Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects

Go down 
+16
Nonni
SandySimmer
twerplina
ilikefishfood
Caleb_71
clc
WittyKitty
Astral Faery
soloaris
AdriannaSimmie
debra
Hunter
Ullwera
autumnelle
Sugah
Meilyn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Em What great fun! All sorts of romances, weddings, children, Oh My! Loved your wedding pictures. I find them difficult, though, all those people to keep track of. And what's a wedding without a crasher. I find they show up at most weddings. My self-sim even crashed a wedding once verklempt

Is there some hack you use to get more than 8 sims at once? (Not that I plan to use it - 8 are enough for me).

Regarding the two mothers getting into a fight, in a RL wedding, not a fight, but my dad observed that at the reception, all the friends and family of the groom were at one end of the room and all the friends and family of the bride were at the other end. My dad blinkinhearts could always come up with just the right observation. In this case... "What God hath put asunder, let no man join" Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 97206
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Em, you put together a wonderful wedding story. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 28795

Em wrote:
but since the outfit he grew up into when he went to college was also unique and flamboyant, I decided having a quirky sense of style might just be part of his character.

I like that idea; it should be fun.

Quote :
Not only does she decide to invite herself to a private backyard wedding of sims she does not know, she also apparently thinks it's appropriate to take a seat in the front row.

I guess she's a believer in the saying, "Go big or go home." laughin

Mac wrote:
"What God hath put asunder, let no man join"

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 99672
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Loved your pics of Arthur and Judiths' wedding! The decor and Sims were fun to see! And there was even drama! What could be better! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 448283
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 am

Quote :
Loved your wedding pictures. I find them difficult, though, all those people to keep track of.

I don't often throw big wedding parties, but they're fun to do sometimes. I just let everyone do their own thing, scrolled around to catch pictures of interesting interactions when I could and used moveobjects on to group a few sims together for group shots when I caught certain sims in the same vicinity.

Quote :
And what's a wedding without a crasher. I find they show up at most weddings. My self-sim even crashed a wedding once verklempt

I've noticed any sim that happens to be walking by during a party will invite themselves in. I think I remember your simself crashing a party (from your game thread posts.) How fun! My simself pops up unexpectedly sometimes. She recently came home from work with one of my apartment dwellers. In this hood, she's just a placeholder for a faux community lot.

Quote :

Is there some hack you use to get more than 8 sims at once? (Not that I plan to use it - 8 are enough for me).

I do have a hack that lets more than 8 sims live on a lot, but that's not what I used here. I had Judith throw the wedding party and invite as many sims as the game would allow and then I used Simlogical's teleporter to bring in the rest of the guests. There's a cheat to allow sims to invite more sims than normal, which I thought I had in my userStartUp.cheat file. Apparently I didn't though. I must have forgotten to add it after a reinstall. You can type "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims #" (with whatever # you want) into the cheat box to be able to invite as many sims as you want. It should increase the number of sims that will show up on community lots as well.

Quote :
Regarding the two mothers getting into a fight, in a RL wedding, not a fight, but my dad observed that at the reception, all the friends and family of the groom were at one end of the room and all the friends and family of the bride were at the other end.

I notice this happening a lot at RL family reunions. We all tend to segregate with our immediate families when we should be visiting more with the people we don't see as often. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 85797

Disagreeable mothers-in-law must be a theme in this hood. The mother of the bride and groom of the next wedding I threw were also poking at each other after the wedding. Rolling Eyes Though I expected it in the second wedding. I knew those two didn't get along from the first time I played them on the same lot . . . and storywise they have reason not to get along. I had no idea about Alma and Eileen disliking each other.

Quote :

I guess she's a believer in the saying, "Go big or go home." laughin

Mac wrote:
"What God hath put asunder, let no man join"

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 683951

Thanks for the comments on the wedding everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

After the wedding I moved, Arthur and Judith into their own apartment. I thought the row of cute townhouses would be nice, but I didn't check them out closely enough, because the apartment they rented didn't have room for a double bed. Twin beds would be ridiculous for newlyweds and I hated to immediately move them out after they already paid their rent for the week. So I ended up moving everything from the kitchen into another room and just barely managed to squeeze a bed in behind the stairway. The apartments that come with the game are ridiculous. They're either humongous or so tiny that they're practically nonfunctional and you can't edit them even when they're unoccupied. Rolling Eyes

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Snapsh88

At least the landlady is nice, even if the neighbors look like rough characters. (They're actually really friendly guys though.)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Snapsh89

