Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3

Go down 
+17
autumnelle
Ullwera
mac
SimEm
Sugah
ilikefishfood
Astral Faery
AdriannaSimmie
Nancy01905
Hollymaniac
Grykon
clc
Caleb_71
WittyKitty
Nonni
Hunter
soloaris
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
soloaris

soloaris

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672 What wonderful pictures you posted this time, all of them are funny and beautiful, I realy like the colors in your game, they are so warm and bright! I don't think you have to be afraid for any pregnant woman or a little child dies, in the game, no baby's and small children can be hurt in the game... if you don't got a hack that over rules that ... in the first game it was possible, but they did something about that in Sim2 Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612

Anabel is a beautiful child/Teen and it is funny and look good around the table, I never had a baby in UNI, but the inteeimater (?) makes it possible, and thats good, also think the update patch from ea, give you that option, but I am not sure, how the heck did you have the robot in UNi, I never had that option, it just tells me (The game) Servos is not allowed in uni, when I try to pack them up?? maybe you have a hack named Uni for all?? I think I saw that on MTS2 but I never downloaded it...

Sorry for babbling so much, but your story is fun and I like your Kingdom laughin Thanks for sharing Ari!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Ooooh....the Rose and Mace thing actually worked out perfectly. Now it makes total sense that she'd marry him.

Naturally he was late to the party though...he was BUSY! *cough* laughin

Well at least Archer's a nice guy...and he's snagged a lovely girl. It's not all about looks.

I'm thinking your Servo is more than malfunctioning...I'm thinking it's evil! Why is it trying to fry everyone?!!!! affraid Shut it down! Shut it down! Bring back the butler!!!

Yeah, that multiple birth thing is getting outta hand there Ari! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 97206 I'd be setting them all to 1%...I mean, what were the chances of the babies or mother surviving multiple births in Medieval times anyway?!

Robin in gawgus! Hubba hubba! I think you need to upload him so we can all have him in our games! sunny

Joseph sure wears Daddy-hood well! Gooooo Joe! dancintrio

Lovinin' the Kingdom Ari! Oh...and glad you like the punching logs. I think they're great even for rustic households in modern games.

Well I'm at work, and actively ignoring a looming deadline! Eeeep! Later! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 226245
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 am

Jackie - thank you!

The servo pictures were taken at the Bloodstone house. I have a buyable servo, so I can just get it out of the catalog and use it whenever I want. It makes it easier that way. And I don't mind if you babble. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672

Toni - thanks, hon.

The problem wasn't with the servo, but with the cheap shower. I've replaced that, and haven't had any issues. And I really don't care much for the butler because I can't control him. He'll see that people are hungry on the lot and make food. And then an hour later, if there are still people on the lot that are hungry, he'll make more food. Sometimes, like in the castle, it takes them forever to get down the stairs and eat, and I have to keep directing people to put all the meals the butler is making into the fridge so it doesn't spoil. I feel like I have to be the food police. Drives me nuts. I am overall happy with the servos, as I never have to tell them to clean, repair, or garden, and I can control when they cook. The Dragen one is kind of dumb, though, because once in awhile she tries to take a bubble bath, lol.

Robin? Really? He's a little severe for my taste.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Maceadult
Mace grows up very nicely. I have put this family somewhere between peasant and merchant status. Technically, Rose probably should have taken her husband's peasant status, but we'll give them a tad extra - but their taxes will be a little higher than a peasant's. Mace works in culinary, and I'll let him rise a few rungs. Mace has more opportunities now. He has access to skill building items, and he doesn't have to spend his life gardening to survive. They can have a maid, but no other servant sims.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Frederick
He and Rose had an adorable little boy, Frederick. Immediately after giving birth, Rose got pregnant again and had a girl, Sabelina. So now they have a toddler and an infant to care for. Rose loves to paint and consistently rolls up 'sell a masterpiece' wants. She almost always chooses painting over other forms of entertainment. They will have a happy life.

I forgot to take any pictures, but Robin and Anabel married (bad memories for Anabel, since she's romance). She's already given birth to the heir, Sterling, and her eye has been wandering all over the place. She's ready to be a ho now. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 598258

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Archerwhiskers
Well now. I put whiskers on Archer and he doesn't look half bad! The beard dramatically reduces the appearance of his large chin, and even his eyes look a little less beady. Now he looks distinctive. He and Reyna celebrated the birth to their first baby, a boy named Lief. Almost everyone produced an heir right away! It's a relief that most households are secure with an heir, but I sure hope we start seeing some girls soon!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

Well I daresay Archer looks quite distinguished with that thar beard and 'stache. Very nice indeed!

