Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Cher's Offspring Project Families

Go down 
+8
MaAlet
Nonni
Sugah
mac
SimEm
autumnelle
Grykon
twerplina
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Yaaaaay! It's a girl!!!  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 790471
I was just saying in your Cher Shares thread, it was a matter of time before things started to balance out with the whole boys versus girls population situation, Cher!

Welcome Astraea!
(Astraea is a Greek name meaning "star-maiden." In mythology, this is the name of a daughter of Zeus. She was a goddess of justice, and the last of the deities to forsake the Earth.
Thank you, 20000 Names.com!  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 97206 )
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Sugah wrote:
Something in the water there! Too funny! laughin
So far, I have four girls & two boys, Cher.

Sometimes the game tends to go in streaks when it comes to baby genders which is kind of annoying when you're hoping to pair them up later down the line.  I'm glad you finally got a girl!  Hopefully things will start to even out soon.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:05 am

dancintrio Yay! I'm glad they had a girl!! And she is so pretty too!!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:06 am

Em wrote:
Sometimes the game tends to go in streaks when it comes to baby genders...

I didn't know that, Em. Interesting!
I posted this in my Sugah's Game Antics thread, but here's hoping both you and Cher are blessed with a few more girls in your hood (to help even things out between the genders)...
And old Sugah gets a few more of the male persuasion. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 266736

Last edited by Sugah on Sun May 17, 2015 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Em wrote:
Sometimes the game tends to go in streaks when it comes to baby genders

It certainly did with this game! I think I've had it where it goes back and forth -- a couple more boys than girls, then a couple more girls than boys. I just don't think I've ever seen it quite this lopsided.

Sugah, I knew Astraea was a goddess-type name and thought it might be perfect for the child of Lenny and Lilura! Thank you for sharing the meaning of it.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Cher wrote:
Thank you for sharing the meaning of it.

You are welcome and it certainly suits the offspring of Lenny and Lilura. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 687310
(PS I love 20000 Names.com and use it a LOT! Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 12612 )
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:36 am

This thread is just exploding with beautiful babies! They have all turned so cute so far.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Em wrote:
Sometimes the game tends to go in streaks when it comes to baby genders...
Sugah wrote:
I didn't know that, Em. Interesting!

I didn't mean to imply that it was a feature or even a glitch.  I'm sure it's just probability and random chance that sometimes causes many of one gender to be born and not the other.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Elle's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Toni's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are going well and expanding their family.

During this rotation, baby Elijah, a Virgo, 10-5-10-3-7 (I wonder if he'll make everyone's beds? laughin ) grew into a toddler, and then a child.

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Elijah%20and%20Malika

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Elijah%20as%20Child

Baby Gail, Pisces, 7-1-9-3-8, was born and grew into a toddler.

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Gail%20as%20Baby

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Gail%20as%20Toddler

Both kids really take after Malika, with her eyes, hair, and skin.

Elijah seemed like a fairly serious toddler. He seems a bit less serious as a child. As a toddler, Gail looks she might be one of those inquisitive kids who loves to learn new things.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Cher wrote:
(I wonder if he'll make everyone's beds? laughin )

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 363286 ... I'd put money on it, Cher!!! I doubt the family will need a maid from now on with tidy Eli in the house! Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 940149

My goodness he is just adorable! Those eyes! That smile! And great skin tone!
And Gail is darling, too! Such precious little ones.  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 508493

Congrats to Avett & Malika! Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 981739

Btw, are you randomizing in CAS before the offspring are born, Cher?

Last edited by Sugah on Thu May 21, 2015 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:14 pm

Cher wrote:
Both kids really take after Malika, with her eyes, hair, and skin.
Yes I agree here! Both kids will be handsome and beautiful as they age! Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 74257
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 8:13 pm

Elijah and Gail are really cute! I like the long hair on Gail. I don't see that too often on toddlers.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:01 pm

Sugah, I use MATY's batbox to re-randomize. It doesn't look like it with Malika and Avett's children, does it? I'm not even sure yet that there's much difference between Patrick and Kelly's children.

