Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard

Go down 
+20
Hobbes
Pierre
Dentelle
bdhfsbp23
CallyDreaming
Caleb_71
mustluvcatz
Travellerp
Meilyn
CajsaN
SimEm
clc
autumnelle
tinhouse
Hunter
deekitty31
andrewplay599
LabCat
Ullwera
Angelsways1
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Okay, I've spent a bit of time working on my little duplex this afternoon.

Here's what I've got so far.

Exterior front:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Duplex_Exterior

Interior (dn) front:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Duplex_Dn

Interior (dn) back:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Duplex_DnBk

Interior (up) front:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Duplex_Up

Kitchen 1:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Duplex_Kitchen

Kitchen 2:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Duplex_Kitchen2

I haven't changed the zoning of it yet (using the changelotzoning apartmentbase cheat), as I want to make sure it's going to work as a duplex.

Can you see any issues with the way it is done so far, Andy?
I've made sure the unique separator doors are facing OUT and that no other door leads into each apartment.
The top sliding glass door has a wall around it, per your instructions.

And I can't remember for the life of me, but will the grills be safe on the balconies? Or will they be a huge fire hazard?
(I can always add a smoke alarm up there, if you think that'd help.)

It's minimally decorated, so folks can do it up real purty themselves (except for the bath and kitchen, which have appliances/plumbing, of course).

Thank you, in advance, for your thoughts and suggestions, Andrew. I appreciate your help mucho.
And please, if anyone else has something to offer, please, by all means, do so! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 881668
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Those should work great the way they are now. Now no matter how much you furnish it when your sim rents it all that will be there are the lights, stove sinks, refrigerator,counters, tiolet, and bath. Here is the thing when a townie rents the house the npc gets all the furnature to show in their apartment. So when your sim goes to visit them all the furnishings and deco you put in that condo will show up and be useable. If their in nothing in that apartment the npc will have nothing. So when playing always furnish the the apartments you won't be renting. Npc's need love too. So I think your condo is ready to be changed into an apartment. Remember to hit the shift, ctrl, and c buttons, then when the white appears at the top of your screen. changelotzoning apartmentbase the only space is between zoning and arpartmentbase. Look to make shure it is spelled correctly then hit enter button. Then save before going into neighborhood. If done correctly there will be a spinning box above the property. Now you have made your first apartment lot. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 912276 :wigglypig: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 74257 Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 408427 Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 578473 :dancinkitty1: :dancinhamster: :dancinkitty2:
Back to top Go down
http://simsplayhouse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Quote :
Now no matter how much you furnish it when your sim rents it all that will be there are the lights, stove sinks, refrigerator,counters, tiolet, and bath.
This is excellent info. Thank you!

I sent you a PM with the packaged duplex link, so you can take a look at it and see what the problem might be, as requested.

Yes, I am pulling up the cheat box and typing in changelotzoning apartmentbase, but keep getting the invalid error message.
I don't understand why it's not working (I'm pretty sure the doors and railing/fences are okay).
Hopefully, you'll be able to discover the issue straight away.

I appreciate you doing this for me, my friend.

Quote :
If there is nothing in that apartment the npc will have nothing. So when playing always furnish the the apartments you won't be renting. Npc's need love too.

NPCs need love, too. laughin
MORE good information. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 881668
Back to top Go down
CajsaN

CajsaN

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:20 am

Now here's some more pics! :)

The whole family moved to a bigger house.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_77986dba_97a02fb7
Ringlan is a beautiful teen.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_77986dba_77a0688d

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_77986dba_77a06fc6
She goes to private school and has a boyfriend.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_77986dba_17a197de
It's time for the twins to grow up :)
Istottan looked kind of weird as a child...

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_77986dba_d7a19a51
...but she came out real nice as a teen! :)

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_77986dba_d7a19a80
Her twin brother Smosen.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_97a963c4_b7a963d3
Ringlan as an adult.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_97a963c4_d7abfd51
Her boyfriend Vincent grew up too and they merried. They moved in to her old childhood house.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_97a963c4_b7ac1e84
Now they have a baby and expecting one more.

That's all for now :)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:15 am

I decided to try my hand at another apartment complex, this time, I opted to build a little trailer park on the east, industrial side of Belladonna Cove.

Eastside Trailer Park

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EastsideTrailerPark_Exterior

Inside Bldg 1

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EastsideTrailerPark_InteriorLeftLot

It converted from a residential lot to apartmentbase lot with no probem (unlike my duplex, unfortunately).
I still have work to do on it, as it needs a bit of revamping ... the bedroom should be downsized, to make the kitchen/lvg area less cramped.

To test it, I created Ginny Jackson ... a down on her luck, shy, active, but hard working Virgo who aspires to be a professional athlete one day.

Here is Ginny, checking out the smallest, least expensive (still priced around $1200 weekly ... go figure?!?) trailer.
From the look on her face, she just doesn't seem to sure about it, does she?

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_37b304a6_f7b305b0
"Oh, well. It's only temporary. I won't be in this dump long," thinks Ginny.

She signs the lease - but only for 6 months.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_37b304a6_97b305e7

Ginny rents just enough furniture to accomodate her basic needs while there and settles in with a good book.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_37b304a6_37b30ca8
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 am

Your buildings look great, Sugah! I really like the interior of the duplex.