And little Frederick is adorable! Not surprising given how beautiful his parents are.

Looking out for future pix of Robin and Anabel. I think he looks mysterious. I like it! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 774807

I'll take your word that your servo isn't try to quietly do away with the family and take over the house! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 97206 I've never played servos or butlers (though I do have all EPs and SPs). Must try them out sometime.

Love your beautiful pix as ever!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Thank you so much, Toni! Robin does look mysterious, doesn't he? It's going to be interesting if he finds out about Anabel's cheating. Maybe he's a bit unstable...

On a side note, Henry, a knowledge sim, for awhile rolled consistent wants to turn Emma into a werewolf. He didn't want to become one himself, he just wanted to turn her into one. Sicko Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 am

Eeeep! Poor Emma! Is Henry attracted to werewolves or something or is he just a typical overly-curious knowledge simmie.

And has Anabel actually started cheating, or is it just part of the plan? This is one story I'll be following very very closely. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 97206
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 am

No, Henry isn't attracted to werewolves. I've rarely even seen that want pop up for other sims. He rolled it consistently for awhile, but he didn't have it the last time I played his house. Maybe because he got his dream job and was working on skills. I hope it doesn't come back, lol.

Cheating is part of the plan for Anabel. She's romance (I have a lot of romance females in this generation - but no males rolled up romance). Robin is knowledge, and wants to be top of the journalism career - so he will often be busy working and skilling - perhaps Anabel gets lonely. Or, since they only have one bolt, she's simply attracted to other males. Maybe her twin brother (being the only male born in the Dragen house) got all the attention in preparation to be heir and she feels the need to 'supplement' by confusing affection for attention. Or maybe she just had other wishes for herself, but being a woman of noble birth, had her future arranged for herself. Can you tell I spend way too much time justifying her need to have affairs? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but your Sims are so beautiful, Ari.
This whole medieval thing you have going on is awesome to look at.
I love your fascinating screenshots with all the gorgeous time period costumes & decor.
I can't imagine how much time it took to set everything up so perfectly.

Everything is SIMply amazing!!!

Thank you for sharing The Faery's Grove with us, as always.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 461171

Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:39 am

Astral Faery wrote:
Can you tell I spend way too much time justifying her need to have affairs? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672

laughin I'm like you that way. I like to get inside my simmies' heads. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612

I totally agree with you Sugah! The Medieval theme is fascinating! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 461171
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:36 am

Aw, thanks so much guys!!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 558785
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:42 am

Oh Ari,

Your simmies are so stunning and I just love your piccies!!

Seems like back in the day there was a lot of loving going on..

I agree with Toni, maybe you should set that to 1%...hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

I would gladly set it for 1% - but the lowest it goes is 2. Now what I was thinking, is that most families would have one baby, occasionally I'd see twins, but if I ever saw trips or quads - well that would just be amazing. But it's been the other way around! Now the single birth is the oddity, LOL. I'm still playing with the settings, and have them set super low, but may even go lower. The chance for a single birth is 92%. I think it's working, because out of all the births for this generation, I only got one multiple - the rest were single. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 578473

A couple of pics to let you know where my sims' lives are going.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Goldfingertoddlers
A cute picture I caught of the Goldfinger triplets. Sure, they look cute now...

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Goldfingertrips
...but as children, well...the two on the ends are kinda cute - but I'm a little worried about the one in the middle. It looks like she got the famous Dragen big chin and beady eye thing going on from her mother's side of the family. Now with Uncle Archer, I put whiskers on him and it spiffed him right up - but I'm not so sure that would work with this girl! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Kristianatoddler
Little Kristiana Silvertouch - daughter of merchant family Christabel and Griffin. If I remember correctly, they had another child, a girl, but I don't have anything recorded in my notebook. Maybe I'm wrong about that - we'll have to see next time I play their lot.

