Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries

Go down 
+20
autumnelle
smaxim
Caleb_71
Aaroneous
Cher64
ilikefishfood
safariforme
Grykon
broomhilda61
mac
Sugah
sammoyke
beckylynn2109
Ullwera
debra50
Nonni
Scarlet117
LadyAngel
OkieDarling
SandySimmer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Grykon

Grykon

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:44 am

Oh I wasn't going to post it over there (other then a screen shot), anymore I do my work here. I was just going to offer it as a possibility. Or if they want to save out the texture(s) from Bodyshop I could always add the graphic and let them put it back together. lol That way it would be the right color and mesh with no problems. Thanks for the info though Toni! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 678648
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Oh! I get it! I understand now. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 12612
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:41 pm

I got approved so I guess this can be locked/deleted, thank you!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Good stuff! Will do!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: An addendum to burglars   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Sugah - if you can merge this with the locked burglars thread, I'd appreciate Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 367799

If you do put a "No burglars" sign on your property, be sure to remove the burglar alarm. Otherwise the following can happen: Burglar appears, sets off alarm, is removed by sign...
Then the cop comes and fines you 500 simoleans for a false alarm. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 971462

Last edited by Sugah on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged with original post per Mac's request .. Thanks, Mac! ;))
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 9:54 am

Hi, Cher! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 319331
I don't have a lot of BodyShop CC in my game currently, since I am still adding content (slowly and as needed) to my new puter. I know that Toni and Elle have a bunch of quality BodyShop CC in their games and will direct them to this query, too.

How did the skin Tim suggested work out, btw?
Thank you, Timster, for helping Cher with her quest in finnding freckled skin more like her own. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 1347917903
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:14 am

Sugah?!? *faint*
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:51 am

The Class Clown - aka Tim wrote:
Sugah?!? *faint*

HA! Verrrrry funnnnny! ... NOT! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 774807
I've only been absent a few days. Was here a good part of the day on Saturday! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 971462
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:33 pm

The first skin Tim directed me to is not bad, but I'd like to have a few more to look at as well. It's a little paler than I am, but it would be fine if I don't find a better match. Not that I don't already have a ridiculous amount of skins in my game. laughin I prefer non-Barbie skins when possible, but don't object to using a Barbie skin if it's a better match.

Sugah wrote:
I know that Toni and Elle have a bunch of quality BodyShop CC in their games and will direct them to this query, too.

I appreciate any and all suggestions!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:34 pm

Gosh there're so many out there.  Here are a few links, you cam also do a search at Garden of Shadows for 'freckles' and 'freckled' as they've got tons of gift threads where people just post their creations in the pages and pages of a thread.

Meantime, here are a few direct links (you may also want to do a search for freckled makeup...it'll only be on the face, but you may get more variation in shade):

Lilith's Honey Skin Blend

Jessi's Wearing Diamonds

Trapping's Don't Let me Sway Freckly Skin

There's a nice set in Nabila's Bodyshop content dump HERE
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks Toni. My game is already loaded, but I'll get the ones I like downloaded and hopefully get a look at them in my game tomorrow. I don't know why I never think to search GoS. I do have some things downloaded from there, but usually because I've seen the update somewhere else.  

I have so many Sims 2 sites favorited, and you're only making it worse! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 99672 I've only looked comprehensively at about half of them. Many times I just favorite it, thinking I'll look it over more carefully later. I'm never going to get caught up.

I have quite a few nice freckle make-ups, so I can do that if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 12:15 pm

I like Jessi's skins a lot, and I also found a set called Spattergroit through GoS. I'm keeping both in my game for now, and both are geneticized and townified, so I should see some freckled townies. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 12612

Thanks for the help! You all are fabulous! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 338947
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Cool, glad you found some that work for ya!
Back to top Go down
safariforme

safariforme

PostSubject: Launcher not working - Solved! Closed!   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi everyone. i haven't played with my sims2 in at least 6 months so I decided to play yesterday. to my dismay, I cant cause it says my launcher is not functional. I don't know what to do. please help.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:00 pm

These days the launcher is known to have problems, It's usually best to just bypass it.

