Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:36 am

I love name replacement mods. I have a medieval one in my medieval game - sure makes the experience more immersing without Goopys and Ivy Copurs running around.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am

And the guy in my 'hood, Goopy, looks, well.. Goopy! laughin Actually, most of the guys do look goopy. I've incorporated a few of the NPC women who walk by - a little eye makeup and hairdo can make quite a difference. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 338947 (E.g. Nerissa on pg 9 of my hood)
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:33 am

I somehow overlooked this post. Yes, I tend to grab passersby and give them a quick hair fix, at the very least.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 243713 to Ari for pointing out this thread again. See my post in Mac's hood page 20 regarding fighting burglars. A sim with body of 2 beat up a burglar and got him to give up his loot. Apparently a low body sim can (at least sometimes) succeed. Don't mess with dancing girls! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 364885
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:16 am

Ha ha ha, that's great news. And I agree with that - now that I'm a dancin' girl, myself. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 12612
Back to top Go down
beckylynn2109

beckylynn2109

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:12 pm

i would like to let everyone know that Paegin Sims now has a Facebook Fan Page. Check us out here: https://www.facebook.com/PaeginSims It's a little slow right now but should pick up soon.
Back to top Go down
https://beckylynnsims.freeforums.net/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:46 pm

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 21650 and SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 367799
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:31 am

I haven't checked out all the features, and I usually don't do community lots too much, but this one might be fun

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:09 pm

wow!

VERY COOL, Mac! I love it!!!
What a fabulous, fun Wet n Wicked water park!
Thank you for sharing this with us.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 28795
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:25 pm

I just had to share this on the last Wednesday of the summer that I had Bay. verklempt

My grandgirl saw a pic of Sage Shanti, our Miss July 2012 that I'd taken in game.
(For those interested, you can find her HERE).
Well, she was instantly smitten with my yoga lovin' Sim and immediately started asking questions about Sims 2 (Is it hard to play? What do you do? etc., etc).
I answered her as best I could, then asked her aunt what SHE thought as well.
Auntie decided to fire up her Sims so Bay could see for herself and ...
What fun we had today!
Bay was mesmerized by all the possibilities as she watched her aunt play.
Baylee directed her as to what she wanted the Sim (Poppie Flowers SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 598258 ) to do & how she wanted her to look and how to redecorate Poppie's house.

This was such a joy for me to watch as my granddaughter is an exuberant child ... very animated and full of joie de vivre.
After a time, Bay was able to play by herself and was tickled pink.
I think she is going to encourage her mom when she gets home to install the Sims 2 in the laptop Bay uses. She loves it THAT MUCH!

As Daughter #2 played, I also got to see some things I've never witnessed before:
(I do not play with Seasons or Uni, OFB or Pets)

Rain & the sound it makes
A tree catching on fire
Butterflies fluttering about in the yard
The Bubble Blower
The Wishing Well

All were waaaay cool!

AND ...

It'd been a long time since I'd seen Pets in game.
Baylee directed Auntie to adopt a kitten, some sort of furry rat and a bird.
Poppie Flowers already had a big old pooch named Pablo.

It was a LOT of fun seeing Bay so engrossed in the game and enjoying it so much.

Anyway, I just had to share that with all of you.
Gonna make some dinner now and continue my downloading spree for my new beach hood game!!!

Happy Simming, my friends!

UPDATE on August 29:

It's official. My grandgirl is addicted to the Sims.
Her mom installed Sims 3 (couldn't find her Sims 2 disk) on the laptop she lets Bay use.
Ever since, Bay can't wait to get to her puter to play.
She is totally into it ... Loves creating Sims, decorating houses, having them interact, just having them do mundane things, etc., etc.
At six years old she is REALLY learning her way around the game (though all of the sexy stuff - makin' out, woohoo, etc - has alluded her so far, lol). SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 922586

I will post a pic of her playing soon. Isn't this cool, though?
I love that my grandgirl loves this game we all adore so much, too!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 147390 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 4322

Added later on September 4, 2012:

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 Baylee_Sims3_Age6

Baylee playing Sims 3 - Age 6 I love you

Last edited by Sugah on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Bay's Pic)
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:13 pm

Sugah wrote:
I will post a pic of her playing soon. Isn't this cool, though?
I love that my grandgirl loves this game we all adore so much, too!
SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 147390 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 4322

OMG Sugah! You've created a monster - just like the rest of us! laughin

Actually, I can't wait to hear more of this story! Maikki plays it differently from the way I do - probably no two people approach the game the same way. It's a blank slate with paper dolls for grownups. We tend to each of us create our own structures and impose our own ideas on the game. I think that one of the reasons (other than the puddin' faces) that I disliked Sims 3 was that it imposed so much more structure on the game.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Sugah wrote:
At six years old she is REALLY learning her way around the game (though all of the sexy stuff - makin' out, woohoo, etc - has alluded her so far, lol). SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 922586

Granny??? What are they doing??? SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 738528

Prepare yourself! verklempt
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 pm

How fun! I bet the three of you enjoyed yourselves that day! But I've got to say, The Sims 3? affraid

Just kidding. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 226245

Very cute pic of her so engrossed in her game. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Jayce

Jayce

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:03 am

Sugah, that is adorable! laughin

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 448283

I think we all recognise that look of intense concerntration! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 12612

I would love to have discovered such a great game at Bay's age. I can just imagine how she loves decorating for Poppie!

