want the puppies to grow up before they could get adopted.  It's tricky to get it to work well.

I really need to build up the pet park (once they find the funds) because there's nothing there except the little graveyard.  When Garrett visits he and the sims that walk by just hang out on the sidewalk.  I haven't even started charging yet, since it's so empty.

Quote :
I love the idea of having a community where life progresses in a realistic fashion.

It's great when you can build a sense of community in a sims neighborhood.  I try to get my sims together as much as I can so they can build relationships, but it's easy to get caught up with their day-to-day home lives and forget to keep up those outside connections.  For the upper classes I try to invite family members often.  (Still most of the siblings become strangers once they're grown. Actually, that's kind of true to life...)  I also have a coming out party for the upper class sims when they become teens.  I used to invite all the upper class sims, but I have too many sims to do that now, so I just invite the other teens in the neighborhood and sometimes their parents. My merchants have a hard time socializing because their guests end up acting like customers, so I have a lot that they use as a meeting place.  Once in awhile I will summon them in (and maybe some of the peasants too) and let them socialize.  I did that regularly when I had singles that needed paired up, but I haven't had that need lately.  And the peasants get a sense of community since they live together in apartment lots.

Quote :
I never allowed my peasants to have food delivered, either, they had to grow or catch to get by, so having a market was nice.

My peasants started out with empty fridges and I don't let them buy food so they have to survive on what they can catch or grow.  The only time I let them buy food from the market was when I had a household that could make comfort soup, but they needed ingredients.  Unfortunately they set their food in the common area of the apartment and it got stuck and was unusable.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 971462 I send the other classes to the market too.  My hope is they can socialize a little while when they're out, but usually they're too hungry to stay long and the evil warlock keeps infecting the place with roaches, so no one wants to stay.  (They probably shouldn't want to shop there come to think of it.)

Quote :
used to always have an abbey where unwanted kids were sent. All the sims that lived there always had to study all those extra skills, like couples counseling, lifetime peace (or whatever it's called - I've been away from the game too long), and physiology.

That's a cool idea!  My orphanage isn't all that special.  The kids there just live normal sim lives.  They go to school and have access to skill building objects that they wouldn't have had as merchants or peasants.  If they want to gain skill points or study the extra skills I'll tell them to.  I pretty much let them do what they want and try to fulfill the wants they roll.

Quote :
What are your parameters for sims getting married? I remember you saying a long time ago that sometimes you wouldn't let sims have a baby unless both parties wanted one - do you do the same with marriage? Do you roll randomly for aspiration?

I let ACR handle the baby making.  I can't remember the last time I actually directed a sim to woohoo or try for baby.  I love that I don't have to direct them to do that and they take care of it on their own (sometimes more than I would like and with sims I would not let them woohoo with if I took full control!)  

I think my original idea for marriage was to go by the wants for the lower classes and make my upper class sims get married whether they wanted it or not because it was the proper thing to do, but lately I've been going by wants for everyone.  I really want both parties to want to get married or engaged because it seems like something that both should want in order for it to happen, but sometimes I have to settle for one.  I send my single sims on a lot of dates hoping to trigger marriage and engagement wants.  But my sims don't want to cooperate.  They either roll no marriage wants or roll the wants to marry 2 or 3 or 4 different sims at once.  And yes, I have one sims who either has the wants to marry four different ladies or he wants to marry no one. Rolling Eyes There are a few couples that I'm about to marry off whether they want it or not.  They're living together and have children.  They need to just make it official and maybe that will help some of my other sim who can't make up their minds to narrow down their marriage options.

Aspiration is random.  I look at the minutes on the clock (either the in-game clock or my computer clock) and use that as my random number to pick an aspiration.

Quote :
Reading your adventures makes me miss having an RKC sooo much. I know I said I'd go back to the one I was playing at some point (and I still will), but I played that 'hood very safe. No one was ever in danger of losing a baby, starving to death, or having anything really bad happen to them. I've always wanted to start a dangerous RKC where I stop taking such good care of them and let them fend for themselves.

