Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Cher Shares

Go down 
+9
mac
autumnelle
Grykon
Ullwera
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
Caleb_71
twerplina
Sugah
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Cher Shares - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:50 am

Quote :
Cher wrote:
One of my favorite things, and one that doesn't seem to work out very often, is having my Sims sit down to a meal together.
Em wrote:
Me too! I find myself snapping a photo whenever I catch that happening, because it doesn't happen nearly as often as I'd like. It's so nice when it works out.

I agree with you both on this. I forgot to comment on it last time.
My Benedettos recently had Canadian bacon pizza for breakfast and for the first time I can recall, were all hungry & sat down to eat at the same time.
Even the ones that finished and put their plates away, returned to schmooze with the others for awhile.
I love it when that happens. Maybe I should get them to serve pizza for breakfast more often. Cher Shares - Page 6 598258

Em, your experience with the butler was a bit different from Cher's, wasn't it?
Her butler was so hellbent on preparing food during his serving lulls, that she had to turn the 'fridge around so he couldn't get in!  laughin
How big/busy was the household you hired the butler for, just out of curiosity, Em?
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Sugah wrote:
What a neat calender by Phaenoh! She did a great job, didn't she?
I like the images she used

The calendars are great. I have 2012 through 2015. I'll give them the calendars by generation. This first one has the 2012 calendars. I thought the holidays were a neat idea, too, though I often don't celebrate them. I need to stop rushing! Cher Shares - Page 6 971462

Quote :
Does he call for groceries & the exterminator, the police or fire department as needed without being prompted?

He does. He's really great for large households. I think Em is right about what he costs -- 20 or 25 simoleans per hour, and he's there for 13 hours a day, no matter what. That's why he's so expensive. The maid and the gardener leave when they're done (and the gardener doesn't even come every day unless you use a mod to change that), and the nanny is only there during the hours your Sim works. He'll also clean fish tanks, if you have one of those.  laughin  

Quote :
Your Pierre never got his priorities straight until too late, did he?
How sad that he ended up being a sad old man, strumming his six-string, reliving his glory days.

He truly did seem sad. I think that's why I remember him so clearly.

Em wrote:
Is it just me or do Nanny Lettie and the repairman seem like they would make a cute couple?

Hmmmm. Maybe I'll have to make Nanny Lettie playable a couple of times and see what happens.

Quote :
I guess it would have been better for the project had I made them mostly family sims.

That was my original plan, and you see what happened to that!

Quote :
I didn't realize it made bold colors like the walls you're using reflect their color so much.

I didn't either, until I had such deeply colored walls. laughin

Sugah, I loved that picture of the Benedettos all together at the table. I do the same thing as you and Em, I snap a picture of it every time I can.

Quote :
How big/busy was the household you hired the butler for, just out of curiosity, Em?

I'm curious about that, too. The St. John household I had him in was 8 people, plus a nearly constant flow of visitors.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:41 am

Quote :
I need to stop rushing!

I hear ya! You and me both, m'lady!
I found myself doing it, again, with the Haevens last night.  Cher Shares - Page 6 657259
I wonder if the ability to slow down & just enjoy playing has something to do with whether we feel great affection for a particular family or not? Cher Shares - Page 6 553217

This butler (@ 25 simoleons daily for 13 hrs per day) sounds like a real gem, especially if you have a big, busy (& rich Cher Shares - Page 6 598258 ) family.
I can't believe all the things he does autonomously! WOW! Cher Shares - Page 6 21650

Quote :
Sugah, I loved that picture of the Benedettos all together at the table. I do the same thing as you and Em, I snap a picture of it every time I can.