Ginny's expression as she enters the trailer is priceless. She's really taking stock of the place isn't she? Is she an Elvis fan? laughin
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:47 pm

This is all such good information. I am going to start copying and pasting what you have shared with me so far.
Then, I'm going to print it all out on one document and keep it beside me for future reference when building apartments.

Thank you so much, as always, my dear. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 678648
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Ringlan and Istottan have such an exotic look to them, the more they age. What beauties, Cajsa!
I love Ringlan's dress as a teen. It's so pretty. Do you remember where you found it?

I look forward to seeing the next generation. Thank you for sharing. I am enjoying your family. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 940149
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Your buildings do look great!

I haven´t dared to try out to build apartments. :crabby:

I agree Ginny looks little sceptical.
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:18 pm

I love her outfit, very cute! The duplex is really great, I am looking forward to downloading it (hint, hint). ;)

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 302407
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Ringlan started out really cute, but man, she grew up hot! Really nice eyes. All around, though, they are really beautiful sims. Thanks for sharing.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 646549
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Wow, everytime I visit this thread I am in awe. You truly make fantastic lots, thank you so much for sharing!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 954246
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:07 pm

He's one of the best!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Thank you, ladies. I know I am not in the same league as Andy and Ulli, but I hope to improve with each lot I do.
I appreciate your positive feedback MUCHO!

No, she's not necessarily an Elvis fan (necessarily), Em.
I just didn't have anything else that looked good, as this is the puter that has practically NO downloads.

Elle, that little ensemble Ginny has on is a workout outfit I did and offered at my previous Sugah's Place.
I haven't decided if I will be adding a fashion department here yet (not my fave thing to do).
I'll have to find a complete pic of it. It's capri-style and comes with converse sneakers. ;)

I did a little more with Ginny's kitchen/living area. There's not much that can be done with it's current (too small) size.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 GinnysPlace_Kit-Lvg

Also, I don't know what's wrong (hopefully, Andrew knows), but the community mailbox (which was there when I first converted it to apts), is missing!
Instead, this weird red box has appeared. It's still a trailer park, as there are neighbors living on either side.

What the??? Where's the community mailbox?

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Wheresthecommunitymailbox

I have more to share, but Baylee is here, needs lunch and wants me to talk Crikey and Virgil (her puppets).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:11 pm

You decorated it really nice. Love the walls.

That look on her face just kills me! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:42 pm

The walls in the trailers are all from my most recent loft set, I believe, Ed.
Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback. I truly appreciate it.

I was experimenting with new textures for walls this afternoon and found some really neat siding @ a free textures site.
I did both a vertical and horizontal exterior wall.

I call these "Ramshackled".

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Ramshackled

Closer

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Ramshackled-Closer

I think they'd be perfect for beat up, rundown abodes or factories. What do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Those look really good...I like the vertical ones.

Another color I might suggest is, silver/grey in a gradient style going from light to dark/top to bottom. I bet those would look good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:21 pm

This is the new bedroom set that Sharon/TinHouse recolored. I think it's fantastic!
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 8d1d468e
I'm going to admit right upfront that I forgot the bedding and blanket that came with the recolor. So, I just put one down for visual effect.

The metal dresser does not come with the set. That belongs to 11Dots.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Beautiful job by Sharon, as always. She is truly a talented recolorist.

And you know I love red, white and black together, Ed. Looks terrific!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 pm

I agree!

When I saw that in the updates over at Black Pearl, my eyes bugged outta my head. I had to have it for TJ and Charles.

The painting that's above the bed, I gotta see if I can find a male instead of a female. You know.....

Oh, if you look close on top of the trunk is a welder's mask and torch. A little deco object I found. God forbid he picks it up and starts using it. I'd freak.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:10 pm

I was wondering if the horizontal Ramshackled wouldn't look good on the main exterior wall of a beat up old trailer.
Then, I could use the vertical for the trailer's skirt. I might try that tonight, when I load up my game.
I've created three colors so far: Moss Green, Suntanned (the two colors you see in the pic) and Off-Yellow (not shown).

I like your idea of a gray pair - great minds - as that was one of the colors I was going to do next.
However, I hadn't thought of the gradient style. Let me experiment with it to see if it works, Ed. Thanks! I love you

I'll probably do a factory blue and some other colors I think might work on old, rundown abodes.
Thank you for the feedback, m'dear!
Back to top Go down
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:31 pm

I think those are great walls and would go great with some of the pixle hate walls I have and a trashed set I got at insimenator.
Back to top Go down
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 pm

I think that bedroom looks awsome Ed. Ever thought about being an interior designer they make good money my friend.
Back to top Go down
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Thank you Autumnelle and Edward I am glad you like my updates thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:14 pm

I checked out some of Pixelhate's Time Factor walls over at MTS2 ... very cool!
They really have that weathered, grungy look I was going for with Ramshackled.

Thank you for the positive feedback, Andrew. :dancinkitty1:

IRT -

Okay, I played my Eastside Trailer Park gal, Ginny Jackson tonight.
For some reason, the application/my game crashed three times. The last time I played, I saved often and it didn't crash. Weird stuff!

I took only one pic. Ginny went to a community lot to schmooze a bit and when I was preoccupied with something else, she stepped up to the microphone
and started reciting poetry! The odd thing about this is ... she is verrrry shy ... only 3 outgoing points.
I find it odd that an introverted Virgo would welcome the opportunity to get on stage and start sharing haiku!
Anyhoo, here's the proof...

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Snapshot_37b304a6_b7b446d4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next