Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Life in Christophe Harbour

Go down 
+14
SandySimmer
butterflyunion
clc
mac
Grykon
Caleb_71
Hunter
Ullwera
soloaris
WittyKitty
Sugah
Astral Faery
autumnelle
AdriannaSimmie
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 am

Quote :
Boy, you guys are really hard on your sims. I think they are cute kids. Everyone in the world can't be breathtakingly gorgeous, and I think little imperfections add character to a face. Anyway, I think they will grow up to be quite dashing young men given where they came from.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 357604 I should show you a picture of my simself's son sometime though. He was a boolprop cheat experiment from back in the day . . . talk about a face only a mother could love. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 128862 SimToni's boys are complete cuties though.

Hmmm . . . are we gearing up towards Marco in and Kyle out? Possibly? I'm glad that they're friendship is going strong again, but I wonder what Kyle is going to react to it. Will he be okay with it since they're old friend or will he sense the sexual tension between them and not be happy about it? Hmmm . . .

The wedding pictures were gorgeous. She looked more serious than happy, but totally lovely on her wedding day.

Quote :
2: Right now I just want to stuff a big fat cinnamon roll in Carolyn's mouth. A fat buttery one dripping with frosting. And I want to make her eat the whole thing! No flour or sugar for 6 years. Sheesh Carolyn! It's called life - you live it. Moderation - it's a good thing. Go look at beautiful Toni with her gorgeous rounded body. That woman is having a dessert with every meal and she's all the more gorgeous for it! But I tease. Carolyn is beautiful, too. I love you

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 99672 You know, even before they discussed how she was looking, I was thinking "wow, that is a skinny waist on that mesh!" Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 128862 Seriously though, she should go ahead and have that cupcake that haunts her dreams. A life deprived of an occasional cupcake or slice of warm homemade bread is no way to live. No Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 128862
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
Ok - #1: The wedding pictures are fabulous!....And I love that garland she's wearing. Any chance you remember where you got it? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 738528

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 3547075637 The garland is a free download from Peggy Sims...it's in TS2 free downloads. Page 9 of the accessories.

Astral Faery wrote:
#2: Right now I just want to stuff a big fat cinnamon roll in Carolyn's mouth. A fat buttery one dripping with frosting. And I want to make her eat the whole thing! No flour or sugar for 6 years. Sheesh Carolyn! It's called life - you live it. Moderation - it's a good thing.

SimEm wrote:
I was thinking "wow, that is a skinny waist on that mesh!" Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 128862 Seriously though, she should go ahead and have that cupcake that haunts her dreams. A life deprived of an occasional cupcake or slice of warm homemade bread is no way to live. No Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 128862

I am SO with you guys! Carolyn has Warlokk's Fashion Model body, but that dress is waaay strange. But I figure she's an actress in her thirties with three children, so it's all part of the biz.

I did the low carb thing for years (and was quite successful at it)...but I really did used to dream about eating cakes! lol!

Astral Faery wrote:
Go look at beautiful Toni with her gorgeous rounded body. That woman is having a dessert with every meal and she's all the more gorgeous for it!

Just like the real life Toni! And not just WITH every meal! Don't forget the between meal snacks! sunny

Astral Faery wrote:
I wonder how healthy it is for them (or Carolyn) to be spending time with him. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 226245

Probably not very healthy at all. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 12679

Astral Faery wrote:
Judging by the little sneak peak, if this is going where I think it's going, I might jump for joy. Well, after the emotional upheaval and all around heartaches. blinkinhearts

SimEm wrote:
Hmmm . . . are we gearing up towards Marco in and Kyle out? Possibly? I'm glad that they're friendship is going strong again, but I wonder what Kyle is going to react to it. Will he be okay with it since they're old friend or will he sense the sexual tension between them and not be happy about it? Hmmm . .

Well, my pretties...time will tell. Time will tell. sunny

In fact...time for a little more telling right now...in fact, a lot of story telling. I really need to move this thing forward.

---
Carolyn and Marco talked and texted over the next couple of weeks...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb1cc802

...but she didn't invite him over again until Kyle returned. Kyle expressed surprise that Marco was back in her life. He hadn't heard her speak of him in years.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1ef1b9

The first few times he was over, Kyle was around, but in time, once he seemed to establish in his mind that they were nothing more than friends, he didn't go out of his way to be home when Marco was visiting.

He also didn't seem threatened by Marco's relationship with the kids. Kyle had a great rapport with his children and when they were both at the house, Daddy was first to get their attention.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb1c580b

Marco was a likable guy, and he and Kyle both liked cars, art and music and they passed many a pleasant evening with him and other friends in animated conversation.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1c4e9a

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Flourish2

The following Fall, shortly after their twelfth anniversary Carolyn found out that Kyle was having an affair with the editor of the woman's fashion magazine, 'Her.'

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b1c672b

She had heard rumours of his infidelity many times over the years, and in her heart she knew they were probably true. He traveled a lot, they kept a studio apartment in Simmiewood were he would sometimes stay over whenever he had "business" in the city. He also had a shower and a pull out sofa bed in the office at the factory in the Harbour's Industrial site where his line was developed. He slept there once in a while, if he was "working late." She had confronted him a few times when she'd hear rumors from reliable sources, and heard the same excuses she had heard before "It's work," "She's one of our models," "She's just a friend."

But he was either really discrete or really lucky, because she had never been able to prove any of her suspicions or the rumours that swirled around Simmiewood. Of course Carolyn was not one to go prying, but as Kyle made no effort to keep his phones away from her and often went to bed still logged into his email, she figured he wasn't keeping anything incriminating there anyway.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b1fb59b

But that Fall, the National Enquirer had gotten hold of some compromising pictures of him and Debra Kramer on a recent trip to London and there was a big showdown.

