Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb Empty
PostSubject: How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb   How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

My way of doing it is a bit long but, I usually open SimPE and then on the Tools Menu, under Neighborhood click Neighborhood Browser and find the Hood you want and open it, wait for it to load and then again on the Tools Menu under Neighborhood click Sim Surgery. Find the Sim you want to change from in the left pane and click on it, then in the right pane under Patient Sim, click use. Now click Export and then Save. Close SimPE.

Why I clone the original Sim is so I get the same colour hair, eyes and similar skintone, rather than go off memory.
I also use Repacement Faceplates rather than Maxis.

Now I open Bodyshop, find the Sim I want to do a make over to and Clone it. After you have finished cloning go back and delete the original Sim. Close Bodyshop.

Now start your game and go to CAS in the Hood the new Sim is in and create your Sim, I usually pick the same first name and change the last letter of the Surname, as it doesn't matter as this Sim will end up deleted anyway. Do any tweaking now and finish off with Save. You can close your game now.

Open SimPE and then on the Tools Menu, under Neighborhood click Neighborhood Browser and find the Hood you want and open it, wait for it to load and then again the Tools Menu under Neighborhood click Sim Surgery. Find the Sim you want to change from in the left pane and click on it, then in the right pane under Patient Sim, click use. Now find the Sim you are going to change to and click on it, then in the right pane under Archtype Sim, click use. Now click Sim Surgery at the bottom. Now click Save package on the top Menu Bar. Close SimPE.

Now go back in game, check your Sim has been changed and then delete the Sim in the Sim Bin.

If your game takes a while to load plan how to do the above by doing multiples.

With 7Gb of CC mine takes about 4 minutes to load, good luck.

EDIT:

I found a version of this with pictures by wirelessguy over at Insim, but you might have to register if not a member.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,18184.0.html

Last edited by Caleb_71 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb   How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Excellent!
Thank you so much for this clear, easy to comprehend tutorial on how to replace in game Sims, Russ.

I appreciate you sharing it with us.
This is terrific!!!

:thanx:
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Russ you are awsome!   How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Now this is such a neat thread Russ it will be very helpful with those townies! How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb 21650
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb   How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Replace in Game Sims Using SimPE by Caleb
Page 1 of 1