As Judith started going into labor, I suddenly realized I forgot to change the multiple birth odds on the triples and quads hack. And of course she gave birth to triplets while living in this tiny apartment without room for even a double bed. I really didn't want multiple births in this case at all and even with the progress I'd made I was going to exit without saving, but I forgot and automatically clicked "yes" when it asked if I wanted to save, just out of habit. Since they were all boys and at this point they look all identical, I decided to pretend it was just a glitch, had them keep the first born and sent the other two to a lot I was already using as a foster home for storytelling purposes. I have to pretend it's just a glitch and that the other two were just duplicates, so I don't feel too bad about sending them away. verklempt

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Snapsh90

I haven't played this couple since then, except to move them to a better apartment. Next, I'll have to see what I can put together about the progress of their friends from college.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 am

I gave up on the actual apartments. There's a very nice series of brownstones (all single houses, but of width 1 - beware helicopters). These fit very well in a row, although now and then a visiting sim might be trapped in between and have to be rescued. Here is a link. No problem with double beds and plenty of room.

There's also the Beach Terrace series. Actually not beach properties. Again, width 1 and work well as row houses. The Beach Terrace n lots have plenty of room. The na lots even more on 3 floors. (n = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8  na = 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a,6a,7a,8a)

None of these have much in the way of a yard, and the brownstones and Beach Terrace n don't have garages but the na do.

As far as multiple births go, 1 toddler at a time is quite enough of a handful, thank you verklempt
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 pm

I have a feeling I'll probably give up on the apartments too and go back to regular lots before long. But since this feature is new to me, I might play with it for a little while longer. The apartments have been kind of buggy for me. I did a little research and found out that the replacement mailbox I had in my downloads folder was incompatible with AL. I got rid of it so now the mailboxes are showing up properly again. I haven't tested it yet to see if that helps with any other issues.

I think I have those brownstones in my game or if not those, ones like them. I've used them a few times and I like them. I don't believe I have the beach terrace lots. They're very cute though. Thanks for the links.

I removed the triplets and quads hack for now. Right now, I'm not sure why I thought it was such a great idea in the first place. laughin I like it for an occasional challenge, but it seems like even when the odds are set as low as they can go, multiples are not as rare of an occurrence as I would have liked. Since this is my storytelling hood, I kind of want it to be more realistic, so I'd only want multiples rarely and if it fits with a plot. I actually had another couple in this same group have triplets shortly after this, even though I thought I'd set the odds to only 2%. Rolling Eyes I did the same trick of sending away the two spares, which was harder this time because they had different skin tone and were obviously not clones. They were at least all the same gender though. I'm not sure how I would have reconciled it if I had a mixed group. laughin
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Em wrote:
I removed the triplets and quads hack for now. Right now, I'm not sure why I thought it was such a great idea in the first place.

laughin I think twins are enough of a challenge! I don't mind a set now and then, but sometimes a family will have more than one set of twins, and then I'm a little scared to let them procreate again. If I'm thinking, I'll save just before I know the sim will give birth. Then I can exit without saving if I don't like the results. Sometimes I have to exit many, many times before I get the desired result.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Cher & Em The Sim Manipulator will allow you to select whether a pregnancy results in one or two babies (I don't know about how it interacts with multiple baby hacks).

I save the game some time before the birth, then restore and try again without saving until I get the gender of baby I want. Recently, however, I must have done around 9 iterations without producing the opposite gender (probability around 1 in 256 or so). Even tried "rolling the pacifier". Conclusion - at some point prior to birth, the gender, for a singleton anyway, is set.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Em, I've been reading about your glitches with apartments and thinking, "Odd. I've never had a problem with apartments." So I downloaded some, spent a huge amount of time redecorating them, and I have a glitch. When I click on the door to rent the apartment, the rent is some huge amount (as though it was an actual house) + a monthly rental amount. Like $23,000 + $4,325. It's not just that apartment lot, either; it's all of them. That's what I get for feeling all smug about how I've never had trouble with apartments. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 99672

Time to go back and take another look at the row houses you linked to, Mac.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Ack, oh no! I'm sorry I jinxed you, Cher! laughin I hope you get the problem with your apartments sorted out.

