Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71

Go down 
+2
Sugah
Caleb_71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Empty
PostSubject: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:07 am

This was originally posted by Morague in the SimPE Forum, I have just expanded on it and added pics, for those that need a visual guide.

I have posted this on an adult site, so for those that don't frequent those sites, here it is.

You will need SimPE.

First we need to find the Character File.

Open SimPE

Under 'Tools', hover your mouse over 'Neigborhood', a sub menu will show, in that click 'Neighborhood Browser'.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic1-1

When it opens, click on the Hood the sim you want to change is in and then click 'Open'. It will take a while, don't touch anything, just wait. Keep an eye on the SimPE border at the bottom left of the screen as you will see 'please wait' and a building of the data base needed.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic3-1

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic2a

Back up to Tools', hover your mouse over 'Neigborhood', a sub menu will show, in that click 'Sim Browser'.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic2-1

When it opens, put a tick in 'playable' only.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic4-1

Now this what we need to change gender, so find the name of the Sim and write down the Filename, In my case it is N005_User00977, if you have others, write down their Filenames as well.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic5-1

Once you have the Filenames, close the Sim Browser Window by clicking the red cross in the top right hand corner of that window.

Up to 'File', in the Menu click 'Close'.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic5a

Now to change the Gender of the Sim.

Up to File and click 'Open'.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic6-1

Open that Character file in SimPe - the Character files are located in the My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Neighborhood/N00?/Characters folder. The ? needs to be replaced by the number in your Filename, in my case 5 from N005. Find the Filename and then click open.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic7-1

Click 'Catalogue Description' and make sure you have the right Filename'. Make sure you click 'Plugin View' in the bottom pane, so you can see the details.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic8-2

Now click 'Age Data'.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic9

Now in the Plugin View' click 'Gender'.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic9a

Now on the right hand side of the 'Plugin View', you need to change the 'Value' to what you want. Make sure to click 'Commit' after the change.

0x00000001 is female & 0x00000002 is male

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic9b

Now click on 'Property Set', there will be quite a few depending on the number of Ep's you have. You have to click on every one of those and change the 'Gender' as in the 'Age Data' screens above.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic10

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic10a

Important. When you have finished the changes, go up to 'File' in the Menu click 'Save'.

Last part.

Up to 'Tools', 'Neighborhood' open your Hood with 'Neighborhood Browser', after it has opened, up to 'Tools', 'Neighborhood' this time 'Sim Surgery', find the Sim you have changed, click 'Use' and then close the Window ny clicking the red cross.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic11

In the 'Plugin View' with Overview showing, change the 'Treat as' to either male or female depending what you did earlier.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Pic12

Important. When you have finished the changes, go up to 'File' in the Menu click 'Save'.

That is all you have to do with SimPE, so you can close it.

The only thing left is to go into game, if the Sim was a baby or child the changes won't take effect until they age up, for Teen and above just go to a mirror and click 'Change Appearance', click 'OK' your Sim has changed gender.

Just to show Daniel Pleasant on entering the lot, after his gender change.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Daniel2

After going to the mirror, a name change might be in order.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Daniel1
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 21650

Woah! This is some wild stuff, Russ!
I can't think of an occasion where I'd use this interesting tutorial, but I have no doubt others might.

Thank you for taking the time & effort to provide images & also, to explain each of the steps in detail.

It's so funny you should choose to show Daniel Pleasant with the sex change.
I've always loathed that adulterous SOB! Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 971462

However will he explain his "operation" to the twins? Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 97206

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 28795 Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 868736 Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 367799
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Jemcrystal

PostSubject: hi   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Sorry if this is a little off subject but could someone direct me to where I can find a tutorial/guide as elaborate as this guide that tells how to use Plastic Surgery in SimPE? Not to be confused with genetics, please, as I note there is much on that already. I need something more basic - the beginner's stuff - of how to do Plastic Surgery. I find SimPE greatly confusing and much a headache. I usually give up 2 seconds after opening the program (yes I installed it right). I just mean to say it's too not user friendly. And it's site it atrocious - forum after forum of people asking for help and no one answering them.

Please, just something basic and simple. How do I use Plastic Surgery?
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Jemcrystal wrote:
Sorry if this is a little off subject but could someone direct me to where I can find a tutorial/guide as elaborate as this guide that tells how to use Plastic Surgery in SimPE? Not to be confused with genetics, please, as I note there is much on that already. I need something more basic - the beginner's stuff - of how to do Plastic Surgery. I find SimPE greatly confusing and much a headache. I usually give up 2 seconds after opening the program (yes I installed it right). I just mean to say it's too not user friendly. And it's site it atrocious - forum after forum of people asking for help and no one answering them.

Please, just something basic and simple. How do I use Plastic Surgery?