I had some fun with the Tailor house this rotation. Matthew has a knowledge aspiration. I thought it would be neat if he ended up at the gypsy camp - it's lonely there, and I would like to see Ysabel have a child. So I let him spend a lot of time with her during my last play at the gypsy camp - they have some chemistry (I can't remember how much) - and they fell in love...awww.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 CryMatt1
He invited both Ysabel and her father over for the day. His mother, Aliana, insulted Ysabel, and Matthew started crying! I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 CryMatt
He actually ran all the way upstairs with his eyes covered, and then sobbed. It was a riot! Now, Matthew is super nice - I think he has 10 nice points, and he was just so upset, lol.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Werewolfapproval
Note the approving and curious look from Matthew as he witnesses Sigfried's transformation into a creature of the night. And yes, this was intentionally set up, so Matthew would hopefully roll up a 'become a werewolf' want. After seeing the transformation a couple of times (during a couple of evening visits), it worked, so now I have a good excuse to send Matthew to the camp.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Scared
After Sigfried turned into a werewolf, he scared Pierce and made him wet his pants, lol.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Scared1
Then he went and gossiped to his daughter about it. Gotta love these two. They do a perfect job of fleshing out my kingdom with their mean and sloppy behaviors.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Alexandertoddler
And this is little Matthew Tailor, son of Benett and Gemma, future heir to the Tailor household. What a cutie.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 CalebAnnefighting
Over at the Farmer house, I catch Caleb picking on his new daughter-in-law, Anne. I have no idea why, but he just kept after her.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 CalebAnnefighting1

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 CalebAnnefighting2

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 CalebAnnefighting3
Look at that mean old face of his!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 CalebAnnefighting4
Then she took it upon herself to go and apologize. I never even knew what happened between these two, but they seem to be on the mend, now, thanks to that. Their relationship score is low, but at least it's in the positive numbers, now.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 KatemarriedGav
And at the Scrapper house, Katelyn married Gavin (he finally stopped rejecting her and they fell in love, lol). She's pregnant at the moment, and I'm not done with their rotation, so I'll find out what she has the next time I play. Originally, I was planning on having Kate cheat on Gavin and get caught (since she's romance), and after producing an heir she would go off and start a brothel. But I'm not sure if I have the guts to do it, lol. They are really cute together, and after Gavin got fit their chemistry increased to 2 bolts. They're crazy about each other, and there's no reason why she would cheat with someone she was less attracted to.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:07 am

Sounds like you've got some good storytelling drama going on in your hood! The mother who doesn't approve of her son's friendship with the girl at the gypsy camp (his reaction was priceless. I don't think I've seen a sim react that strongly before either) and the girl who isn't getting along with her inlaws. I wonder why he was insulting her. Isn't it funny that she has to be the one to apologize. At least they seem to be getting along better. Fun stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 am

Oh what a great update!!! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 408427

Where to start? Ok, with the 'chin triplet.' I'm suggesting big hair! Lots of full, flowing hair, that covers the sides of her face. The right eye makeup can widen those beady eyes. I gotta tell ya, Ari...I think a lot of that beady eye thing, is a result of the Louis skintone defaults. They're inclined to do that. There're quite a few natural looking eyeshadows out there that don't make it look like the simmie is wearing any makeup, but it alters the eye shape. Is that too cheaty? Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 85797

Speaking of defaults, I recognize your eyebrows! Aren't they wonderful?! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612

I've never seen a simmie fall apart over the mistreatment of another! That is sooo cute! Undoubtedly has to do with all those nice points. I don't have any adults with more than 6, so I've not seen anything like that before. I love it! And gosh...I know I've said it before, but Matthew is dishy! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 774807

I think it's funny that when Pierce wet his pants, he appeared to be thinking, "How embarrassing, only babies do that!" Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 97206

I'm intrigued by the Caleb and Anne thing. I wonder what happened. I didn't realize Caleb was a meanie. Isn't he the one who was briefly turned into a plant sim a few years ago? And if so, wasn't his hair black?

And Kate finally caught her man! Good for her! Now if she can just content herself with him alone, all will be well. :wigglypig: Of course...."well" is boring...gimme some good "cheating partner" drama any time! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672 I love the excitement! laughin

Oh by the way...I LOVE...I mean LOVE...your new avi! Wow!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:04 am

Nope. Eye makeup is not cheaty at all. But I don't think the beady eye thing is a result of the skins - it's Justina Dragen and Maxis stupidity. Justina has rather beadyish eyes - I didn't think they were that bad when she was an adult, but now as an elder they seem more pronounced. And maxis genetics are stupid. It always takes a minor flaw and exaggerates it in the offspring. My sim Ari is a good example. She looks fairly normal to me, but every time she breeds, her kids always have a short nose, which offsets the balance of their face, big time. It makes the distance between the nose and the mouth look way too long, which just looks odd. It didn't matter what sim I bred her with (I spent probably about an hour in CAS just messing around and trying her genes with many different males), and the result was always the same. Sim Ari may have a tiny bit of a short nose - but if so, it's barely even noticeable. Really kind of annoys me as she will always have freaky looking sim kids.