Well, I do know that the pregnancy scanner from ACR will let you see how many babies your sim is going to have while they're pregnant. It always says 1 or 2, even when it ends up being 3 or 4, so my assumption is that the multiple birth odds hack randomly chooses the number of babies at birth, so setting the number probably wouldn't make any difference. As I recall, there's a version of the mod that lets you choose at birth if you want the randomly generated number or the number of babies that the sim was originally going to have. I chose the version that didn't give you the dialogue to choose.

Based on everything I've read and experienced, gender for sims is randomly determined at birth. Unless perhaps there are some other factors at play, like mods or gameplay factors, (I know in TS3 eating certain foods while pregnant can influence gender of offspring, like cheesecake in TS2 increases the chance of having twins) I'm inclined to think maybe you just hit that 1 in 256 chance and were incredibly (un)lucky that time.

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Oh, heavens! I am over 2 months behind in your game antics thread, Em.
I'm sorry for the delay in reading and responding. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 100574

I don't think I've ever downloaded any apartments before.
I've only played a few that came with the game and a couple I built myself.
Good to know downloaded ones can be glitchy! Thank you for the heads up on that!

Em wrote:
...that the replacement mailbox I had in my downloads folder was incompatible with AL. I got rid of it so now the mailboxes are showing up properly again.

I remember having that problem many moons ago, Em.
It happened around the time I created my Eastside Trailer Park, if I am remembering correctly.
What a pain, 'til I figured the issue out! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 971462

I don't play with any of the hacks that increase multiple births.
Like Cher, I think couples having TWINS is enough of a challenge!!! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 85797

Have I commented on how pretty Natalie and Meghan are yet?
And I agree. Judith and Artie are a darling couple.
That was quite the wedding! Like you, I normally don't mess with big ceremonies.
But it was so nice seeing all the wedding photos...

Quote :
Not only does she decide to invite herself to a private backyard wedding of sims she does not know, she also apparently thinks it's appropriate to take a seat in the front row. You'd think if you were crashing a wedding, you'd at least be discrete and hang out in the back...

I need to give my sims more active points. Slouching at the altar...

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 448283 ThankUforSharing

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Well, considering I haven't posted in this thread (or much at all anywhere, actually) in the last two months, you don't need to feel too bad. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 226245

Are you referring to Cher's comment about downloaded apartments? I haven't downloaded any apartments yet. I've just used the ones that came with the game, so that wasn't the cause of any of my glitches.

Quote :
Have I commented on how pretty Natalie and Meghan are yet?
And I agree. Judith and Artie are a darling couple.

I don't recall if you have or not, but thank you all the same. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 338947 I'm rather partial to them myself. I'm especially attached to that group of sims since they are the children of the sims I've been writing about for years. I've been really wanting to update Arrendale Heights again, but I haven't gotten any farther than loading up my storytelling neighborhood and the lot I need to shoot on. I've done that two or three times now and didn't get started. It's a big group scene and kind of overwhelming.

I've been playing a little bit since I finished NaNoWriMo, in my Founder's neighborhood. The one where I started out with sims living in very primitive conditions and am attempting to build up the neighborhood from scratch. It's been hard focusing on having them progress, but I think I'm starting to make some progress. I've started to have a couple of babies born in my fourth generation in that neighborhood. This generation of sims is the first to be able to trace back to all of my eight original founders. I may have to share some of the sims from that neighborhood sometime. I really like the looks of a few of them.

I always have too many projects going on. I know I have a lot of pictures and updates that I could share from that neighborhood, my supernatural creature neighborhood, my royal kingdom, and the AH teens grown up hood. I'll have to go back sometime and see where I left off on all of those and see which ones are the most interesting (both to me and to all of you.)
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:13 am

Em, do you remember which replacement mailbox was causing problems for you? I have a bunch of mailbox recolors that don't show up. The corresponding trash can recolors show up, so I'm thinking there must be some peculiar mailbox thing that I downloaded at some point.

I look forward to seeing your updates!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Quote :
I'm especially attached to that group of sims since they are the children of the sims I've been writing about for years.

I've no doubt. After all these years, the Arrendale Heights bunch are, most assuredly, very near and dear to your heart. I love you

Quote :
I may have to share some of the sims from that neighborhood sometime. I really like the looks of a few of them.

I know I have a lot of pictures and updates that I could share from that neighborhood, my supernatural creature neighborhood...

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 147390  ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Cher wrote:
Em, do you remember which replacement mailbox was causing problems for you?

I'm not sure, but I think I ended up downloading an updated version here.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 10:49 pm

I've been playing my Founder's hood lately. I'm just getting started on the fourth generation and trying to push my neighborhood to advance since it's seemed very stagnant, but they're slowly starting to make some progress. I introduced them on page 20 of this thread. I decided to finally go in and take family pictures. I wish I had done it earlier when the first generation was still around or at least before my second generation started to reach elderhood, but I'm glad to took time to do it while all of my second generation sims were still around. I've been keeping a family tree, but it's gotten very convoluted.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Ac10

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen2-a10

Al and Celeste one of my original couples, had four children. They had a particularly difficult time, because Al has a fairly lazy personality and was always complaining about being uncomfortable and Celeste was drained from pregnancies and nursing infants, so they seemed to struggle a little more than some of the other households.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-c10

Their eldest child, Collin, is a confirmed bachelor. As a teen he was in love with a boy named Jay, but that relationship drifted apart when Jay married and started a family. There were 11 boys and 10 girls born in the second generation and Collin ended up being the odd one out. He lives on his parent's original lot with his youngest sister, Callie, and her family. He is the first sim in the hood to earn a talent badge. Since it was on the toy making (woodworking, as I think of it) bench, he sells tables and chairs at the business lot he inherited from his father. For breeding purposes (and so that his genes could be carried on to the next generation) he fathered a set of twins, later in life with Jade, a boy-girl set named Jolyon and Cady. They live with their mother, half-siblings, and step-father.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-a10

Their second child, first daughter, Alyce, ended up partnered with Ray. Together they have 6 children. Ray dabbles in pottery, but it was their eldest son, Alistar, who was was first to earn a talent badge from pottery. My plan is to have the pottery badge unlock indoor plumbing as soon as Alistar (or Ray, maybe) had saved up enough to open a community lot. This family has mostly been focusing on having babies (for future breeding purposes), but as Alyce is approaching elderhood, their baby making days are at their end, but they're looking forward to the next generation as Alistar and Olivia are expecting a child together.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-a11

Alonzo has also spent much of his time focused on raising a family. (Since Al and Celeste didn't have as many kids as some of the original founding couples did, their children have to make up for it to keep the colony going as I make sure the next generation of sims aren't too closely related to have children.) At first he was involved with Ilia (and had a son with her named Elian), but ultimately he ended up with Ilia's younger sister, Lara. I don't remember if that was a conscious decision on my part or just how things ended up. Ilia got engaged to someone else at some point and it seems like one of the sisters (Lara, maybe) wasn't getting along with other potential partners very well. But looking back my screenshots don't suggest that. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 553217 Anyway, Alonzo and Lara have had 6 children together (so far). I neglected to put this on the picture, but I think Lorenzo and Alana are twins. Lorenzo is a new father, having just had a baby boy with Jayne, named Zane, so Alonzo and Lara are starting on grandchildren now. Lorenzo and Jayne are raising sheep and wool and have started their own business to sell their goods.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen4-l11

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-c11

Callie is the youngest of the second generation. She lives on her parents' original lot with her oldest brother, Collin, partner, Finn, and three children. They all kind of help support Collin's carpentry business and the family raises dogs.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Jr10

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen2-j10

James and Raya had a difficult relationship. First they had two sons, Jay and Ray, then their relationship deteriorated with Raya caught James having an affair with Felicity and did not forgive him (all of this in spite of James being the family sim and Raya the romance sim. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 85797 ) Luckily for the breeding pool of the colony, they managed to patch things up over a long period of time and James spending many nights sleeping on the floor and went on to have two beautiful daughters, Jade and Raymie.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-j10

Jay, like many of the sims in this generation, had trouble settling down with just one sim. He had a long lasting affair with Collin, had a son, Elijah, with Ilia, and a long term partnership with Hannah, who bore him four children. They own a small community lot where they sell fish and items found on the beach. Jay and his children have been working on a toymaking badge, but have yet to earn one. They adopted a pet wolf and live a fairly typical life in this community. Their eldest daughter, Johanna recently married Eilan and had a baby girl, Yvonne. She's started on the natural science track (so far the only sim in the hood who has been allowed to take a traditional job - I'm still trying to figure out how that's going to work in this hood), while Elian is still settling on an occupation. Jayne also had a child with Lorenzo (see above).

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen4-j10

(For Ray, see Alyce, above)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-j11

Jade is the mother of twins . . . three sets and one singleton daughter. She had her first set of twins by Finn, courtesy of ACR, her next set and her only singleton child with her partner Liam, who she moved in with when her first children were small, and her third set of twins are by Collin (orchestrated by me for future breeding purposes). Jade and her brood of seven live with Liam who has accepted all of them as his own. The older two have been great help around his garden and at the farmer's market lot he owns. (I have to say Jade looks great for a mother of 7 and 3 sets of twins!)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-r10

For awhile Jade and Raymie lived together on their parent's original lot, but when Jade moved out, Raymie ended up being the one to inherit. She lives with her partner, Hal, and their two children Jaime and Ralph. Raymie also owns the family business that sells the usual fish and beach items. She's also tried raising honey (from a hacked object), but it hasn't proved very lucrative so far.

(That's about half of my families, but I'm going to stop here because this post is getting really long. Stay tuned for part 2.)
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:05 pm

(I saved these families for last since they are the largest, but I've already shown a lot of them in the previous post.)

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Il10

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen2-i10

Ian and Lana were probably the most successful of my original couples.  They didn't have the personal drama or Raya and James and seemed to do a little better financially than the other two couples.  They were the first family who was able to save up enough from fishing and beach combing to buy a business lot.  They had six children, 3 boys followed by 3 girls.

Liam, their eldest child, was a bachelor for a long time.  Living either alone or with his trusty dog, Daisy, he started a small farm and local farmer's market.  He's easily been able to grow more than he's been able to sell.  It was a pretty lonely life for a family sim, until Jade moved in with him with her two young children.  They added 3 more children together, then Jade had another set of twins by Collin (see above post for picture).  Liam never seemed to care that half of the children were not biologically his.  He was always helpful with the kids when they were small  (I'm sure he was used to that being the oldest in a large family.) and he treated the oldest twins like his own children, taking Dean with him to work at the farmer's market and entrusting Jen to take care of the garden plot that were his livelihood.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-h10

After they reached adulthood, twins Ivan and Neil moved to their own lot together, along with Helen, who was a potential love match.  I was hoping they would be able to sort out who she would end up with on their own, but apparently she liked both of them.  First Ivan and Helen had a set of twins together, then not long after Neil and Helen had a daughter.  I eventually moved Neil out of their shared lot and in with Helen's younger sister Fiona.  The children continued to live with Ivan and Helen, who went on to have a set of twin boys.  This family hasn't done anything remarkable.  They sustain themselves by fishing.   They have at least one workbench, but so far no one has earned a badge on it.  Nina did get a sewing badge after moving into a lot with a group of her peers, including Olivia, who is, as you can see, expecting.  The family seems to live a pretty pleasant existence, playing on the beach and taking frequent hikes together as a family.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-n10

Neil went on to have 4 children with Fiona, living on her parent's original lot.  He's into art and has recently opened a home business to sell his paintings and other items found on the beach.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-f10

Liana got married to Felix young.  I believe they are one of the few couples that actually decided to get married, most are just living as partners.  They own a recreational community lot that fulfills their frequent wants to visit a community lot or freestyle for tips.  So far the lot has a hot tub, a poker table, and a dart board.  I really wanted to add musical instruments, but I don't like the modern look of the default ones.  I need to find some more primitive instruments to download and they need to save up the money to buy them.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-i10

Ilia somehow ended up with three sons by three different fathers.  I think her oldest son, by Jay, was ACR's doing.  Her middle son was by Alonzo who she'd been involved with since they were teens, and her youngest son is with her live-in fiancee, Frederick.  Ilia inherited her families' original lot and business.  She had the want to read a novel, so I had her write one and that has inspired me to start converting her business to a bookstore.  Elijah is the first in the hood to earn a robotics badge, so the business has also started selling small electronics.  Elijah and Elian did not get along and I had to constantly monitor them to keep them from fighting until Elian moved out and married Johanna (and gave Ilia a grandchild).  However both of the older boys seemed to get along great with the youngest, Elden.  Elijah currently still lives at home.  Currently there aren't any girls in the hood that aren't his first cousins and are old enough for him to become romantically involved with.

I discussed Ian and Lana's youngest, Lara, above, with Alonzo.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Fh10

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen2-f10

I feel back that I couldn't find a better picture of Henry and Felicity together.  They had a tough time because their first pregnancy turned out to be triplets.  Later they added two singleton daughters, and a set of twin sons.  At one point they had to borrow a couple of fish from their neighbors to keep from starving, since it was difficult to stock up while caring for so many little ones and providing enough cribs for them all.  The neighbors were glad to help though.  Even though Felicity had an affair with James, it didn't seem to affect her relationship with Henry.  I'm pretty sure they kissed each other right in front of Henry and he didn't blink an eye.  He was cool with it.  (All of the children are his, not James.)

I think I gave the back stories on all of their children already when I was discussing their partners.  I went ahead and took some extra family portraits though for those who had children with multiple partners (or whose partners had children with other partners)  Felix and Hal had no changes from their partners (Liana and Raymie) and I think I posted Helen's already, so you can see their families above.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-f11

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-h11

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-f12

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Gen3-f13

I also decided to start tracking traits in this hood.  (I've done this in one of my other hoods before.)  I tried to start out with an even mix of hair, eye, and skin colors.  I did make a mistake though and accidentally had two gray eyed males and no green eyed males at the start.   There might be some mistakes in my counts, especially when it comes to skin color.  I sometimes have trouble distinguishing one tone from the one next to it and I have geneticized skin tones in my game, so some sims have skin tones that are different than the default 4 I used and are easily to misinterpret.  For example, I thought Callie had the lightest skin tone, but based on her parents genetics, that wouldn't be possible, so I think really she has the tan skin, but the cc makes it look lighter.

I went through and did all the Punnett squares and calculations and the results came out pretty closes to expected, except in the case of skin color where my sims are tending towards the light side, part of that could have to do with the assigned values on the non-default geneticized skins.  Maybe some that look medium are really dark or light are really tan.

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Eyecol10

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Hairco10

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Skinco10
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Cher wrote:Em, do you remember which replacement mailbox was causing problems for you?
Em wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think I ended up downloading an updated version here.

Em, I didn't realize I hadn't come back here to thank you. I wasn't having the same problems you were, but removing the outdated file fixed the problem of my recolors not showing up. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 74257

It's been fun reading your updates. You've been very busy! I haven't done it this time, but in the past, I often took great care to make sure I had an even representation of genetic traits, just so I could see how the offspring turned out. This time, I've just been downloading sims (including all the Sugah's Place self-sims) and sticking them in my game. I had so few blonde sims I had to hunt down a couple more sims. I'm starting this hood with about twice as many sims as I usually do.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Very interesting update Em! That's a lot of work! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Em, I am going to try to catch up as much as I can in your game thread while Parker is napping.
She may be waking up soon, so if I disappear in mid-thought/mid-post, you'll know why! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 598258

I LOVED seeing all of your Founder's 'hood families.
The presentation was terrific.
Well done! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 646549

You've got some very attractive Sims in that 'hood (as well as a few pig-snouted ones  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 968206 ).
Some of the beauties look familiar. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 422794
Thank you, again, for offering your lovely Sims at SP.  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 762448

I honestly do NOT KNOW how you are able to run such a heavily populated family and keep up with all of them.
WOW!
Do you take lots of notes?

Em wrote:
I have to say Jade looks great for a mother of 7 and 3 sets of twins!

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 4322

I'll say! She's such a beauty, Em. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 12612

I love that Liam spent time with and cared for Jade's children (not biologically his).
How endearing that he treated the oldest twins as his own. Awwww!  I love you

I'm getting a kick out of all of your Sims in Tiki Island type garb. laughin

Bummer for Elijah (love that name) that all the girls in the hood are currently his first cousins, and therefore, NOT love match possibilities.  No

I am going to have to stop here, as I hear Parker waking up but will try to finish catching up soon.

I enjoyed all of your families' snapshots and hearing about your Founder's 'hood progress so far, Em.

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long to return to your thread, Em.
I hope to finish catching up in here now...

I want to mention again that I enjoyed all of your Founder's 'hood family portraits.
I can't imagine how much time it took for you to get all of those cool snapshots!

You were searching for primitive-looking musical instruments last time you posted.
Did you ever find any?
Did Elijah ever find a love interest though surrounded by mostly first female cousins?

I am fascinated by your genetics tracking and charts!  Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 21650  
I can understand how determining & categorizing skin tones could be a challenge.

You said you started out with an even mix of hair, eye, and skin colors (except for the oopsy of the two gray-eyed males and no green-eyed males).

So, if I am understanding your charts correctly...

Blue and Brown eyes are dominant in the gene pool as well as dark hair.
The skin tones seem rather evenly distributed, more so than I imagined.
There aren't too many more tanned & medium-skinned kin folk than light, are there?
Interesting stuff!
You were not surprised by the results?

Thank you, again for sharing your Sim antics with us, Em.
Have you been able to play your Founder's 'hood lately?

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 461171
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 3:43 pm

No need to apologize, Sugah. I should be apologizing for not stopping in and replying to everyone's comments sooner. I appreciate all of the feedback.

Cher wrote:
I haven't done it this time, but in the past, I often took great care to make sure I had an even representation of genetic traits, just so I could see how the offspring turned out. This time, I've just been downloading sims (including all the Sugah's Place self-sims) and sticking them in my game. I had so few blonde sims I had to hunt down a couple more sims. I'm starting this hood with about twice as many sims as I usually do.

Both sound like fun ways to start a hood. That's the great thing about the sims, there are so many different ways to play and always a new style of gameplay to try.

Sugah wrote:
Do you take lots of notes?

Not really. I've made lists of the names of the sims in each household and make note of who their grandparents are (just by their initials) so I can keep track of who is eligible to date each other and to make sure I have enough potential partners to keep the neighborhood going without adding in new sims. I've kept the kids' names similar to their parents' so it's easier for me to remember. At this point all of their names are starting to sound similar to each other, so I'm going to use a new naming system. I looked at the pictures when I took them to collect the genetics data and if I want to know anything else about them that I don't remember (like aspiration) I look it up with SimPE.

Sugah wrote:
I can't imagine how much time it took for you to get all of those cool snapshots!

It took a little while. I wanted to pose them all for fancier pictures, but I was too lazy to do so. laughin I just teleported everyone in to my placeholder lot, a family at a time and used "move objects on" to group everyone close together. I started with the smaller families and tried to get all of the pictures I needed for that group before I started teleporting those sims out and other sims in.

Quote :
You were searching for primitive-looking musical instruments last time you posted.
Did you ever find any?

No, I didn't.

Quote :
Did Elijah ever find a love interest though surrounded by mostly first female cousins?

I haven't played much at all since I posted here last, but he's still single. I think the only girl that is not his first cousin is Kaylynn and she's a fairly young teen still. They seem to get along okay so far, but I think she might be more interested in someone else . . . I guess it must be Jim? That seems to be the only other eligible bachelor for her. Nathan is another sim in my hood that is still unattached and last time I played, I realized he's getting older. He might be halfway through his adult stage already. He was the first born in that generation. All of the eligible bachelorettes for him seem to be interested in other guys or just don't get along with him.

Quote :
Blue and Brown eyes are dominant in the gene pool as well as dark hair.
The skin tones seem rather evenly distributed, more so than I imagined.
There aren't too many more tanned & medium-skinned kin folk than light, are there?
Interesting stuff!
You were not surprised by the results?

That sounds right. I think with the skin tones none are dominant over the other so they should be equal. I should have more dark skinned sims than I do. It's either just chance or maybe some of the geneticized skin tones I have might appear lighter than they are. It will be interesting to see if it evens out again later on.

Quote :
Have you been able to play your Founder's 'hood lately?

No, I haven't played the sims at all lately. Chase got minecraft for Christmas, so I've been learning to play that with him and awhile back there was a free 48 hour trial of TS4 offered, so I tried it out a little bit. (I wasn't impressed.)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:54 am

Quote :
I've made lists of the names of the sims in each household...
I've kept the kids' names similar to their parents' so it's easier for me to remember ...
... and if I want to know anything else about them that I don't remember (like aspiration) I look it up with SimPE.

Em, it seems you have your own system for remembering important info about your Sims and it's working for you.
I get to play so rarely, I have to revisit each family to recall anything about them (including names, aspirations, hobbies, careers, etc., etc.).
That's how bad my memory is, even with small lapses between playing my game. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 774807
I always forget that people look to SimPE for information and to make changes in their Sims, too.
I posted elsewhere yesterday that I only use SimPE for recoloring CC, but other Simmers rely on the program for so much more!

You'd mentioned you hadn't found any primitive looking instruments.

The Ceremonial Pahu and Bongo Drums converted from Castaways might serve the purpose.
Here is a pic of Elle's Kimberly (now KimberLee in my Tres Lago's 'hood) playing the Pahu Drum:

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 KimberLee_CeremonialPahuDrum_zpsqu7dwhdv

HERE is a full image of the drums.
They can be downloaded at MATY HERE, if you're interested. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 940149

Bummer for your Elijah and Nathan! I hope they find love with someone they aren't related to some day. Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 97206

Interesting you weren't impressed with Sims 4. My sissy plays and she loves it...Was singing it's praises!
I've heard mixed reviews and to be honest, don't think they look much different than the puddin' faced Sims 3 Sims!

I hope you get to play again soon, Em. Or are you still dwelling in the wonderful world of Minecraft zone? laughin

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:35 am

Ooh, thanks for the link, Sugah! I downloaded the drums and a few other things in that post. I can't wait to try them out! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 243713

Quote :
I have to revisit each family to recall anything about them (including names, aspirations, hobbies, careers, etc., etc.).

Most things, beyond names (and sometimes names too), I have to look up in SimPE or by visiting their household, unless there was something really memorable about those facts during game play that stuck with me.

Quote :
Bummer for your Elijah and Nathan! I hope they find love with someone they aren't related to some day.

Let's hope so. *fingers crossed* Maybe if they wait long enough some younger sims grow up enough to become a match with them or maybe when some of the older sims start to pass on, they might find a nice widow to partner with. laughin If all else fails, I can extract them and give them another chance in another hood.

I didn't mind the looks of the TS4 sims too much, but I found the game play awkward. I think one of my biggest annoyances was the lag. Maybe I would have liked it better if I was playing on a different computer.

I found things hard to find, like items in the buy and build mode. It took me awhile to figure out how things were laid out. (I searched forever for a phone so one of my sims could look for a job, only to finally figure out there are no buyable phones. My sims automatically have cell phones.) Everything is in a completely different place on the UI and the scrolling was backwards from what I'm used to. (I could change the scroll settings, but I never got it completely right for what I'm used to.)

The neighborhood screen is ugly. It's very flat, like the TS1 neighborhood screen, but sections are grayed out (for no discernible reason) until you hover over (or click on) the group of houses.

It seems like it takes forever for sims to do anything and they don't respond as quickly to things you direct them to do. In the first household I moved in, one of my sims got a book and then sat on the toilet to read. I was trying to direct her to do other things or other sims to interact with her and the actions just queued up and she sat in there for hours until I finally had to cancel the action. That household was a family of five, which I thought might be too much to handle, so I switched to a family of two (my simself and my son, who was technically my brother in the game, because I couldn't find the place to change family ties in CAS. Not that it seemed to make any difference.) It still took my sims ages to do anything, like cook a meal or take a shower. They seemed to require less sleep though. SimChase would have to stay up half of the night taking care of his needs and doing his homework, but he'd wake up fully rested in time for school in just a few hours with no problem. Their needs would seem to drop very suddenly. Like one minute everything seems to be in the green, then suddenly all of their needs are dropping low and it takes so long for them to take care of any one need, that the others, meanwhile, are going into the red.

The emotions are weird. The third household I made as a single mom and her two teens. All of a sudden out of nowhere the two teens get embarrassed and start hiding in their beds and I have no indication of why. The best I could guess is that it was because their mom burned her dinner.

I like the customization of the sims and I like the add a room feature, once I figured out how it worked. I had a lot of trouble lining things up just right because of the lag, but it's really handy to just drop a pre-built and pre-furnished room right on to my house. And if doing that interferes with any of the other items in the room, those items get sent to a house inventory, so you can put them back in if you want to.

I probably would have liked it more if it didn't lag so much for me and if I had some mods to make their needs not drop so fast or take so long to take care of. The trial was for 48 hours and I only ended up playing it for a couple hours before the time was up.

I'm working on getting my game set up again. I just got a new computer and I'm anxious to see how The Sims does on it. I ordered a desktop this time, hoping it will be less likely to lag and overheat than my laptop, but I didn't order a monitor with it. (Funny, because the main problem I had with my laptop was the screen.) I figured I could buy one separately rather than having it shipped and in the meantime I could use my TV as a monitor. I looked all over for the right type of cable to hook up the computer to the TV and ended up having to order on from Amazon. I finally got it hooked up last weekend, so I'm moving my files over and trying to figure out a better set up. Right now I have to sit on the floor to play or when I need to use the keyboard, which isn't the best. I may need to go out and get a monitor and set it up in the other room. We discovered my new computer came with a trial of Plants vs. Zombies (which made me think of Mac and Maikki) so Chase has gotten me into playing that now. (Whenever he fails a level, he has me give it a try.) I'm going to have to decide which hood to play again. It's been so long, I'm not sure where to jump back in.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:23 am

TS2 forever! Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 940149
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects   Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Em's Random Sim Pics and Projects
Page 15 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next