Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2

Go down 
+16
clc
ilikefishfood
autumnelle
WittyKitty
ChocklitKiss
Hobbes
dsmbear
Nancy01905
Astral Faery
soloaris
Nonni
Hunter
Ullwera
SimEm
Sugah
AdriannaSimmie
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 7:15 pm

I've been toying around with desktop wallpaper's. Sharon/TinHouse had asked me to make something for her in the Star Trek theme since she's a Trekkie like me...........I had to take a break from recoloring. My creative spark died.....

Anyhoo, this is what I came up with.
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 CaptainTinHouse
The font is from Star Trek. The insignia is from the original series Captain Rank. And, the ship is the original Enterprise. I gave it the illusion that it's flying at warp speed...........
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Ed, that's awesome! What a beautiful job you did!
Your paint program skills continue to improve and impress!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 846508

PS You may recall I am a sci-fi fan, long time Trekkie fan, too. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 21650
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Nice job, Ed! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 42344
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:28 am

reserved

Last edited by SIMply Edward on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 am

AdriannaSimmie wrote:
I put all of my rugs in one collection folder, kitchen clutter in another, so on and so on.
Now I have everything at my fingertips and I don't have to go through my hundreds of misc. decorative pics.

Oh, I do that too! It makes a world of difference!

I've also created a collection of themed stuff.....laundry room items, bathroom, kitchen clutter, sports, toys, female and male clutter and a special folder with the dozen or so, must-have-items on every lot: like the Maxis medicine cabinet, palladin's weather controller, merola's painting and TJ's Simblender. It saves so much time! I hardly ever use the Maxis menus now.
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Oooo... the gardens are so pretty, what a bunch of small wonderful shiny objects, great you started this tread, we need all ideas we can get, nice pictures too! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 646549 hope you come back soon CLC Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 584675
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:09 pm

I would like to learn more about Mystic Rain's collection icons.
I like your idea of categorizing some items as "clutter", etc., and am always looking for new ways to make my downloads easier to locate in the game catalogs. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 12612

I just tried to stop over at BPS and it appears their site is still down.
Everything is okay? They are just moving to a different server?
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:30 pm

I made my own custom collection icons. Just save bmp files you want to use for your icons in C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections\Icons.

The picture files should be 25 pixels x 25 pixels (though I have some that are 28 x 22). This is VERY tiny, so choose your icon carefully because when reduced in size you will end up with a blur.

Once you go into the collections folder and use the plus (+) sign to add/create a new collection your custom icon will show up as one of the options you can use.

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Can it be that easy to get more organized in our buy/build catalogs, Toni?

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 692371

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. This is perfectly doable.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 122582

PS Do they look like little folders? I just checked my Collections folder and there is no Icons one inside.
I am assuming I must create one and put all of my little bmp icon images inside of it? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 85797
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Sugah wrote:

PS Do they look like little folders? I just checked my Collections folder and there is no Icons one inside.
I am assuming I must create one and put all of my little bmp icon images inside of it? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 85797

That's what I did...but in the interest of covering my rather ample heinie, I'm going to recommend that you back up your neighbourhood before you do anything. Pleeeease!

Now go out there and explore the wacky world of sim-manipulation! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 774807
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 am

Did you want me to change the Captain's name to something else?!!?
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:29 am

Your gardens are beautiful, clc. Like Sugah, I really loved those hanging flowers. Very pretty. I look forward to seeing more of your game shots here.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 21650
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Quote :
I'm going to recommend that you back up your neighbourhood before you do anything.

Good advice, Toni, and thank you, again. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 940149

~*~

PS For those of you who are interested in the 38 Collection Icons of Mystic Rain's (over at BPS) that Jen was telling us about...
You can download the set HERE.
They are VERY cool, Jen.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 3547075637

Last edited by Sugah on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 pm

That really is great advice, Toni! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 881668
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Jen and Toni, I couldn't help but noticed that Mystic Rain's collection icons are often 2x or 3x bigger than the 25 x 25 pixel size Toni recommended.
Also, Mystic's are jpgs and not bmps.