But, there will be no plastic surgery, unless someone is seriously flawed, and then a trip to the witch will be involved. I will have to breed the chin and eyes out. The big chin comes from Jerem, I think, even though his chin doesn't look too big to me. Ah well, gotta love maxis's interpretation of facial features. Funny thing, though. Aubrey has a really flat nose - so these girls are destined to be ugly little things, lol.

Matthew ain't bad, is he? Can't wait to see how a baby between he and Ysabel will turn out. Not sure if I'll have them marry - probably not.

Caleb's hair was black, wasn't it, lol? It went red when he aged, and I didn't even really notice since I was so busy setting up everyone's lives. Oh well, maybe he puts lots of tomato juice in his hair, or maybe being a plant screwed him up somehow.

Well, Katelyn had a boy, Edmund. The heir is born, and I'm going to have Gavin get a job. Perhaps Kate will get bored, or maybe she really enjoyed the thrill of the chase with Gavin, and now that she's got him...big deal. laughin She was not happy about being forced to marry (and get pregnant) while still a teen, she was an older teen, but still. So perhaps we can justify her behavior after all.
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612

Anyhoo, I played Anastasia's lot last night.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Anashouse
She and Abraham finally saved up enough money to afford the little pirate lot I built for them. No windows yet.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Toychest
Baby Christian climbs into his treasure chest toy box.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Christianroom
Here's his room.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Playingpirate
Ana looking official. Sims love this boat. They often 'play pirate' and do all sorts of things with it.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Crownest
Christian, as a super cute child, looking out of the crow's nest.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Fencing
Practicing fencing.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Shellphone1
Ana on the phone. I had so much fun shopping for piratey things, and was thrilled when I found this shell phone.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Shellphone
Another pic of the phone. In the background, it looks like Abraham is telling Sister Mary Rosa and Hope all about his adventures on the high seas.

Ok, so here's where Anastasia, once again, defies my plan for her and does what she wants. I was happy enough to have her settle down with Abraham and perhaps marry, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet.
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Timothybed
So imagine my surprise when she took a man from work to bed with her. This is Timothy, and she's been attracted to him since before Abraham moved in. Abraham was upstairs taking a bath when this happened, and I almost stopped it. But then I realized...she's not married, and one of my original plans was to give her a few romance partners and hope for a pregnancy so her beautiful genes would pass on. I guess she decided that's exactly what she wanted. He's good looking, so if she gets pregnant again, the baby will be cute.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Timothy
She brings him home from work almost everyday. And, even though she has 2 bolts for both Abraham and Timothy, she will choose Timothy every time. I find that interesting. Especially, since the ACR adjuster said she had the hots for Abraham (pre bed with Timothy), but now it says that she has the hots for Timothy.

Ana is not a terribly outgoing sim. But she acts like she is. She just showed up at the abbey while I was playing it - she didn't knock, she just came on in and made herself at home. She did this as a teen, too, once when I was playing the Scrapper house. She just showed up and joined the boys at the fishing hole. So, obviously this pirate thing is such a perfect fit for her. She's bold and adventurous, just like I keep seeing her, even though her stats don't really reflect that. And she apparently does not want to settle down with anyone, but prefers to keep her options open. She's an interesting one, alright.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 AbemeetsAnabel
That's all well and good for Anastasia, but what about Abraham? He's already reached his LTW and is a Mad Scientist. He only works 3 or so nights a week, and that leaves him with a lot of time to do...what? To be bored silly. So when Anabel went strolling past the house one day, one of the town whores (or soon will be), I had Abraham go out and greet her. If Anastasia can have an open relationship, then so can he. Maybe I should give them both a secondary aspiration of romance. I caught him dreaming of Ysabel with hearts one night, though he doesn't seem to have that much attraction for her.

This family was loads of fun to play - I just love surprises in this game, and Anastasia never fails to surprise me! Here's another little tidbit about Ana that I never shared. Right after she had grown up, I was playing the Scrapper lot. Gavin went to the phone and called her up for a booty call! I didn't think they would go through with it - as I'd seen sims do this before but were always interrupted or distracted. But Gavin and Anastasia did. My first working booty call - and he was still a teen! All of that chatting they had done out at the old fishing hole that night when Ana just popped over made them really good friends.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Gavbooty-1
I only have one pic of that, when he greeted her. And what's funny, is that Eliza was busy making a vase with the pottery wheel in the bedroom, and the two completely ignored her and went at it! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672 Gotta love the hacks that make sims act more like real people. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:00 am

Cool pirate lot! My my my...Anastasia is a busy girl. She's going to be an interesting one to watch for sure! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612 I've found in my game that knowledge sims can be just as...er...'frisky'...as romance simmies. laughin I suspect it's their exploratory nature.

And yes indeedy, Christian as cute as anything. :wigglypig:

More Anastasia!

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Frisky is a good term for it! It suits her bold and adventurous pioneering style.

Thank you so much for your compliments on my avatar!! She's a fairy, and she looks like she's wearing a bellydancingish ensemble - heck yah! I love you
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:46 am

I didn't have time to read and catch up Ari..... Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 503793 But the photos are Gorgeous and Intriguing!

I will read this when time allows, because your photos have me really wondering what is going on. I know I won't be disappointed as you've always been a wonderful story teller.

I love you
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Quote :
Cool pirate lot!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 357604

It TOTALLY is! I love that sort of thing.
So much fun to look at, Ari.
And the family looks like a ton of fun to play, as you've said.

Quote :
I've found in my game that knowledge sims can be just as...er...'frisky'...as romance simmies. I suspect it's their exploratory nature.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672

Good one, Toni.

Ana is so beautiful (and busy Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 598258 ) and Christian is a little doll.
Can't wait to see what a snack HE is when all grown! girlwinkin

Quote :
...the photos are gorgeous and intriguing!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 147390

Thank you for sharing what's been going on in your game, Ms. Faery.
It's always like eye candy to see all of your wonderful time period screenshots and lovely Sims.

Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 am

Thank you so much, Sugah and Hunter! I greatly appreciate the feedback - it is a joy to see people reading your adventures. I love you

I haven't been around as much lately, sorry about that. My whole family has been sick again. I recently got well from some virus or other that had me so drained I could barely get up and do anything for two weeks! I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever be able to get anything done much less dance again. I'm on the mend, but Harry isn't doing well. He's just not getting better and will be heading to the doctor tomorrow.

Anyhoo, I finished a rotation on my kingdom and decided to take a little break. The birthday fairy brought me Sims Medieval, and I've been playing with that quite a bit.

First of all, and most importantly, this is not a sims game. Not like we're used to, anyway. You don't get a family of sims whose lives you micromanage as they grow up and achieve things in life. There are similarities, but there are many more differences. A lot of people are comparing it to sims games, and are really disappointed. This is EA's attempt to combine sims with an RPG. Though it doesn't really play like an RPG, either, it is its own thing - a completely unique gaming experience, and unless you realize that right up front, you probably won't like it. I am enjoying it for what it is, and not trying to expect something from it that it's not.

When you first set up your kingdom, you have different ambitions to choose from...eventually. The first one is chosen for you and the rest are locked, so I'm assuming when I finish this one, I'll have at least one new choice for the next one.

Completing quests gives you resource points, which you can use to place new buildings in your kingdom. The kingdom layout is already set, and the buildings are already built, so you just plop them down. People who like to build will be disappointed - but it works well for me. When you place a new building, sometimes you'll need to create the hero sim to live there, the priest for the temple, or the blacksmith for the smithy, etc.

You choose quests, and then you choose one of your hero sims to complete it. The quests are fairly easy, with the game guiding you through it - which is helpful, or else I would have been lost many times. At any point in your questing you can take time to get to know other sims, practice sword fighting, etc. But if you stay away from your quest objectives too long, than your 'focus' will suffer.

Focus is a meter that tells you how well your character will be able to perform any tasks he/she chooses to do. There are positive and negative buffs that affect this - a good night's sleep will have a positive effect, or a bland meal will have a negative one, etc.

You only have two needs to worry about - hunger and energy. There are no skill bars - any sim can cook if they have ingredients to make a meal. If they don't have ingredients, they eat gruel, which will give the negative performance buff.