It's one of those endearing little moments (of many) that makes this game we love so special, isn't it?  I love you
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 6:27 am

A few of my households in my Offspring Project hood rolled the want to hire him. In most households I ended up ending his service right away because he didn't seem to have much to do. These were households of 3-5 sims. He is very helpful when there's a baby or toddler in the house. Maybe a little too helpful. In one household he carried the baby around so much, I was afraid he was stuck. laughin I tend to dismiss nannies as soon as someone else is home (unless the family members are behind on their needs) because I'd rather the parents take care of the little ones and build up a relationship with them. I guess the butler would be good for just taking care of their needs, then the parents can focus on the toddler's training if you're into that kind of thing. Cher Shares - Page 6 422794
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 9:28 am

Cher Love your story line of Lenny Lilura, Astraea and Zara.
Cher wrote:
She immediately hired Butler Marco Tsang.
Hehe, Marco is so handsome. My families usually get the elder butlers laughin I also hire the butler for certain families wheter they roll the want or not-he can be a wonderful addition. If he starts standing around wihen there is work to do, I have a household member give him a "tip" and he's back to work!
Em wrote:
He is very helpful when there's a baby or toddler in the house. Maybe a little too helpful.
I find that they are too sometimes!!

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Em wrote:
A few of my households in my Offspring Project hood rolled the want to hire him.

I've got to pay closer attention to that with some of my bigger, busier families.
I've never even noticed if the "hire a butler" want has even come up!?! Cher Shares - Page 6 100574

Em wrote:
In one household he carried the baby around so much, I was afraid he was stuck.

laughin ... Now THAT'S attentive!

Em wrote:
I tend to dismiss nannies as soon as someone else is home (unless the family members are behind on their needs) because I'd rather the parents take care of the little ones and build up a relationship with them.

Me, too, Em. Cher Shares - Page 6 637989

Cher wrote:
She immediately hired Butler Marco Tsang.
Sandy wrote:
Hehe, Marco is so handsome.

Hmmm... Perhaps I need to check this Butler Marco servant out. girlwinkin

Sandy wrote:
If he starts standing around wihen there is work to do, I have a household member give him a "tip" and he's back to work!

Good to know, Sandy. Do you find this to work every time or just on occasion?

Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 12:52 am

Sugah wrote:
Good to know, Sandy. Do you find this to work every time or just on occasion?

It works everytime Sugah.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:04 am

Excellent, Sandy!
So, just slip the hired help a little extra cash and he's back on the job again?!?
Like the $25 Simoleons an hours for 13 hours a day isn't near enough green stuff, right? Cher Shares - Page 6 598258

Incidently, I played for quite awhile yesterday (only two families) and didn't see the "hire a butler" want roll up.
I wonder ... do certain aspirations roll it up more than others (eg Fortune Sims)?
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:34 am

Sugah wrote:
I've never even noticed if the "hire a butler" want has even come up!?! Cher Shares - Page 6 100574

I've noticed the want appearing now and then, but never tried to satisfy it. Probably with fortune sims, and probably (as in RL) it doesn't hurt to be rolling in simoleans.  Cher Shares - Page 6 134529
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Avett and Malika Price remain devoted to their jobs and to expanding their family. If you recall, Malika got pregnant the day after Elijah was born.

Elijah grew into a toddler

Cher Shares - Page 6 Elijah%20as%20Toddler

and then a child.

Cher Shares - Page 6 Elijah%20as%20Child

Baby Gail was born, and Nanny Lettie was thrilled. Malika tried three times in the next day and a half to get pregnant! It took her several days this time, though.

Cher Shares - Page 6 Nanny%20Lettie%20is%20Thrilled

Both kids were toddlers at the same time for a while, and it was about as chaotic as having twins. In fact, Malika almost burned the house down one night. I'm glad she didn't get pregnant again right away. Once she did get pregnant, which was before Elijah became a child, she kept Nanny Lettie around even when she was home.

Cher Shares - Page 6 Kitchen%20Fire

Gail grew into a toddler; you can see her picture in my Offspring thread. sunny

At one point, Malika lost all their money (actually, she lost more than they had, but TS2 doesn't penalize you for that) in bad investments. so the Price family must remain in their overcrowded little house for now. She is a Junior Executive. Avett has been rising steadily and is now a member of Sugah's Pleasantview City Council.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh, Elijah is darling (both as a toddler & child), Cher! I love his coloring.
And just look at that smile & those sparkling brown eyes! He is a cutie!!! I love you

Welcome Gail! Cher Shares - Page 6 366915

Quote :
Both kids were toddlers at the same time for a while, and it was about as chaotic as having twins.
In fact, Malika almost burned the house down one night.

affraid

Egads! I am glad no one was hurt!

