Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Gender Preference

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Gender Preference Empty
PostSubject: Gender Preference   Gender Preference EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm

I sent a PM to Cyjon, who has published the definitive guide to sims chemistry, asking about gender preference. I'm passing his answer on here. Gender preference has everything to do with the "Flirt" interaction, and it affects the "flirtee" rather than the flirter. If a male flirts with another sim, that sim's gender preference for males goes up 2, and the preference for females goes down 0.5. If a female does the flirting, the preference for males goes down 0.5 and the preference for females goes up 2.

He noted, with some amusement, that this would confirm the worst fears of the right wing, that sexual preference is influenced. affraid (I think that one of the best features of the sims is that it is not judgmental - gay, straight, black, asian, white make absolutely no difference!)

Chemistry is affected (he didn't say how much) by the sign of the preference +/- Thus a sim with Male:+n Female:-m will have added attraction to males and lessened attraction to females - the magnitudes of n and m don't matter. A sim with Male:+n Female+m, will have added attraction to either sex. I think that the gender attraction Male:-n Female:-m is mathematically impossible. Would such a sim be looking for a third sex? Or would such a sim have a different agender? Gender Preference 97206
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

Gender Preference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender Preference   Gender Preference EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks for sharing his reply, Mac. I do consider Cyjon to be one of most knowledgeable modders for Sims 2.

I've often had trouble with setting gender preferences the way I'd like, so in a pinch I just use the Sim Blender. But this will help me to handle preferences without the use of that mod.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Gender Preference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender Preference   Gender Preference EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 am

On further investigation, flirting also affects the flirter. A female flirting with a male will gain 2 for males and lose 0.5 for females, a female flirting with a female will gain 2 for females and lose 0.5 for males. Similar for males.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Gender Preference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender Preference   Gender Preference EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Mac wrote:
I think that one of the best features of the sims is that it is not judgmental - gay, straight, black, asian, white make absolutely no difference!
Gender Preference 357604 

Amen to THAT, Sir Mac!

Cap'n Mac wrote:
Gender preference has everything to do with the "Flirt" interaction, and it affects the "flirtee" rather than the flirter...
On further investigation, flirting also affects the flirter.
Interesting!
Good information. Thank you for sharing!!!
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Gender Preference Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gender Preference   Gender Preference Empty

Back to top Go down

Gender Preference
Page 1 of 1