Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's Families

Go down 
+10
MaAlet
ilikefishfood
SandySimmer
Cher64
autumnelle
Grykon
Nonni
Sugah
Ullwera
Astral Faery
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cher64

Cher64

Mac's Families - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:14 pm

Em wrote:
... or to replace their costumes and make them look more like the twits you remember from your college days.

Mac's Families - Page 4 598258

I like to have my elders help with the grandchildren when possible. It's especially nice if both parents are going to continue working. After the grandkids have grown up, I end up feeling the same as Mac -- I kind of lose interest in playing the elders. There's nothing left for them to do once they've maxed out all the skills and studied everything there is to study. I also find it aggravating that elders don't sleep through the night.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Cher64 wrote:
I also find it aggravating that elders don't sleep through the night.

That's called realism! Alas, it's true! verklempt And then the kitties get us up at 6 AM (or before) Mac's Families - Page 4 214265
Back to top Go down
Nonni

Nonni

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:40 am

Cher wrote:
mac said wrote:
That's called realism! Alas, it's true!
Here I am, though, up at 2:30 AM.

I don't allow much Realism in my game, after all I am God in my 'hood.

CherI have used this mod for years:
ELDERS SLEEP THROUGH NIGHT PATCH

and here is one for Toddlers:
TODDLER SLEEP THROUGH NIGHT PATCH
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 9:05 am

Thank you, Nonni. I'm off to check those mods out right now!

Nonni wrote:

Mac's Families - Page 4 363286

Mac, I know elders often don't need as much sleep, but why is it the same for all of them? My grandmother is 99 and she sleeps through the night;  my mother is in her 70s and she doesn't. It's the same with toddlers; some are restless sleepers, and some are good sleepers. It's a huge pain in the whatever to have my elder sims up at all hours with nothing to do. After spending the day babysitting the grandkids, they should be tired enough to sleep most of the night. Mac's Families - Page 4 598258

I don't spend any of my Sims' points on the option that allows them to need less sleep.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 11:24 am

I haven't really played elders that much, except for Dora Ottomas. When toddlers are awake in the middle of the night, I have them busy playing and learning while mom and dad sleep. (Still have to feed and change/potty them, though, but usually mom and dad get enough sleep at night with a good bed)
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Mac Caroline and Damien make such a cute couple! Kitty is looks so pretty, smart and lively!

Since I don't remember what thread we were in discussing The Ottomas glitch I will put my answer here I love you
I found the info at MTS. The first reply is by someone with the initials MSD;

Patch your game. In the pre-patched Seasons, the mother is pregnant with a broken father link. The patch fixes the link and the father will be recognized as the father as intended. IIRC, without the patch, the game grabs some random person or thing as the father of the to-be-born infant(s).

The second was is from Moothilda;

When you patch your game, it won't fix any existing Ottomas family in any existing neighborhoods. The Ottomas fix only applies to newly generated neighborhoods, or to neighborhoods which do not have the Ottomas family in the bin until after the patch was installed.

Therefore, it's quite possible that their game was patched but their Ottomas family was still corrupt.

So, the general consenus is if you have a patched game prior to playing them the father issue of Samantha's pregnancy should be fixed, and the family safe to play, although they said the only way to make sure is to ck the family in Simpe, or a thingy from SimLogical :)
Anywho, since my game is patched I think I might play them again in the future Mac's Families - Page 4 12612
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for looking into this. I did go into the family and Peter appears as the dad in the family tree of Odile (the child that Samantha is pregnant with at the beginning)

I fell in love with Caroline from the very beginning,   Mac's Families - Page 4 508493  look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for her introduction to my 'hood as well as a couple of yoga poses (ouch!   affraid - "For this job, don't count on me")
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Cher wrote:
Mac wrote:
That's called realism! Alas, it's true!

So true, unfortunately!!!
I can't remember the last time I slept a solid 8 hours through the night! Mac's Families - Page 4 971462

Nonni wrote:

Mac's Families - Page 4 683951

Cher wrote:
After spending the day babysitting the grandkids, they should be tired enough to sleep most of the night.

You got that right, honey ... In the virtual AND the real world!  laughin
I should be sleeping through most of the night after keeping a very active two year old grandbaby two nights weekly, but for some reason, it just ain't happenin' for this old broad.
And I am always exhausted after my little Peanut leaves!  Mac's Families - Page 4 97206

Even with all of the issues senior Sims may bring to the game, I have great affection for and adore my elderly Sims (as most of you know).
I so enjoy watching their antics, even the way they move and react and communicate.
And, like some of you have said, I am enamored with the way they interact with their grandchildren. Mac's Families - Page 4 508493  
Maybe it's because my Italian grandparents were two of my favorite people on the entire planet.
They have been gone since the mid-80s and I still miss them so very much to this day. verklempt

Thank you for the info on the Ottomas family, Sandy.
Good to know!!!  Mac's Families - Page 4 940149
I'm assuming they came with the Seasons EP? (One I do not play with.)
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Sugah wrote:
Maybe it's because my Italian grandparents were two of my favorite people on the entire planet.
They have been gone since the mid-80s and I still miss them so very much to this day.