Quote :
Malika lost all their money (actually, she lost more than they had, but TS2 doesn't penalize you for that) in bad investments. so the Price family must remain in their overcrowded little house for now.

Oh, bummer! Was that due to a Chance card? I always ignore those.
I've only had my Fortune Sims earn money when doing financial consulting online.

Headed over to see Gail as a toddler...

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 7:49 pm

I didn't know there were elder butlers. The butler my sims get always reminds me of my sim Lawrence (pictured on the left in my sig). Marco is a very cute butler. I'll have to have my sims tip their butler and see if that spurs him to find more work to do. I might need to try it with Nanny April as well and see if that encourages her to take on more housekeeping duties. My sims can never seem to catch her to tip her before she leaves though. laughin

I don't know what triggers the want. It seems to pop up randomly with some of my sims, just like the "hire a maid" want. I believe the icons for those two wants are even the same.

Poor Malika. It sounds like it was just not her day (or days)! A couple of my sims lost all of their money to bad chance cards as I was playing. I've never had them lose that much on investments though. Yikes.

Sugah, the investments are a perk that wealth sims can get from aspiration points. When it's activated, every afternoon a pop-up comes up telling you how much they gained or lost that day from their investments.

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:10 pm

The only other butler I've ever hired was an elderly man. Em, I think you're right about the icon being the same, because I've been surprised on occasion to see that the want was for a butler instead of a nanny.

Em wrote:
I've never had them lose that much on investments though.

It wasn't really that much; Avett and Malika just didn't have much at the time. I think it was only 200 or so simoleans that they lost, but I'd just bought furniture and so they only had about 100 simoleans. Some of my Sims live close to the edge. laughin

Sugah, the investment thing is just what Em said, a perk from a point spent in the Fortune section. I do play the chance cards, though. If it seems clear from the Sim's personality, I'll choose an answer accordingly. Otherwise, I roll a die to decide randomly. For example, Lenny is easy because he'll always be true to what he considers the best music and talent, but you've seen what it's done to his career. Cher Shares - Page 6 971462
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Em wrote:
The butler my sims get always reminds me of my sim Lawrence (pictured on the left in my sig).

Lawrence (Arrendale)! I remember him! Cher Shares - Page 6 21650

Em wrote:
Marco is a very cute butler.

You gals have me curious about this handsome butler Marco.
If anyone has an opportunity to snap a picture of him in game, I'd love to see it. Cher Shares - Page 6 584675

Em wrote:
Sugah, the investments are a perk that wealth sims can get from aspiration points. When it's activated, every afternoon a pop-up comes up telling you how much they gained or lost that day from their investments.
Cher wrote:
Sugah, the investment thing is just what Em said, a perk from a point spent in the Fortune section.

Oh, yes! I have seen that pop up sometimes.
I didn't know they could lose everything though! Holy Simoleons! affraid

Cher wrote:
Lenny is easy because he'll always be true to what he considers the best music and talent, but you've seen what it's done to his career. Cher Shares - Page 6 971462

Hahaha!
Well, at least he continues to put the integrity of his music first, Cher, even though it may not be the best decision for his career success. laughin

Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Sugah wrote:
If anyone has an opportunity to snap a picture of him in game, I'd love to see it.