Carolyn hit the roof and pointed him to the door.

NOTE: THE KYLE ARTICLE IS CIRCLED ON THE RIGHT. THE SIMMIEWOOD MADAM LUCY 'BURKE' IS LUCY BURB. I CHANGED THE FAMILY'S LAST NAME

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 NE_rendezvous_sml_highlgt-1

There were tears on both sides.

He brought up the children. She said children around the world had dealt with parents splitting up. It was unhappy parents staying together that messed them up, she told him.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1c6798

Despite Kyle's apparent inability to resist temptation, he insisted that he really loved Carolyn and he begged her to give him another chance.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b1c6928

"How many chances am I supposed to give you?" she shouted. "At some point, I might as well just not bother to say anything! Why not just invite your women to move in with us?!"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb1c67ba

He started to sleep at the office and he moved some of his stuff into the apartment in Simmiewood (about a 90 minute drive away along the new highway), but he was at the house nearly every day.

The first person Carolyn turned to (after her mother) was Marco, who was away filming in Europe. He was incredibly supportive and they spoke on Skype nearly every night.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb1cb103

His first thoughts once he established that she was holding up alright, were the kids. They seemed to be taking it in stride she said. She and Kyle had always been very open with their children. They had spoken to them together, explaining that mommy and daddy were having some problems and needed to live apart from each other, but they loved them very much.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb1c9f92

Maya didn't seem particularly surprised and Joel was distracted by his Game Boy. Caitlin cried a little but Kyle stayed over that first night until she fell asleep...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1ca313

...and came over early in the morning to make her his special chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1ca85e

After that, the kids seemed to mostly go with the flow. They were used to Kyle being away a lot and so seeing him every few days seemed to be fine with them.

Maya clucked around Carolyn and the 'children' (as she referred to her younger siblings, never mind that Joel was only two years younger than she was) like a mother hen.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db1fb771

Though they had a housekeeper (Myrtle) Carolyn liked to cook for the family. So Maya tried to help even more than usual, trying her hand at making breakfast.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b1ccd64

...And helping little Caitlin with her homework.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b1ce16c

She seemed to sense that Carolyn was operating in a bit of a fog.

"Daddy really needs to get his act together," Carolyn heard her tell her best friend Charlie on the phone one day.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb1caeb1

"The child is wise beyond her eleven years," Carolyn said to herself, and couldn't help smiling though she pretended not to have heard.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b1caee2

Marco was back in Simmiewood a couple of weeks later, but was very busy and didn't come up to the Harbour. But he did text every day, and they spoke several times a week. He apologized for not being able to come up to see them and after being assured that she was doing alright, they spoke mostly about work and the kids.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b1cc66e

Caitlin cried sometimes at bedtime, and Maya was a bit irritable, but Carolyn suspected that that was as much the adolescent crazies as her parents' estrangement.

Kyle spent hours at the house every day, and often hung around in the evenings. He was charming and disarming, and one night after the kids had gone to bed and she made a move to start tidying up the den, he took her by her hand and got down on one knee.

"Carolyn, I can't live without you. You are my inspiration...my muse. I will never stop trying to prove to you how much I love you," he said tenderly, his eyes glistening. She felt tears flood to hers.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db1cb83b

They had been through so much, and had built a very comfortable and pleasant life together. She smiled tearily, and he got to his feet, and slowly slid his hands onto her waist. Very gently he kissed her, and she melted against him, kissing him back. He had moved out nearly two months before. It had been a long time since....

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b1cb868

Kyle was a gentle partner.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b1cba8d

While Marco, a man of such gentle spirit, was all fire and passion behind closed doors.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_5ab40c5b_7ac79f6e_bw

She pushed those thoughts out of her mind, and wrapped her arms around her husband.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b1cb8cf

Marco did not seem surprised when she told him on the phone a few days later that Kyle had moved back in. There was a pause on the other end of the line when she told him, and then he said softly, "That's love."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db1cc9cb

She wondered why it bothered her that he didn't seem bothered.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b1e396a

TEASER: NOT THE NEXT INSTALLMENT, BUT THE ONE AFTER

...before Carolyn realized what was happening, Kyle lunged forward and landed his fist across Marco's face.

"Kyle!" Carolyn screamed, leaping forward to get between them.
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:08 am

Toni wrote:
She had heard rumours of his infidelity many times over the years, and in her heart she knew they were probably true.

You think? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Th_14th_girl-smiley-duh-gigi

I really don't know what to make of her. You spin a good yarn, Toni! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 28795
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:41 am

I think like most people who're married and have kids, she just wants to make her marriage work. At least give it a try. He was her first love, and he seems to be a great father and all that...I'm not making excuses for his behaviour at ALL, it's just that it's not unusual for people to break up and make up. Sadly, based on what I've seen...rarely does a cheating partner ever change. No

I sure hope the diabolical writer of this tale lets us get inside her mind to find out what the heck she's thinking! Oh wait!!! I'm the diabolical writer! :muahaha:
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 am

ilikefishfood wrote:

I sure hope the diabolical writer of this tale lets us get inside her mind to find out what the heck she's thinking! Oh wait!!! I'm the diabolical writer! :muahaha:

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 624517 take it easy now....Is it you? Are you sure?
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 am

Ok so I am just gonna say

I told you so!! Kyle is a D-O-G!!! Ugh!!! Carolyn needs to get her crap together and kick his sorry butt to the curb once and for all!!

