Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!

Go down 
+3
soloaris
AdriannaSimmie
dsmbear
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dsmbear

dsmbear

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! Empty
PostSubject: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi!

I know a few of you from Simply Edward, so I hope that I won't bore you guys too much with my intro, but here goes...

I'm a 48 yo male from des Moines, IA. I got my 'new" computer a year ago last Feburary, and started buying Sims 2 games a few months before, and now I have all of the expansions, except for a few stuff packs. I knew that i would love Sims 2 becase i loved the first sims game, but right now, I only have everything up to Pets installed, due to the fact that I don't quite have enough memory, or the hard drive space.

I have a really wierd sense of humor, and as Sugah and a few others can testify, I can be quite the wild thing, LOL!

Well, don't have much else to say...i just found out that edward shut down his site, and possibly for good, so I'm bumbed out about it. Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! Kopfschuettel Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 62525

...But...We'll make the best of things and keep the party going over here, and Edward, if you're reading this, please don't become a stranger, dear friend...we love you, man! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 624517

Hugs to you all, and especially to Sugah for starting theis cool site, and to Edward who gave me the gift of two very handsome sim twins, Michael and Mitchell. I hope to publish their bio here soon, with pics!

And Sugah...to answer an earlier question...You can call me Bear or Michael, or you can shorten my screen name to dsm...that works, too!
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 442241

Welcome Bear,
So glad you made it to Sugah's Place. I love the Bobby Darin profile pic.
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Hello Michael Good to see you here at Sugah's man, hope you will have fun, and interact a lot with the members of this nice site Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 637989

Sad to here about Edward Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 497514 , are you sure about that? Well have not seen him for a day or so, but he is a really nice guy... Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 12612

Be most welcome! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 631147
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:10 pm

AdriannaSimmie wrote:
Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 442241

Welcome Bear,
So glad you made it to Sugah's Place. I love the Bobby Darin profile pic.

Thanks!

Bobby Darin is a relatively new fav of mine...A few years ago, I just started singing, without any prompt and out of the blue, "Mack The Knife", and realized that it was a Bobby Darin song, and I realized that hey...I like that "1960's lounge" style of music, and second, I really like Bobby Darin!

By the way, on another thread, I noted to Sugah that I really liked one of her wallpapers, and was planing to do a "Down with Love" theme. I'd really love it if anyone knows of a site where I can download a Bobby Darin sim, because even though he wasn't a member of the "Rat Pack", i want to download him and the Rat Pack, and put them all into a story in a future instalment. Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 578473

Oh, and AdriannaSimmie...Your avatar looks familiar...is that taken from the movie, "Laura" (1944)? I saw that movie years ago...what a crazy ending! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 97206
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:26 pm

soloaris wrote:
Hello Michael Good to see you here at Sugah's man, hope you will have fun, and interact a lot with the members of this nice site Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 637989

Sad to here about Edward Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 497514 , are you sure about that? Well have not seen him for a day or so, but he is a really nice guy... Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 12612

Be most welcome! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 631147

Well, now the message on SIMply Edward reads "...MIGHT close down"..., so maybe if we encoraged Edward, he'll reconsider, and keep the site open. Sure, he's a member over here, too, but there are things over there that are unique to that forum, just as there are things that are unique to this one. If worse comes to worse, and the site does close, I hope that Edward at least pop in here from time to time to say hi! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 12612
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Hello, Bear, and welcome to Sugah's. Nice to see you here!

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 599369
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Okay, moving on...a few more things about me:

Favorite colour: Purple/Gem tones.
Right handed or Lefty?: Right handed
Height: 6' 4" Shoe: 14

(Like you guys need to know my shoe size, LOL!) Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 774807

Favorite styles: Art Deco, Louis 15th, Renaissance, Neo Classical, French Country.

Speaking of Renaissance, I also have a fondness for Renaissance faires, and I consider myself lucky to live just four hours away from what many consider to be the "Grand daddy" of all renaissance faires, "The Minnesota Renaissance Faire"! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 912276

Most exotic food ever cooked: Dolmades, or stuffed grape leaves. I have a Russian/Irish friend who had an aunt that is all Russian, and shortly after I met him 27 years ago, I was over at the aunt's house, and she made some stuffed grape leaves, and Tom, my friend, asked me if I wanted to try some. Well, I didn't want to sond rude, so I said yes, and man oh man...was I pleasantly shocked! Not only did I like the stuffed graped leaves, I asked for a second helping! Well, for 25 years, I've had the urge to make some, and last December, I finally got up the nerve to research recipies and I went out and bought a jar of leaves. (And trust me, they were hard to find) And I made a HUGE batch of those things and I was wrapping leaves for over half an hour! Well, next time, I'll cut back to two lemons instead of the four in the recipie, but other than that, they were great! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 883392
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:31 am

