Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 9:08 pm

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 243713 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 pm

I'm lovin' all the activity in this thread! Woot! dancintrio 

Thanks for sharing the Sims 4 video, Tim.
My SiL was telling me last week about how the Sims now have emotions (intriguing addition to the game, n'est-ce pas?).
It's so neat that you posted the video right around the day he shared that with me. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 21650 

I'm blown away by TS4's CaS mode, folks, aren't you?
We can choose our Sim's walk and voice and shoulder, thigh & belly size (etc., etc., ... not to mention expanding on their personalities) and so much more.
The new CaS tools are amazing, aren't they?
I still see a bit of the puddin' faces, but these new Sims are quite improved (over TS3) for sure.

Also, as Em has said, how cool is it that we can move entire house rooms, complete with furniture in them, with such ease if we don't like the layout of a house we're creating? That's really something and a most welcome addition to the building/decorating process. Don't you think?
(I'm hoping it's a helluva lot easier to do awesome roofs in TS4. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 598258 )

Timster wrote:
I'm concerned with the length of moods...Sim time is so short anyway...And when they have an aspiration failure that is almost a deal breaker...add in a negative emotion and that could be nasty.
Good point, Tim! It might be a good-bad with the moods thing... SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 553217 

I'm running out of time today, but fully intend on responding to Mac's Good News-Bad News post, along with the posts that followed that one.

Hang in there with me and as always, thanks for SIMply Schoozin'! girlwinkin
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Aaron found a article that says they are going to make TS4 low end computer friendlier then TS3!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 pm

That would be good news!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm a bit blown away by the picture comparing a TS2, TS3, and TS4 sim on the link that Ari shared. The TS2 sim looks really bad without cc doesn't it? laughin  They forgot to add a TS1 pictures.

Tim wrote:
They rooked me around so much for so long that by the time they offered to send me a new unopened game so I could return it for a refund I didn't have enough time to get it in the mail to get it back to the shop for the refund...plus they wanted another $20 for the unopened game!?!
What?!? They wanted you to buy another game in order to return the one that didn't work for you in the first place? Wow! That's crazy!

That is interesting about the TS3 genetics. I had no idea it was like that. That would have been very disappointing.

Low end computer friendly is a good thing, for sure!

I wonder what the game play is like. At this point, I don't think I would personally want to invest in a new game just for way cool body sliders and neat build mode options. Just because of where I am in my life right now. If the gameplay had something unique from TS2 to offer I might strongly consider it though. I was intrigued by the open neighborhood idea of TS3, but I'm not sure how well that was or could be executed. It will be interesting to see what TS4 is like as more information is released.

I ran across something the other day that reminded me of this thread. I thought it was kind of cute and funny and something you all might appreciate too.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 Y4s92f10
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:46 am

That's really cute!I love you 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Chimeway & Daughters Saloon Piano   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 am

This is one of my favorite purchasable items. I often use it for Music careers or for Music and Dance hobbies. In my game, I often set a sim to studying a skill, then fast forward until the skill is learned or the sim is interrupted or has needs. Not so for the piano, when a sim is playing I play the game at the regular rate and sit back and enjoy the music: Lots of Bach, some Mozart, some Chopin, some Beethoven, and ragtime and jazz. I let my sim serenade me and enjoy the music! Maybe another sim is studying using the bookshelf or the hacked computer.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 8:51 am

Noticed an article in Economist referring to this article. It seems that as people (like me) age, they do lose mental function, especially the ability to multitask. Younger people can multitask better, including, alas, texting and driving at the same time affraid with all too often disastrous results.

This study enrolled people to play a specially designed video game - essentially a driving simulator, but having at the same time to pay attention to other messages on the screen. The younger participants multitasked just fine, and the older participants acquired the ability (again), which they were able to retain for several months after the video game playing ended.

It's the all too true advice to seniors - "Use it or lose it"

And you thought I'd never get around to the sims... A way I often play is with a singleton sim - needs cooking and body for the next career level. Read a book for cooking, put the game on fast forward, just keeping an eye on their hunger, bladder, and rest. Then send them out for a jog to get the body. They come home exhausted and sweaty. A quick shower then to bed, fast forward again to the next day. Then off to work 8 to 3, then rinse, repeat...

The way I should play, and am increasingly doing so (and so should all of you, especially those of you getting up there... SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 827319)

Can't go jogging, you have a toddler at home. Try to study cooking. But then the child comes home - with a friend - and with fun in the red (won't do homework). So have to deal with child and the friend, get the fun up, get the homework done... Then the spouse comes home, again with a friend. And the toddler wakes up and is shrieking to be let out of the crib. Then the 'phone rings... affraid  But it's good for me! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 12612 

All on one screen, with one interface, but it does sound a lot like multitasking!
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 am

Well, has anyone seen previews of Sims 4 yet?SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 687310

Here is what I wrote about it at another forum:

Quote :
Well, hello, all!