Reading about other people's games is what inspired me to start this kingdom.

It's hard not to play it safe and try not to let bad things happen.  I've had games where I intended to be really tough but then couldn't go through with it.  I do let them fend for themselves a lot, but there are times where I can't help stepping in to intervene.

Quote :
One complete with an asylum (for sims that go into red aspiration for a long time), a jail (for rolling random crimes like murder and such), a hospital for ailing sims (like with the plague). One of my favorite things to do was to have a leper colony where anyone infected with zombiism lived. I used to also have a lot for supernaturals who weren't accepted into society lived.

Those are all very cool ideas!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 940149  I decided at one point that I wanted to make community lots based on the jobs my sims had, so that the traditional jobs would still seem like part of the kingdom.  I wanted to have my working sims stop by their jobs once a round, but most of the time I get to wrapped up in playing the households to actually make them go.  One is like your hospital idea for sims in the medical and science career track.  It's not that functional, but they do sell medicine that I downloaded from somewhere that cures sickness.  That way sims that can't make comfort soup can buy a cure if they happen to be visiting when I'm visiting that lot.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 9:39 am

Since my original merchants were not doing so well in adding to the next generation and since my sims inventories were getting filled with pottery they don't always have space for, I decided I needed some new merchant families to sell other goods that my sims can buy.

Lindsay Vijakar and Colby Schamess were two teen townies I recruited to test out my university lot.  They got pregnant before I could age them to young adults.  In spite of being a young mother of twins, Lindsay was still able to graduate.  Lindsay, Colby, Derrick, and Brody moved into an apartment and started a successful shop that sells rugs and paintings.  The twins are adults now and I'm hoping to find suitable partners for them to marry.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p9ekyzUkcz1rwzrw2_500

For some reason I had grouped three random townies together, Jordan Hanby, Avri (whose last name I don't remember), and a child named Tiffany Andersen.  I think Jordan and Avri had a romantic relationship already.  I'm not sure why Tiffany was in the mix, but I decided she was their adopted daughter.  They started a hobby shop.  Unfortunately there are some hobby items that are not sellable, but I managed to find a mix of thing for them to sell.  Here's Jordan shopping at Lindsay and Colby's carpet shop.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pen2lsGzbt1rwzrw2_500

Avri unfortunately passed away, but not before he fathered a daughter with Jordan named Avril.  Jordan went on to have a child with their neighbor Pierce Smith who died from the plague while she was pregnant.  The toddler Avril is holding in the picture below is their son, also named Pierce.  Jordan now wants to marry another neighbor, a peasant named Patrick.  She was pregnant with his baby, but suffered a miscarriage.  Given her track record, I'm thinking Patrick dodged a bullet.  Last time I played their lot I was trying to get them together, but the apartments were giving me difficulty and kept telling me that the other was not home whenever they tried to visit.  

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 E5bfbda83e5e980fabb57fa769ca44b812979c9a

Tiffany is currently in a relationship with Marissa Fancey.  Since the Fancey household is getting crowded Marissa moved in with the Hanby household.  I'm not sure if they'll stay or branch out on their own.  If they do, I'm not sure where I'll move them to or what I'll have them do.  I'm not sure who should be heir to Jordan's business.  Technically she and Tiffany aren't related, but Tiffany put a lot of work into the business after Avri died and Jordan was dealing with pregnancy and babies.  I still have to decide.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 D00d6df5f340a28dcf672d8b5adcdfc983c52103
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 10:21 am

Never a dull moment in your kingdom! It seems to play out so true to life.

