Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Oh my gosh!
This was SO COOL, Tim!
Thank you for sharing. How fun!!!

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:19 pm

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 99672 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 99672 

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 448283 
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Most welcome! It's got a whole little story going and they left it hanging...I am like, come on!!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:09 pm

thanks for sharing that Tim, really cute!!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Since this is a SIMply Schmoozin' themed topic, I am going to merge it with that thread. Will send Tim a PM so he knows where his video disappeared, too. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 584675
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:27 pm

That's a great video too Toni! Thanks for sharing it!
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Toni, I just watched your video on the link! And I truly LOL'd!! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 448283 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:16 am

Lady T wrote:
I didn't know where else to post this, but it had to be shared!
This was the perfect place to share the Sims video, Toni.
Please forgive my delay in responding.
Too funny! Greatness!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 683951 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 461171 
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Oh my...check it!  

It almost makes me think of getting it...*faint*
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 pm

It does look awesome!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Worth keeping an eye on it - thanks for posting the video!

At least the sims no longer look like cabbage patch kids - that's a huge improvement!

CAS allowing for voices and personalities could add whole new dimensions. I just hope that the game is open-ended and not goal driven.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 am

If that's truly what the base game will look like, then I am impressed.  The sims look so much better than in TS3!  And I'm sure after the modders get done with it, they'll look even better still.  I love that body shapes will be so easy to alter, and different voices, too!

Mac wrote:
I just hope that the game is open-ended and not goal driven.
I have hopes for that, too, Mac.  It would totally ruin the experience if it was goal driven and not an open world.

And I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a medieval expansion pack!!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 am

Astral Faery wrote:
The sims look so much better than in TS3!  And I'm sure after the modders get done with it, they'll look even better still.  I love that body shapes will be so easy to alter, and different voices, too!
And when you and all the other talented people on this site get hold of CAS, watch out!  wow!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:27 am

It does look pretty cool! I really like the variety of body shapes and I am LOVING the ability to pick up rooms and move them! I love you  How many times when building did I wish I had the ability to do that? The moods/emotions look pretty neat. I just hope the aren't too moody.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm concerned with the length of moods...Sim time is so short anyway...And when they have an aspiration failure that is almost a deal breaker...add in a negative emotion and that could be nasty. I hadn't thought of it as being goal oriented...I wouldn't mind goals, but it shouldn't be the end of it...kind of like TS2 lifetime wants...And the move a room feature would be way too cool. I'm just going to bet they aren't going to make it compatible with XP...and upgrading isn't an option.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:06 pm

Grykon wrote:
I'm just going to bet they aren't going to make it compatible with XP...and upgrading isn't an option.  
SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 99672 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 99672 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 99672   Just maybe they'll make it Win 8 compatible only! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 97206 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 97206 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 97206
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:38 am

I ran across this:

http://www.thesimsstyle.net/p/the-sims-4.html (it's in Portuguese)

and this:

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=652803

Not sure how official they are - but interesting, anyway.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 am

Possibly - all sorts of good news SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 12612 and bad news No

First, the good news:

1) Letting all of the creators on this site loose with all sorts of new possibilities. What lovelies will Ari and Elle and Sugah and Toni and Jen (are you listening??? SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 729422 ) and BL and Em be creating? The mind (maybe) boggles! wow! 

2) Starting with a new system and - this time - keeping my downloads folder better organized. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 898330 

3) Definite improvement in sims' appearances over Sims 3, but maybe not over Sims 2, although there will be more body shape flexibility.

And the bad news:

1) And this is huge - all that we've invested in Sims 2 - the clothing (and now Milano does websites, not sims' clothing), the hacks (which make the game both playable and enjoyable and remove a lot of annoyances), and the sims themselves. I can do without most of my celebs, but all the beautiful sims - M&F in the Modeling Agency wow!   - I'm not sure. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 503793 

2) The general architecture - will the game be overridingly goal-oriented?

3) EA charging real $, not simoleans, for added content. Boooo! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 971462 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after Sims 2 came out, Sims 1 was soon history. But Sims 2 has had legs - still going very strong after the release of Sims 3. This site is living proof. What a pity there could not have been a Sims 2.5, incorporating some of the better ideas of Sims 3 (and 4).
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:47 am

You have some very good points Mac. Every time EA comes out with the "newest Sims" I am filled with anticipation AND trepidation!

Each game still has its' following..Sims1 still has an active following, Sims 2 incredible following, Sims3 I can't comment on because I don't like it one iota! laughin  I am looking forward to seeing Sims 4 but that doesn't mean I will buy any add ons besides the first! So many awesome creators simply lose interest in creating for one reason or the other, the others "move on" to the latest "Sims". I am very worried about that for our sims2!!!!! Oh yeah!! EA won't get any of my money for content with Sims4 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 97206 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 am

SandySimmer wrote:
I am very worried about that for our sims2!!!!!
I think, as long as there's a Sugah's site, there will be interest and content for sims2 (Please oh please!)  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 266736
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 am

Yes, we must think positive!!SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 12612 
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:44 pm

I don't think Sims 2 will ever fully fade, It's been around for almost nine years(in September) and is still popular.

As for Sims 4 it does look interesting... I am just hoping that Rabbit Holes and the simpler genetics system don't come back from Sims 3.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Well I will get excited about 4, but, I will forever be a hardcore TS2 nut. I know with TS3 my system *should* be able to run it, but they didn't test it with my video card and even though the card is newer and more powerful then their minimum requirements they were unwilling to help me make the medieval Sims work for me. That was the last straw for me and EA...they wouldn't even refund my money from buying the crappy game. Makes me wonder how I am even considering possibly wanting to buy something else from them. They rooked me around so much for so long that by the time they offered to send me a new unopened game so I could return it for a refund I didn't have enough time to get it in the mail to get it back to the shop for the refund...plus they wanted another $20 for the unopened game!?! I think I just talked myself back into hating them and not caring about this TS4. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 99672 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Aaroneous wrote:
I am just hoping that Rabbit Holes and the simpler genetics system don't come back from Sims 3.
I installed Sims3, played it just a bit, then uninstalled it... "Rabbit Holes"???  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 553217 

And I never did look into its genetic system. No

I do agree that Sims2 was/is very special. Will Wright's last hurrah was a brilliant one!
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:52 pm

I didn't play Sims 3 for very long myself, It just didn't have the same feel as the previous games. Rabbit holes pretty much replaced what we referred to community lots in TS1 and TS2. You can see the sim(s) go in them, But You can't control them inside and the player just sits outside the rabbit hole an waits for the sim to come back out.

Unlike TS2 sims... TS3 sims only had one set of genetics they could pass on to their offspring, Which was defined by what the parents currently looked like. Unfortunately this meant the offspring could inherit some odd genetics. Like if a sim started out having brown hair and later dyed it purple, Because of the hair being changed the offspring would no longer inherit the brown hair, But Instead they would inherit the purple hair. To say the least most people were not happy with that.

Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 9 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next