Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+20
autumnelle
smaxim
Caleb_71
Aaroneous
Cher64
ilikefishfood
safariforme
Grykon
broomhilda61
mac
Sugah
sammoyke
beckylynn2109
Ullwera
debra50
Nonni
Scarlet117
LadyAngel
OkieDarling
SandySimmer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks, I saw that one and I have ACR and sim manipulator and insiminator. I was hoping for something more subtle though. With ACR, for the most part, jealousy is turned off, but I'm kind of tired of my sims not reacting at all when their love interest gets romantic with another sim, but I also don't want to go back to my sims getting furious, slapping each other, and dropping to negative relationship scores every time they catch a sim they catch a sim they're crushing on flirting with someone else. I was hoping for something in between those two extremes, but I'm thinking it probably doesn't exist.

The mod you linked to, Tim, is probably the closest I've found so far.

I might delve into the options for those mods (and ACR), LoWiSa, and see if I can find a better configuration I'm happier with.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:29 pm

You can adjust jealousy with ACR...either universally or per individual simmie. You can turn it off, or make jealous only when married or engaged, or only when in love, or for the more intense simmies, when they just have a crush. You should also be able to set the jealousy levels by aspiration, like for example, a romance simmie not being jealous at all, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 pm

I know about setting jealousy at different levels, but I guess I started to think it would be nice to have a different kind of jealousy.  Like I want them to get jealous, but not have such an extreme reaction.

I may need to fiddle around with ACR.  I've always used the default settings, which I think, in general, bases jealousy on aspiration.  (Though I do seem to have sims that act differently than I would expect . . .)  Maybe I need to make their commitment scores higher and the required relationship scores higher than they are, so that my sims will start rejecting more actions from other sims.  I like ACR for the "autonomy" part, more so than the "casual" part.

I have one group of sims caught in a double (or maybe triple now) love triangle that's going on too long without resolution.  A is romantic with B and C and B is romantic with A and D, for example, and even though they're all in love, no one seems to have a problem with it, but I'm eager for them to start settling down now.  I like that they're having multiple relationships, but I wish they weren't maintaining them all at once. laughin Yes, I'm funny about my sims . . . maybe I need to reset the relationship scores for these sims to something more neutral, set their jealousy to only when they're in love and make the required relationship points and commitment scores higher and see what happens.  This group is kind of stuck.  On the other hand, the other groups I've been playing lately don't have that same problem. I just had another sim, try for baby with another sim she barely knew, got pregnant, and then got furious when she caught him flirting with another sim shortly after.    Go figure.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Aaron might be able to make something closer to what you want...I have no idea what his work load is, but I would think this would be a popular mod if made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:25 am

Yes, if anyone around here would be able to, it would be Aaron. If he's interested and not too busy, that would be cool, but if not, it's okay, I can make do.

I think changing my ACR settings helped. I also always try to cancel the slap interaction whenever I can when my sims do get caught to try to minimize the drama.

Thanks for the input, all.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Happy to help. I'll send Aaron this way!
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:48 pm

I think I could whip something up for You SimEm, I am finishing updefault replacement clothing this week. But after that I will look in to the idea.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 am

Woohoo! Not to be confused with the Sims act... Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 99672
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: No Jealousy Komungo   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Last edited by edinfresno on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:22 pm

I have done the initial research in the mod... From what I am seeing it looks like slapping is at least part of the problem. Basically when jealousy is triggered the game does a math equation with each sim's relationship score and then from there makes the new relationship. However the way EA setup it up is that the LTR or STR relationship score has to below a certain value or lower. So like for example with STR relationship score has to at -20 or below, If the score isn't at or below that then it is set to -20. After all that is said then the game has the slapping happen, Which anther 30 or more relationship points could be lost.

So I definitely plan to raise the maximum values relationship values.

Also I had meant to say something about this earlier, I made a mod for woohoo jealousy that makes jealousy have a little more sense. The main thing I am talking about is that if sims are woohoooing that jealousy will not be triggered clear across the lot. If You are curious about the mod You can find it here.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks for looking into it, Aaron. That's really interesting information. What is involved with the math equation in the game? If you could raise the relationship score that results when a sim gets jealous, that would be great!