Quote :
As Daughter #2 played, I also got to see some things I've never witnessed before:

A tree catching on fire
The Bubble Blower
The Wishing Well

All were waaaay cool!

I couldn't live without Seasons!

Mac summed it perfectly...

Quote :
Maikki plays it differently from the way I do - probably no two people approach the game the same way. It's a blank slate with paper dolls for grownups. We tend to each of us create our own structures and impose our own ideas on the game. I think that one of the reasons (other than the puddin' faces) that I disliked Sims 3 was that it imposed so much more structure on the game.

I could never warm to Sims 3, either. Apart from them being unlikeable to look at (those eyes...shudder), they were really difficult to bond with. A lack of "humanity" (simanity?) I guess is the way I'd describe it.

Just knowing the delight Bay is getting from creating her own little world... :dancinkitty1:

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:27 am

Jayce wrote:
A lack of "humanity" (simanity?) I guess is the way I'd describe it.

Love the word "Simanity"! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 12612 Right on the money!
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Sugah wrote:

A tree catching on fire
The Bubble Blower
The Wishing Well

All were waaaay cool!

Oh my! You should! They add such neat stuff to your game! I have all EP's and all SP's save for Glamour Life - who the heck wants to spend $20 on a SP that only gives you like a few pieces of furniture :p

Simanity, lol! XD Good job Jayce <3

Sims 3 has a few features I wish that were in Sims 2 - such as being able to change your sims physique to something more realistic than a little pooch, and I like that the wedding ring is actually on the CORRECT finger - why they thought the middle finger was the right one is beyond me \o/ Although it also seems a bit more troublesome than Sims 2 because I've heard all mannerisms of bitching about certain ep's knocking out certain features from others and this that and the other. I like that they get online updates and stuff, which I wish they would've done that for Sims 2. Right now, though, I had to find the Tumblr Savior b/c my Tumblr's been filled with pics of the Supernatural EP that just came out. Ok, I get it! We don't need to see everything from every two friggin seconds of gameplay! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 885966
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:06 am

Thank you, all, for commenting!
"Simanity" ... Love it, Jayce!

We've had a few debates here before regarding Sims 3.
It was unanimous ... Sims 2 is and always will be our game of choice (for numerous reasons).
Bay is playing Sims 3 because my daughter couldn't find her Sims 2 disk to install it in the laptop, as I'd mentioned. Otherwise, she'd be amongst the ranks who are still enjoying our beloved TS2. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 598258

I had Seasons and decided to take it back a few years ago.
But now that I know more about it and have learned I can actually CHOOSE the seasons (if I want it to be spring or summer all year long, I can, right?), I may reconsider installing it.
It DOES add some cool features. I agree! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 12612

Again, I appreciate you reading and sharing your thoughts.
Since my original post on this subject, my grandgirl is enjoying creating large families, building and decorating homes. Kids today!
They're really something technologically, aren't they???

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 259558
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 am

Sugah wrote:
Thank you, all, for commenting!
"Simanity" ... Love it, Jayce!

We've had a few debates here before regarding Sims 3.
It was unanimous ... Sims 2 is and always will be our game of choice (for numerous reasons).
Bay is playing Sims 3 because my daughter couldn't find her Sims 2 disk to install it in the laptop, as I'd mentioned. Otherwise, she'd be amongst the ranks who are still enjoying our beloved TS2. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 598258

I had Seasons and decided to take it back a few years ago.
But now that I know more about it and have learned I can actually CHOOSE the seasons (if I want it to be spring or summer all year long, I can, right?), I may reconsider installing it.
It DOES add some cool features. I agree! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 12612

Again, I appreciate you reading and sharing your thoughts.
Since my original post on this subject, my grandgirl is enjoying creating large families, building and decorating homes. Kids today!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 259558

Aww that's so cute Sugah :3 yes kids care something tech-wise I do agree lol

Yes reinstall seasons! You will like it better now. I had reservations when it came to getting OFB & Pets but I'm glad I had a bit more open mind for them
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 am

I actually received Seasons as a gift but never installed it...Just took it back for a refund unopened.
Upon experiencing some of the features first hand with Daughter #2, I'm definitely reconsidering installing it, as I mentioned.
I DID have Pets installed at one time but opted out when I got my new puter.

Thank you for all of your feedback, Jean. Hope you are doing well!
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 am

Sugah wrote:
I actually received Seasons as a gift but never installed it...Just took it back for a refund unopened.
Upon experiencing some of the features first hand with Daughter #2, I'm definitely reconsidering installing it, as I mentioned.
I DID have Pets installed at one time but opted out when I got my new puter.