Wonderful story telling sweetie, you have us all hooked for sure!!
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Quote :
Sadly, based on what I've seen...rarely does a cheating partner ever change. No

And why would he change? She keeps taking him back. Sure there's some drama every time they break up, but he keeps getting everything he wants with no really consequences. I only hope Carolyn isn't so naive that she thinks he will change. If she's willing to accept that he's a cheating dog who probably won't change, then it's her choice to make. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 553217 She's a better person that I not to snoop. I'd be glancing at his phone and e-mail and maybe making a surpise visit to his office some night while he's working late. But maybe she just didn't want to know the truth. No

So I'm wondering just how long Kyle and Carolyn were married before their daughter was born. A year? Nine months? A little less than that? By the way, I don't expect an answer to the questions I pose, just speculating . . . Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 226245
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Ullwera wrote:
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 624517 take it easy now....Is it you? Are you sure?

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 99672

AdriannaSimmie wrote:
Ok so I am just gonna say I told you so!! Kyle is a D-O-G!!! Ugh!!! Carolyn needs to get her crap together and kick his sorry butt to the curb once and for all!!!

Gosh, he honestly is! Even I admit it. *hangs head in shame*

SimEm wrote:
And why would he change? She keeps taking him back. Sure there's some drama every time they break up, but he keeps getting everything he wants with no really consequences. I only hope Carolyn isn't so naive that she thinks he will change. If she's willing to accept that he's a cheating dog who probably won't change, then it's her choice to make.

Well said! I've held a lot of friends' hands through these situations. It almost always eventually ends. Or, as you say...one partner has to accept the others' infidelity.

As for Carolyn...her parents have been married forever, and they're still nuts about each other. She also has family as per secondary aspiration and family is really important to her. All of that...plus the first love thing...and they really do get along well, and have good chemistry.

SimEm wrote:
She's a better person that I not to snoop. I'd be glancing at his phone and e-mail and maybe making a surpise visit to his office some night while he's working late. But maybe she just didn't want to know the truth. No

That's got to be it. Ignorance is bliss.

SimEm wrote:
So I'm wondering just how long Kyle and Carolyn were married before their daughter was born. A year? Nine months? A little less than that? By the way, I don't expect an answer to the questions I pose, just speculating . . . Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 226245

affraid You mean they had unprotected sex?! In my thread?!!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 363286 Ha haaaaaaa! I kill me!!!

Well let's check in and see how this little love triangle is coming along.

---

Marco was very busy the next few weeks and didn't make it up to the Harbour until Christmas when he showed up at the house loaded down with presents for the kids.

"I missed you!" he told them as they threw themselves at him after he had set all the parcels down on the ground.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b1fdba5-1

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b1fdbe0

Gradually he began coming around more often. He was working on a movie script and he and Carolyn would spend hours in the dining room discussing ideas as one or another of the children and their friends charged around.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb203bcb

Her show Buddies, after winning the award for Best Sitcom several years in a row...

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_da321059_bb1333ce

...had ended still high in the ratings, and had immediately been picked up for syndication. She decided to relax after an over ten year grueling work schedule, reading the occasional script and making guest appearances on other TV shows. The kids were getting to the age where she really needed to be around to keep an eye on them, and she was not in a hurry to take up another weekly series.

As the years rolled on, Uncle Marco remained a comfortable constant in their lives. It was just like back in high school...her partner Kyle and her best friend Marco. Her friends teased her about her 'two husbands.'

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db2045b9

A couple of years later, after winning a Best Actor Oscar, Marco bought a home on the outskirts of Christophe Harbour so he could be closer to his parents and his siblings, most of whom were scattered around the city.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_00000001_9b07cba8

Uncle Marco was over to see thirteen-year old Maya off to her junior high's year-end dance.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b215dff

Maya was a bit of a tomboy who preferred to play football with the boys her age rather than hold hands with them, so she was going with her best friend Charlie.

Charlie was Marco's nephew, the pimply-faced, but otherwise cute son of his sister Teresa and her husband Patrick Benoit (Cassie's brother), and he was tickled pink to see Charlie and Maya all scrubbed and dressed up.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb215d7b

They had been friends since kindergarten and Maya didn't think of him as a boy. He was just Charlie. Nonetheless, they looked very cute together, even as they made faces and teased each other about their outfits.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b215bc2

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb215af4

Teresa and Patrick were over too, and Kyle was busy snapping pictures while Caitlin danced around happily.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db216155

As the young friends left to be driven away in a limo their parents had hired, Kyle disappeared into the living room leaving Carolyn and Marco to say goodbye to Teresa and Patrick.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb21644f

Carolyn went to check on Caitlin who had disappeared upstairs and Marco headed to the living room to grab his car keys. Kyle turned as Marco entered the room.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db21661f

"Drink?" he asked Marco, holding up a bottle of scotch.

Marco nodded and smiled, "Thanks."

As Kyle handed Marco his drink, Carolyn joined them.

Kyle poured her a glass of wine (she always drank red wine), handed it to her and said calmly,

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb216736

"So when were you two going to tell me that Marco is Maya's father?"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb216853

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:48 pm

OMG!!!!
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 259558

Wow, oh wow oh wow!!! Girl, you definately know how to make a cliff hanger for sure!!!
Holy crap, Marco is Maya's dad hmmmm?!?!?!?!

Jeez!!!

Ok, now that I am a little over my shock..

Ok, how cute is Charlie? I just love how he and Maya are friends but could possibly be more. Maybe they will learn from Carolyn and Marco's mistakes?

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 pm

AdriannaSimmie wrote:
OMG!!!!
Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 259558

Wow, oh wow oh wow!!! Girl, you definately know how to make a cliff hanger for sure!!!
Holy crap, Marco is Maya's dad hmmmm?!?!?!?!

Jeez!!!

Now that's what I call a reaction! laughin Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 461171 God bless your emotional little heart Jen! sunny

I deliberately avoided taking a full shot of Maya's face before now.