I think I may already have your mod that keeps sims from getting jealous when another sim is woohooing elsewhere on the lot. I know for sure I've run across it before, my sims seem to behave like I do have your mod installed.

Thanks for the suggestions, Ed. I'm not looking to end jealousy completely. I can do that with ACR and have had jealousy turned off for the most part, but I was getting frustrated with it being all or nothing and started thinking it would be nice if sims could respond a little more moderately. The pose painting looks familiar and I know I have a couple of other pose paintings by aikea-guinea, but I don't know that I have that one.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 am

Reading replies has me wondering if I missed Em's request or what...You are not looking for a mod to remove jealousy, you just want a mod that for the lot you are on allows simple things like a friend kisses a sim that is engaged or married to another sim or maybe a little 'playful flirting' that doesn't really mean anything, but don't want the other sim to freak out...am I understanding it right Em?
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:58 pm

I think everyone misread my request at first, Tim. laughin I must not have worded it well.

I guess I don't mind normal default jealousy for sims who are married or engaged, but it would be nice if sims who weren't in committed relationships (which in the game is just married or engaged or for teens, going steady) but who were in love or have a crush on another sim to have a reaction but not so extreme. Like say you have a crush on someone or are in love with them even, but you're not in an exclusive relationship with them. If you caught them flirting with someone else (or even making out with someone else) would you suddenly decide your furious with them, you hate them, and then slap them? (And continue slapping them, because now you are furious and you really dislike them) It seems to extreme to me. On the other hand, with ACR, which seems to make most of my sims have no jealousy if they're engaged or married, my sims were literally standing around taking turns smooching on their shared love interested and nobody seemed to notice or care at all. Maybe that's okay for some situations, but I was getting kind of frustrated these sims are supposedly "in love" but they don't care at all that the sim they're in love with is kissing and woohooing with their BFF right in front of them. And I hated to turn jealousy back on, because as soon as one of them caught their love interest cheating, it would turn into another disaster.

So I started thinking it would be awesome if instead of relationships dropping down to -20 and then -50 after the initial slap and everyone getting furious, it might be more reasonable if a sims STR score towards their love interest would drop somewhat but not into the negative if they caught their crush cheating. Like maybe they're disappointed and disillusioned with that other sim for being romantic with someone else, but they don't suddenly hate that other sim. And maybe if a sim caught their love interest cheating enough times, then maybe they would lose enough interest in them that they would fall out of love and could maybe move on to someone else who might be more faithful.

Maybe I read too much in my sims actions. laughin
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Okay, so I was close, but still a bit off. lol Thanks Em!
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Ahh thanks for clearing that up, I thought You meant You wanted it for all sims.

As for equation it's a pretty simple one, The only real thing with it is figuring out where some of the data comes from. Basically it finds the relationship score between the two sims(it does it for both LTR and STR) and then subtracts the severity(how jealous a jealous sim is and can be up to 50) from the relationship score, After which it checks if the relationship score is -20 or below if not it's set to -20. So as You can see things can get nasty real quick.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:29 am

If it were for all sims, that would okay. I wasn't sure if it would be possible to make it for different sims or not. Ideally, it would be great if the more committed their relationship is (ie. crush vs. love vs. engaged vs. married) the greater the relationship drop from jealousy would be and if different interactions could cause a different relationship score drop (like more for catching a love interest woohooing with someone else vs. catching them flirting). But I'm not sure how much of that is actually doable. If it ends up being a one size fits all kind of thing, that would actually work for me too.

Do you know what determines severity? I didn't realize that there were different levels of jealousy that a jealous sim could have. That's really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Detecting whether a sim has a crush, Is in love, is going steady/engaged, and is married are certainly possible to detect. So it would be possible to use it in jealousy. It might be possible to have different interactions have less or more relationship loss for jealousy, I'll have to do some further research into that before I can say for sure. 

