Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Is there such a mod...

Go down 
+2
okiedokieihooked
Aaroneous
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grykon

Grykon

Is there such a mod... Empty
PostSubject: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 10:21 am

Hey Gang, I've kind of been playing a little...just messing around really...but I had a crazy idea...Is there a mod that say I create a new neighborhood...no one there, but the families I create...My idea is to start with just one family at first then add others. But is there a mod that would stop all sims from showing up? No paper boy, no mailman, obviously there would have to be a mod to auto pay bills...and would be nice if it paid it without having family funds...where would they get the money if there was no one else but them? No welcome wagon, no strange sims showing up, no gardening expert, no match maker or witch or whatever...

I haven't experimented with anything leisure/free time expansion related so I wondered if there are tents that could be used as shelter since a modern looking house would be really out of the question.

I play another game periodically called Banished and that is why I am asking...gog and steam both periodically have it for like $5...it's well worth the full $20...but if you can catch it at $5 why not right? lol

Anyway, thanks for listening and any ideas...and a big thank you to Aaron who helped me find a solution to the nasty black rectangles under my Sims...the old solution of switching the shadow to medium or turning shadows off completely were not doing the job at all. But he linked me a mod on modthesims and it did the trick. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 4:42 pm

J. M. Pescado over at MATY did created several mods to prevent Townies/Downtownies, NPCs, Strays from being created in the first place. Unfortunately I am unsure of the name of the mods. Beware when when using these mods You may have to find or create templates for Your neighborhood. Since the templates will add sims to the neighborhood when it's first created. That or You can simply kill the sims that were created.

You can also try twojeffs Visitor Controller, Which plain and simply prevents certain sims from appearing on all lots or a few lots. It's customizable so it should be able to do what You want. You can find it here.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Hey guys!  dancintrio

Here's some advice of starting a clean hood Empty Vs Clean Templates: How to Create a Custom Neighborhood.  It sounds complicated, but it's just a matter of going slowly.

Aaron I think you're thinking of Pescado's No Townie Regen, which works well with his Anti Redundancy mod.  Tim, you will find them under the appropriate EP directory HERE.  Details of the mods are in the accompanying read memo.  There is also a thread in his Armory that has descriptions of all his mods in alphabetical order.

And of course if you're starting a new hood, here's some good advice on avoiding hood corruption in the first place!
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Thank you both very much! I had actually found TJ's visitor controller shortly before leaving to go spend some time with the wife. I think it might fit the bill on keeping non-player Sims out.

Now I just need some tents or something! lol
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 am

If You have Bon Voyage there is a tent under Comfort then Misc. I know it fills the comfort and energy motive, But it's been a while since I used it. So I am unsure if it helps with keeping a sim from getting too hot or cold. I believe it's also only able to hold two sims.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Cool, thank you! I'll jump in game and take a look!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 1:21 pm

I am guilty of doing some of the things on that list that you're not supposed to do in order to avoid corruption.  Is there such a mod... 804361  (Especially deleteallcharacters when I neglect to set up the empty templates correctly.)

I second Toni's recommendations.  Make sure you have the empty templates installed and download the no townie regen mods.  

You can't get rid of every NPC though.  As far as I know there's no way to stop the mail and paper carriers from appearing.  When I've played neighborhoods of a similar theme I just tried to ignore them as well as I could.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Hey Em!' Is there such a mod... 74257 sunny

SimEm wrote:
You can't get rid of every NPC though.  As far as I know there's no way to stop the mail and paper carriers from appearing.  When I've played neighborhoods of a similar theme I just tried to ignore them as well as I could.

TJ's Visitor controller let's you ban mail and newspaper delivery people...but you have to do it on a lot by lot basis and I don't think it stops them from generating. Here's the list from the description.

Is there such a mod... Vcontr10
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Oh! I should have paid more attention to that mod. laughin
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 pm

That one's in my 'MUST HAVES' folder! Even in my test game! Is there such a mod... 12612
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Hey Tim - you prob already know this but there is a bush that acts as a toilet - if you're truly roughin it its by Rebecca (beck's toilet bush or something)

Toni!!!! That sounds great! How do I get it? I have christianlove's diligent visitor because the apt neighbors were getting on my nerves
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Hey Ladies!

okiedokieihooked wrote:
Hey Tim - you prob already know this but there is a bush that acts as a toilet - if you're truly roughin it its by Rebecca (beck's toilet bush or something)

Toni!!!! That sounds great! How do I get it? I have christianlove's diligent visitor because the apt neighbors were getting on my nerves

First, no I didn't...lol I'll have to see if I can find that! I had thought of maybe making a hedge around a toilet after using the moveobjects on cheat to place it...lol But a potty bush sounds good!

TJ's mod, there is a link in Aaron's first post in the thread, the last word is the link.