I can just imagine Kyle's shock when he was zooming in on them taking pictures and saw this!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b21769f
Back to top Go down
AdriannaSimmie

AdriannaSimmie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:10 pm

You are killing me smalls, for real!
She is Marco down to the ear wax!
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 774807 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 683951 Yes, Yes!!!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Ilerequin

Now the circels becomes tighter and thighter.

:muahaha:
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:37 am

Toni wrote:
I think like most people who're married and have kids, she just wants to make her marriage work. At least give it a try. He was her first love, and he seems to be a great father and all that...I'm not making excuses for his behaviour at ALL, it's just that it's not unusual for people to break up and make up. Sadly, based on what I've seen...rarely does a cheating partner ever change. No

This is true, but this actually wasn't what I was talking about. I think what annoys me most about her character (and a lot of characters in general) is that she is supposed to be accomplished, successful, intelligent (yada, yada), but yet she spends most of her life being disappointed with men. She should be smart enough to know that another person is not going to be able to make you happy, you have to do that for yourself. As long as she is relying on either of these guys (or some other guy for that matter since people like this tend to always have someone around who is making them miserable) she is always going to be unhappy with her relationships. I realize this is how some people are, yeah, yeah, but that does not mean I have to like it. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 971462

Toni wrote:
...Marco bought a home on the outskirts of Christophe Harbour so he could be closer to his parents and his siblings, most of whom were scattered around the city.

Nice digs!

Quote :
I can just imagine Kyle's shock when he was zooming in on them taking pictures and saw this!

Damn! affraid

As I said in the beginning, this is exactly why I don't watch soap operas/serial dramas; after a while the characters really start to get on my nerves. Great storytelling, Toni! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 12612
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:22 am

Woo, yeah, it's heating up now! And did I call it or what? Okay, so I wasn't sure Maya was Marco's, I never did get a clear view of her face (sneaky! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 422794 ) But with a 12 year anniversary, an 11 year old daughter and a wedding that happened as quick as theirs, I thought either she's Marco's daughter or if she was Kyle's, she might be the reason they decided to get married so fast.

Quote :
affraid You mean they had unprotected sex?! In my thread?!!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 363286 Ha haaaaaaa! I kill me!!!

Unless the stork brought her three kids. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 85797 We already knew they had premarital sex. You showed that pretty well. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 226245

Wow, Maya and Marco are almost identical, aren't they? Can't wait to see what happens next! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 940149
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 10:05 am

AdriannaSimmie wrote:
You are killing me smalls, for real!

sunny

AdriannaSimmie wrote:
She is Marco down to the ear wax!

Isn't she though?! The D'Angelo's have really strong genes. All of his parents kids look really similar.

Ullwera wrote:
Yes, Yes!!!!! Now the circels becomes tighter and thighter.
:muahaha:

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 97206

Autumnelle wrote:
I think what annoys me most about her character (and a lot of characters in general) is that she is supposed to be accomplished, successful, intelligent (yada, yada), but yet she spends most of her life being disappointed with men. She should be smart enough to know that another person is not going to be able to make you happy, you have to do that for yourself. As long as she is relying on either of these guys (or some other guy for that matter since people like this tend to always have someone around who is making them miserable) she is always going to be unhappy with her relationships.

I feel the same way Elle! Sadly, it's very common. So many women think their happiness is tied up in another person.

SimEm wrote:
Woo, yeah, it's heating up now! And did I call it or what?

That you did! laughin

SimEm wrote:
I wasn't sure Maya was Marco's, I never did get a clear view of her face (sneaky! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 422794 ) But with a 12 year anniversary, an 11 year old daughter and a wedding that happened as quick as theirs, I thought either she's Marco's daughter or if she was Kyle's, she might be the reason they decided to get married so fast.

I'm pretty sure she didn't even know. They got engaged a week after her perfect night with Marco, and married a month after that. She'd have been less than six weeks along.

SimEm wrote:
We already knew they had premarital sex. You showed that pretty well. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 226245

*blush* That I did. I'd have hoped they were sensible enough to use protection, but based on what we saw *cough* I'm guessin' that was not on their minds at all! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 97206
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:14 am

The glass of brandy slipped out of Marco's hand and crashed to the floor, shattering on the ceramic tiles. He sat heavily on a nearby chair staring at Carolyn in shock. He then turned his head away and closed his eyes.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b216c53

"Oh! You didn't know!" Kyle said, his voice tight.

Carolyn, rested her glass on the coffee table, her hands shaking.

Kyle, his arms folded, stared at his wife waiting for her to say something.

Her voice was surprisingly steady, though she spoke softly.

We weren't together at the time, Kyle."

"When?! When weren't we together? When?!" He asked roughly.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db217133

Carolyn walked slowly over to the open double doors and closed them. The childrens' rooms were upstairs and on the other side of the house, and the den was a good distance away, but she didn't want to take the chance of them hearing anything. She then turned back to face the two men. Marco sitting with his head in his hand, was breathing heavily. Kyle's eyes were dark, his face twisted.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b216eef

Carolyn willed herself to stay calm, even though her brain felt like it was going to explode. She knew this day would come, but dear Lord, not like this. Not both of them at the same time! She wanted to turn and flee, but she did not. It was time to face the fire.

The only other people in the world who had known that Maya was not Kyle's daughter was her mother, who she had confided in after Maya was born. Her mother later told her father. About ten years ago, Carolyn had told her sister Pauline her secret.

Carolyn walked to the center of the room. She looked first at Marco and then at Kyle.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb217016

"I'm sorry," she said softly.

Then she took a small step towards her husband of fourteen years. How do you tell a man, his daughter isn't his daughter ? She took a deep breath.

"We weren't together," she said again. "You were in Europe...and...and I broke up with you."

"And what did you do? Hop right into bed with him?" he asked gesturing towards Marco who was staring at the floor.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb2170e5

"Don't get self-righteous on me now Kyle," she snapped, surprised at her own anger.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb2171ab

Kyle opened his mouth as though to respond, and then closed it again.