There are many things I like about this game, and some things I don't.
-The scenery is breathtaking. The graphics are incredible to see, and the sims are integrated well into it, they don't stand out and look cartoonish - they look like they belong there.
-The clothes! OMG the clothes! They're fabulous, with beautiful textures and shadings, and each hero type gets several outfits to choose from.
-Rich and lush landscape! The water is fantastic. The ocean has a reflection of the sun on it, and the ripples are so realistic.
-Nice customization for facial features in CAS; but also not enough for my satisfaction. You can change bits and pieces, like eyelids and nostril shapes, or the upper lip only, but there aren't enough customization for cheekbones and jaws - so sims all have a roundish face. Not nearly as bad as sims 3, but not as good as sims 2.
-color control! In CAS you can pick from about 9 or so eye shades, and if you don't find what you want you can use the palette wheel to pick a custom color - that's pretty freaking nifty. I gave my knight bright blue eyes. This also works with clothing - you can change the colors to suit your tastes.
-different body shapes! I know you can do that in sims 3, but I've never played it so I've never gotten to experience it first hand. You can make sims fat, very thin, or anywhere in between. You can also set musculature - my priestess is thin, while my blacksmith, knight, and monarch are all muscular.
-random name feature - so I don't have to sit here and try to think of names - I can just click the dice and get a first and last name to suit my hero.
-kids don't grow up. Many people are complaining that babies grow into children...and that's it. They can't grow up and inherit the throne. A lot of people in my Royal Kingdom Challenge group were hoping that this would be a tool for them to play that challenge - but it's not.
-I've read there is a 2 child limit per family.
-Pregnancy is uninteresting. There is no 1st/2nd/3rd trimester - no baby bump. My queen simply waddled when she was pregnant and suddenly gave birth a day or so later.
-Mothers breastfeed their babies - which is pretty cool - but no one else can feed it, so I got a little worried that the Monarch's wife wouldn't feed it.
-You only control 1 sim. If you get married - you still only control the hero sim that is active - unless you are doing a quest that has more than one hero - but they don't live together, so it gets a little hectic zooming back and forth across the kingdom taking care of 2 different sims and making sure they are getting their daily duties done.
-No makeup. There is a blush slider for the ladies, a stubble slider for males, and that's it. No eye makeup or anything like that, and some people are complaining about that.
-You cannot choose which sim to play and when. You can only play the sim that is actively working on a quest, and you can't switch to another sim unless you've finished that quest and chosen another quest. When you finish a quest, you are zapped back to the kingdom mode to choose another quest.
-Very demanding video requirements. It's EA, so of course it is. Many people have had video related crashes.
-A lot of things are done 'in a rabbit hole'. When your sim walks in the forest, or goes to the village, or goes into the cave, you sit outside and wait - you don't get to see what's going on - kind of like when your sim goes to work in the sims games.
-A lot of walking! The kingdom is large, and there are no modes of transportation other than your own two feet. Walking all over the place is time consuming.

I'm sure there are more things, but I can't think of them at the moment.

I'll try to get some shots of CAS soon - I still have yet to create the town wizard, so I can snap a couple then.

Ok - picutures!!

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 TheMonarch
This is my Monarch standing in the castle kitchen. When his servant is available, he can 'call for food', which is pretty nice. Sometimes he needs to hold court, and townspeople will come to him with a petition that he has to vote on.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Huggingprincess
Here he is cuddling his baby princess. Aww. The babies are...weird. They're wrapped up in a brownish blanket, and from the back it looks like a wriggling larva. And the only thing you can do with it is cuddle. But I haven't played a female with a baby yet, so I'm curious to see what else she will be able to do - particularly the feeding.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Treatment
This is my physician treating the Monarch. Right now she's medicating him, but she can also apply leeches, which she can buy in town or collect herself from the pond.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Gettingmarried
My physician got married. If one of the sims getting married belongs to a church, they can get married there, otherwise, they can get married anywhere. My physician (and her betrothed) are currently agnostic, so they got married outside the clinic. Some angel dude drops from the sky to help them get hitched.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Knightduel
This is my knight having a duel. These are kinda fun (for me). You have a health bar and a stamina bar - and so does your opponent. As you increase in level, you get more fighting moves and battle stances - the same one won't work for every duel, which is kinda cool. Whoever can reduce his/her opponent's health or stamina bar first, wins.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Blacksmithforging
This is my blacksmith, Demetrius, forging something. I think forging is kinda fun. You have to heat the metal to the right temperature, then pound it into shape (only one shape animation, so everything he makes looks the same). As he increases in skill, so does the quality of his items and how quickly he can make them.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Selling
Here he is in front of his vendor stall trying to sell a couple of suits of chainmail he made. I made him muscular because he should be since he's pounding metal all day long and mining for materials. The CAS also has an age slider, so you can make your sims look old or young. I made him look middle aged. There is no aging that I can see in this game.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Tavernshot
Here is a tavern shot. I am blown away by how beautiful the lighting is in this game.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Performing
My bard, Elaina, is performing on stage. The songs are beautiful in this game. Well sung and appropriate sounding for the period. As she increases in level, she unlocks more songs. I want to hear them all.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Writingplay
Here she's writing a play. She can actually recruit an actor and perform the play on the stage. I found that pretty amusing.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Waternight
A shot of the stream. I should have taken this in the day time so you could see how sparkly it is. The still picture really doesn't do it justice.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Ship
The ship rocks back and forth on the ocean and looks so realistic. It is really beautiful.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Autumnsermon-1
I know this one is huge. I don't know if the game has camera settings or not, but right now, when I snap a picture, I get a shot the same size as my computer screen. This will be great for making wallpapers or desktops for your computer, but impractical for sharing with people. I've had to resize all the ones I posted. I wanted to leave this one large so you can see the game interface - and actually, I did this with a print screen for that reason. (EDIT: Was resized by the forum, but you should still be able to see all the things I wrote on the pic clearly enough).

This is my priestess giving a sermon. You can see the different things you need to keep track of while you play. She's the priestess of the Peteran faith, there is also a Jacoban faith in this game - but I don't have that church and priest yet.

Each sim gets 2 traits and one fatal flaw. She is good and dedicated, but puny. She gets tired quickly if she does anything strenuous. Since she's dedicated, she gets 3 daily duties (other sims get 2). These are duties related to your sim's profession - like crafting and delivering a sword for my blacksmith, crafting and delivering tonics and salves for my physician, practicing sword fighting for my knight, etc.

You have to pick a fatal flaw. For my blacksmith I picked drunkard. Poor dude just can't concentrate unless he's had a drink or two. My Monarch is licentious. He needs regular lovin' to focus on his tasks. My physician has a weak constitution - too much food will make her throw up.

The quest performance meter shows how well you are doing on your current quest, and the quest objective tells you what you need to do next.

Green buffs are positive, red are negative, and each of these will affect your focus meter. Some a little, some a lot.

I will get more pics to share so you can see more of what this game is about.

My impression is - I'm really enjoying this. I went into it knowing it wasn't a typical sims game, and liking what the game is all about. There is a custom content button in the CAS screen, which leads me to believe that there is room for custom content. It's exciting to think that since this is the vanilla game, and it looks this good, what will be next? The game is just beautiful to look at, which makes it more fun to play. I worry, though, that the questing will get boring after a time, and then what? Supposedly there is a free mode when you finish the quests for the kingdom, but I've heard it's boring with nothing to unlock and work toward. I wish you could have typical families like in the sims game. If EA were to integrate this beauty with all of its medievally goodness into a regular sims game - that would be the ultimate gaming experience ever. However, this is just the base game - or at least that's the impression I got, so there is room for expansions - I wonder what those will hold? So far, I'm having fun.

My overall impression is that I like this game and am enjoying it. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 am

The graphics are breathtaking! It does look fascinating, but you're right...not a typical sims game. I'm a story-teller kinda player, so TS2 is more my style...but this certainly does look like an intriguing and fun game. I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl. Totally loving the images!

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 am

wow!

Fascinating! I read every single word of your review, Ari.
Thank you so much for sharing your new game with us.

The scenery DOES look beautiful.
There's so much to look at, isn't there?
I particularly like how pretty the water looks in the ship image.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 646549

Quote :
The babies are...weird. They're wrapped up in a brownish blanket, and from the back it looks like a wriggling larva. And the only thing you can do with it is cuddle.

A wriggling larva!!! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 99672

Quote :
Right now she's medicating him, but she can also apply leeches, which she can buy in town or collect herself from the pond.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 534790

Quote :
...this is not a sims game. Not like we're used to, anyway...There are similarities, but there are many more differences...This is EA's attempt to combine sims with an RPG. Though it doesn't really play like an RPG, either, it is its own thing - a completely unique gaming experience, and unless you realize that right up front, you probably won't like it...
I worry, though, that the questing will get boring after a time, and then what? Supposedly there is a free mode when you finish the quests for the kingdom, but I've heard it's boring with nothing to unlock and work toward.