Sorry Jemcrystal. I don't know how to use plastic surgery in SimPe to change appearance. I've only ever used it to change skintones.

But there are a couple of really stable mods that let you do plastic surgery during game: TwoJeff's Sim Blender or Aaroneous' Sim Manipulator .

On the blender, the Plastic surgery feature is under 'appearance,' on the Sim Manipulator it's it's under the Misc menu...and then under 'change appearance...plastic surgery.'

Any sim can use it, and it gives the option to perform plastic surgery on any sim on the lot, even townies and NPCs.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:35 pm

The only way I know to do plastic surgey in SimPe, is by going into the game, making a sim exactly the way you want your existing sim to look and then exiting the game. (You don't even have to move the new sim into a lot. You can leave them in the sim bin) Open Simpe, click on Tools - Neighborhood - Neighborhood Browser, open the Neighborhood your sims are in (the original sim and the new sim need to be in the same neighborhood.) Once the neighborhood data loads, click on Tools - Neighborhood - Sim Surgery. On the left of the box that opens up there will be pictures and the names of all of the sims in the neighborhod. Click on the original sim (the one whose appearance you want to change) then click on the link that says "use" under the patient sim. Find the new sim that you made (the way you want your original sim to look) and click "use" under archetype sim. Once you've chosen them, click on "surgery" When you go back into your game, your original sim should now look exactly like the new sim you made. This only changes their appearance, not what facial features they might pass on to their children.

That's the only way I know to do it with SimPe. I could probably come up with some screenshots to illustrate if you need them, but honestly, I think they ways ilikefishfood described will be a lot more effective and easier to do. Instead of needing to make a whole new sim, the university plastic surgery reward, sim blender (that was the one I was trying to remember the name of in my last post lol) or sim manipulator gives you options to directly alter the sim you already have, starting with the facial features they already had.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:23 am

I did a small tutorial of changing anything about a sim's look in this thread:

https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net/t815-how-to-replace-in-game-sims-using-simpe-by-caleb

At the bottom of the post is a link to a guide with pictures over at Insim.
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Completely AWESOME! I have babies I want to be other genders for certain families.
My hoods are for the most part women. Just think of Amazons. lol This is just what I needed!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Caleb!!!

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 130744
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplysimfulcreations.com
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Simply Simful wrote:
My hoods are for the most part women. Just think of Amazons.

I have hoods with no males, as I use a hack when I first enter a neighbourhood (after linking all the sub hoods) that nukes every male. I just create a female, move them into a house and use it. Once done there is no way to get any back, as they are gone. As the game runs, every NPC is created as female.
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Teach me!!! lol I can't play with males easily and my hoods are all female!! Oh Caleb, the things you can teach!!!

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 28795

Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Simply Simful wrote:
Teach me!!! lol I can't play with males easily and my hoods are all female!! Oh Caleb, the things you can teach!!!

You have a PM, as that hack is on an adult site.
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Got it and thank you so much!!! Now I have to figure it out. lol This is going to be awesome!!! Thank you so much again!!!

Tried this on Mortimer Goth and I failed. I must have done something wrong. When I tried to save, SimPe thew an exception and said it could not open Pleasantview. Then it said several times it could not save because I was out of memory. There was no way I was out of memory. lol So, Morty ended up with a female body, mans voice and it was insane, so I killed him off. Not sure where I went wrong. Great tutorial if I can just understand what went wrong! lol UGG!!

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 130744
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Russ wrote:
I use a hack when I first enter a neighbourhood (after linking all the sub hoods) that nukes every male.

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 WHAT

It doesn't really NUKE 'em, right? They just disappear? affraid

SS wrote:
Great tutorial if I can just understand what went wrong!

I'm thinking Russ (Caleb) might be able to help you with the failed/out of memory issue, SS, if he hasn't PMed you already about this matter. Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 584675

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 am

Haven't heard yet. Yes, the mod does nuke them all! I have it thanks to Russ! lol I have all female hoods now!! YAY!!!!

Muahaha
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:59 am

SimPe can be quite nasty, if you get it wrong when changing things. I learnt the hard way when I was changing something and it locked the computer up, after a hard restart the hood I was working on had been deleted, one of the reasons I never play an original hood (they are flawed already before you start) and always back up my Sims 2 Folder often.

When changing something and SimPe throws an error, go back if you can and double check everything you changed has been changed, if not fix what hasn't changed and remember to always 'commit' and 'save'.
Back to top Go down
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi Russ!!!

I sure will go through all the steps again. I am working in Pleasantview and you are so right about it being flawed. Thanks EA/Maxis! Thank you for confirming the steps again.

Hugs!

SS/Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71   Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sims 2 Gender Change Tutorial using SimPE by Caleb_71
Page 1 of 1