"We got back together shortly afterward," she continued, her voice flat. "By time I realized I was going to have a baby, we were already married."

"But you knew she wasn't mine," he said, more a statement than a question.

She nodded, her eyes finally betraying her by letting their tears spring. She blinked rapidly to keep them back.

"So you let me believe she was mine? All these years..." he trailed off, his voice, sounding sharp and angry.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb216d39

"She is your daughter. Maybe not biologically, but you're her dad. The only father she knows. I'm sorry Kyle...I...I didn't know what else to do." Carolyn said softly.

Marco looked up from the spot on the floor that had had him so mesmerized.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b218b17

"You could have told me," he said staring straight ahead, his voice dull and hard.

She took a deep breath.

"What for Marco?" Kyle snapped at him angrily. So you could come and rescue her? Isn't that how you've played the game all these years? Being the good friend, just waiting around to get her into bed?" he snarled, making a move towards Marco.

Marco stood up and faced Kyle, his eyes daring him to take a step closer.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b218d6a

"Kyle!" Carolyn cried, stepping forward and putting her hand on his chest.

"Is that why you came back? Is that why you're here now?" Kyle continued to yell. "Just waiting to $%&*# her again?!"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db21945c

And before Carolyn realized what was happening, Kyle lunged forward and landed his fist across Marco's face.

"Kyle!" Carolyn screamed, leaping forward to get between them.

Marco flinched but stood his ground, not even reaching to touch his face, even as a trickle of blood ran from his nose onto his upper lip.

Kyle stood glaring at him, fists clenched on either side, his eyes flashing, put apparently sated by the punch he had landed on one of the most expensive faces in the world.

Carolyn was now standing between the two of them thinking that she was in a nightmare and praying she would wake up soon.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb219642

She tried to catch Marco's eyes, to plead with him not to retaliate, but he refused to look at her. He looked past her at her husband, and said steadily.

"If you tried every day for the rest of your life, you would never be worthy of her."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b223bcf

Then he turned, walked over to the double doors, swung them open and strode across the foyer.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b223d76

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ullwera

Ullwera

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:51 am

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 364885 Now where is he .....??? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 364885 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 364885 I´m gonna find you......Kyle.....

Carolyn did it the best way she could huh? I think I have to send one for you too . I have been on your side all the time but now I´m not that sure.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Policier

Really nice update You Rock !!!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 302407
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:58 pm

I was literally 4 plus pages behind, but have officially caught up this afternoon. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 922586
Much of what I would've said has been shared by one avid Christophe Harbour fan or another, but I'll reiterate a few things, of course. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 738528

This is goin' back a ways, mind you, and I'm gonna take it all in order...

First off, I agree with everyone regarding your GQ, People, Natl Enquirer and Simmiewood newspaper layouts.
They all look amazing! VERY well done! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 28795

I got a big kick out of gorgeous bride SimToni in her stunning wedding gown posing.
The church was beautiful, as was the happy couple. The whole wedding was magnificent.
Speaking of...
Cound Andre be anymore snackolicous?
That man is scrumptious to the umpteenth power, let me tell ya. droolin

Their stately white stucco estate is as gorgeous as they are.
I'm lovin' the lovely front porch and curb appeal, not to mention the phenomenal interior.
You did a splendid job decorating around Ulli's Madero ... Just amazing!!! :

Is Carolyn's show "Buddies" a play off of the "Friends" sitcom? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 598258

I'm not going to say anything about the Carolyn & Kyle wedding/Marco's broken heart except to comment that this about covers it:

Ari wrote:
Wow. Not only did she go through with it, but extreme fast forward 10 years and now she has a handful of sproglets, too! Marco threw himself into his career, kept his emotional distance with the women, and he and Carolyn still aren't over each other. I really want to slap them both! I love them dearly, and I can totally understand why they made the decisions they did, but if they had once just sat down and talked things out instead of making assumptions and acting like the helpless member of the party and waiting for the other to bend.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 357604 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 637989

I can't even add anything to that. Sums it up in a nutshell. I'm totally bummed, but what'd'ya gonna do?

It's so funny Jen should mention the show "Dallas". I was thinking the same exact thing.
Perhaps Marco will wake up and it was all a bad dream. Let us pray. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 266736

Adrien and Gabriele are darling and a major hoot!
I am so lovin' those nudey padooteys runnin' around and swimmin' with their little piddlywackers floppin' about!
Are they Leos, per chance? They could not be any more adorable, Toni.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 448283

I love the semi-aerial view of Kyle with the kids in their living room. Great shot!
I also really like the image of Uncle Marco in that gorgeous pool with the kiddos, too. Beautiful set up!

Quote :
The following Fall, shortly after their twelfth anniversary Carolyn found out that Kyle was having an affair with the editor of the woman's fashion magazine, 'Her.'

Sheesh. Big surprise there. Perhaps ignorance IS bliss.
It was inevitable that the truth came out, of course. Rolling Eyes
Jen nailed it. Kyle is a D-O-G. But we've always known as much, haven't we?

The pic of Caitlin crying on daddy's lap touched me, I must say. Awwww...
Kyle is also a P-I-G for hurting his children, btw.

Oh, & I see Lothario made the news again (in the Enquirer this time). Some OTHER things never change evidently. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 598258

Quote :
Marco did not seem surprised when she told him on the phone a few days later that Kyle had moved back in. There was a pause on the other end of the line when she told him, and then he said softly, "That's love."

Pffft. Whatevah. Call it what you like, but if it's love, it ain't healthy love.
I suppose if it's for the sake of their beautiful children, I'll give Carolyn this one.

