Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean

Go down 
+9
Hobbes
WittyKitty
Sugah
Ullwera
AdriannaSimmie
SimEm
autumnelle
soloaris
ilikefishfood
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Howdie! I've been a member here for a while, but am a total lurker. I've decided to step out of the shadows to introduce myself, because everyone here (especially Sugah) just seems so warm and friendly.

I've been playing TS2 since it was released in 2004 (I played TS1 before that). I have all EPs and SPs (I'm obsessed! lol!). I'm a total download-aholic, and despite many attempts at pruning my downloads folder I'm currently running my game with 5.62 GB of custom content; that's over 34,000 files in 492 folders. Rather than give up on all my must-have content, I bought a new computer that could handle the mess. lol! So you see where my priorities are!

Oh, I grew up in Toronto, but I'm from and once again live back in the Caribbean - here, they say I have a Canadian accent, when I'm in Canada they ask me if I'm British! lol!
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:53 am

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 442241 Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 34872 Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 954479

Welcome here ilikefishfood Nice to see you!

Good you are not shy any more, hope to see you in the forum soon!
Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 6234937_c017d63ea9

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:18 am

Thanks Soloaris! (nice horsey!)....I know Sugah's is like one big family...I'm hoping you don't mind one more at the dinner table Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 12612
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:47 am

Hello there! I am glad you decided to "de-lurk" and I look forward to getting to know you better around the forums.

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 599369
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:33 am

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 954479 I'm glad you decided to come out of lurking. I know you won't regret it. Grab a chair to the dinner table and welcome to the group!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:24 am

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 34872

So glad you decided to delurk! Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:27 am

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 954479

Love your avatar!!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:28 am

How wonderful! I'm so glad you decided to introduce yourself. Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 319331

Quote :
I'm currently running my game with 5.62 GB of custom content; that's over 34,000 files in 492 folders.

wow!

Now THAT is a lot of downloads. I think the most I've ever had at one time is 14,000, but I could be wrong about that.
I like that you decided to just get a new computer (that could handle your addiction), as opposed to giving up any of your "must have" content. Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 598258

I didn't know you were from St. Kitts/Nevis!
Hubby and I vacationed on St. Kitts a few years back. We absolutely loved it there and have fond memories of the place.

Oops! Need to make it official...

Welcome to Sugah's Place. I hope you'll make yourself at home and stay awhile. It's nice to have you here.

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 954479
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Thank you everybody. I feel very happy here already!

Yes, Sugah......St. Kitts and Nevis is home now. I was born here, but moved to a neighbouring island, Montserrat (the one with the volcano) when I was a baby. Migrated to Canada from there as a teen, and only moved back to St. Kitts and Nevis a few years ago. I didn't know it that well, as I'd only ever visited as a child....so it's been an adventure getting to know my country.

If you guys ever visit again, I hope you look me up. Dinner at my place!
Back to top Go down
WittyKitty

WittyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Welcome to the Forums!

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Thank you Witty Kitty! (love your name! Hee hee)
Back to top Go down
WittyKitty

WittyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:00 am

Thanks!

I really do hope you enjoy it here! I'm still very new, and I've enjoyed it!

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean Affraid you really do have a lot of content! I'm a avid downloader to, but I'm still a bit new to it.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Oh give it time Witty! Especially if you hang around these parts! lol!

Actually most of my custom content is hair, and decorative items. I love adding clutter to my simmies homes to make them more authentic. The other space gobbler for me is custom food, cars.......and body types. I like varieties of body shapes so I use body builder skintones, and the athletic girl and fashion model ones.....and generally speaking they're pretty big files. But boy does it make for an interesting looking neighborhood!

But, I know folks who have nearly 10GB of custom content. It must take an eternity to load, 'cause mine takes 15 minutes with all that stuff. Once I'm in game though it works like a dream.

So here's a game. Let's monitor the size of your DL folder. How much is it now, and then every month or so you can report back and let us know if it's getting bigger! My bets are on rapid expansion.

Once you start.........laughin
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Wow Toni!! That's a lot of CC and I thought my folder was big Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 128862 . You are right, once you start you just can't stop.
So glad to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:36 pm

It's a pleasure to meet you, ilikefishfood. You'll love it here.

I assume you like fish food. Do you like fish sticks?

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 442241
Back to top Go down
http://hobbes.forumotion.com/
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:21 am

Welcome! I'm happy you decided to join us.

I confess that I'm a recovering downloadaholic, myself. My original game had over 10,000 downloads and load times were excruciating. This was especially aggravating as a storyteller everytime I needed a wardrobe or hairstyle change for a scene. Clothes and hair were my main weaknesses. And not to mention I had many conflicting downloads, though I suspect it was because I had older hacks that hadn't been updated for Apartment Life after I installed it. It was so hard to play, that I actually made another account on my computer so I could have a fresh clean game to make sims for Sugah's and actually play the game once in awhile. Omg loading bodyshop on my original account was a nightmare!