Well, most of you won't remember me...I have been out of the Sims world for about 2 years, as I just got busy with life and perusing other avenues for awhile, but recently, I decided that my absence from the Sims world has been long enough, and I will be getting back in the game...soon!
And I almost plunked down some cash for Sims 3 and a few add ons, but then, EA Games sent me some preview of Sims 4, and I said, whoa...This is awesome!

So, unless you awesome people can convince me otherwise, I have decided to wait it out a little loner, and wait for Sims 4 to come out instead of getting into SIms 3.  And who can blame me for thinking this way?  I mean....take a look at this.....

I love the new CAS and the new BUILD MODE!
CAS DEMO:  

And I dunno who this Curtis P dude is, but he is so obnoxious!  But, who cares?  He doesn't come with the game!

Well, it's now 5 AM, and I haven't been to bed, so I'm ending this post for now....but I hope to see you all again soon, and hopefully, I'll be sharing some awesome Sims 4 downloads!
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:40 am

Ya know? That Curtis dude is soooooo annoying, and yet, he's like the proverbial train wreck.....You look anyway, lol!SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 99672 

That being said, here is another Sims 4 video from Curtis!

Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:43 am

More Curtis:

The FAQ
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:53 am

I think I'm going to take my time, maybe even buy the Prima guide first. I feel I got seriously burned by Sims 3. I went and bought the deluxe version, plus the Prima guide. "Hoo-boy! It can only be sooo much better!" I then raced home, installed it, played for a while, then uninstalled it. Now I have a green plumb-bob data stick (I think 2GB) and a Prima guide gathering dust to show for my expenditure. Sims 3 did have some nice points - voice specialization and character traits that would have been nice in, say, a Sims 2.5. But the game had no soul, was too goal-oriented, and the sims really looked like cabbage patch kids.

I think maybe they have the cabbage patch kid thing solved, but I'm still going to wait and see. I have so much invested in Sims 2. Certainly a big factor will be 3rd party creativity, not only sims, houses, and clothing, but also various hacks to remove built-in annoyances.

The old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" certainly applies. Sorry to be a "downer", but I do love Sims 2, and this site has certainly become a big part of my enjoyment! If Sims 4 turns out to be really good, this site might open up a Sims 4 set of threads but I hope that it won't abandon Sims 2!
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:06 pm

mac wrote:
I think I'm going to take my time, maybe even buy the Prima guide first. I feel I got seriously burned by Sims 3. I went and bought the deluxe version, plus the Prima guide. "Hoo-boy! It can only be sooo much better!" I then raced home, installed it, played for a while, then uninstalled it. Now I have a green plumb-bob data stick (I think 2GB) and a Prima guide gathering dust to show for my expenditure. Sims 3 did have some nice points - voice specialization and character traits that would have been nice in, say, a Sims 2.5. But the game had no soul, was too goal-oriented, and the sims really looked like cabbage patch kids.

I think maybe they have the cabbage patch kid thing solved, but I'm still going to wait and see. I have so much invested in Sims 2. Certainly a big factor will be 3rd party creativity, not only sims, houses, and clothing, but also various hacks to remove built-in annoyances.

The old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" certainly applies. Sorry to be a "downer", but I do love Sims 2, and this site has certainly become a big part of my enjoyment! If Sims 4 turns out to be really good, this site might open up a Sims 4 set of threads but I hope that it won't abandon Sims 2!

Well, keep an open mind, Mac, and hang on to your hats because I believe that Sims 4 will take you where you only dreamed Sims3 could have done, but didn't deliver.....Oh, and here's a video that makes my point....

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:37 pm

My mind is open, and I can hope and hope and hope! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 

Needless to say, I'll take a really good look, as well as relying on those whose opinions I value and trust (include yourself and many,many of the simmers on this site)

I really want it to be wonderful, and will be sooo happy if it is! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 366915
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:25 pm

mac wrote:

I really want it to be wonderful, and will be sooo happy if it is! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 366915
Me too, Mac, me too! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 266736 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Wow! thanks for the great links! I really like the True Lady Gamer, she's funny and has a great attitude! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 598258 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:32 pm

I feel I must take exception to the video... Graphics do matter! We could have the same game play with (copyright permitting, but not likely) Disney characters. The game play would not be affected one bit, but it would feel wrong. Computer games are about creating illusions, and appearances do matter!

Graphics do matter! Consider the popularity of the Sims 2 sims created on this site and others. I have yet to see sims in the MTS Sims 3 downloads that compare with the Sims 2 sims by the creators in this site.  Also, consider all of the wonderful clothing created on the many Sims 2 sites including this one.

In Sims 3 CAS, the first thing to overcome is the pudding faces, and even with expertly created sims in Sims 3, the townies will not have changed. It does appear, however, that EA has taken these criticisms to heart. Certainly the sims in the demo footage look a lot better.