I did check out the tent...a little...looks like basically it is an outdoor bed more or less. I'll have to test it some more when the weather goes cold or rainy...funny, placed it and 2 sims got busy in it and another sim was like, "What's happening over there?" Is there such a mod... 99672
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 7:01 am

Grykon wrote:
funny, placed it and 2 sims got busy in it and another sim was like, "What's happening over there?" Is there such a mod... 99672

Is there such a mod... 99672 Is there such a mod... 448283

Hey Okiedokie!!!! dancintrio How's it going?! sunny
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:04 am

I'm not sure what I would use the visitor controller for exactly, but it sounds handy.  I'll have to check it out.  Is there such a mod... 940149

What do you need in a shelter, Tim?  When I've played sims in a primitive setting in the past, I would usually build them a small house so they could have protection from the elements.  Pre-seasons I could just let them live on the lawn with no problems.  I guess it depends on how much you want them to be roughing it.  You could probably find some custom walls and floors to make your houses look more like shacks or straw huts or maybe rocky like a cave.  I downloaded something once that looked like a large tent or cave that you could put stuff under, but it didn't protect from the weather so it wasn't very useful to me.

There's also a "squat anywhere" mod that functions like an invisible toilet.   You can hide it behind some bushes if you want it to be more discrete.  The only bad thing about it is that it starts to drop the environment over time and since there's no way to clean it, I have to delete it occasionally and buy a new one.

Are there other objects you need?  In my game I've had a downloaded waterfall that worked as a shower and straw piles that work as beds.  I'm not sure where they were from, but I can look them up if they're something you're interested in.

Are you planning on having children in this neighborhood?  Simlogical has a school controller that will prevent the school bus from coming.  I use that one a lot.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Some of those sound like really cool things to have for the game if I do this! Some sound cool even if I don't! Is there such a mod... 99672

I hate having to click on some icky thing and delete it...even though it isn't real, it still leaves me feeling icky! Is there such a mod... 99672

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I am wanting to do with this idea...In Banished depending on difficulty, you can start out with just a few child bearing 'adults' to 5 or 6 couples some with 2 or 3 kids each. I would definitely have to play it in a rotation kind of thing so everyone ages about the same. I'll have to see if I can find the home-school mod again, I think I got rid of it, or maybe I never put it in the game...But a mod to keep the bus away would good too.

I belong to group on FB devoted to Banished and while playing the game, I use the same seed generator number a lot cause I like the map, there are times when a 'brother' and 'sister' become a couple and have kids...at first I thought I was just imagining that was happening, but when I asked about it in the group they were all like, "Oh yea, that happens a lot in the game." I remember a time waaay back after the game came out and people started making mods to make it more interesting and a guy made a mod that tried to give some extra autonomy to the sims, they themselves could select things to do from the mod...he'd missed coded the have a baby option and a the sim ended up having a child with her brother...the game didn't know how to handle that...If you looked at the family tree, it would show the sister as the mother, but wouldn't show the father, if you looked from the brother's side, it would show him as the father but wouldn't show the mother, if you looked at it from the baby it would show both parents but no connection between them...I think I ended up deleting that house/family.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Bon Voyage tents don't shield Sims from the outside temperature very well, so a Sim can freeze in winter or overheat in summer. They will also not sleep through the night, but only until they've maxed out their energy. There might be custom tents out there that do better, but gummilutt at MTS has made a mod for the BV tents. It allows Sims to sleep through the night and shields them from weather effects.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Very cool, thank you Cher! Is there such a mod... 678648
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Hey Cher! Yeah thanks that sounds cool Im going to get that one too...
Em! that's cool too (the mod) it would be good for a like vagrant type area esp since it doesn't clean

Tim - Im going to look through my stuff because I have the tree - am I allowed to send it to you? Im an organized sim cc hoarder so its around here somewhere. and thanks for the TJ mod info ill go look

Mostly I use the visitor controller to have them do yard work or cleanup - if there is homework on the lot - they do it on their own Is there such a mod... 97206 well they may as well. but you can also schedule anyone in the "simworld" and they will come clean everyday for Freeeee! or you can pay them - whatever you like

Hey Toni Is there such a mod... 837249

Its Good to see everybody in the same place - its been awhile! All we are missin' are some M&Ms(Mac and Makki) and some Sugah Is there such a mod... 774807 Is there such a mod... 99672
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 6:37 am

Hey Okie!!!  Is there such a mod... 678648

okiedokieihooked wrote:
Its Good to see everybody in the same place - its been awhile! All we are missin' are some M&Ms(Mac and Makki) and some Sugah Is there such a mod... 774807 Is there such a mod... 99672

I hear that!!! blinkinhearts
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Thanks Okie! I did find it though, I dropped it in the test folder for now...I've been adding different mods for the last week and I thought, I better go back and put these in a test folder so if something hiccups I don't have to dig through all my mods to find the new ones. LOL
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Okie wrote:
Its Good to see everybody in the same place - its been awhile! All we are missin' are some M&Ms(Mac and Makki) and some Sugah

That is so true. Is there such a mod... 12612
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 pm

And Elle! Can't forget Elle! Come on ladies...come back to us! verklempt
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 11:45 am

Yes!
Back to top Go down
okiedokieihooked

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Oh yes of course my buddie Elle! I was just on a sweets theme Is there such a mod... 97206

Ah yes ... scattered pictures... and so on
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 10:27 pm

I'm worried about Mac...he's usually so active around these parts. I'm going to post a cute simmie. That usually draws him out! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there such a mod...   Is there such a mod... Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there such a mod...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Welcome to Sugah's Place :: Questions & Comments-
Jump to: