Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Life in Christophe Harbour

Go down 
+14
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
clc
mac
Grykon
Caleb_71
Hunter
Ullwera
soloaris
WittyKitty
Sugah
Astral Faery
autumnelle
AdriannaSimmie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:19 am

It had to happen. Carolyn doesn't deserve someone who is going to play with her feelings like that. Kyle needs to find himself some like minded girls to hang out with. However, I certainly can't say I'm disappointed in how things are turning out. I think Carolyn's friend will be happy about it too - sorry for her and mad at him, but Marco will be there to pick up the pieces of her broken heart.
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:10 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 247485 Go, Marco, go Marco... Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 247485 Yes he is gorgeous ... if one likes "slime balls" Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 97206 Toni he realy need a broken leg Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 968206
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:23 am

What? No sympathy for a good-looking rogue? laughin Man you guys are tough!

Well you're gonna love what happens next.

----

Kyle skipped classes on Monday and spent the whole day calling and texting Carolyn, but her phone was off.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa34b517

He sent her a long email, apologizing for hurting her and pledging his love.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_9a34b702

Finally in the afternoon he called the Garcia home, and one of her sisters put her on the line.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_5a34b45e

"I've changed my cell number she said. Don't try to contact me Kyle. There's nothing left."

The tears slid down his cheeks as he realized he had lost the only girl he ever really loved.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_5a34b4cd

"Forget you know me," Carolyn said softly, hanging up the phone.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_ba34b409

Kyle spent the next few days on the couch.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_ba35c813

His friends were relieved on Friday when he got up and took a shower. But Kyle was only focused on dulling the ache in his chest. He took up smoking, drank all day, woke up late, drank some more and spent a lot of time praying to the procelain god.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Badhabit

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_9a349578

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a34981d

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa34963a

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_ba34938b

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_ba349914

His friends gave him space, thinking he just needed to get it out of his system.

But Kyle wasn't finished torturing himself yet. He staggered home one morning, with a tattoo across his torso and his head shaved.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a34fa7c

And the downward spiral continued

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a34fbfc

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:36 am

Good for her for sending that two time hustler to the curb...

I do feel bad for him though and hate to see him going to the dark side. He had a great girl, ruined it by being a romeo and is now regretting life..

Oh the drama of young love...

Maybe she will forgive him or maybe he will learn the error of his ways and get back on track
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Ha, ha ... laughin He act like the spoiled Brat he is ... a five year contract to the Legion (French special force) should straighten him up! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 598258 Why does he go to the toilet so much is he pregnant??? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 97206 If she forgive him for being untrue to her, not just one time, but several, with several different girls, I will personally go and hit her head with the dumb stick... Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 12612 Toni story is great, pictures awesome! good work my girl!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Oh you guys are brutal! laughin

Jackie, you must be a very innocent boy, if you don't know why Kyle keeps getting sick! It's because he has been drinking too much...except for that time after Carolyn dumped him. That time, it was the shock of what had happened.

Now, he's just trying to drown his sorrows with alcohol. A lesson to all the young'uns out there. Take note: Over-drinking is baaaaaad. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 465755

Now....where were we?

Marco listened as Carolyn poured her heart out.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_da38a8c5

Then as the sun began to set they went for a walk in the woods behind his house...by then there was not much left for Carolyn to say, so they mostly walked in comfortable silence.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_9a38aa3b

"Marco always makes me feel better," she thought to herself.

"Oh man, Marco...you've found yourself in quite a situation here," he thought to himself.

They reached back to the D'Angelo house just as night fell, and Marco borrowed his mother's car to drive Carolyn back home.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_da38a5f4

"I'm here if you need me," he said softly, leaving the engine running when he pulled up in front of her house.

"I know," she said with a little smile. She leaned over, and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek, her lips brushing the corner of his.

He was sure she could hear his heart hammering in his chest.

"Thank you Marco," she whispered.

He nodded, not trusting himself to speak. She squeezed his hand and slipped out of the car into the moonlight. She waved, turned away and walked down the stone path to the front door.

It swung open, as she approached and Marco made out the her father Dr. Michael Garcia standing in the doorway. She turned and waved again, disappearing with her father into the house. A conflicted Marco drove back home slowly, not anxious to reach back to the bustling D'Angelo household.

This had been the most time he and Carolyn had spent together in a long time. After he had made the decision at the end of the summer to pull away from her, they had mostly communicated by text and on Facebook. It was too difficult to spend so much time with her when she still made his stomach flip over. He had gotten all of that under control, by keeping their exchanges light and friendly, and in the new school year, picking a seat on the opposite side of the classroom from her. She wasn't even in his direct line of sight.

He had been busy with his part time job at the retro music store, trying to save money for University. His new-ish girlfriend Solveig went to another school, and lived on the other side of town. Between his job and studying, he used what little time he had to spend with her. He hadn't even signed up for the Drama Club this year, but that was as much to avoid seeing Carolyn as his not having much time.

Her call today had surprised him, and he was shocked to realize his feelings for her were not buried as deeply as he thought.

Aside from the fact that he was now seeing Solveig, there was no way he would confuse Carolyn more by letting on that he had deep feelings for her.

A hurried dinner with the family and a cold shower later, he disappeared into his room to try and get some studying done. With his older brother Joey away at University, he had moved out the room that he had shared with his twin brother Vinnie, into Joey's tiny room at the front of the house. He was glad for the privacy. He really needed to keep his grades up so he could get a scholarship to attend the Academie Le Tour's exclusive theatre programme.

But he was so distracted...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_3a38b0d3

His mind was racing. Carolyn was so vulnerable she would undoubtedly respond if he let her know he cared about her.

"But that would be so wrong," he whispered to himself. Besides, as much as he'd dreamed about holding her in his arms, he didn't want her that way.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_9a38aebb

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 pm

I was going to say I did not feel sorry for Kyle at all, but he's really taking the break up way worse than I expected. Drinking, shaved head, and tatoos, wow! I'm glad Marco is trying to make sure things are right with Carolyn. Poor guy seems so tortured.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Though I sympathize (somewhat) with Kyle, he had it coming. I'm sorry that he is so crushed, but how does he think Carolyn feels? I hope he can break out of his depression, but I honestly want to see Carolyn with Marco. It's overdue and he's been patient long enough. I admire him for not moving in when he knows how vulnerable she is. That's a good man - and she deserves that. I love you
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:36 am

What? Let Marco and Carolyn hook up and live happily ever after? Oh that would be far too tidy! laughin No, no my friends...there is still much drama ahead for all of these young folks. affraid

----

Feeling genuinely ill on Monday, Carolyn stayed home from school, and hid out in her room. Her stay-at-home-mother Chaya, knowing what was going on, gave her her space, just peeking in on her a couple of times to make sure she was alright. Carolyn had asked her brother Jon to buy a new phone chip for her mobile. By mid-morning she had changed her phone number and texted and emailed all her friends to let them know how they could reach her.

She read Kyle's long, pleading email...and deleted it.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_da34e559

In the afternoon she finally took his call, and told him to stop trying to contact her.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_5a34e833

Her friend Reece came over to visit after school, but Carolyn didn't hear a word she said.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_ba34edd3

Marco, after receiving a text from Carolyn from her new number thanking him for being such a good friend, texted back and asked if she needed anything.

"No thanks, M. I'll be ok," she texted back. "See you soon."

He grabbed a streetcar across town to spend some time with his girlfriend Solveig, but his mind was far away.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_3a39182c

Jumping ahead a couple of weeks to what's going on at Fiesta Tech

Kyle continued on his course of self-destruction, skipping more classes than he was attending

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_ba34a2ac

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_9a3647f9

His friends, decided it was time to intervene

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a34a8c8

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a34a70b

But Kyle couldn't quell the ache in his heart. He tried to forget Carolyn by picking up other girls

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_7a350210

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a350251

One hottie in particular, Moira, had been eying Kyle all semester. But his heart was just not in it.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_5a34ff8f

He put Moira into a cab, and drank until the sun came up.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_9a34a49b

Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 97206 I downloaded a gun that he can borrow, that Kyle guy Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 97206

Well it was a joke dear Toni verklempt any way he maybe should drop out from school and try to do something about his life (he begin to be Tragic like Pajazzo) maybe he should change his life total, go to Tibet and study Spirituality by Dali Lama Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 12612 or maybe he should try to Changes his sats from a romans Sim ( witch don't function so good for him) to a Family Sim, and try to get the girl back, or any way be true to the next girl he meet! or maybe hi should borrow the gun any way Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 99672

Quote :
Jackie, you must be a very innocent boy

No Not so much, but I'm an one woman at the time man, thats why I cant feel sorry for Kyle... in the last pictures he even have two at the same time ... so he can still ask me for a loan laughin
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:07 pm

You are turning into an evil little storyteller, missy. I think it's awesome!

I still have little sympathy for Kyle. I really like Jackie's ideas for him - especially the studying Tibetan Buddhism. Might do him some good.

As a reader and a romantic, of course I want to see Marco and Carolyn get together and watch sparkling rainbows appear. But as a storyteller, I know that it's WAY more fun, and makes a better story, to have drama and challenges to overcome. Otherwise, why bother, right?

So I'll grit my teeth and get ready for the drama. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 12679
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:55 am

Love your story and I totally agree with Ari..hehehehehe

Sorry luv but I have NO sympathy for Kyle, he made his bed now he can lie down in it.

Props and kudos to Carolyn for telling him "Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more"....

oh it would be nice to see Marco and Carolyn get together and have someone treat her so well but a story without drama would be ehhhh...
I know you won't disappoint us Lady T!!

Bring the drama of these star crossed lovers on

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: A Mother's Love   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:20 am

You guys are terrible! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 598258

----

Chaya was not about to tell Carolyn that she was too young to understand love. Now eighteen, her daughter was the same age she was when she met Michael, at the time a 20-year old medical student. They were married a year later, and in the summer would be celebrating their twenty-first wedding anniversary.

She did however, tell her oldest daughter about self-esteem and never allowing someone else to take your power away from you.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_787dedca_7a3942f6

The house was quieter than usual that Saturday, as the two sat under the big window in Chaya and Michael's bedroom. The many Garcia children were at either a game, a music lesson, a ballet class, a part time job or hanging with friends. Michael, a surgeon, was on duty at Harbour General's Trauma Center. The big, old house was deserted except for Carolyn and her mother.

They talked for over an hour, her mother's gentle voice with the soft Caribbean lilt, soothing her spirit and stilling her troubled heart. Carolyn felt better as her mother explained that she had done nothing wrong. "You can't control how other people act or what they do, you can only control how you respond to them," Chaya told her daughter.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_787dedca_9a39446c

"I do believe Kyle loves you, but whether it's immaturity or a character flaw, he is not capable of honouring and respecting you the way you deserve," Chaya said.

Carolyn felt like a weight had lifted off her shoulders. She didn't need Kyle or any boy to validate herself.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_787dedca_9a39439b

Back at Fiesta Tech Kyle had hit rock bottom

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_7a349bc6

He barely came out of his room, and his grades were plummeting.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_fa34a1ad

His friends tried to cover for him, making excuses to professors, "He's been sick. Mono, we think." Was their standard excuse. But if Kyle didn't get himself in gear he was going to end up on academic probation. An art student, he had a self-portrait to complete by the end of the week worth 80% of his Fine Art grade. They called in the only person who they figured could help at that point.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_1a34adc6

His mother Margot.

The friends made themselves scarce and Margot tried to lure Kyle out of his room with the offer of a meal. "Do you want me to make you your favourite? Seafood gumbo? I can run to the grocery store."

Kyle shook his head sadly. Then with a little smile breaking through tears, he said softly.

"Can you make me one of your banana splits?"

And so, over biiiig banana splits, Margot talked to her son gently but firmly about taking responsibility for your actions, about treating people the way you would want to be treated, and about understanding that for every action there was a reaction.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_1a34b055

"You're beating yourself up over something that you can't change. You can't undo what happened, Sweetie," she said.

"But you can take responsibility for your future. I know you're hurting, honey, but I assure you, this too shall pass."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_3a34abdf

Kyle waved goodbye to his mother from the doorway, and then slowly climbed the stairs and took a long, hot shower. Standing in front of his easel by his bedroom window, the dry, dessert breeze kissing his bare skin he touched his brush to the canvas and began to paint.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_1986ee0f_da34afee

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Ok I'm really glad Kyle's mother came over and talked some sense into him. I was starting to get disgusted with him and his solo pity party (not at your storytelling, though - you tell a lovely story I love you )

It is good to see Kyle making an effort to get on with his life. I look forward to his self portrait - I'll be interested in knowing how he sees himself.

And I love how Carolyn now knows that she doesn't need a boy to validate her - you go, girl!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 pm

The power of Mom's Love!!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:12 pm

I love that you guys are getting so involved! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 578473

@ Ari - heh, heh....I guess I was kinda laying it on thick with Kyle's crash and burn eh? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 97206 I love me some good angst!

Just wanted to post a quick 'meanwhile' to the Kyle and Carolyn saga, because there are other things happening in The Habour afterall Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 12612

---
Meanwhile, back in Christophe Harbour....

Denis Duval (Darren Dreamer) gets married to Noelle somebody-or-the-other...the music and dance iconist.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_edae8d77_79a66d31
Bandi gets engaged to a townie named Todd Lawson, who promptly moves into her tiny house with her and the kids.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_b9f3cd03
We missed this earlier, but Alexander Goth is now a teenager. Here he is (after a little necessary plastic surgery) with his dad and step mother Dina Caliente-Goth (also subjected to some very necessary plastic surgery)

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_6dae6a73_1a1bdb7d
Very regal, don't you think?

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_6dae6a73_3a1bdbca
She's been married to Mortimer for nearly three years now and they already have two cute little toddlers Rachel and Jacob (just 10 months apart)

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_adae8020_3a3deca8
Little Sean Brookes (Broke), Anglea and Dustin's son has also grown into a cute toddler

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_cdae71fd_59dfb7b4

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_cdae71fd_3a007a9e

As has Max's daughter Sam (Samantha)

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_adae8020_5a3deab1
And so has Nella Lothario

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_adae8020_da3de9b4
And just in time, because Cassandra has just had twins Joshua and Roman

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_adae8020_19d5c4e3

Just thought I'd bring you up to date on the other happenings...
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Lady A wrote:
You are turning into an evil little storyteller, missy...I still have little sympathy for Kyle...of course I want to see Marco and Carolyn get together and watch sparkling rainbows appear...

Lady J wrote:
but I have NO sympathy for Kyle, he made his bed now he can lie down in it....kudos to Carolyn for telling him "Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more"...oh it would be nice to see Marco and Carolyn get together and have someone treat her so well...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 357604 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 637989

Well said, ladies, I couldn't agree with you both more!

Lady T wrote:
She did however, tell her oldest daughter about self-esteem and never allowing someone else to take your power away from you...
You can't control how other people act or what they do, you can only control how you respond to them," Chaya told her daughter...
Carolyn felt like a weight had lifted off her shoulders. She didn't need Kyle or any boy to validate herself.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 461171 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 147390

All the toddlers are so adorable, Toni.

As always, I apologize for being so behind in this thread, m'lady.
And, as always, I love the beautiful screenshots, awesome, creative storyline and all the gorgeous abodes/lots!

You truly have a gift for entertaining, fun storytelling AND decorating fantabulous, tasteful Sims homes.

Thank you for sharing with us here.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 692371

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 pm

It's nice that Kyle and Carolyn had their mothers to help them through their problems. Margot is a lot more gentle with her son than I think I would have been if it were me. I'm glad she told him he needed to take responsibility for his actions and I hope that this is a turning point for him to start being a better person. But I still don't feel too sorry for him. I don't get the feeling that he's really sorry for hurting Carolyn, just feeling sorry for himself because he got caught and because he lost her. I'm still hoping he'll turn around though.

It's nice to see the updates on your other families. It looks like things are moving along!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 am

Babies, YAY! Weddings, YAY! I hope you follow Brandi's life a little, as she's always been my favorite Pleasantview sim. (HINT HINT)

It stuns me how much work and care you put into every room of your house! The toddlers' rooms look like rooms of real houses with everything so tastefully decorated.

And extra WOW for Dina! I agree the Maxis made version of her definitely needs some surgery. Your Dina is beautiful. I love what you did to her - her eyes and lips are so pretty. Heck, I would even be tempted to play her if she looked that good in my game. Usually I just avoid both her and her sister.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:41 am

Howdie! I'm back with an update. Ari, big HINT noted! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 99672 Should be able to rustle up some photos of the 'Brookes' family. I've always been an avid photo taker in my game....heck I've probably got photos of some of my first simmies stashed away somewhere on my hard drive. I'll try to compile a little montage on Brandi and her brood for you soon.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I spend a lot of time decorating and this forum has been an awesome opportunity to show off! lol! Love you guys!

Now, let's check in on Carolyn...

----

Carolyn felt a lot better after her long talk with her mom, and though she still thought about Kyle, she used her new found perspective to tell herself, "His loss." It usually worked! And as the weeks passed she found that often a whole day would go by without more than just a flicker of him running through her mind.

In the last few weeks of her final year of high school she was working hard to pass all her subjects.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_9a391210

Not the most dedicated student, she hadn't managed to get an academic scholarship, but she did get one for 'fancy footwork' (if only we could get those in real life, eh?! lol!).

She hung out with her friends at Reece's house a lot!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_3a34f318

Reece's dad was a Minister (Reverend Lawson), and not too crazy about her being far out of his sight. So her friends were welcome over to the house anytime, and so they were there all the time!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_3a34f1c6

And then of course there was her other love...movies!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_3a3a386d_ba3a41b2
As the weeks passed, Carolyn began to notice how much she looked forward to the warm and cheery FB posts, texts and emails from Marco.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_ba390b1e
She actually found herself thinking about him a lot. For whatever reason, Marco had never mentioned Solveig to Carolyn (remember Solveig went to another school), so Carolyn assumed he was busy with his part time job. She found herself missing the amount of time they used to spend together. One Saturday she saw him at the movies with his buddy Andre and her heart skipped a beat.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_3a3a386d_1a3a3cf7-1-1

'Silly,' she said to herself, shaking her head. But she just couldn't seem to stop thinking about her best friend. "I'm just lonely," she thought to herself.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_3a3a386d_9a3a3d9a
"Maybe it's time for me to start dating. Though what's the point? I'm going to be away for the summer, and then be back to head off to University."

But try as she might, Marco kept popping into her head. When Andre teasingly told her one day after school that he and 'her husband, Marco' had gotten accepted to The Academie Le Tour. She was stunned...not by news that they would be going off to a different school (she was heading for Fiesta Tech), but that Andre would refer to Marco that way.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_ba34eb1d
"My HUSBAND?" she asked quizzically.

"Oh you two are in love with each other and you don't even know it!" Andre said teasingly, a big grin on his face.

"I...I...I...don't know what you're talking about."

"Hey," he said with a laugh, jabbing her playfully in her arm.

"I'm just heckling you. It's just that you guys get along so well. When you used to hang out all the time, me and Vinnie would call you guys, the 'old married couple,'" Andre said laughing.

"Very funny." Carolyn said sarcastically, punching her long time friend playfully in his chest.

"Ow," he said, keeling over in mock pain.

"You're so violent," he said staggering around clutching at his chest, while they both laughed.

But later at home, Carolyn could not forget what Andre had said.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_fa390782
"Tell him!" her sister Paulina told her, when she confided in her the next morning.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_b8bd600b_7a390ca0
"What've you got to lose? You're not in love with him, you're just crushing. Right? If he's not interested, then you move on."

Young people just don't get it, Carolyn thought to herself, even as she smiled at the never-had-her-heart-broken sixteen year old Paulina.

Is it just a crush? She asked herself.

But that afternoon she found herself wandering over to the D'Angelo home. She knew he didn't work on Sundays, and the family almost always spent Sunday afternoons visiting their grandparents. She also knew that Marco and Vinne hadn't been going along recently, because Vinnie worked on Sundays and Marco used the time to study. By her calculations he should have the house to himself.

"Oh maaaan, what am I doing?" she thought, taking a deep breath as she climbed the steps and approached the front door.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_1a3de816

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_7a3de823

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_79d9a0bd

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_588c23bb_39d99f2b
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:15 am

NOooooooo! I think my heart just broke in two! Dang you, Marco! I mean, I know he's trying to move on with his life, but...but...Carolyn was right there! So close but still so far....

I would love to see pics of Brandi and her family - if you don't mind posting them. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 738528
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

The portrait is the talk of the Art Department at Fiesta Tech

He got an A+

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 K
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Whoa! That is awesome!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Meanwhile! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 97206 Well folks, as requested by the most delightful Ari...I'm going to post some pix of Brandi Brookes (Broke) and her family.

For those who may've skimmed over the preamble at the beginning of the thread. I changed some of the Maxis family's names, so the Broke family is now Brookes. I also did some plastic surgery on the less than comely simmies so I'd feel like playing them...some more than others (the Caliente sisters....MORE!). I also use default skins, eyes and eyesbrows, and all sorts of makeup to accentuate and minimize features.

I also used SimPe to make and rearrange memories...so they all had lives BEFORE the game started. And interesting ones no less! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 774807 For example Don Lothario had a child with Brandi even before he met Cassandra, and one with Nina right AFTER he got married to Cassandra.

But back to the Brookes.' I used SimBlender to speed up Brandi's pregnancy that Maxis gives her to us with. I then used various mods to speed up the growth of the boys so they're closer together in age, and then she had Alison (with Don) when her third son, Drew was still a child.

Today the kids are: Dustin, 19. Beau nearly 17 and Drew 15. Alison is about 6.

First, Brandi and her kids live in a teeny run down, but brightly painted house, sandwiched between a book store and an old French restaurant. I found the house here at Seriously Amused Sims, and was inspired by it and its colours to move Brandi in (she does like bright colours! lol!). She used the small payout from Skip's life insurance and the money from selling their very old and very cramped trailer and his pick up to buy the fixer-upper in the French Quarter.

The house was empty and I rearranged the walls inside to squeeze everyone in, and changed the windows and doors, and did the landscaping. I figured Brandi is eternally broke (she's now a waitress in the culinary career, but all she wants to do is have babies, so I don't know how far she'll get)...so the house is a mishmash of a few good, but old pieces from her parents, and stuff she picked up at the second hand store.

Anyway, this post is already getting too long, so first I'll post some random shots of the house. The ages of the kids may vary as these were taken over time.

The view from the street.
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_fa45cee9

The narrow alleyway to their gate.
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_ba48a89c

Small back yard
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_1a48a9e7

The Brandi bright kitchen
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_ba48ac6f
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_da48ac61

Downstairs bathroom (that's neat freak Drew cleaning the tub. Older shot when he was still a child).
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_3a45d09f

The corridor that leads to the living room.
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_9a4608a5

Said living room
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_3a45e533
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_fa46250a

Brandi heads to the upstairs bathroom (that's the door to her bedroom on the right)
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_da46096d

Dustin relaxes in the very small room that the three boys share.
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_3a45d5f7
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_1a45d60b
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_ba45d8a0

Alison's little room.
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_1a48a85e
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_3a48a7f0

And my favourite space...Brandi's bedroom.
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_5a45de3a
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Snapshot_2dae7a30_1a45dfbf

Ok...going to go back to looking through my hundreds of screen shots so I can give you a little replay of Brandi's life over the past six years, what with the Don Lothario drama and meeting the new boyfriend. Oh the fun we've had! lol!

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 678648 Toni, This house is very beautiful in it own old and run down way, the colors are wonderful, and the rooms are small but nicely furnished, it realy looks warm and homey, like one could live a happy life there Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 637989 , thanks for sharing this sweet home with us Toni Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 508493

Like I said many times before, you got a way with words, so how could ever a post from you be to long?? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 692371
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life in Christophe Harbour
Page 8 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 33  Next