I have a question for you. Since you play mostly hands off, (with Inteen) how do you ensure that babies are born at all? Do most of your sims take good enough care of themselves to maintain pregnancy? I really want to play in a more hands off manner (a challenge for me!), but I'm afraid that my couples won't have any heirs because they won't look after themselves.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 10:54 am

For my peasants I made one household with four men and four women, temporarily moved them onto and empty lot and then let them sort themselves into couples.  It didn't take long for them to couple up. I had a couple of sims who had more than one love interest and one couple ended up being together after everyone else paired up, but it went really smoothly.  Once my couples were figured out I moved them in pairs into apartments on a single lot.  It got to be too crowded as my families expanded, so I ended up making a new apartment lot for my second generation that was slightly larger and had an improved common area.  

As I recall, I started my peasants out with zero funds once they had paid their first rent and had furnished their lots with the basic necessities.  They had to fish or farm (usually fish) to make money and have food.  If they have the money and the wants and the space I would buy additional items for them.  Nothing is restricted except electronics and other items that don't belong in the setting.  So if someone wants a bookcase and can afford it, I'll buy it for them. They don't go to school and their skill building items are limited unlike the upper classes who started out with lots of skill building items.

The first couple is Russ and Kathlynn.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_osffv0i5JW1rwzrw2_500

They had five children: Emmeline, Justice, Raymond, and twins Vivian and Warren.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh14

Emmeline who was one of my favorites (I think she's gorgeous.) unfortunately died twice.  The first time she died she was pregnant with her second daughter.  Her brother, Justice, who had become a good witch, used a genie wish to revive her, but sadly, she died again.

Justice recently got promoted to a merchant based on my point system.  I still need to build his business.  I think I'm going to have him sell potions, even though I have a witch in my subhood that does the same thing.  He's single and lives with several pets.  He has a lot of love interests and is the father of Katrina Potter's twins.  I'm still trying to get him to settle down.

Raymond (the scowler) was banished for awhile for not getting along with other sims.  He and the mother of his children had to live on a tiny apartment lot I called the Poor House until they had enough funds to move back into one of the regular peasant apartments.

Vivian is a single mom and Warren is newly married to a third generation peasant.

Demetrius and Libby

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_oudp5yPh7p1rwzrw2_500

had three children: Clare, Briana, and Darius.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh15

Clare and Briana shared an apartment for awhile.  My second generation sims weren't pairing up well.  So I ended up having the women move into their own apartments and the single men shared a neighboring apartment.  They went through a really rough patch where Briana's daughter was taken by social services, then Clare's oldest daughter and Briana died from illness.  Clare later married an older man and had a couple of children with him before he passed away.  She's currently living with her young son and daughter and four dogs.   Briana's daughter, Teagan, is an adult now and has recently moved back to the peasant apartments.  I was hoping for her to be a possible marriage partner for someone, but she might be too closely related to any single sims her age to be an option. Darius has had an easier time.  He's married with children.

Abram and Lisha were my couple that ended up together by default.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_osffyg0qyj1rwzrw2_500

They had four children: April, Braxton, Ezra, and Hugo.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh16

April unfortunately was a victim of the plague, but she left behind four daughters that are doing well.  Braxton was involved with Vivian, but left her for an apartment townie named Rosemarie.  Ezra and Hugo also married townies since they didn't match with any of my peasant ladies.  (My first generation of peasants really should have had more children.)

Byron and Jenee are my fun couple.  They seemed like they had more kids than anyone, even though they had the same number as Russ and Kathlynn.  Maybe it's because none of their kids were twins and they were all terrors.  Byron and Jenee did really well for themselves.  They gained entrance to the nature hobby lot so they could fish for free and they scored high enough that they were promoted to merchants.  They ended up moving to their own lot as elders and started a business called The Hideaway that sells produce and offers gardening plots, herbs, and a fishing pond.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_osffvrgVW91rwzrw2_500

Their children are: Jeremiah, Earnest, Madeline, Rebekah, and Patrick.  These kids had some serious sibling rivalry going on because they all hated each other.  It was chaotic.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh17

Jeremiah and Earnest were the first two that fought constantly.  But I had Byron take them to the fishing pond and spend quality time together and they eventually became best friends.  It was like a miracle.  I tried the same thing with the others, but it didn't have the same effect.  Earnest and Madeline still hate each other as do Madeline and Rebekah.  I'm not sure where Patrick stands with his siblings now since he's been living on another apartment lot with some other random single guys for awhile.

