Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:46 pm

I enjoyed both M&M6 and M&M7. I also enjoyed Arcomage - it even came out as a separate game. M&M8 was a disaster - and generally perceived as such. It was the swan song of 3DO. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 729422

PS Check out Zoe in my neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Does anyone use the boolprop cheat called "Sim Modder" here?
If I knew about it a long time ago, when I was playing more, I must've forgotten.

My daughter uses it a LOT (she plays with all EPs up to Bon Voyage) and NO downloads on a MacBook Pro.
Evidently the Sim Modder (it looks like a baby in a diaper standing up) does a whole bunch of cool stuff.
You can change so many things (wants, aspirations, relationships, personalities) and make so much happen using it (skills, cures, instant new relationships, etc., etc).
She told me she's never had any issues with it ... so far.
It's really quite the cheat.

If you haven't checked it out and don't like using hacks, this might be the cheat for you!
If you HAVE used the Sim Modder, what is your experience with it?
Do you like it? Ever have any issues with it?
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:23 pm

I did try Sim Modder but for some reason - so long ago I've forgotten why - decided not to use it. I do rely (heavily) on The Sim Blender

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=20.0

I always use it at the beginning of a new sim to set LTW, also use it for name changes. Sounds like the same idea more or less.

I did just now notice that you can use it to set relationships - some of the sims in my 'hood are (allegedly) sisters (Zoe and Valera Aster) or cousins (Tiona and Shanti). I may try using the hack to make it "official".
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Quote :
I did try Sim Modder but for some reason - so long ago I've forgotten why - decided not to use it. I do rely (heavily) on The Sim Blender

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 637989 Yeah, me too. They only reason I think I haven't used it in ages is because there are hacks like sim blender that do essentially the same thing and you don't have to go to the trouble to type in the boolprop cheat.

I need to try it out again some time and remind myself what it does.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:56 am

Simblender can create family relationships, too. I used it during our LaFemme days to make us siblings, since some of the sims were made at different times.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:03 am

Ari wrote:
Simblender can create family relationships, too.

This is very good to know.
Do the tentative fam members have to be living with one another?
Or, say, can you make someone a fam member's mother who is NOT living in the same abode?

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:10 pm

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 578473 Just had to share!!! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 74257

After waiting for what seems like forever for a used copy of Mansion & Garden SP to appear at Half Price Books...
I finally decided I'd use some of my "mad money" (which is usually spent on Baylee Marie or Daughter #2 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 598258 ) on a brand new copy.

Well, at Target, I found Fun with Pets Collection (I don't need Pets, but will keep it just in case something happens to my other copy).
However, for $19.99, not only did I get the Pets EP, but I also got Family Fun Stuff (which I didn't have) AND Mansion & Garden Stuff!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 366915 WOOHOO!!! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 366915

I'm going to make a back up copy of my EA Games folder, then install both SPs tonight or early this week, hopefully.

Upon seeing Toni's STUNNING NEW DIGS, I couldn't wait any longer for all of the gorgeous garden stuff that comes with M & G. Just had to have it, even if it meant paying full price (though I DID get two other items with it).

If you haven't seen her amazing ALL MAXIS abode, you truly must!
It's SIMply gorgeous, folks!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Wow - that's a really good deal. I still have a few more stuff packs to get before I officially have it all. I managed to find Ikea and Kitchen and Bath for $8 each at our half price books in Ft. Wayne, but I haven't installed them yet.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Ari wrote:
I managed to find Ikea and Kitchen and Bath for $8 each at our half price books...

Good deal. That's where I found my copies. I really like those two stuff packs, Ari.
I hope you will, too.
Still haven't backed up my EA Games folder (in order to install M & G and FF Stuff), but will get to it this week, hopefully.

I haven't been able to find a copy of Prima Game Guide for Bon Voyage and am thinking I might have to break down and order it on Amazon.
It's the one last thing I've been wanting for my game.

Let me know what you think of Ikea and Kitchen & Bath, m'lady. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 21650
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:10 am

I haven't tested it yet but it looks promising. This is a global mod that is mainly useful if you play (as I do) with walls down. It replaces the dark brown wall cross section with a white one. It's on ModTheSims.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=443534&goto=newpost&postedt=1#post3531821
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:56 am

"Away You Ugly Thing!" - Wall Top Texture Replacement

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 598258

I'm lovin' the name!