Thank you for all of your feedback, Jean. Hope you are doing well!

Ah! :)

I am. 3 days to vacay and I'm going to have more profile shots up on my "what's going on in your game" tnite after figuring a certain cheat out that's going to make things easier when shooting scenes
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

Quote :
such as being able to change your sims physique to something more realistic than a little pooch, and I like that the wedding ring is actually on the CORRECT finger

I definitely would like the have the body type variety in Sims 2 that is in Sims 3. Downloading new body meshes and all the clothing that goes with the meshes is kind of tedious. I never noticed what finger their wedding rings were on! Wow, I guess you learn something new every day!

Quote :

I know! It's amazing isn't it? I am constantly impressed by how much Chase has picked up about using my computer. He likes to watch youtube videos. It started out with Thomas the Tank Engine (when he wanted me to sing the theme song to him and I had to look up the words) then went to construction, then dinosaurs, and now it's godzilla ( Rolling Eyes ) He knows how to bring up the browser, how to click on the videos, how to make them full screen, he clicks on the X to close the adds that pop up. The only thing stopping him was not knowing how to spell to search for the videos . . . until I inadvertently taught him to spell godzilla. (He wanted to type, so I opened up notepad. Then he asked me to type godzilla and started copying what I had typed until he learned how to spell it himself!) He also knows about bookmarks, since I marked some of the videos he frequently asked me to find as favorites. So now he clicks on the star to pull them up himself . . . and he remembers which ones are which, even though the doesn't know how to read (much) yet. I had to password protect my computer so I keep him from going online whenever he wants. I just had to make sure my password is anything BUT Godzilla. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Baylee has enjoyed YouTube videos for awhile now, too, Em! She knows her way around that site just as Chase does.
We are always watching/looking up something together on YouTube.
It's so neat that Chase enjoys it, too.
I'm lovin' that he can spell Godzilla already ... And how amazing is it that he gets bookmarks!?! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 21650

I believe Baylee's love affair with YouTube all started when I first pulled this up for her:

Let me know what your bright and beautiful son thinks of "Hippo & Dog - In the Jungle". laughin

Lady E wrote:
I had to password protect my computer so I keep him from going online whenever he wants. I just had to make sure my password is anything BUT Godzilla.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 448283

Recently, Bay has returned to Sims 2.
She told her mother she felt Sims 3 was boring and missed playing TS2.
A child with quite the discriminating taste, no? SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 738528

I took this pic when she was building & decorating her new family's lot here at Nana's (late last month).
She really knows her way around build & buy mode! Sheesh! Kids today!!!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 BayLovesSims2_9212012

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:35 pm

He was sitting next to me earlier this afternoon when I looked at his page, so we watched the Hippo and Dog video. He laughed at the part where the picture turned sideways and upside down and said it was silly. He didn't seem too interested, because he was anxious for me to load up The Sims 2. laughin

Quote :
A child with quite the discriminating taste, no?

Most definitely! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 940149 laughin She looks totally engrossed with her building and decorating in that picture!

I think we might have the next generation of Sugah's Place simmers on our hands. A couple of weeks ago I was giving Elle's Baby Boom challenge a try and Chase started taking over my game. He helped me with my family's house expansion, insisting that I use a different style for every chair at the dining room table, use zebra print carpet in one room, and these downloaded wood and stone (medieval style) walls in the bathroom. I tried to talk him out of some of those ideas, especially the last one. I told him the pattern looked like prison bars and made the bathroom look like a jail. His reply: I want the bathroom to look like a jail. Rolling Eyes So finally I asked if he wanted me to make him his own house and he said yes. Now my neighborhood has Chase's House 1, 2, and 3. He mostly tells me what he wants and I do the building (not as advanced with build and buy mode as Bay). He likes to make families and with cats and dogs, once I remembered and told him I had Pets. One of these days I'll have to share pics of his families and houses with you all. I had all of my discs out, while I was looking for something else, so he knows about Sims 1 and Sims 2 and asked me if there was a Sims 3. I think he may have told me I have too many sims discs. laughin

One day, a day or two after we first played when it was time to get dressed in the morning or get ready for bed. Chase started standing up straight in the middle of the room and turning in circles, saying "design your little boy" and while we picked out clothes. He did this a couple of times before he said something about the sims while he was doing it and I realized he was pretending he was a sim in CAS. laughin
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Eugenics...   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Has anyone else heard of this project or using it? It really sounds pretty amazing! What this project does is, it allows us to have 16 different default skin tones based on hair color...At the moment it seems to be boggling my mind but I had to share just in case someone else has been out of the Sims 2 loop like me. Mad props to Phaenoh!

Check it out @ http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=481205.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Wow! That's quite the enterprising project, isn't it, Tim?
16 default skins!!! Impressive!

Thank you for sharing this with us.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 534790
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next