Em wrote:
And why would he change? She keeps taking him back. Sure there's some drama every time they break up, but he keeps getting everything he wants with no really consequences.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 357604 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 637989

Well said, Em! Tell it, sista!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 827319

Love Marco's new abode. Niiiiice!

I knew that something was up with Maya, btw, when you were not showing full shots of her face.
We were only shown pics with her hair blocking her face or backside shots. That made me suspicious to start with.
I kept thinking, why isn't Toni showing us the girl?
I started to figure it out after reading a bit and doing the math on her age, etc.

Love, love, love this new twist in the storyline.
Marco and Maya are the spitting image of one another.

Toni wrote:
The D'Angelo's have really strong genes. All of his parents kids look really similar.

You got that right, chica. Woah!
Maya is Marco's "Mini Me"!!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 12612

Toni wrote:
The only other people in the world who had known that Maya was Marco's daughter was her mother...

Oh for crying out loud! Anyone who has eyes to see could know whose child Maya is for criminy sake!
Are these people as blind as they are ignorant??? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 971462

Marco wrote:
"If you tried every day for the rest of your life, you would never be worthy of her."

Well said, my darling, well said. So, what will you do now, dear Marco???

~*~

Toni, that was all so incredibly amazing.
Once I got started catching up, I was hooked...mesmerized.
Your storytelling is always so intriguing, creative, suspenseful and fascinating.
And your beautiful screenshots, brilliant decorating and eye for detail never ceases to impress.
SIMply awesome, from start to finish!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 302407 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 461171 Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 846508
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:38 pm

I so Hate Kyle, filthy type ... Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 515704

Good work Toni, sorry that you did not plan a good accident for kyle, maybe he could be on a sinking ship, or in a snow avalanche, or in a airplane with out gas ... or maybe something easy, like be burnt in a house on fire ... He,he ... maybe I will write a book; The 1000 deaths of Kyle !!! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 12612 laughin
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:52 pm

What a sad state these characters have gotten themselves into. There's really no one innocent here. No

I'm still waiting to see why Carolyn got engaged and married to Kyle so quickly, especially if she didn't know she was pregnant until after they were married (even if she knew that wouldn't explain the engagement). *insert impatient, toe tapping smiley here.*

By the way, I'm glad Maya and Charlie are adamant about staying just friends, otherwise there'd be a serious scandal!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm missing the party in here! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 366915

Ok well I have to say holy CRAP about the recent updates. I do so appreciate your lovely poses and houses for your story, and your dialogue is realistic to read - that makes things so real.

I was going to say that now it all made sense. The reason why Carolyn jumped into marriage with Kyle - it made so much sense. Perhaps she went to Marco's apartment to tell him she was pregnant with his baby? But even so, if that was the case, she should have told him regardless if he was having an naked free for all with half the neighborhood or just entertaining one woman - that's something important that you don't just leave without saying, no matter what the circumstances.

But then, you said that Carolyn didn't even know...so I am confused again. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 391884 I'm going to have to join Em in the foot tapping. We need to know Carolyn's thoughts and motivations all these years. I smell a colorful flashback heading our way - I hope!

I admit that I was clueless. Maybe some of your readers figured it out. I never realized we didn't get a clear shot of Maya, I just thought you were picking realistic angles and such. But now I see why. One full face shot and it would have given itself away. So I remained happily oblivious which makes the bomb that much more potent.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 846508
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:30 am

Sugah wrote:
Em wrote:
And why would he change? She keeps taking him back. Sure there's some drama every time they break up, but he keeps getting everything he wants with no really consequences.

Sugah wrote:
Are these people as blind as they are ignorant??? Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 971462

Thank you! HELLO!

Toni wrote:
I feel the same way Elle! Sadly, it's very common. So many women think their happiness is tied up in another person.

Too many men fall into this trap, too. Low self-esteem causes people to deal with a lot of bad treatment from their partner, both physical and emotional. Oh, well, c'est la vie!

I do not see Carolyn as the innocent victim here! To top it off, now she drags her daughter into this mess she made of her love life. It's one thing (though still not completely fair) to not be sure who's child you are carrying and let your husband believe the baby is his, but to know damn well that your one-night stand resulted in this pregnancy and not tell him, that is just plain wrong. Not just to Kyle whose feelings I could give two figs about, but to everyone else involved. Who gave you the right to play God and decide what's best for everyone, especially since it is clear from your decisions in life thus far that you are hardly qualified to do so. Let's be real, Carolyn, your objective was to protect your own a$$ from your mistakes and not have to face the music. She has a lot of freakin' nerve. It seems that Kyle is not the only one who feels that deceit is all right with an excuse and that there are no consequences to actions. Okay, I am off the soapbox now!

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 885966

Em wrote:
What a sad state these characters have gotten themselves into. There's really no one innocent here. No

I read this after I responded to Toni's latest post above, and I agree whole-heartedly. I thought I was the only one who realized that Carolyn has just as much culpability in this as anyone else. They all need to take a good, long look in the mirror.

Toni, you really have mastered the craft of the serial drama. I am really loving this! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 28795
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am

First! This thread has passed 7000 views! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 259558 Wow! I'm just so blown away!

Next...and most importantly...you guys totally rock! dancintrio I love that you are so totally emotionally invested in this sordid tale. How incredibly awesome you are for taking the time to comment. I am so moved and flattered....and let's be honest, tickled pink! sunny

I agree with everything you all have said. Carolyn really messed this one up. I'm not making excuses for her, but I think sometimes people misstep and in not correcting it quickly, it just snowballs into one big, tangled mess. I'm guessing she didn't think it though at the time, she was scared, probably still hurt by what she would have seen as Marco's rejection...and made the monumentally stupid decision to just bury her head in the sand and convince herself that what had happened hadn't happened.