Jeremiah has been busy raising all of his daughters.  He had two with Emmeline that he took care of after she passed away and four with April.  

Earnest, who was one of my worst sims who would not get along with anyone, has improved as he aged.  I really like him a lot now.  He works at Brendan's pet shoppe.  He fell in love and got engaged to a noble woman from my subhood named Ione King.  She initially moved in with him, but since he had the points to move up in rank and she is her family's heir, I had them move to the subhood with her parents.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pja3uyjR4B1rwzrw2_500

Rebekah ended up inheriting Byron and Jenee's home and business.  I couldn't decide who it would go to, so I let the game decide when the elders passed away.  Madeline is a single mom and Patrick is single and so far childless.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:02 am

Quote :
I have a question for you. Since you play mostly hands off, (with Inteen) how do you ensure that babies are born at all? Do most of your sims take good enough care of themselves to maintain pregnancy? I really want to play in a more hands off manner (a challenge for me!), but I'm afraid that my couples won't have any heirs because they won't look after themselves.

Since I added inteen and miscarriages are possible I've been stepping in a little more to try to make sure my pregnant sims eat when their hunger starts to get really low. Them getting pregnant is never a problem, but I have had several miscarriages due to them not taking care of themselves. So far my sims haven't had a problem with carrying enough pregnancies to terms to have heirs. The birth rate has gone down though. My first queen had 7 children and 6 pregnancies. My second queen had some miscarriages, but she still had 4 children and 3 completed pregnancies.

Especially with my lower classes, I let the pregnant ladies rest a lot and have the men pick up the slack by running businesses and going fishing. Also since my peasants only have fish to grill I do have to tell them to cook sometimes, since they don't have the option to grill fish autonomously during breakfast hours. So sometimes I have to direct them to make a meal.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:29 am

I always thought it was dumb that sims were restricted to certain meals because of the time of day. I'm really happy that one of the EP's added the ability to cook whatever, whenever. With my peasant families, they have to cook what they have and they can't save leftovers. So if pregnant mom is hungry at three in the morning, an entire meal of fish is prepared, and sometimes people are pulled out of bed to eat while it's fresh.

Thanks for answering my question. I've started my kingdom, placed my couples, and played the first season at the castle. I had decided to take good care of everyone during the first season, so heirs can have a chance, then let them do their thing. I will probably step in on occasion to help the pregnant ladies because of inteen.

You have a lot of interesting stories in your kingdom. It's a lot of fun to read all the drama that happens in your families.

You have a lot of pretty sims! Emmeline is gorgeous and Justice looks like a handsome lad.

I've done a similar thing one time where I made 8 sims, 4 of each gender, threw them into a house and let them choose their mates. It was fun seeing which sims chose each other.

Byron and Jenee's kids are were quite a handful, huh? Wow.

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Oooh, I really like the look of the carpet shop.

If Tiffany was a sort of adopted daughter of Jordan's, it wouldn't be completely out of line for her to be the heir to the business, unless it would cause a problem with another sim.

There really is never a dull moment, which makes it fun to read about.

Poor Emmeline, but obviously it was meant to be.
The default couple, Abram and Lisha, certainly made the best of their pairing.
The Fun Couple made me smile; I love when that happens.

Ari, I play hands off for certain things, mostly who my sims fall in love with, and when and how often they choose to try for baby. I do have one sim who uses birth control, though. I spend some amount of time working on the things they want and working towards a LTW, but I like to let them have just as much time to do whatever they want to do. I haven't yet had a sim completely not take care of herself when pregnant, but so far I do keep an eye on it and haven't let one die of it. I'm still more hands on making sure my sims have opportunities to meet other sims, and I have prevented a few random woohoos that did not fit my story for a particular sim.