Maybe that's why I'm so determined to have my Sim kids interact with their grandparents, and even with aunts and uncles. I had such a close family, and a close relationship with my grandparents and aunts and uncles. I remember spending a week at a time with them. I remember the things they taught me.

Quote :
And I am always exhausted after my little Peanut leaves!

That reminds me of the last time Randy and I babysat my niece's toddler. For a critter that can't walk, he sure managed to wipe out two grown people. Part of it is, I'm sure, that our house is no longer put together with the idea that small children will be there for any length of time. Part of it was just the constant watchfulness and trying to keep him happy. Mac's Families - Page 4 465755

Very interesting about the Ottomas family. I didn't play them for many years, and I also got all the eps and patches as I played, so I never had a problem with them. Except for the EAUgly offspring. laughin The parents aren't that bad looking, especially Samantha, so I could never figure out why those kids looked the way they did.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 9:01 am

Lady C wrote:
Maybe that's why I'm so determined to have my Sim kids interact with their grandparents, and even with aunts and uncles. I had such a close family, and a close relationship with my grandparents and aunts and uncles. I remember spending a week at a time with them. I remember the things they taught me.

That's beautiful, Cher.  I love you
I spent weeks with my beloved Italian grandparents each summer.
I always looked forward to being with them, even after I had a child of my own.
I remember how (unconditionally & unequivocally) I felt loved by them. ALWAYS.

Quote :
Randy and I babysat my niece's toddler...Part of it was just the constant watchfulness and trying to keep him happy.

That's a big part of it: The Constant Watchfulness
I like the way you put it.
Parker is very active. She's an On-the-Go Kinda Gal.
I am a very hands on Nana, too, so I am constantly interacting with, communicating with & teaching her.
It takes a lot of energy & stamina to spend 8 hours with a toddler.  Mac's Families - Page 4 922586
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:16 am

Mac wrote:
Thanks for looking into this. I did go into the family and Peter appears as the dad in the family tree of Odile (the child that Samantha is pregnant with at the beginning)
You are most welcome. It seems MTS is where I get most of my info lately :) You looked in Simpe?

Cher wrote:
The parents aren't that bad looking, especially Samantha, so I could never figure out why those kids looked the way they did.

I know! They must take after Dora!

Sugah wrote:
I remember how (unconditionally & unequivocally) I felt loved by them. ALWAYS
What a blessing , and great memories!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:23 am

I don't know, here are the Ottomas kids in my 'hood: David - now a YA but still showing as a teen, Tommy and Sharla - now teens, and Odile - now a child but born-in-game from the pregnant Samantha. David, and especially Odile do have that chipmunk look that a lot of EASims have, but Tommy and Sharla are quite acceptable. I did give Sharla different hair, but that's about it. Odile... Well, we can hope that maturity is kind to her.
Mac's Families - Page 4 Snapshot_5c1ae6d2_6261fb20_zps8fvajci4

Quote :
You looked in Simpe?

No, I just looked in the family tree display in the in-game "Relationships" display
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptySat May 16, 2015 9:39 pm

mac wrote:
When toddlers are awake in the middle of the night, I have them busy playing and learning while mom and dad sleep.

I do that all the time too, all the while realizing that would not fly in real life, at all. laughin

Hopefully Odile will grow into those cheeks. I noticed from creating sims in bodyshop and CAS they really go overboard with the cheek size in children compared to how they look in the older stages.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:23 am

Mac I must agree with your assessment of your Ottomas. They are all nice looking but;
Mac wrote:
Odile... Well, we can hope that maturity is kind to her.

I became brave after your postings about the Ottomas and decided to play them again! Even after all the cheating I do with max motives etc they are exhausting!! Especially after Samantha gave birth to male twins Mac's Families - Page 4 97206
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptySun May 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Sugah wrote:
I always looked forward to being with them, even after I had a child of my own.
I remember how (unconditionally & unequivocally) I felt loved by them. ALWAYS.

What's even more lovely is how you've brought that to your relationship with your grandchildren.

Quote :
I am a very hands on Nana, too, so I am constantly interacting with, communicating with & teaching her.

That's what I tried to do with my niece, too. Mac's Families - Page 4 12612

Mac wrote:
Odile... Well, we can hope that maturity is kind to her.

laughin

Sandy wrote:
mac wrote:When toddlers are awake in the middle of the night, I have them busy playing and learning while mom and dad sleep.

I do that all the time too, all the while realizing that would not fly in real life, at all.

I'm doing that a lot in Sugah's Pleasantview, because I didn't put all of Beck's great toddler stuff in that game.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Ari's simmies have beautiful babies.
Some time I matched up two of her simmies: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] although I gave him the piratical name "Jean Lafitte".
They are both in the Pirate career. He's at the top and she's at level 9.
They had a daughter, Svetlana.

When she was a toddler, her dad taught her a nursery rhyme.

Mac's Families - Page 4 SvetlanaToddlerNurseryRhyme_zps1lz8jlvi

Svetlana grew into a little girl. Here she is with mom and dad, and then a closer picture with mom.