Awhile back someone else had a similar problem here and I wrote some instructions on how to bypass the launcher, Which can be found below.
Aaroneous wrote:
Unfortunately running the game through the launcher no longer works since the server it connects to is no longer in existence. The only way around this issue is to use the game exe and not the launcher. To do that You need to change the shortcut You have for the game. Right click on the shortcut and then left click on properties, After that a new window should appear. In the window will be several tabs Your look for the one called Shortcut, The window should start on that tab. Once on the Shortcut tab look for the text Target, To the right of Target should be text similar to this "\Program Files\EA GAMES\Latest expansion or stuff pack\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe". You need to replace the text Sims2Launcher.exe with where the actual game exe is, To do that select the text Sims2Launcher.exe and replace it with Your newest Expansion stuff pack. To find which Expansion pack or Stuff pack is Your is newest game(by order of release), Usually when You play it will tell You what Your newest game is. Once You found out what Your newest game is replace the Sims2Launcher.exe text with one of the games below

Here is the list of all of the games exes
Basegame           Sims2.exe
University         Sims2EP1.exe
Nightlife          Sims2EP2.exe    
Happy Holiday      Sims2SP1.exe
Open for Business  Sims2EP3.exe
Family Fun         Sims2SP2.exe
Glamour Life       Sims2SP3.exe
Pets               Sims2EP4.exe
Seasons            Sims2EP5.exe
Celebration        Sims2SP4.exe
H&M Fashion        Sims2SP5.exe
Bon Voyage         Sims2EP6.exe
Teen Style         Sims2SP6.exe
Free Time          Sims2EP7.exe
Kitchen & Bath     Sims2SP7.exe
IKEA Home          Sims2SP8.exe
Apartment Life     Sims2EP8.exe
Mansion Garden     Sims2EP9.exe

After that press the Apply button and the press the Ok button. From now on the game should run properly.

Also just to let You know EA has dropped all support for TS2, So You won't be getting help from them. Once other thing even though they dropped support for TS2 You will still be able to install and play any game purchased though Origin.

Hopefully that helps solve Your issue.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
safariforme

safariforme

PostSubject: launcher doest work.    Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Aaroneous wrote:
These days the launcher is known to have problems, It's usually best to just bypass it.

Awhile back someone else had a similar problem here and I wrote some instructions on how to bypass the launcher, Which can be found below.
Aaroneous wrote:
Unfortunately running the game through the launcher no longer works since the server it connects to is no longer in existence. The only way around this issue is to use the game exe and not the launcher. To do that You need to change the shortcut You have for the game. Right click on the shortcut and then left click on properties, After that a new window should appear. In the window will be several tabs Your look for the one called Shortcut, The window should start on that tab. Once on the Shortcut tab look for the text Target, To the right of Target should be text similar to this "\Program Files\EA GAMES\Latest expansion or stuff pack\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe". You need to replace the text Sims2Launcher.exe with where the actual game exe is, To do that select the text Sims2Launcher.exe and replace it with Your newest Expansion stuff pack. To find which Expansion pack or Stuff pack is Your is newest game(by order of release), Usually when You play it will tell You what Your newest game is. Once You found out what Your newest game is replace the Sims2Launcher.exe text with one of the games below

Here is the list of all of the games exes
Basegame           Sims2.exe
University         Sims2EP1.exe
Nightlife          Sims2EP2.exe    
Happy Holiday      Sims2SP1.exe
Open for Business  Sims2EP3.exe
Family Fun         Sims2SP2.exe
Glamour Life       Sims2SP3.exe
Pets               Sims2EP4.exe
Seasons            Sims2EP5.exe
Celebration        Sims2SP4.exe
H&M Fashion        Sims2SP5.exe
Bon Voyage         Sims2EP6.exe
Teen Style         Sims2SP6.exe
Free Time          Sims2EP7.exe
Kitchen & Bath     Sims2SP7.exe
IKEA Home          Sims2SP8.exe
Apartment Life     Sims2EP8.exe
Mansion Garden     Sims2EP9.exe

After that press the Apply button and the press the Ok button. From now on the game should run properly.

Also just to let You know EA has dropped all support for TS2, So You won't be getting help from them. Once other thing even though they dropped support for TS2 You will still be able to install and play any game purchased though Origin.

Hopefully that helps solve Your issue.

hi aaroneious. thanks so much for the quick response. ok I found what your talking about but the target doesn't have the cprogram files etc. under target there is start in and that has the cprogram files etc. so I'm not sure which one to use. I tried it at the target one and it said the address is not a good one.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 8:15 pm

You should be using Target, You shouldn't even have to worry about Start In. For instance my game path is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Apartment Life\TSBin\Sims2EP8.exe, Which is for Apartment Life.