He's on page 9 of Cher Shares Cher Shares - Page 6 774807 I love you
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Oh, duh!!! Cher Shares - Page 6 657259
I saw him and read what Cher wrote back then, but it didn't register, Sandy. Cher Shares - Page 6 85797
He IS a handsome fella. Thank you for pointing him out to me, Lady S. Cher Shares - Page 6 319331
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Sugah, no problem. Cher Shares - Page 6 665781
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Hmmm thinkin\' Just why haven't I gotten a butler for the Ottomas family? Cher Shares - Page 6 553217   Take some of the burden off grandma! Cher Shares - Page 6 827319
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:52 am

Sugah, you might not remember, but I use default replacement face templates, skins, hair, and eyes in my game. You may or may not get as handsome a butler as Marco. laughin

Winter has set in and Sugah's Pleasantview is covered in snow. It hardly seems fair, but Winter's Day is a school holiday for the kids, not the teachers. Alyssa had to spend the day at work. Lilura stopped by. She watched The Yummy Channel for a while, and then felt the need to share her newfound knowledge with Nick. He seems interested.
Cher Shares - Page 6 Liluras%20Recipe

Later, they went outside so Nick could build a snowman. Nice topic, Lilura. Young Nicky is standing right there.
Cher Shares - Page 6 Inappropriate%20Topic

"Bored now," says Lilura.
Cher Shares - Page 6 Destruction

Alyssa is not impressed.
Cher Shares - Page 6 Evil%20Look

I mostly leave the decision to try for babies up to the Sims and ACR. Jonah and Alyssa love each other, but their attraction is not as strong as it could be. I had decided they probably weren't going to have any more children (it's understandable why Alyssa would be reluctant in her situation) and I wasn't going to push it. It turns out she was pregnant already from the last rotation but hadn't started showing yet. On Lover's day, Jonah proposed and Alyssa happily accepted. Maybe she will reach that Golden Anniversary one day. As Alyssa gets bigger, her little family has a chance to sit down together for a meal (you know how I love those pictures).

Cher Shares - Page 6 Sumo
Very funny. She's not that big.

Jonah has found work as a Freelance Web Designer, Alyssa has been promoted to High School Teacher, and Nick brought home his first A+ report card. Jonah and Nick high five each other.
Cher Shares - Page 6 High%20Five

With the additional income, Alyssa added a little outdoor eating/grilling area, and a soccer net for Nick. Jonah invited the Lorrins over for a weekend barbecue. Patrick was at work, but Kelly and Marshall came over. I'm not sure who is taking care of baby Forest. Cher Shares - Page 6 62525
Cher Shares - Page 6 Backyard%20Improvements

Nice shot, Jonah.
Cher Shares - Page 6 Nice%20Shot%20Jonah

Patrick got home and found Alyssa looking at him through the telescope, so he stomped over and yelled at her. She tried to apologize and explain that she was just trying to see Forest, not spy on Patrick, but he wasn't in a forgiving mood.
Cher Shares - Page 6 Patrick%20Mad

On a trip to the grocery store, Alyssa spotted Patrick and Kelly leaving the photo booth. From the way it was rockin', she was pretty sure there was more than just photography going on. Cher Shares - Page 6 774807
Cher Shares - Page 6 Friends%20at%20the%20Photobooth

Alyssa gave birth to a sweet little girl named Julia. Sugah's Pleasantview's second generation now has four boys and three girls. Cher Shares - Page 6 74257 I already have a ton of pictures here, so I put Julia's picture in my Offspring thread. This rotation took Alyssa's family up to the first day of summer. Since Nick's grades are perfect, he doesn't have to go to summer school. He can spend the time working on his skills and friendships. Cher Shares - Page 6 940149
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptySun May 24, 2015 11:01 am

Cher wrote:
...but I use default replacement face templates, skins, hair, and eyes in my game. You may or may not get as handsome a butler as Marco.

Oh, that's right. I hadn't thought of that, Cher. Thanks for the heads up. Cher Shares - Page 6 584675

Quote :
...they went outside so Nick could build a snowman. Nice topic, Lilura. Young Nicky is standing right there...
...Very funny. She's not that big...
...I'm not sure who is taking care of baby Forest...
...From the way it was rockin', she was pretty sure there was more than just photography going on.  

Cher Shares - Page 6 363286 Hahaha! Love it! Too funny!