Mac's Families - Page 4 SvetlanaChildCuddlingJean_zpshom38nqa

Mac's Families - Page 4 SvetlanaChildMiranda_zpsudr57own

She really likes ballet and has all the makings of a bunhead.

Mac's Families - Page 4 SvetlanaChildMirandaBallet_zpshmbvmn2m

She learned at first from mom, but has continued as a teenager.
(The only change I made was to give her a moderately more grownup hairdo.)

Mac's Families - Page 4 SvetlanaTeenager_zpsvhea7xzn

She has a teen job in the dance career but will probably choose the Professional Ballerina career by lientebollemeis on MTS2.
"Svetlana Moon" is the perfect name for a prima ballerina!

A close-up of Svetlana, enjoying the seaside. She's going to be an amazing ballerina and, I think, a heartbreaker, too!  Mac's Families - Page 4 508493
Mac's Families - Page 4 Snapshot_ff668c05_22746dc9_zpsrgellefj

I had to include this spontaneous picture of Miranda and Jean cuddling on the beach.
They're really proud of their girl, and Ari's simmies do make beautiful babies! wow!

Mac's Families - Page 4 MirandaJeanCuddle_zpsfbvqejvu

Click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more on Miranda, Jean & Svetlana.

Last edited by mac on Fri May 29, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Ari's Simmies really do make beautiful babies. Svetlana Moon (which is indeed a great ballerina name!) is proof of that, as are Alyssa and Jonah's little darlings in my Offspring thread.

Quote :
Did you know that there were actually three verses to the song?

"Baby bop a loolah Yo Ho Ho"
"Baby bop a loolah and a Bottle of Rum"
"Baby bop a loolah Arrr! Arrr! Arrr!"

I did not know that, Mac. Mac's Families - Page 4 99672
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Miranda Moon and Brendan (Jean Lafitte) are truly good looking Sims. Mac's Families - Page 4 12612

wow!

Svetlana Moon is a lovely teen ballerina.
How could she not be with those fabulous genes?  Mac's Families - Page 4 738528

Quote :
I had to include this spontaneous picture of Miranda and Jean cuddling on the beach.

Ooooh la la! Très romantique!

ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Mac wrote:
I don't have a separate neighborhood for the Offspring Project which means I can't follow offspring through their whole lives all at once; I realize that this does limit the ability to draw deductions. I've gone off to another family now, but next season I'll update with Svetlana as a college gal.

Hey, Captain!
I've PMed you the preferred way to do this, so we can stay true to the rules for posting in our project thread (as outlined [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).  Mac's Families - Page 4 940149
I know it's challenging, but I think the best way to do it is how I suggested to Em.
It's the way I've been posting (like you, I don't have a separate 'hood for the Offspring project).

I'll copy and paste what I shared with Em so others can see it here in case they missed it in her thread:

Em wrote:
We just get so attached and its hard to limit them to just sharing faces when they have so much personality leaping out of the screen.  

Sugah wrote:
What I've been doing is sharing the Offspring families' lives in my game antics thread, then directing folks here for pics of just the kiddos in different stages (infant, toddler, child, teen).
You can cross link, if you want, like I've done a time or two, directly between the two sections' threads.
In other words, "Visit here if you'd like to learn more about Raymie & Franco's lives.", etc., etc.
Or "Another baby has arrived for Anaïs & Enrique here." (You get the picture.  Mac's Families - Page 4 584675  )

I've left you more instructions in the PM, Mac. Let me know if I can help.
Thank you for participating and for working the Offspring posting kinks out with me.
I appreciate it. Mac's Families - Page 4 344738

Added on Friday 5/29/15:

Thanks for relocating the post in question, Captain. Mac's Families - Page 4 687310
I'll visit your Mac's 'Hood and comment on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] later. Mac's Families - Page 4 940149
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Mac's Families - Page 4 508493
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptySat May 30, 2015 8:10 am

I love Ari's pirates, especially Miranda!  I remember when Ari first posted her, and she just blew us all away with her awesomeness! laughin

Great to see you here too Ari!  Missed you! Mac's Families - Page 4 319331
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptySat May 30, 2015 10:36 am

Oh, I love the close up image of pretty Svetlana Moon on the beach, Mac.
Even with Maxi's eyebrows and no makeup, she is quite the natural beauty! Mac's Families - Page 4 12612

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptySat May 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Sugah wrote:

Even with Maxi's eyebrows and no makeup, she is quite the natural beauty!  Mac's Families - Page 4 12612

I agree! Ari's simmies always make great-looking babies! (no cc required) sunny Mac's Families - Page 4 12612
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Thank you, all! Mac's Families - Page 4 338947
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Mac wrote:
A close-up of Svetlana, enjoying the seaside. She's going to be an amazing ballerina and, I think, a heartbreaker, too!

Svetlana turned out to be a perfect blendiing of Miranda and jean! They both have similiar coloring and i think Svetlana looks a bit more like Dad! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's Families
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next