I've since gotten a new computer and had to reinstall everything. Rather than transfer all the downloads over, I decided to start fresh - except for hair because I'm not a saint! Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 99672 I'm trying to be very careful about what I put in because purging is a real pain and I'm enjoying my 2 minute load time.

Wow. I totally feel like I just made a confession. Hello. My name is Ari and I'm a Downloadaholic. Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 97206

Anyway, always room at the table for more! And that means more food - hooray!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:01 am

I hear ya about the loading time, ladies!
When I had 14,000 downloads, I could unload and load a dishwasher, make the bed and throw in a load of laundry by the time the dang game loaded up.
That was before the new RAM & better graphics card.

I think my downloads folder is @ around 1.94 GB currently.
Mostly, it contains a few necessities (a bit of hair & clothing). But since I use this puter to create, I pretty much only have object/meshes I'd like to recolor (or have already recolored).
If I played more, I would definitely have more downloads!

Lady A wrote:
Rather than transfer all the downloads over, I decided to start fresh - except for hair because I'm not a saint! I'm trying to be very careful about what I put in because purging is a real pain and I'm enjoying my 2 minute load time.
Wow. I totally feel like I just made a confession. Hello. My name is Ari and I'm a Downloadaholic.

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 683951
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:22 am

Wow! Thank you all so much for making me feel so welcome! I can't believe it took me so long to say hi. Being the new kid on the block is always a little intimidating, but you guys make me feel so welcome! I promise to pay it forward and pay attention to all the new people who introduce themselves from now on ;-)

Ullwera, I love cats (especially baby ones) because they are just so very cool! The one in my avi pretty much sums me up when I'm not working. I've elevating loafing around to a fine art! lol!

Speaking of felines......Hobbesx, I am the BIGGEST Calvin and Hobbes fan! I just think that that is most clever comic strip ever! I've been known to quote Calvin! lol! I've actually still got most of the compilation books, which I've had for years! When I returned to the islands from Canada, they did not get packed in the boxes to be shipped later....oh no, they were packed in the suitcases that arrived with me. What can I say?! *sheepish grin*

So, I like fish....the fish food, not so much. laughin Years ago when I was setting up an email account, all my usual ones were taken (my birthstone, my first name, etc etc), and I was desperately searching my brain for inspiration, and an ooooooolllllllddd short-lived song from a silly Sesame Street montage popped into my head. It went like this: "I like fish food, you do too. Don't look now your hair is blue. Day and night all bright and new. Up is down and I love you." And that was that! Been ilikefishfood for over ten years now! Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 774807

Now Sugah, how oh how did you get down to less than 2GB of downloads?

Astal Faery, the opposite thing happened to me when I got a new computer. I rationalized that it could handle more DL's. lol! I'd pruned my way down to 4+ GB, and since the transfer of all my stuff to my pc.....the folder size has been slowly climbing. Did I mention that I've got a whole ton of stuff downloaded and waiting to be unzipped and sorted and moved in my game? Oh maaaaaaaan!

Ok......it's time. Hi, my name is Toni and I too am a Downloadaholic.
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:52 pm

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 13178830ROPKhkFxew_ph

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 128862

Last edited by soloaris on Fri May 28, 2010 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:58 pm

@ Soloaris! Ha haaaaaa! Priceless!
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 99672 yes it fits good, when I read your post and then found that picture.. it just cracked me up...
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:42 pm

LOL!! Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 99672
Back to top Go down
WittyKitty

WittyKitty

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptySat May 29, 2010 11:23 pm

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 363286
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:14 am

Toni wrote:
Ok......it's time. Hi, my name is Toni and I too am a Downloadaholic.

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 99672

And Jackie, that pic hilarious!!! Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 598258

Quote :
Being the new kid on the block is always a little intimidating, but you guys make me feel so welcome! I promise to pay it forward and pay attention to all the new people who introduce themselves from now on ;-)

I am so glad you feel welcome here, Toni. It's wonderful having you and I'm lovin' the whole "pay it forward" mentality. Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 408427

Quote :
I am the BIGGEST Calvin and Hobbes fan!

Me, too! I have several of the C & H books and have always found it the most hilarious comic strip of our time.

Quote :
Years ago when I was setting up an email account ... I was desperately searching my brain for inspiration, and an ooooooolllllllddd short-lived song from a silly Sesame Street montage popped into my head. It went like this: "I like fish food, you do too. Don't look now your hair is blue. Day and night all bright and new. Up is down and I love you." And that was that! Been ilikefishfood for over ten years now!

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 683951

I don't remember that for as many years as I watched Sesame Street. Too funny and thanks for sharing.

Thank you for being with us here, Toni. I'm so happy you are no longer lurking and have become a part of our little family. Greetings from the sunny Caribbean 319331
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the sunny Caribbean   Greetings from the sunny Caribbean Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the sunny Caribbean
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next