For the arms-crossed-foot-tappin' followers out there (and you know who you are! sunny ), we will eventually get to piece together how this all came to pass....eventually! lol! Fear not though, I'm committed to wrapping this up in just a few more installments. Speaking of which...here's another...this was actually going to be broken up into three separate updates, but in the interest of everyone's stress levels, I'll try to cover as much ground as possible in each. Here goes!

---
"Marco!" Carolyn cried heading towards the door.

"Carolyn!" Kyle yelled, but she ran from the room.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b223e50-1

"Marco!" Carolyn called, trying to keep her voice low in case one of the other children came downstairs. She caught up with him in the car port.

"Marco," she felt breathless,

He turned. He had swiped roughly at the blood trickling coming from his nose smearing it on his face. His eyes were glinting. Anger or tears? She couldn't tell in the dim lighting.

Now that she had his attention, she didn't know what to say.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked, his voice hard.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db224155

"You weren't talking to me, and I was already married...and you weren't talking to me," she said again.

He lowered his eyes.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b22412e

"We've been back in each others' lives for nearly five years now...Why didn't you tell me?"

A small sob escaped her throat. "How could I bring it up now after all these years. "

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_7b2243de

"How were you so sure she was mine?" he asked bluntly.

She tried to look him in the eyes, but when he met her gaze, she dropped hers focusing instead on the scar on his chin.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db2242c9

"Kyle has always been vigilant about 'being careful,'" she said softly. She looked up again, straight into Marco's eyes. Hers were full of tears. His were dry and accusing.

"Up to the day we got married, Kyle never ever took chances. We always, always used protection," she said quietly.

Marco closed his eyes. Protection was not on their minds that night they had spent together.

She took another deep breath. "So when a couple of months after I was married I found out I was three months pregnant, I knew it was your baby," she said her voice trembling. "Kyle just assumed our birth control had failed. He never considered any other option."

"She looks like me," he said quietly.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb22408f

Carolyn nodded. She had convinced herself that Maya looked like her and Kyle. Some of Kyle's relatives had blueish eyes, and her mother's family had very strong facial features, so she told herself that her daughter had inherited the sharp bone structure of the Gothier family. But as Maya had gotten older, there was no mistaking the chiseled features of her father. She had his deep-set, smoky blue-grey eyes, his square jaw, distinguished Roman nose...and his luxuriously thick, dark eyelashes.

Marco looked up at her again, and his eyes were now filled with tears too.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb2240c8

He looked like a lost little boy and Carolyn so desperately wanted to go and wrap her arms around him, but in all the time since they had reconciled, other than that first night at Andre's party when he had touched her hand, they had never ever touched each other. Not even in greeting. It struck her only now that they had avoided physical contact.

"Please don't walk away Marco. I need you," she whispered.

He exhaled deeply. "You're asking a lot," he said, shaking his head as though to clear it and raking his fingers roughly through his thick hair. His voice was hoarse.

She nodded. "Don't hate me, Marco," the tears slipped down her cheeks and she wiped at them with the back of her hands.

"I understand why you didn't say something then. But I'm having a hard time understanding why you didn't tell me over the past few years."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b22447a

His eyes were filled with such pain, that she had to look away. Her heart constricted.

"I've just found out that I've been a father for thirteen years. I need...I need...time," he said huskily.

She nodded again, no longer bothering to wipe away the tears that flowed down her face.

"You have to tell her." he said.

"What? Oh no! Not now! Not yet!"

He rubbed his forehead, looking at the ground, and then he looked right at her.

"How long do you think it will be before Maya and Charlie's friendship develops into something more?" he asked with a grimace.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b2240cf

She inhaled sharply. She had closely monitored their life-long friendship as they grew older, and was convinced that they thought of each other as brother and sister. But the thought that it could turn into something more made her shiver. Her head felt light. She swallowed deeply, then nodded slowly.

They stood staring at each other. She was struck by his beauty, even with his finger-raked hair and blood streaked face.

"Do you want to be here?" she asked softly.

She saw his brain clocking over. "I do, but I don't think that will be best for Maya. You and Kyle should tell her."

She swallowed hard again, and nodded.

"I have to go now," he said turning away suddenly.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b224550

"Marco. Don't leave me." she said softly.

Still turned away from her, he shook his head. "I just need time," he said again.

Then he looked back. "Will you let me know how it goes?" he asked.

"Of course," she whispered, nodding sadly.

He turned away again and walked to his car.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b2244a8

He opened the door, slid behind the wheel, started the engine and pulled away, all without looking back at her.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b22469f

The tears spilled down Carolyn's cheeks.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb224776

After a few minutes, she wiped her face with her hands, took a deep breath and headed back inside to deal with the other man in her life.

Her husband was slouched on the couch in the living room, a glass of scotch dangling from his fingertips, looking like it was about to drop to the floor.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b2248ae

He looked up at her accusingly as she entered and closed the door behind her.

"You went after him. I needed you, and you went after him."

"Kyle" she said wearily. "You live here with me. He was leaving, and I owed him an explanation...an apology," she said, lowering herself onto a large armchair next to the couch.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb224978

"Don't I deserve that too?" he asked accusingly.

"Yes, and I'm here now to do that."

He swirled the dark brown liquid in his glass. "Have you been with him since?"

"What?" she asked confused. "What are you asking?" She felt irritated.

"Have you and Marco slept together since then? Like in the past few years...maybe when we were apart for those few months...or when I've been away."

Carolyn lept to her feet.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b224c2b

"Who do you think I am?" she asked sharply. "No we have not been together! You seem more concerned about me and Marco than with finding out that Maya isn't your biological daughter."

"I can't bear the thought of him touching you," he said.

"How many women have you been with in the years we've been together Kyle?" She asked, her voice rising. "How many are there now?!"