I have only done a little bit of research in severity, But what I have seen so far it's calculated by what a jealous sim's relationship score is with the cheater. From what I have gathered the higher the relationship the higher the severity. Severity is also used to determine how a jealous sim reacts, I know if it's high enough it will cause sims to slap anther sim. In the lower severity scores I have seen sims just grumble about being cheated on or even lower just acting indifferent.
Back to top Go down
LilSister

LilSister

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 pm

I use ACR, but I also tweak the settings based on my Sims personalities. You can also make your settings global for your whole neighborhood. I believe the initial settings are defaulted - also you must make sure that you include the ACR Maxi Cheating Fix Plug In bottom of the page here:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=19.0

CJ also has a less jealousy mod here: http://cyjon.net/node/402 (I don't use it so I'm not sure of how it performs in game)
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilsisterg24/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 am

A mod that would enable more realistic, moderate (less wacko  Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 598258 ) forms of jealousy (when applicable) would be something I might even consider installing and I am not one to use many hacks or mods in game.
I like this idea, Em. Keeps the dynamics of relationships & the jealousy factor more real. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 21650

Thank you to ALL who have contributed to this thread. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 344738
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 pm

I am doing some of the work on the mod now. I have completely removed the requirement that a sim's relationship loss can't be above -20. Now I have been thinking about relationship loss for having a crush, being in love, going steady/engaged, and married. Right now I am thinking of just having a flat number for them. For crush setting it to just losing 10 relationship points, love would lose 15 relationship points, going steady/engaged would lose 30 relationship points, and married would lose 40 relationship points. Of course these numbers can be tweaked if needed. Also I have been thinking about having these numbers slightly different depending on a sim's aspiration or maybe even personality. I am also looking into if it's possible to detect whether the cheater was flirting or woohooing.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 pm

That sounds great, Aaron. I wasn't sure exactly what the numbers should be, but those sound good to me. Having the numbers vary based on aspiration and/or personality would be a nice touch too. Sounds awesome so far. Thanks so much for looking into this!

Thanks for the links and advice, LilSister. I did some adjustments to my ACR, lot-wide, at least, and it did help by making some of my sims seem more likely to turn down romantic interactions, especially when they were already in love with someone else. I'm not sure if I have that plug-in or not. I have version 2 of ACR, so I'll have to look into whether the plug-in is for the updated version or not and whether or not I have it already. I found the Less Jealousy Mod when I was searching for existing mods before I stared the thread and it sounded pretty similar to what I could already change with ACR. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:40 am

Aaron wrote:
I have completely removed the requirement that a sim's relationship loss can't be above -20. Now I have been thinking about relationship loss for having a crush, being in love, going steady/engaged, and married. Right now I am thinking of just having a flat number for them. For crush setting it to just losing 10 relationship points, love would lose 15 relationship points, going steady/engaged would lose 30 relationship points, and married would lose 40 relationship points. Of course these numbers can be tweaked if needed. Also I have been thinking about having these numbers slightly different depending on a sim's aspiration or maybe even personality. I am also looking into if it's possible to detect whether the cheater was flirting or woohooing.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 147390 Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 692371

Em wrote:
That sounds great, Aaron. I wasn't sure exactly what the numbers should be, but those sound good to me. Having the numbers vary based on aspiration and/or personality would be a nice touch too. Sounds awesome so far. Thanks so much for looking into this!

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 28795 Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 357604
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Just to let You know I am nearing completion of the mod. I am hoping to have it finished by the end of this weekend, But we'll have to see what happens.

On a interesting(but not so surprising) note... It appears the relationship points lost during cheating were bugged from the very beginning. The way it's suppose to work is that the sim that was being cheated on was suppose to lose both LTR and STR points with both cheater and the sim the cheater was with. Unfortunately it never worked that way. Basically because of the bug the sim that was cheated on would have their LTR loss doubled with the cheater, And no LTR loss happened with the sim the cheater was with. My mod will have a fix for this. I also plan to make a separate mod for this issue, for those that do not wish to use the jealousy mod.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:53 pm

I'm here shaking my head at Maxis! laughin
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Aaron's da Man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next