Very good to know, m'lady.
I don't think I've ever played any role playing games...at least not that I can recall.

I am glad you're having fun with Sims Medieval and really enjoyed reading your critique & looking at your beautiful screenshots.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 3547075637

BTW, I am sorry you and Harry have been feeling so horribly.
I am wishing you both restored good health again soon.
Take good care of yourselves.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 55394

Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:44 pm

It sounds like a really fun game, Ari. It's a shame though that sims can't age or have more than two kids. But the different body shapes and the ability to make them a more specific age is really cool. The scenery is amazing! Do you think this game would work well at all for storytelling or is there not enough control over the various characters? If you could manipulate the screenshots enough, like in The Sims 2, it would be great for setting scenes for a story. It sounds like fun to play the way it was intended too. I look forward to hearing more about it as you get more into playing the game.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Nice game Ari, sometimes when I play Sims I want them to be more like Dungeon Siege or likewise, to be able to fight monsters and bad guys and still make a a family and be able to go to the town and have a date ... so but that was just a dream.. this game seams to be an attempt from Ea, to do so, in the passed there have been some attempt like Sim's Robinson, where you had to survival on a desert island also you had conquest to do.. or one could just play and live on the island and race your family ... they also did a Sims Fallout, where you could raise your family in a fallout shelter, and fight mutants and search the waist land for food Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 12612 but I don't think any of those games was any hit... I was standing in the game shop with that Robinson Sim game but chose to buy night life ... now I am sorry I did not buy that game, but we all do mistakes... well don't know if it was good, but it might been ...

Sorry for not been responding to your tread for a long time now, but I been bad in the fingers for a while now, and then it is hard to type, well thanks for all the pictures you have posted, that I did not post, did not mean I did not read laughin
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks, Toni. Yes, I am in agreement with you. For progression in sims' lives, Sims 2 will be the game for me, too. SM will not replace TS2 - there aren't enough features to make it a long term play.

Sugah - thanks! Most of us are doing ok - Harry still feels crappy, though. I'm hoping the meds they gave him at the doctor's office will stop making him dizzy/nauseous and start clearing up whatever this crud is that he has.

Em - unfortunately, as a storytelling device, SM will just not work well. There isn't nearly enough control over characters, and you really can't even pick which sim to play unless you pick a quest they just happen to be able to do. But then you can't control anyone else. There are all kinds of possibilities for modders to change that, though, so there's really no telling what will happen. But for now, TS2 is a much better vehicle for stories. The camera angles are very limited in this game, and you get a 'dollhouse' look when you see your sims in their homes. You can't zoom all over the house and see rooms from the backs and sides - only the front.

Jackie - I KNOW!! It would be perfect if you were able to play this like a sims game and still have all the quest stuff, too. How awesome it would be to be able to do both in the same game. And a lot of people are already saying that, so maybe sometime in the future we'll get lucky and something like that will come out. The ratings for this one are good, but not great, getting only a 7.7 by Critics and a 7.5 by users - I would be interested in seeing other reviews, as well.

The game has so many good elements and possibilities, but many limitations, as well. I was reading on the EA forum that the other kingdom ambitions have the same quest as the first one. Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 515704 What's the point of having 12 different ambitions if the quests are all going to be the same? That's already taken the wind out of some of my sails. And I haven't even gotten to play my merchant, yet. It seems like the only quests that are open to me are for everyone else, especially my blacksmith. I love my blacksmith, but he's already level 8 - and there's a level 10 cap. I was hoping to level all of my heroes approximately the same. I also read that once you finish the kingdom and go into freeplay mode, you can't level up your heroes anymore. That really kinda sucks. So we shall see, as I play more what kind of new discoveries I make.

In the meantime, here are a couple more shots:

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Streamday
The stream in daytime.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Oceannight
The ocean at night.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Training
My knight, Jonas Locke, training a squire.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Screenshot
Cuddling with my spy, Valonia, in church. An interesting thing about this game, your sims find faith on their own. I've had a couple of sims become members of the Peteran faith while I wasn't playing them.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Jonasdancing
Jonas dancing to Elaina's lute.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Jonasdancing1
Another, because he's just so darn cute.

Ah buggers - I forgot to resize the images. Sugah - let me know if these are a problem - if so then I can resize them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3
Page 11 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next