Will any of this make a difference if I use them for my collection icons, rather than create my own at this time? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 62525
Back to top Go down
clc

clc

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Oh wow 3 comments already! Thank you so much!

Sugah, that should be no problems I will most likly update when I bring my updates around, so once a week to once a fortnight Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 12612

That said Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 3547075637 comments very much appricated I'm so glad you like my little gardens, I created 3 more but the pictures didn't come out so well, I may show those next time. I have no idea where I found the hanging flowers sadly I got them ages ago and theres no name on them or anything No

Thank you so much soloaris, I'm glad you like my little gardens, I'm a clutteroholic as you can most likly tell from these pics Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 85797

Thanks elle! Great to see the flowers are a hit!

I promise to bring you more of whats going on in my game soon Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 12612

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 648375
Back to top Go down
http://sparta.medialayer.net/~inspiring/forums/index.php
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Sugah wrote:
Jen and Toni, I couldn't help but noticed that Mystic Rain's collection icons are often 2x or 3x bigger than the 25 x 25 pixel size Toni recommended.

Will any of this make a difference if I use them for my collection icons, rather than create my own at this time? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 62525

Mine are bmps...and 28x22. For the life of me I can't find the original tute that told me how to create my own icons...there is one somewhere on TSR, but it definitely said use bmps, and I'm here looking in my icons folder, and mine are definitely bmps.
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Sugah wrote:
Quote :

I haven't had any trouble out of them.

They work perfectly fine for me :)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:12 pm

I just tried Mystic Rain's collection icons out, ladies.
They work perfectly.
I have already started "clutter", "rugs" and "cushions & blankies" collections.
I'll be doing indoor plants, outdoor plants and a whole lot more eventually.
This is going to make decorating so much more easy! WOOHOO!!!
I love being organized. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 687310
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:31 am

Yay!!! I am so glad it worked for you :)

I would still like to make my own icons like Toni suggested...maybe I will get brave and try it one day.

It does make all the difference in the world when you can have everything right at your finger tips. Now if there were only someway to organize all of the hair, makeup, clothes and skintones.
That would really help me :)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:17 am

Thank you, m'lady. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 319331

Yes, I may inevitably create my own collection icons, too. I do like the idea.
But with so many coals in the fire these days, I thought it best not to embark on a new project at this time. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 25929

What have you been working on lately, Jen?
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 am

I hear ya!!

Ummm....let's see. I have been trying to finish up my shabby chic beach cottage and I am starting on another little project too.

I will post some new piccies soon!

I have been working on creating a couple of new models. I have finished my Sims Beauty from Around the World and just need to edit her photos.

I want to get my shots of the shabby chic cottage finished and edited so that I can post them soon as I won't be home most of next week for the holidays
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:30 pm

You are welcome Clc, I like a lot of small objects too, evry were, the problem is to get it to look like someone just true it, or put it down there... sometimes its bad that the game works after squares, when the objects have to be placed exactly where it is predictable, and not like in real life! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 85797
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Looking forward to see them Adrianna! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 319331
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Here's a little project I like to call

Jen's first attempt at a modern house.....I am still working on the living room, dining room and art studio.
I am sure you know I am a huge fan of shabby chic/cottage homes but this time I decided to
venture out of my comfort zone and go for something new...

I apologize for the picture spam...

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 FrontShot
Front of House

This is a zen garden...well sort of. I built the house around this tree and then used glass fencing around it.
I also used glass tiles on some of the rooms for the appearance of a glass roof...
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 ZenGarden
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 BackofHouse
Back of house
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Livingroom1
Living Room
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Bedroom1
Bedroom
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Bedroom3
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Bedroom2
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Bathroom
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Bathroom2
Bathroom
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Diningroom
Dining room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2 - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 2
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next