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 4:24 pm

Very cool, Cher. I'm going to try to start the second season of my new kingdom like that. I doted on them all a little bit for the first round, because I wanted to make sure each family had an heir (because I don't want one of the families going extinct). But playing more hands off sounds exciting - I've never really done that - not for an entire neighborhood. I love never having to direct sims to try for baby. I always make sure they have alone time to get their groove on, if they're inclined. Sometimes, though, they will literally drop everything and go to the bed. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 99672
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 10:10 am

Quote :
With my peasant families, they have to cook what they have and they can't save leftovers. So if pregnant mom is hungry at three in the morning, an entire meal of fish is prepared, and sometimes people are pulled out of bed to eat while it's fresh.

Mine too. I may have woken up sims or told them to go eat an extra plate before it spoils. I think it's OFB that add the options to make plates of food. I'm glad that's available, otherwise my sims would have starved.

Quote :
Thanks for answering my question. I've started my kingdom, placed my couples, and played the first season at the castle. I had decided to take good care of everyone during the first season, so heirs can have a chance, then let them do their thing. I will probably step in on occasion to help the pregnant ladies because of inteen.

That's a good idea. I didn't even add inteen until my second generation sims started university, which gave my first generation time to establish their families. I only installed it because it seemed to be the only way for young adults to get pregnant. I've found when I've tried to play a closed community, it's really important that the first generation has a lot of kids. Some of my peasants didn't have many kids and it's made it difficult for my second and third generations to find marriage partners. I had to resort to townies that I'm not feeling that attached to yet.

I like Justice a lot too. He is handsome and very popular with the ladies. I just which he would pick one to settle down with.

Quote :
Byron and Jenee's kids are were quite a handful, huh? Wow.

They were holy terrors as children. Which was weird because Byron and Jenee seemed so nice and happy. I think they might have grown up badly and started lashing out when I was playing the other households on their lot. I've noticed my sim kids that have low aspirations like to start fights.

Quote :
Oooh, I really like the look of the carpet shop.

Thanks. I should probably share some pics of my other lots too.

Quote :
If Tiffany was a sort of adopted daughter of Jordan's, it wouldn't be completely out of line for her to be the heir to the business, unless it would cause a problem with another sim.

I don't think it's out of line at all. I just have to decide between her and Avril, I guess.

Quote :
The default couple, Abram and Lisha, certainly made the best of their pairing.

Yes, they really did not seem to mind being paired together.

The way you described your play style, Cher, sound a lot like how I play. Except, for some reason, I have a few sims that don't seem to be able to locate the refrigerator and I don't know why. I've canceled out some random woohoos, mostly young teens who think that because they just had their first kiss, they need to immediately jump into bed and try for baby. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 657259
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 9:11 am

I was originally going to share more about my royal children, but then I got sidetracked by the other classes.

Princess Rosalin's first love was Trevor Cade.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ox5op4CRN91rwzrw2_500

Since they were teenage and university sweethearts, I thought for sure they were going to get married and start the next generation of the Royal family together. But then Nicolette Durden stole him away. I don't know who actually initiated their romantic interactions. I like to put the blame on Nicolette, thinking she's ambitious and out to snag a good husband, but Trevor has since proved himself to be a cheating dog, so maybe he deserved the blame all along. (Actually, I judge them both.)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_oz3svy79kL1rwzrw2_500

Both ladies got pregnant by him in university, but since Princess Rosalin had a miscarriage and Nicolette gave birth to twins, I decided Trevor and Nicolette should get married.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p4b21mNwcw1rwzrw2_500

Princess Violette hated Trevor from the time they were teens and he and Rosalin first got involved. We should have trusted her intuition. I need to change his name to "Ugh, Trevor," because that's what I think whenever his name comes up.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p4b2379i7n1rwzrw2_500