Yes, I guess people get Stuck sometimes and need some encouraging Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 665781 , Cant you ask Edward for a Bobby Darin Sim? He is really good on doing male Sims Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 584675 Yes about the lemons, Easy with them Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 128862

Dont even know that way to size feet, 14 what can that be in European size? Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 391884
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:43 am

soloaris wrote:
Yes, I guess people get Stuck sometimes and need some encouraging Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 665781 , Cant you ask Edward for a Bobby Darin Sim? He is really good on doing male Sims Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 584675 Yes about the lemons, Easy with them Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 128862

Dont even know that way to size feet, 14 what can that be in European size? Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 391884

Well, according to http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_shoes_mens.htm

I would be a size 48 1/2

Now, about Edward...

It's hard to tell what is going on with him right now. Heck, I've only known him 2-3 weeks...about the same time that I met a lot of you guys over at SIMply Edward. (Or Insiminator, for that matter)

So, I don't know much other than what he' s posted over there in the marquee. But he's aparently got some things going on that are a way bigger priority than Sims stuff, so the best thing to do is just pray for him, and I left him a message on Facebook to pop over here once in awhile...if only to say hello from time to time.

I hope that he'll get the stuff done that he needs to get done, and with time, maybe Simply Edward will be up and running again. Or, maybe he'll just pop over here from time to time.. Who knows?

In the meantime, let's give Ed some space and let him focus on what he needs to focus on, and if he comes back here and/or re-opens Simply Edward, great! If not, we move on and thank the Lord that we had whatever time we had with him, and cherrish our memories of Ed and his wonderful creations!

Edward...we love you! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 665781
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 am

Welcome, Michael! It's nice to have you here.

I want to start out by saying your avvy was driving me crazy. I KNEW I had seen that face before, but couldn't place it.
When I saw Jen's post, it jogged my feeble old memory.

Quote :
I'd really love it if anyone knows of a site where I can download a Bobby Darin sim, because even though he wasn't a member of the "Rat Pack", i want to download him and the Rat Pack, and put them all into a story in a future instalment.

What a fun idea! I did a quick search at MTS2, where folks contribute a lot of Celeb Sims, but nothing came up.
That's not my strength (Celeb Sims), unfortunately, or I'd be happy to do a Bobby Darin Sim for you.

I look forward to you starting your own Sims Antics thread here, if you'd care to.
It's always fun to see what others have going on in their games.

Quote :
I was planing to do a "Down with Love" theme...

Sounds intriguing!

Quote :

(Like you guys need to know my shoe size, LOL!)

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 683951

You'd mentioned Art Deco is one of your faves. I've been wanting to do a room or too in Art Deco with some coordinating walls.
I definitely need to put that on my "to create" list.

Congrats on making your own stuffed grape leaves. How exotic! I'm glad they turned out so well.
Way to go! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 21650

Thank you for joining Sugah's Place, Michael. I hope you enjoy chillin' with us.

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 34872
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 am

Sugah wrote:
Welcome, Michael! It's nice to have you here.

I want to start out by saying your avvy was driving me crazy. I KNEW I had seen that face before, but couldn't place it.
When I saw Jen's post, it jogged my feeble old memory.

Quote :
I'd really love it if anyone knows of a site where I can download a Bobby Darin sim, because even though he wasn't a member of the "Rat Pack", i want to download him and the Rat Pack, and put them all into a story in a future instalment.

What a fun idea! I did a quick search at MTS2, where folks contribute a lot of Celeb Sims, but nothing came up.
That's not my strength (Celeb Sims), unfortunately, or I'd be happy to do a Bobby Darin Sim for you.

I look forward to you starting your own Sims Antics thread here, if you'd care to.
It's always fun to see what others have going on in their games.

Quote :
I was planing to do a "Down with Love" theme...

Sounds intriguing!

Quote :

(Like you guys need to know my shoe size, LOL!)

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 683951

You'd mentioned Art Deco is one of your faves. I've been wanting to do a room or too in Art Deco with some coordinating walls.
I definitely need to put that on my "to create" list.

Congrats on making your own stuffed grape leaves. How exotic! I'm glad they turned out so well.
Way to go! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 21650

Thank you for joining Sugah's Place, Michael. I hope you enjoy chillin' with us.