"How can I tell you how you how I feel if you're going to say that?" he snapped.

"You can't!" she said sharply. "You can't ever, ever tell me that it hurts you to think of me with another man!"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b224b79

He rested his glass on the ground between his feet and stared at it for a few seconds. Then he looked up at her, his eyes glassy.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb224c5c

"Do you want to stay together?"

"What?" she asked, feeling confused. "Where is this coming from?"

"Do you want to be with him?"

She looked at him as though he was crazy. "Right now, all I can think about is Maya. I'm a horrible mother." she said, surprising herself by bursting into tears.

She buried her head in her hands, and sobbed.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_fb224d9d

"No, no, Cara," Kyle cried, jumping up, knocking over his glass and spilling its contents across the floor.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb224db3

He wrapped his arms around her. "No. No. Don't say that. The children are so blessed to have you for a mother. Don't ever say that."

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_9b224efc

He rocked her gently and they both cried.

"Oh Kyle," she sobbed. "What have I done?"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_1b224ef5

He sighed deeply. "Carolyn, I'm having a rough time here.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b224ed8

On one hand I get it, that I had pushed you away. On the other hand you never told me...I guess...I guess...I understand why you didn't, but I'm still angry about it...and...and...then I can't get the image of you and..." he didn't finish his sentence.

"We have to tell her Kyle."

"What?!" He said, pulling away and staring at her wildly.

"She should know, and we're both going to have to tell her." She continued hurriedly before he could interrupt. "She needs to know you love her, and that nothing will change. That you're still her daddy," she said.

He turned away from her.

"Kyle...she and Charlie are first cousins," she said softly.

He dropped onto the couch, shoving the glass on the floor out of his way with his foot.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b224da5

He rubbed his hands over his eyes. Then he got up, and paced around the room running his hands over his face. He sat back down. Several minutes passed. Finally, staring straight ahead, he sighed deeply and asked, "When?"

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b224a55

She felt a wave of relief wash over her. One thing with Kyle, despite his inability to be faithful, was that he loved his kids more than anything in the world. He would do anything to protect them.

And so they sat on the sofa, side by side that night, waiting for Maya to come home.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_3b22eb26

Just before midnight Kyle and Carolyn sitting quietly in the lamp-lit living room, heard the limo crunching up the long gravel driveway in front of their home. Carolyn rose to her feet and walked to the foyer to stand at the window.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b22ec3d

Her heart was racing, and her palms were sweaty. She was about to turn her baby's life upside down.

Looking through the arched window she saw her tall, leggy daughter unfold herself from the car, laughing apparently at something Charlie had said to her. She bent over to swat at him as he sat in the back seat.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db22ee23

"Bye Loser!" Maya chirped with a grin, waving to her friend as she headed for the front door.

"Wait!" Charlie called, climbing out of the car.

Carolyn held her breath.

"You forgot your..." he snickered, as he held up Maya's evening bag. "Whatever this is," he said giggling, as he tossed it over the top of the car to her.

Barely slowing her pace, she stretched out her arms and caught it deftly with one hand.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_bb22eea6

"It's a purse Benoit!" she said scornfully, but she was grinning from ear to ear at her friend.

"Later Harry!" he said, laughing as he climbed back into the car.

Harry, was short for Harrelson. "Except, she's not a Harrelson, is she?" Carolyn thought, her eyes filling with tears for what felt like the hundredth time that evening.

She looked back to see Kyle standing behind her. As she turned toward him he reached over and wiped a tear from her cheek.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_db22f012

They were waiting for Maya when she pushed open the heavy front door.

Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Snapshot_daffa2c4_5b22f0e2

"Who died?" she said, looking at their weary faces.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Quote :

I read this after I responded to Toni's latest post above, and I agree whole-heartedly. I thought I was the only one who realized that Carolyn has just as much culpability in this as anyone else. They all need to take a good, long look in the mirror.

Oh no, I blame Carolyn for this mess more than I do either of the guys. They were both basically ignorant of the situation. She made a couple of really poor decisions, and not just small decisions, but major life decisions, like rushing into marriage with a guy who she's had a rocky relationship all along and when she's hasn't resolved her feelings for someone else and hiding her daughter's paternity. The time to tell Kyle would have been when she told him she was pregnant. Sure it would have been hard and it would have been easy to come up with a hundred different excuses not too, but if she knew there was even a chance she should have said so. It's not like Kyle could have said anything. It's not like he never even looked at another woman when they were apart . . . or together. She is in some deep denial about her life, about Kyle's infidelities and her daughter's paternity. I think she's been trying to see her life the way she wants it to be and not the way it really is. No

I think Kyle actually comes out looking a little better than Marco. If he wasn't a lying, cheating dog, I'd probably be rooting for him.

Poor Maya. How's she going to handle this news. Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 729422
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:22 am

Very well said, Em. I completely agree.

I also need to add that, wow, Toni, you are just growing as a storyteller. Very real emotions and behaviors in this chapter - I was right there in the same room with them, I felt everything Carolyn felt. I especially liked the banter between Maya and Charlie - nice touch. I was surprised by Kyle's behavior in this segment - caring and considerate - not the selfish dog he usually seems to be. It was nice to have a glimpse of the other side of him, the one Carolyn is in love with.

I still can't get over how much detail you put into your sims' homes. My sims are lucky if they even get a picture on the wall, and half the times I forget to put lighting in their houses until it gets dark and I realize I've forgotten, lol. But your sims' homes are laid out nicely, with detail in every corner - never too much, and always fitting for their characters. It just blows me away.

I am totally hooked! When's the next chapter? Don't rush it - because then what will you tell us? I don't want this one to be over - I'm enjoying it too much! Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 12612
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life in Christophe Harbour   Life in Christophe Harbour - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life in Christophe Harbour
Page 23 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next