I, too, normally play with the walls down, Mac.
Thank you for sharing this discovery with us. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 21650
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:51 am

The "Away You Ugly Thing" mod seems to work fine - haven't noticed any side effects either. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Excellent! :thanx:
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Another interesting hack: This one allows you to add anyone in the neighborhood (or subhoods) to your list of acquaintances. Then it's up to you. It's a bit more realistic than just teleporting someone in.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/445336

I've tried it and it seems to work find with no problems. Gathering positive response on the MTS site.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:58 pm

This is a really neat idea. It makes more sense to look up a sim's number than to teleport them to the lot to meet them. And you'd expect the relationship to start from 0/0 rather than a relationship boost. I don't know why Maxis didn't have something like this all along instead of what they originally intended - sitting around and hoping the 'right sim' would stroll by your house or you would meet them downtown. I wonder if this plays nice with other mods?
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

So far as I know, it "plays nice" with any mods I already have installed. There are 67 comments with no mention of problems except for an "Easy Phone" hack (I haven't heard of that one). The creator seems to be an experienced one in MTS. Apparently it's some variant of something in University (I have Uni, but I never play it).

I have noticed, however, that before you can e-mail a sim (at least using Monique's hacked computer), you must 'phone them first, then they appear anong the possible e-mail recipients.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:33 pm

How cool is this? And it sounds very handy, too!

Ari wrote:
I don't know why Maxis didn't have something like this all along instead of what they originally intended - sitting around and hoping the 'right sim' would stroll by your house or you would meet them downtown.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 357604 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 637989

Thank you for sharing Phae's Phone Book hack with us, Mac. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 21650
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Life Imitates Art

The Sims had Grilled Cheese all along, now comes this restaurant startup

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/06/22/what-prospects-in-the-grilled-cheese-and-soup-space/?iid=HP_River laughin

Let's send Arnie Schwarzenegger and Tom Cruise right over there! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 97206
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:50 am

Ari and I have been investigating a MTS2 hack that allows sims to fight burglars themselves. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 364885

http://www.modthesims.info/d/448903

So far, we don't have too much info except that it does not seem to work if you have a burglar alarm installed - in that case, the cop seems to be the one that does the fighting. I'm currently playing a house without an alarm and hoping SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 266736 (be careful what you wish for) that a burglar comes along. The sim resident in question is a dancing girl with body 6 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 247485and we'll see how she fares.

Since the hack is a mod of the werewolf SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 74257 , you do need to have Sims Pets installed.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:21 am

I can't actually take any credit for investigating it yet, Mac. I have it installed, and many of my homes have burglar alarms. But it one of my poor peasants gets robbed, I'll be sure to add my input! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:38 am

Astral Faery wrote:
I can't actually take any credit for investigating it yet, Mac.

In a lot of areas, including much of science, "investigating" consists of setting something up and waiting for something to happen. In my book, we are both "investigating" SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 12612 (We'll see who publishes first - also part of science SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 97206)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Quote :
I'm currently playing a house without an alarm and hoping (be careful what you wish for) that a burglar comes along.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 598258

Sounds like an interesting hack.
I do not play with Pets, but will be interested in what you two discover.
Thank you for sharing!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 534790
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Well, burglars aren't always the smartest. He passed by the house of Hysterical Paroxysm (a Sims creator - body points 3) and Christina Orion (Orion is a Hunter, after all SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 128862 - Architect - body points zero) and chose instead to burgle the house of Shrek and Fiona Ogre. Baaad choice! Shrek and Fiona are in humanoid form, not Ogreoid (Orgeoid ?????) form. Nonetheless, he is an athlete and fitness freak and has a body skill of 10.

Not much of a contest!
SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 Snapshot_b567c221_1b445e48

Technical notes: You need to have Pets installed. It appears that you cannot have a burglar alarm, otherwise the cop gets to fight instead (the cop doesn't always win). You have to wake up the sim, then click on the burglar and select "Attack". You man notice that Shrek's face appears a bit strange. The hack was cloned from the werewolf SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 74257 - maybe that has something to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Oh cool! You finally got robbed, hooray! Thanks for passing the information along. I'm happy the mod works like its supposed to. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 12612
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:34 pm

Just noticed, in MTS2, a hack that changes all of the default names to Norse - might be useful for some of you who are playing alternative neighborhoods. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 364885

Here's the link:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/460030
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next