All of the goal-oriented collecting in Sims 3 also put me off. Maybe it wasn't essential to the game and could be safely ignored.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:49 am

Just went up on the Sims 4 thread on Wikipedia. It seems now that Sims 4 will be delayed until the autumn of 2014. It also said that while Sims 3 was developed by The Sims Studio, Sims 4 is being developed by The Sims Studio and Maxis (Maxis is back in the game!) This makes me more hopeful! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 12612

Meanwhile, back to Sims 2 and Sugah's! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 366915
Back to top Go down
dsmbear

dsmbear

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 8:48 pm

SimEm wrote:

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 Y4s92f10

Hey, I just wanna make it clear that I highly respect anyone that is still playing SIMS 2...my hat is off to you! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 578473 

BUT-- My main and first reason for putting it aside, however, stems from the fact that Origin/EA Games no longer supports the game...and they probably will cut support on Sims 3 in about 2 years, so for myself---and I realize that I can only speak for myself-----why not be practical and cut the apron strings to what is old and obsolete NOW and embrace the new?

Just a thought!SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 921735 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm hoping that Sims 4 is a winner. As far as support for Sims 2 goes, I haven't either used it or needed it in years.  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 898330  There's a lot of 3rd party help that goes way beyond what EA/Maxis ever offered. Toni on this site has been a wonderful source, as has Russ. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 940149 

Still, I will undoubtedly spring for some version of Sims 4 (looks like a year from now - unless they postpone again - better to get it right the first time!). There are 2 special editions: Limited Edition and Digital Deluxe. Do you have any idea of what the bonuses "Life of the Party" or "Up All Night"  involve? SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 553217
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:50 pm

When I shared that picture I wasn't intending to make an anti-TS4 statement. I just take some pride in the fact that I'm still playing TS2, still getting enjoyment out of it and finding new ways to play with it, even now that the peak of TS3 is passing and they're coming out with TS4. I feel like I got my money's worth out of it. laughin 

I don't worry about the game not being supported. I've never needed game support from the company before, so I doubt I will at this point. If it becomes obsolete with newer computer systems or something like that and it becomes no longer playable, well, then it's had a good run. But it's not giving me any problems with being old and obsolete now and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, so I see no need to chuck it now in anticipation of problems that may or may not arise. If that day comes maybe then I'll switch to something newer.

I need to check out those videos you posted recently sometime. I haven't had a chance to yet. I find TS4 interesting, but I haven't seen enough that's new yet that has me yearning to switch. I like the adjustments that can be made for sims appearances and the varying body types a lot, but I have yet to see anything like the major changes that had be excited to upgrade from TS1 to TS2 and anxious for when TS2 first came out. I may look into it more someday, but for now, based on where I am in my life right now, I don't think I need or want to invest the money and especially the time into a new game. I feel like I should be focusing on other things right now and in the near future. Maybe if things change later on I might take an interest in looking in to it.

If any of you do get TS4 after it comes out. I would LOVE to hear about what it's like and what your impressions are on it. SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 940149 
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Em wrote:
I just take some pride in the fact that I'm still playing TS2, still getting enjoyment out of it and finding new ways to play with it, even now that the peak of TS3 is passing and they're coming out with TS4. I feel like I got my money's worth out of it.
SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 637989

Well said, Emily! We totally got our money's worth with Sims 2 and most of us are still discovering new things and finding fun, new ways to play the game.

Sir Mac wrote:
Meanwhile, back to Sims 2 and Sugah's!
 Yaaaay, Mac!!! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 357604 

I'm probably going to sit back, observe and listen to what the Sims community says about TS4, once it's released for quite awhile.
I didn't get on the band wagon with TS2 straight away. I hung on with the original Sims for a couple of years, I believe, before I invested in the newer version. And I haven't looked back since! girlwinkin 

ThankUforSharing
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Just to let everyone interested know, I've updated my "what's going on in your hood" thread yesterday  SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 97206 
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 pm

I just happen to bump into this interview, It's certainly has somethings mentioned I hadn't heard about. Though it is unfortunate that the Moodlets will make a comeback from TS3 and don't get me started on the Comfort and environment motives not returning(yet again).

http://www.simified.com/2013/09/22/sims-4-simifieds-qa-simgurugrant/

Last edited by Aaroneous on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks, Aaroneous, for the heads-up.

I felt badly burned by Sims 3 No  and am hopeful, but wary, regarding Sims 4. It is a good sign at least that they got Will Wright involved again. When Sims 3 came out, I rushed to get it, all enthusiasm, installed it, tried it, then uninstalled it. I'll be adopting a wait and see attitude about Sims 4.  thinkin\' At the very least, it does seem that the sims people no longer look like cabbage patch kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next