Em, I use a lot of default replacements and that hair may be one. It is a nice change to see long hair on a girl toddler.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 10:27 am

Oh they're both gorgeous children!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 11:42 am

I poked around in SimPE last night looking at Sim DNA. I'm not sure what all parts are randomized when a Sim is born. It looks like mostly my Sim offspring inherit the same eyes, hair, and skin. The particular ones they've inherited are what I'd think are dominant based on real genetics. Alyssa and Jonah have very similar eyes and skin, but Alyssa's brown hair is dominant. The Sim DNA also indicates features (such as nose, chin, jaw, brow, eyes, etc.), and those are different for each Sim and for each offspring. Each Sim has from one to four of those features listed. There's no indication of what that really means. Does it mean those will be the most dominant or exaggerated features? There's no indication of which parent the features are taken from.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Cher wrote:
Sugah, I use MATY's batbox to re-randomize. It doesn't look like it with Malika and Avett's children, does it?

No, not too terribly much, but they are both adorable even so. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 940149

About Sims' DNA...
I think Em did some research on this subject awhile back.
I know it's always been of interest to her.

I found THIS article and THIS one on Sims' genetics explained.
I'm runnin' on only 5 hours sleep after a full day out with my oldest, so I am not going to try and read them right now Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 85797 , but they might be worth a look, Cher.  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 553217
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 11:49 am

Sugah, thanks for the links. I'll look at those when I'm done here and in between the expected thunderstorms.  Rolling Eyes

On Lover's Day, Jonah bought a little cake and finally proposed to Alyssa.
It seems apparent why.  laughin  She happily accepted.

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Engaged

A day later, she gave birth to Julia. Another girl for Sugah's Pleasantview!

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Julia

Julia looks a lot like Nick, but then Alyssa and Jonah look a lot alike.
I'll probably have to look at them in SimPE in order to see whose skin and eyes they inherited.
Since the hair is binned, and this first generation of Sims has no recessives, I'm going to guess Julia's hair will be brown.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Yay! They make such a cute couple! I can't wait to watch their family grow!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 7:19 am

Cher wrote:
...and in between the expected thunderstorms.

We've been getting a LOT of those, too, Cher. It's been crazy wet these last 6-7 months here. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 690717

Cher wrote:
Julia looks a lot like Nick, but then Alyssa and Jonah look a lot alike.

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 357604 They resemble each other enough to be siblings.  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 12612
Congrats to the couple on their long overdue engagement!  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 790471

Yaaay! Another girl! Are things balancing out in (Sugah's) Pleasantview a bit more now, Cher?
(Never mind. I just visited your [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thread and learned the offspring are balancing out quite nicely these day!!!  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 21650 )

Thank you for downloading my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bedroom, btw.
Seeing my stuff in your game is such a thrill for me, as you know, and I truly appreciate your support.  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 319331
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 11:04 am

I know how the eye/hair/skin color genetic work. The article Sugah linked to explains it well. I never knew much about how facial structure was inherited in the sims. I seem to remember reading that gender might have something to do with how certain facial features are passed on, but I'm not sure. I've never looked at the code in simPE, beyond using it to change default eye colors to custom ones before I discovered default replacements.

It's about time Jonah! laughin Yay for baby Julia!

Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Sugah wrote:
We've been getting a LOT of those, too, Cher.

Yes, you keep sending them my way when you're done with them. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 971462 laughin

Quote :
Seeing my stuff in your game is such a thrill for me, as you know, and I truly appreciate your support.

I thought it would be fun to use a lot of Sugah's Place CC for my décor, and it is. I get a kick out of seeing it in my game. After all, it is Sugah's Pleasantview. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 12612 I haven't worried about whether or not Alyssa's décor is too girly for Jonah because, until recently, he wasn't doing much to contribute to the family's bank account. I don't know whether he's as a secure a man as Mr. Benoit, but he hasn't complained about it yet. He just wants more stuff.