Trevor's marriage to Nicolette left Rosalin without many prospects for a future spouse. She had decent chemistry with a couple of Nicolette's brothers, but didn't know them well and they were a bit younger. She ended up breaking protocol and marrying a townie. I think Kevin Lam was originally a police officer NPC. The queen shouldn't be marrying a nobody, but I decided to bend the "rules" and pretend Kevin was foreign nobility. He wasn't a great choice once I started to develop my point system. He didn't add much to their status at all. Except for the fact that King Anton hated him and wanted to fight with him all the time, he was an okay guy.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pdtsc4iiW91rwzrw2_500

Unfortunately, Kevin died from the plague, but not after doing his duty and fathering the next generation of Royals. Rosalin had a lot of trouble carrying to term, but she ended up with four children: Elton, Laurence, and twins Calvin and Lila. On her last baby born she finally had an heir. If she hadn't had a daughter, Princess Violette and her daughters would be next in line for the throne. (I like them all a lot, so I wouldn't be too heartbroken if Rosalin had only sons.)

Prince Elton is currently at university.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 0fd2ea03276199bd0f3d3168ce3e06ee94a9ed50

Laurence (pre-makeover)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 C6f702dc4e9f9a610a680cd44d8c43fdd04ab079

Calvin and Lila are teens.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh20

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh19

Queen Rosalin has been having a lot of random love affairs since her husband died (most of them totally inappropriate) and she's just beginning her golden years.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh18
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Quote :
(Actually, I judge them both.)
Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 99672

I like the drama with Ugh, Trevor, Rosalin, and Nicolette, and how it led to poor, dead Kevin.

Calvin and Lila are both interesting-looking; very attractive.

I'm not surprised Queen Roaslin has inappropriate love affairs; her marriage to Kevin was just the slightest bit inappropriate. She's the rebel among the royalty. I'm kind of hoping that rebel strain won't die when she does!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 12:14 pm

I think the kids, especially Lila and Calvin, favor Kevin in their looks.

And here, I always thought Violette was the rebel of the Royal family, but I guess Rosalin is too.  Once Trevor was taken, there weren't many available young men in her class, so I kind of pushed her to find someone so she could continue the lineage.  If I had left her to her own devices, she probably would have been single for a lot longer.  Since she's been widowed, she's been making up for lost time.  She resumed her affair with Trevor even when Kevin was still alive, then after he died she had affairs (or at least flirtations) with a widowed Errol Cade (probably the most appropriate of her choices, even if he was her parents' age.), a teenage nobleman, Brett Burgos (who is unmarried but living with the mother of his children), and Ralph the butler.

The next generation of Royals are still young, especially the twins, so we'll have to wait and see how rebellious they end up being.  Elton has been pretty conventional so far.  He has a noble girlfriend who he will probably marry after graduation.

I thought Violette was going to be the rebel because when she was a teen, she started an affair with an adult townie named Ronan Pederson.  I expected them to run away together, but, as a knowledge sim, Violette was more interested in her education.  So she kind of forgot about him and focused on her studies, but once she graduated they reconnected, got married, and moved to a little house in the subhood.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p6sdlf8L4v1rwzrw2_500

Sadly, Ronan died from the plague immediately after coming home from work one day.  Leaving the widowed Violette on her own and pregnant with twins!

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p8gxxaG1Su1rwzrw2_500

She managed well and now the twins Rona

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh23

and Ruby are students at the university.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh22

One night when the girls were children, Violette had the urge to go stargazing.  I had a vague thought about alien abduction, but decided to let her do it because what are the odds?  Of course, she did get abducted and I had to scramble to teleport someone in and try to hire a nanny so the girls wouldn't get taken by social services.  I don't remember if I have a mod that allows for abducted females to return pregnant or if I cheated her pregnancy, but she ended up with an alien baby named Nova.  I had thought that perhaps Nova should be an outcast, but Violette's friends and family were there when she gave birth, so the secret was out and no one seems to mind that she's a little different.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh21