That is one cool ensemble you've put on Lilura. It truly suits her. Cher Shares - Page 6 687310

Quote :
On Lover's day, Jonah proposed and Alyssa happily accepted. Maybe she will reach that Golden Anniversary one day...
Jonah has found work as a Freelance Web Designer.

There's hope. bluwhew!

I wanted to ask you... How does a couple reach their Golden Anniversary in game anyway?
That's a Lifetime Want for a few of my Sims, too. I don't recall ever seeing it happen... Cher Shares - Page 6 553217

Quote :
Sugah's Pleasantview's second generation now has four boys and three girls.

Excellent! Things are really starting to even out in your 'hood with this project, Cher.
Good deal! Cher Shares - Page 6 21650

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptySun May 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Sugah wrote:
That is one cool ensemble you've put on Lilura. It truly suits her.

Thanks. I've been waiting for a Sim to come along who could pull off that look. Since I play with Seasons, I like to change my Sims' clothes when the season changes. This is a nice Autumn/Winter look for Lilura, though those boots don't look like they're much help in the snow. laughin If anyone wants it, it's Helga 14.

Quote :
I wanted to ask you... How does a couple reach their Golden Anniversary in game anyway?

I'd like to know that myself. I was counting on a visit from the Gypsy to make it irrelevant, but that doesn't seem to be happening. No I also can't see any way that would happen before she's raised her family, so it will be hard to keep her in platinum enough to use the Smart Milk.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 11:14 am

Quote :
It hardly seems fair, but Winter's Day is a school holiday for the kids, not the teachers.

laughin I had a similar thought while playing recently. Raymie's kids got a snow day and got to stay home from school, but she still had to go to work even though her job was a high school teacher.

The scene in the snow made me laugh. I love it when the sims' speech bubbles can be interpreted in a story. Cher Shares - Page 6 12612

Your photo booth sounds like the ones in my game. They are very rarely used for picture taking. Cher Shares - Page 6 683951

I'm glad to hear that the gender balance in your game seems to be evening out. Cher Shares - Page 6 940149

Quote :

I believe the couple has to be married as adults and still be married as elders, then they have to throw an anniversary party. Once they're elders, an option will come up on the phone to throw an anniversary party. As soon as the party begins the achievement will be fulfilled. I'm not sure if it would work for sims who get married after they become elderly or not.

Quote :
those boots don't look like they're much help in the snow. laughin

laughin
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Cher wrote:
...though those boots don't look like they're much help in the snow.

Haha! No kidding!
In the big debate between style & sensibility, it's obvious where Lilura's fashion priorities are. Cher Shares - Page 6 598258

Em wrote:
I believe the couple has to be married as adults and still be married as elders, then they have to throw an anniversary party. Once they're elders, an option will come up on the phone to throw an anniversary party. As soon as the party begins the achievement will be fulfilled. I'm not sure if it would work for sims who get married after they become elderly or not.

Oh, this is interesting, Em. I didn't even know there was an option on the phone to throw an anniversary party.
How neat is this? And so achievable! Thank you for answering this question for Cher and me. Cher Shares - Page 6 344738
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:55 pm

The golden anniversary want is one of the easier ones to achieve, but unfortunately it can't be done until the sim reaches their elder years. I think that LTW was either the first or second one I fulfilled in the game ever. It was a tie. One of my sims aged into an elder and threw the anniversary party on the same day her brother, who lived in the same household, got promoted to Chief of Staff.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 8:57 am

Em wrote:
... it can't be done until the sim reaches their elder years.

Cher Shares - Page 6 21650

Well, I definitely intend on letting the Sims age into their golden years in Tres Lagos...
Especially since I want them to look & act like grandparents when their kids start having kids.
I still plan on building a retirement community with one story patio (zero lot) homes for my senior Sims, once they all become elders...
Then, I shall always use the aging_off cheat on that lot & they can all live happily ever after forever. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cher Shares   Cher Shares - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cher Shares
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next