Em, I read the articles in the link last night. If I understand it right: Everything we're using is custom content, therefore it's equally dominant (except for binned hair). The first generation has no recessives, so there's a 50/50 chance of skin and eye color coming from either parent. The hair (so far) is binned, so it will follow the general rule of black and brown being dominant over blonde and red. All of Jonah and Alyssa's children will have brown hair, but may have a recessive gene for red (which means I need to get some more redheads in my game!). If the hair is not binned and is in the Custom section, it will be dominant (that one specific hair will be what's inherited). The game randomly (?) assigns dominant facial features to the first generation sims, and the combination of genes inherited will determine which features are dominant and recessive with the offspring.

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 11:31 am

Quote :
I haven't worried about whether or not Alyssa's décor is too girly for Jonah because, until recently, he wasn't doing much to contribute to the family's bank account. I don't know whether he's as a secure a man as Mr. Benoit, but he hasn't complained about it yet. He just wants more stuff.

laughin Sounds fair to me that since it's her money, she gets to decide. He doesn't strike me as one who would have strong opinions on the matter one way or another, as long as his needs are met and he's not paying the bill.

Sounds like you have the genetics right to me. Except that all of Alyssa and Jonah's kids will carry the recessive gene for red hair, so if they marry someone with red or blonde hair (or who has a recessive gene for red or blonde) there's a chance that they might have red haired children. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 940149
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Cher wrote:
Yes, you keep sending them my way when you're done with them.

I swear it hasn't been me, Cher. Honest! laughin
We had yet another thunderstorm this afternoon.  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 690717

Quote :
I thought it would be fun to use a lot of Sugah's Place CC for my décor, and it is. I get a kick out of seeing it in my game. After all, it is Sugah's Pleasantview.

Awwww ... Thank you. You've made my week, Lady C.  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 338947

Cher wrote:
I haven't worried about whether or not Alyssa's décor is too girly for Jonah because, until recently, he wasn't doing much to contribute to the family's bank account.
Em wrote:
Sounds fair to me that since it's her money, she gets to decide. He doesn't strike me as one who would have strong opinions on the matter one way or another, as long as his needs are met and he's not paying the bill.

Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 637989  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 357604

Right on, ladies!!!  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 344738

Cher wrote:
I don't know whether he's as a secure a man as Mr. Benoit...

I think you meant Mr Benedetto (Hall of Famer; Excellent husband & father of 3 teen daughters, 1 alien son with no fear of pink.  Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 598258 )
And that's highly doubtful, Cher. They broke the mold with Anthony, let me tell ya.  girlwinkin

I like the way you explained what you read in those Sims DNA articles, btw. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 243713
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 12:26 pm

Sugah, I think of you every time I see more rain and flooding in Texas. I hope you're well away from that kind of mess.

Quote :
I think you meant Mr Benedetto (Hall of Famer; Excellent husband & father of 3 teen daughters, 1 alien son with no fear of pink. )
And that's highly doubtful, Cher. They broke the mold with Anthony, let me tell ya.

Want to hear something funny? Sunday night, Randy got called out to a dumpster fire at 1, and then to a garage fire at 3:30. (How that happens with all the rain coming down, I don't know.) At 3:30 in the morning, I suddenly wondered if I had the right Mr. B. Rolling Eyes laughin

Em wrote:
He doesn't strike me as one who would have strong opinions on the matter one way or another, as long as his needs are met and he's not paying the bill.

Yeah, that sounds like Jonah, all right.

Quote :
so if they marry someone with red or blonde hair (or who has a recessive gene for red or blonde) there's a chance that they might have red haired children.

I downloaded some additional Sims yesterday, most with red or blonde hair, to ensure I will eventually see some offspring with those colors. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 940149
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Cher64 wrote:
I downloaded some additional Sims yesterday, most with red or blonde hair, to ensure I will eventually see some offspring with those colors. Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 940149

lol, Cher.  I have a tendency to lean toward darker sims (medium-dark skin and black hair).  This time around, though, I have a lot of blondies, several dark and no reds.  laughin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cher's Offspring Project Families   Cher's Offspring Project Families - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cher's Offspring Project Families
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next