If You're having problems editing Your existing shortcut, You can always create new one. The easiest way to do that would be to right click on Your current shortcut and left click properties. After which click on the button that says Open File Location. That should open a new window, Which shows the directory where the Sims2Launcher.exe is located. In that same directory there should anther exe which should have one of these names

Sims2.exe
Sims2EP1.exe
Sims2EP2.exe
Sims2SP1.exe
Sims2EP3.exe
Sims2SP2.exe
Sims2SP3.exe
Sims2EP4.exe
Sims2EP5.exe
Sims2SP4.exe
Sims2SP5.exe
Sims2EP6.exe
Sims2SP6.exe
Sims2EP7.exe
Sims2SP7.exe
Sims2SP8.exe
Sims2EP8.exe
Sims2EP9.exe

Once You found the correct exe right click it and then left click on Create Shortcut. A new shortcut should appear in the same directory as the exe and be named something like this Sims2EP8.exe - Shortcut, From there You should be able to move the new shortcut to Your desktop(or where ever it is You prefer it). From there just double clicking on the new shortcut should start the game without the launcher.

Also You can rename the shortcut by right clicking and then left clicking Rename.
Back to top Go down
safariforme

safariforme

PostSubject: Launcher is now working   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Aaroneous wrote:
You should be using Target, You shouldn't even have to worry about Start In. For instance my game path is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Apartment Life\TSBin\Sims2EP8.exe, Which is for Apartment Life.

If You're having problems editing Your existing shortcut, You can always create new one. The easiest way to do that would be to right click on Your current shortcut and left click properties. After which click on the button that says Open File Location. That should open a new window, Which shows the directory where the Sims2Launcher.exe is located. In that same directory there should anther exe which should have one of these names

Sims2.exe
Sims2EP1.exe
Sims2EP2.exe    
Sims2SP1.exe
Sims2EP3.exe
Sims2SP2.exe
Sims2SP3.exe
Sims2EP4.exe
Sims2EP5.exe
Sims2SP4.exe
Sims2SP5.exe
Sims2EP6.exe
Sims2SP6.exe
Sims2EP7.exe
Sims2SP7.exe
Sims2SP8.exe
Sims2EP8.exe
Sims2EP9.exe

Once You found the correct exe right click it and then left click on Create Shortcut. A new shortcut should appear in the same directory as the exe and be named something like this Sims2EP8.exe - Shortcut, From there You should be able to move the new shortcut to Your desktop(or where ever it is You prefer it). From there just double clicking on the new shortcut should start the game without the launcher.

Also You can rename the shortcut by right clicking and then left clicking Rename.

it worked this time with what you just said with the open file location. I clicked twice on the exp. pack and my game started.
thank you so much for the great help. I appreciate it a lot. at least tomorrow i'll be able to play. bye for now and take care.
Back to top Go down
LilSister

LilSister

PostSubject: Game Configuration [Solved!]   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:22 am

Hello all, it's been a while so I hope everyone is well. Last night I accidently moved my config folder inside another folder and the game reset itself. Since I play custom neighborhoods this err on my part didn't affect my neighborhoods, but it seemed to undo some game settings. Five years ago I configured the game to stop the fading of trees and stairs in game when you get too close and for the life of me I can't remember what to change. I am also not having any luck searching on line as I also can't recall where I found the information. Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 729422  I am praying that someone will be able to tell me what to do or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your assistance. I am trying not to go bonkers and pull out all my hair...lol! Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 774807
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilsisterg24/
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:37 pm

It was probably the file userStartup.cheat, Which is allows You to activate certain cheats when the game loads. It usually has to be created manually. As for trees that are always visible, It possibly could be boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false. But far as I am aware of it's only for trees.
Back to top Go down
LilSister

LilSister

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:11 pm

It's not the user start up cheat. I had to go into the camera folder and open the note pad for the live camera and change the object fade distance to 0. This affects the trees and stairs in your game so that they never became transparent. Thank you Aaroneous I appreciate your willingness to help me. I have permanently seared this in my brain just in case I decide to move things around again Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 97206
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lilsisterg24/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries   Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived SOLVED Requests and Queries
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13