Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Empty
PostSubject: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Changing Genetics using SimPE

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step1tutorialgeneticssi

Depending on your OS, open SimPE - for me, since I have Windows Vista, I have to right click on the SimPE.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step2tutorialgeneticsop

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step3tutorialgeneticsse

First, let's locate the skin in question. To view just the object by itself, click on 'File' and 'Open'. Now mine goes right to the folder I want where the skin is located which is in my Makeup/Skintones folder.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step4viewingimage

To view and make sure the image that you want is correct, in the Resource Tree, click on where it reads jpg/tga/png Image, then click on the same line in the Resource List and the image should show up below in the 'Plugin View'

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Tutorialgeneticsdtstrin

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Tutorialgeneticsfamilyd

Now to change a skin, you need the family(dtString) information. To find this information, click on 'Skin Tone XML (XSTN)' in the Resource Tree again. In the 'Resource List' there should be something that says 'Light'. Click on that and below in the 'Plugin View' and look until you see the family line I mentioned before. Write down that number or copy it into a notepad document like so:

My Poor Lover - 03: 46da9f59-40c0-5b78-f070-678340af1b2c (Kazuki)

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step7opennbrowser

Close the object by clicking the 'x'. Now, go under 'Tools' 'Neighborhood' and 'Neighborhood Browser' in order to get to the sim in question that you're trying to change.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step7tutorialgeneticssi

Once the neighborhood is loaded - which you'll notice by the name of the neighborhood appearing in the title bar next to the SimPe name - then go back to 'Tools' 'Neighborhood' except this time select 'Sim Browser'. It'll take a minute or two so be patient for it to load all the sims in the neighborhood.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step8tutorialgeneticsse

Once you've found the sim you want just click on the picture and it'll highlight the row, then click 'Open' and it'll load a character card that tells the sims basic information.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step9tutorialgeneticssi

Go to the icon that reads 'MORE' and scroll down til you see 'Sim DNA'and if you click on it a second tab beside the one that depicts your sims picture and basic information should show up in the plugin view window at the bottom.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Step10tutorialgeneticsd

If you'll notice there's 2 areas: Dominant Gene, Recessive Gene. The only parts that you should change without worry are the Eye, Hair, Skintone and Skintone Range areas. Don't worry about the facial features at all.

Now, as I said, we were going to change the Skintone - and what I mean is the DOMINANT skintone which is the skintone that you see in the game; the recessive features are what could be passed to their children. Now the information you copied down before when we started, that's what you'll need to input in the 'Skintone' & 'Skintone Range' areas. After you've done so, click 'Commit'. If you want to change the skintone in the recessive area, you can do so as well, and make sure whenever you make any changes, you ALWAYS click 'Commit', but once you've completed the process, you also hit 'Save' before closing out, but the game will give a pop-up box asking if you wish to save any changes you've made within the neighborhood you've been working in. Hit 'Yes'.

Now open your game and see if your changes were effective!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Thank you for posting this useful tutorial for us, Jean.
I appreciate you taking the time to type it all out complete with helpful images.

Would love to see some before and after snapshots demonstrating this process.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Adl4b9a0a12a34e2009890179
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Simply Simful

Simply Simful

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:44 am

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) 147390

Me too Sugah! That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplysimfulcreations.com
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm

As promised, here's the long awaited demonstration of the genetics change in action. I used my founder for my upcoming Widow challenge as an example:

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Litageneticstutorialbas

Her skintone is by Christin and the eyes are Myst. Eyes - Warm Brown. Well...I want to change them to something better so, into SimPE we go and I'll show you...

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Geneticstutorialeyechan

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Geneticsskintonechanges

Here's the eye and skin tones I wish to have...as shown before, go into the Sim DNA area in order to change the dominant and recessive traits for your sim.

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Geneticstutorialcurrent

These are her current stats...

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Geneticstutorialchanged

And here are her stats after inputting the new information

And after going back into game, here is the result:

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Geneticstutorialafterpi

Ta da! Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) 247485

Now I will give you a heads up. I actually had to redo her in CAS because for some reason I could not get rid of these eyes no matter what I did and they didn't come up as contacts either, which was the only other thought I had as to why they didn't change, but it seemed I was incorrect. I checked and made sure my numbers were correct and they were; however, I had this happen with another sim in another one of my games, and I'm not 100% sure why that happens because even if it's genetic, I would think it would still change regardless. But...that's how it's done ladies and gents! Thank you for your attention and patience. Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) 940149
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the visual on changing genetics in SimPE, Jean.
I appreciate you doing this for us.

Quote :
I used my founder for my upcoming Widow challenge...

Oooooh! Do you mean she is going to star in Elle's Black Heart Challenge?
I sure hope you'll share it with us HERE, if so. Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) 266736

She looks beautiful in her new skin, btw ... and I love that hair!
Who are the creators of both, may I ask?

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm still getting things set up in the other neighborhood where my legacies and challenges will take place separate from my Uberhood, and yes, I will when I get around to it. :)

The skin is by Pooklet, it's called "My Poor Lover" (she's retired, but her downloads are all here.
And the hair is Newsea Lucky Star - which you can find that all over, but here's a link from GOS.

:D
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 pm

Thank you so much for the links, Jean. I appreciate them! Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) 687310

Quote :
I'm still getting things set up in the other neighborhood where my legacies and challenges will take place separate from my Uberhood, and yes, I will when I get around to it.

dancintrio

I look forward to it. I DO hope your neighborhood is coming along nicely! Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) 584675
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I try to help where I can Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) 738528

Well, tonight, I'll finally be actually able to spend time in it. This week has surprisingly been busy for me ~_~;;; Goodness gracious....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)   Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Using SimPE to change genetics (eye/skin)
Page 1 of 1