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 34872

Thanks, Sugah!

Well, I will need to develop more of a story line with my "Twins", Michael and Mitchell, but since they were designed by Edward, it will be emotionally straining, cuz, I'll always look at them and remember that Edward was their creator.

Sniff...I'm gonna miss Edward! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 729422

Okay...I need to get past beyond that whole "Edward" thing and move on. He did what he had to do, and I give a man respect for taking care of business! I did tell Ed over on his Facebook to pop over here and say hello from time to time...just to let us know how he's doing.

Anyway...

I have a whole neighbourhood that is filling up quick with new characters based on some of my online pals and a few new characters that I found hewre in there.

I am working on a charity fashion show story line, and have a fashion show hack in my game, but haven't figured ot how to use it yet. Has anyone done a fashion show in thier game? If you have, send me some pointers! Thanks! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 738528
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:29 am

I remember I had trouble trying to figure out a fashion show hack a long time ago, too, Michael.
I don't know if there are any tutorials out there for the one you have downloaded.
How intricate were the "how to" instructions where you found the hack?
I'm often times technically challenged when it comes to that sort of thing, unfortunately. Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 85797

As far as Edward possibly shutting his site down (did he give an official closing date?), that seems to be the way of it with these things.
I've been saying this for years, but sites come and go.
People tend to move on, whether they just lose interest or real life takes them in other directions.
I'm very happy, especially with the release of Sims 3, there is still an interest in Sims 2...not like there use to be, but enough to keep some of us plugging along in the community.

After Sugah's Place, my Photobucket and Mediafire accounts were all hacked/hijacked, I seriously considered giving up this forum.
I thought it might be better if I just become a "guest creator" at other sites, so as not to risk the heartache of possibly being attacked again.
But after much consideration and the amazing outpouring of kindness from the Sims community, I decided to rebuild.
I'm still rebuilding, actually, as not all links have been repaired to date. No
Anyhoo, it's a choice that I made. I respect when others must give up their sites.
As I said, it's just the way of it.

I've seen some magnificent sites with brilliant creators move on to other things, for whatever reason.
It's always sad, of course, but inevitable.
We can only wish them well and hope to run into them online again one day.

Perhaps you should play your twins, Michael and Mitchell, in rememberance of the creator you liked and befriended.
I have some pretty snacky Sims in my game made by Ed.
When I play them, I'll remember it was he who created them for me.
I have no doubt Ed will be missed by many if he decides to close SIMply Edward.
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 442241 to Sugah´s place Michael!

It´s nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Ullwera wrote:

It´s nice to meet you!

Same back to you, Ullwera! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 738528 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 363286 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 665781 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 344738
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Ullwera wrote:

It´s nice to meet you!

Donkey Shorts! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 99672

I feel very welcome over here already! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 495953

It does kinda help having met some of you at Edward's forum...so, let's get this party started already!!! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 578473 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 912276 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 74257 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 204654 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 12679 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 247485 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 534790 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 955951 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 508493 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 100574 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 989890
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 37797 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 37797 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 37797 Oh blessed news, oh happy day!!! Edward reversed his decision and is going to stay with us now! I don't know details and I don't need to know details, but someone or something caused him to change his mind! WOOOOOOOOOOT
Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 495953 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 578473 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 621122 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 408427 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 912276 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 74257 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 204654 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 8117 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 28795
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 2:16 pm

See? I knew he wouldn't go ahead with shutting his forum down.
I had a strong feeling he'd change his mind.

No worries, afterall, huh? Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 422794
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 692765 Welcome to the forum, Bear/Michael. Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 34872

Thanks for sharing the updates on Ed's forum. It's been too long since I dropped by there to say hello. I know he's had a lot of real life stuff going on the last few months, but I'm glad to hear he's not shutting down. It's always sad when a site has to shut down.

It's nice to meet you. Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 837249
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Hey you got the whole farm there Dsmbear, and they all do the happy dance! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 128862
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks, SimEm..Soloaris..and, of course, Sugah!

This sure is a groovin' place, I tell you! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 495953 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 912276 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 534790

Of course, I love ALL of my simmie forums...I find some of the most down to earth people playing Sims! Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 711747 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 628662
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Ullwera wrote:

It´s nice to meet you!

Same here! And a big hello also to Autumnelle and AdriannaSimmie...thanks so much for making me fit right in!
Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 912276 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 74257 Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! 665781
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!   Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiya from Des Moines, IA...dsmbear here!
Page 1 of 1