While she was pregnant with Nova, Violette reconnected with an old flame from university, Galen King (who is one of the foreign nobility from the subhood.)  Violette is a scientist and she "works" with Galen's parents at the medical center. Violette and Galen ended up getting married.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pfojbrvUsA1rwzrw2_500

And had a son together named Glenn.  Their little house was getting too crowded and the lot was too small to expand, so they ended up moving back to the main kingdom.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 7881c9ba10fcd7c04ce10d9dab4250d3dbd6efed
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 1:19 pm

Poor Violette. Raising twins is tough. Then to be abducted and return pregnant! I'm glad she found Galen; and Glenn is a little cutie.
Rona and Ruby are pretty, as is Nova. She's a really pretty blend of alien and sim.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Violette did very well for being in such a difficult situation. I like her and all her girls. They're next in line for the throne after Lila. I think I have an issue with the eyes that I used that makes them dominate over the alien eyes, but I agree Nova is a good mix.

I spent a lot of time post-graduation trying to find a wife for Prince Florian. He's a family sim and he wanted to get married and have children, but he was struggling to find the right woman for him.I had parties that I invited plenty of single women to. I summoned matches with the crystal ball and set him up on blind dates, but nothing was panning out.

In university he courted Beatrix Burgos. She even had a child by him, a daughter named Sabrina. But he wasn't the only man she was interested in. She also had an affair with Prince Oliver that resulted in a second daughter. Then ended up marrying Montague Durden who she has had six children with so far.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_p0xan5eGFz1rwzrw2_500

He also flirted with Elaine Cade. She ended up married to Tobias King (Galen's brother). They had two sons, divorced, and then got back togther.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pig62o7waC1rwzrw2_500

At the same time I was deciding what to do with his long time best friend, Laurel Burgos. In university she fell in love with Miriam Smith. Unfortunately Miriam died, leaving Laurel broken-hearted.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_ozskrz9YLN1rwzrw2_500

It took me awhile to find her a match, but eventually she fell in love with a townie, Wendy Day. But that didn't solve the problem that she was heir to one of the original noble households and would need an heir. I changed her preference to bi to see how she would get along with Florian romantically and they seemed agreeable to it, so I decided to pair them up. I didn't want to erase her original preference totally, so I decided to have her marry both Florian and Wendy. They all live together agreeably. I've caught Florian giving Wendy a friendly kiss, so I can tell he sees her as part of the family. The only issue I've had is that sometimes Laurel rejects Wendy in favor of Florian, so I have to keep adjusting her ACR settings.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 7b0b686ccf6ef69efa659a18fac47129d980c13f

Unfortunately, since Laurel and Florian married later in their adult years, they were unable to produce an heir. They did have two sons though, Samson

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 4502d3168e1553830f71504d074978d253c676c4

and Christian, who were named loosely after Laurel's parents.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Tumblr_inline_pryx6eoTy31rwzrw2_500

As Laurel's younger sister, Beatrix should be next in line to inherit, but she seems well established in her own household now, so decided one of her daughters should inherit. I was debating on whether or not Sabrina (as Beatrix's eldest daughter) should inherit the Burgos' household or Beatrix's household. In the end, I decided the original Burgos household would probably be more prestigious and once I remembered Florian is her father, it made even more sense. Sophie (Beatrix's son with Prince Oliver) is set to inherit Beatrix's household unless she chooses a different path. (Sophie is on the left below and Sabrina is on the right.)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh25

Sabrina already has a baby daughter, Isabelle, and just graduated from university. I moved her into the Burgos house in preparation for the next round. As long as neither of them shows an interest in anyone else, I will probably have the father of her child, Evan Cade (son of Erin Cade) join the family too.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Snapsh24
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 11:18 am

Goodness, Beatrix sure is fertile!
I really like the picture of Sophie and Sabrina. I can imagine the conversation, Sophie looks like she's really listening, and Sabrina shows a lot of personality in that picture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next